Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gateway to Ruin! (604)

Quote Originally Posted by FunPika View Post
    I really want PUSA to get Maurice LaMarche (who plays the Brain in America) to voice the dub Pluto.
    They won't. LaMarche lives and works in LA; Pokémon dubs in New York. LaMarche is also a longtime, veteran voice actor, likely with salary demands too high for what the Pokémon dub has any reason to pay.

So, no.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Still we can WANT it all we like.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani View Post
    Still we can WANT it all we like.
    Yea lol we can but it aint happening.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Back to discussing the actual episode, I really did think that Shellos's little feet prancing was adorable (although I'm having a hard time believing the gang struggled to catch up to it). I have a Blue Shellos plushie on my shelf, but now I kinda want the pink one. Curse you, writers. Charming me with your devious critters and making me fund your evil operations.
    though the question I can't help but ask is: why was the focus on a pink Karanakushi? This is the first time they even acknowledge the blue ones exist (outside an Okido lecture), and they just skip over them? Didn't we already see enough of the pink one with Nozomi? Bleh, it's bad enough this franchise has to predominantly feature the pink one so damn much in promotional materials and even the games themselves (no in-game trainer uses blue Karanakushi/Tritodon), but can't it give the blue one just a little bit of spotlight?

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Liked how we finally got some Team Galactic action.

Glad that Saturn and Charon were both involved in the mission and that Looker was there to ruin their plans.

A very exciting episode indeed. Not every day that you see the best characters all together. 9/10

It was so-so they did not even go into that door but the shellos were useless this one going to air on dec 19

Awesome !
    I love every epiode with team galactic in it !

My Pokemon team !
    "As a grunt I only serve cyrus "!
    Like spider riders ?
    http://s10.zetaboards.com/Mantids_Fortress/index/
    Join the fourm !

Pretty cool episode.. Glad the US version did not cut out Looker woopin on Galactic Tail!

poor Shellos..when it was crying all tied up.

I was hoping Crogunk was gonna come out for a rematch against the Toxicroak,... but I guess after that beatdown it got awile back....

Man i wish the writers would at least do more with Brock..

"Don't let Team Galactic Escape!" Brock just stood there.. sure pikachu a nd piplup were out of their balls and was easy to just attack but I wish brock could have at least send it something! lol

another episode not in widescreen.. if next weeks is.. I'm starting to sense a two week pattern...but We'll see :P...
    Last edited by halloweenghost; 19th December 2009 at 2:00 PM.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

My finals are over, so it's back to watching Pokemon episodes. Hooray!

This is an entertaining episode, although its failing is that the Team Galactic plot does not progress much. I got the feeling this would be the case when, midway through the episode, attention was placed on mini-diversions such as Team Rocket's theft of the key and Shellos' tendency to run away crying; it is a little disappointing. But that's why the Shellos plot is here as well, to make sure the episode ends with a feeling that something did get done. I liked the way the flooding of the caves was used to solve the problem of the Shellos appearing on the wrong side of Mt. Coronet, probably because I forgot it was a problem in the first place. At least the writers did not, to their credit.

Characterwise, Looker and Saturn were the best, especially Saturn, who always looked like he did not believe anything was going to come out of this.

My favorite part was when Ash and the gang observed the footprints in the cave (without Looker's special binocular thing; regular flashlights will do for our heroes), and Ash and Dawn both enthusiastically thought the people who made them would show them a way out of the caves. Brock was hesitant about the idea but quietly went along with it. And of course, the gang then ran right into Team Galactic and were tied up (Pikachu looked hilarious). Team Galactic placed Brock in the middle; and to me, it was as if they could tell which one of the three had common sense.

Meowth has been saying a funny one-liner in each episode recently.
    Last edited by wind21; 20th December 2009 at 12:06 AM.

A decent episode, wish there was more battling though.

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    Pretty cool episode.. Glad the US version did not cut out Looker woopin on Galactic Tail!
    Why would they?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

I missed the episode this morning but I heard that they kept all of the Japanese BGM in this episode.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

They're pronouncing Charon as "Karon"? I always thought it was pronounced as "Chairon". I still can't believe Saturn didn't just punch Charon in the face at all during the episode. Ole Pink Head was being a complete jerk (of course, I could think of a few other words to insert their too) in this episode.

Also, I think I like Looker better in the games. Dopey and hilarious is, in my opinion, better than serious and butt-kicking. Too bad he can't be dopey and butt-kicking.

And, on a final note:

Charon: Saturn, are you pondering what I am pondering?
    Saturn: Are you pondering cheese sticks? Narf!
    Last edited by GalladeRocks; 19th December 2009 at 4:28 PM.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

At least I found out why there are different types of Shellos, which brings me to this question: What did the shellos look like before they were separated? Yay for another Team Galactic appearance, not to mention Charon, who is voiced by none other than the current voice actor of Dr. Robotnik. Seeing as Looker is voiced by Jason Griffith, I was expecting some Sonic vs. Robotnik feelings in this episode. Who knew that Looker is that skilled in beating those grunts.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    A decent episode, wish there was more battling though.

Why would they?

how often do you see human on human violence that was not for a comedic effect in the show? I dunno... just that 4kids used to cut out things like misty slapping ash and such.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    how often do you see human on human violence that was not for a comedic effect in the show? I dunno... just that 4kids used to cut out things like misty slapping ash and such.
    Who knew Looker was Bruce Lee?
    Now that i said it IT MUST BE CANON! lol

ah FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. I didn't see it.
    I blame the horrible holiday hours of working, and forcing me to stay late hours. :X And then I blame CN putting Pokemon on so fricken early in the morning. Holy crapperz.

But anyways. I heard they pronounce Charon in some funky way. Doesn't really matter to me, as I always call him Pluto anyways. CAR ON, haha wtf. And that he has Eggman's VA. Is he able to do that creepy chuckle?
    I heard Saturn sounds stoned (we should def chill sometime.)

AND THEY KEPT LOOKER BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF THE GRUNT! <3

Yeah, I think I'll catch this tomorrow when it comes on again.

I agree that the whole scheduling is a little off this time of year.

Anyway, it was still good, probably better than the Japanese version since I actually understood what the characters were saying.

I like Charon's voice, it suits him.

Interesting episode. The Shellos plot was a little boring, but Team Glactic was interesting as always. Pikachu's face looked a little odd at times. I wonder if anyone else noticed.

When Saturn sent out his Toxicroak to use Rock Smash, I was expecting Croagunk to come out and at least look menacing or something, but apparently after that beating he got back at the museum, he's a little hesitant about taking on his evolution.
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

Given that apparently not even astronomers can agree on how Charon is pronounced (on the science channel I've heard "sharon", "kay-rone", "karon", "char-on", and "sherrin"), it only stands to reason that it'd be inconsistant in the episode.

However, "shel-oss" was odd.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

This was a good episode.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

Charon is Mike Pollock, Looker is Jason Griffith. Given that, there was a dissapointing lack of "I HATE THAT HEDGEHOOOOG DETECTIIIIIIVE!"

I jest, of course.

A very nice episode overall, although I'm confused as to the lack of blue Shellos. The pink one's gotten screentime thanks to Zoey, so it just bugged me they couldn't use the blue one and go from west to east, rather than east to west with pinky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Karen
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.
    Take a step and I'm on my way. Gonna start all over again!

This episode was ok. I thought that this was kind of a pointless filler. Just the fact that Team Galactic working so hard, but being at the wrong gateway was what made it lame. The lost pink Shellos was also kind of a way to make this episode exist.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Once again a great episode which I really enjoyed from the beginning to the end!

The only thing that somehow bothered me was the fact that Shellos was so extremely small. Do all the small Pokemon necessarily have to be crybabies?
    But everything else was just breath-taking:
    Set in mountainous terrain and mysterious caves and featuring both Looker and another part of the exciting and excellent Team Galactic plot, this episode could only be a win right from the start and left nothing to be desired.

You may now think that's all, but no! We also witnessed something unprecedented in Pokemon which we wouldn't even have dreamed of: physical violence!!!
    That completely took my by surprise, but not that I didn't like it, on the contrary! This was a further proof of how far the Pokemon Anime has advanced by now!

All in all, a breath-taking, outstanding and action-packed episode which really knocked my socks off!
    It raised my anticipation of the long-awaited Team Galactic finale which I now want to see as DUB as soon as possible!

8 out of 10 points
    Last edited by ash_forever; 19th December 2009 at 11:58 PM.
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

i loved that little shellos!!!! i was hoping someone would catch it... but no. anyway great episode. gotta love that galactic...
    Banner by millarc3005
    I have claimed Mudkip. I heard they liek me.

Just watched this episode. It was pretty good, yet Galactic is always up to something, which is no good. Anyway, good to see that Shellos got re-united.

And Mr. Looker being disguised was pretty neat.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast