Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TikTok13's Timeless Treasures

Default TikTok13's Timeless Treasures

Welcome to TikTok13's Timeless Treasures

So, hey everyone! I'm not a professional artist, but after promising my friend Nerdy McNerdface that I'd find some of my old drawings, I decided that I might give drawing another go.

This is basically going to be a junkyard of (relatively) decent drawings by me, TikTok. Enjoy my friends!

Okely Dokely, here's my first one. I did this drawing today - just a pencil sketch that I'm planning on colouring - of Morro from the Ninjago Series and Sets. Morro is a ghost, and the elemental master of wind. He has a grudge against the protagonists' mentor, Wu. He's a pretty cool antagonist who turns good just before his death (second death?), and after his second resurrection, he warns his old master of the incoming peril. Oh, and, uh, I like to type the characters I draw with the Myers-Briggs Theory. So, yeah, Morro's an ISFP.
    Last edited by TikTok13; 15th July 2017 at 8:38 PM.
    "The Leader Who Seeks the Right Path
    Everyone has a different dream. Search for your life's purpose"

I really like your art style! The proportions for the arms can be tweaked just a little, but I overall really like it! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your stuff in future!

Keep going !
    You already have a nice base, with practice you'll become a good artist

Nice! Some of my friends love ninjago, so I think it's cool that you like it too. I think that the propotions are a wee bit off, like Nerdy said in the arms and I think in the neck, but it's still really good! I really like the face, especially the mask. I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!

You do enough talk, my little hawk, why do you cry?
    thesketchqueen everywhere else on the internet. don't call me a girl, thanks.
    role player profile . tumblr . claims . art . instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdy McNerdface View Post
    I really like your art style! The proportions for the arms can be tweaked just a little, but I overall really like it! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your stuff in future!
    Thanks Nerdy! I was a little unhappy about the arms - this was my first try at folded arms, you see, so it was quite difficult. I'm happy you liked it! I'm gonna post the coloured version in the morning when I have some light!

Quote Originally Posted by Badoine
    with practice you'll become a good artist
    Thank you! I really hope I can be as good as the other people here!

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchie
    Nice! Some of my friends love ninjago, so I think it's cool that you like it too. I think that the propotions are a wee bit off, like Nerdy said in the arms and I think in the neck, but it's still really good! I really like the face, especially the mask. I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!
    No way! It's not every day you find out that other people love ninjago! Proportions are one of the things I struggle with - especially since I'm drawing Lego characters - and the neck was tough, as I was trying to put an angle onto it. I'm glad you like it, and the face was one of my favourite bits to draw!

Those eyes remind me of powered down All Might, I love it!

Just keep practising and you'll get better with time! I can see you have the makings of a great artist!

Proportion seems to be your weak point (I should know, it kinda still is mine) but you can improve on it and the image is pretty cool so yeah, good luck with future drawings!

Admit it, Undyne's Genocide theme "Battle Against a True Hero" is just pure awesomeness! She really is a True Heroine.

Okay, so I coloured that Morro drawing in and edited a fresh minor things. The arms were too much, but I altered the neck slightly. Anyways, I think it turned out pretty well, but I'll let everyone else be the judge.

Looks better coloured, even though his torso is still a bit mis-proportioned.

Still reminds me of All Might though.

Admit it, Undyne's Genocide theme "Battle Against a True Hero" is just pure awesomeness! She really is a True Heroine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia Blaze View Post
    Looks better coloured, even though his torso is still a bit mis-proportioned.

Still reminds me of All Might though.
    Thanks! Yeah, sorry about the torso, I found it a bit tough to do at the angle I was going for.

I thought it would.

I'm actually doing another drawing right now of Cole, and he's turning out REALLY well. Might have it on tonight(Uncoloured version)

So last night I finished drawing Cole, who happens to be my 3rd favourite character. He's a ghost too, or at least this version of him is. Eventually he became a human again, but I really wanted to draw his Day of the Departed form. Tah-Dah! Introducing Cole!

Just saying, I love the facial design on this one! The eyes look really good, the hair is just so fluent and and the nose and mouth work extremely well with the drawing! The body is also pretty cool, but until it gets coloured I can't entirely see what he's supposed to be holding. Also can I just mention that you know how to do hands? That's, like, really impressive to me.

Hi again! So I've just finished colouring my Cole drawing and while it's not as good as I hoped, I still like it. I tried to give a ghostly glow to Cole's body, and I tried to factor in the light, so I tried a bit of shading. Also, the dark brown of his eyes didn't really work out that well. The skin could have been better too, but I couldn't find the right shade. His lantern turned out kind of well, but all of my yellow pencils are pretty Muk. I've also learnt to steer clear of black-heavy drawings. So, without further ado, Cole, the elemental master of earth.

Both are pretty good! You are already improving and I like the style. Maybe you could lightly use a rubber to make the green aura make him seem more ghostly or lightly go over the outlines with the green pencil? Overall pretty good and no, I am not being sarcastic... like you were.

Thanks! That's a great idea! I think I'll use that in future, although I'm not sure who to draw next. I went over the outline of his body with green pen, and a very very light turquoise pencil. And I wasn't being sarcastic, I seriously couldn't tell.

The picture does look really good with full colour! The eyes really stand out as being good, and I seriously like the lamp he's holding. Like Mia, I would say that the glowing effect could be perfected a little using erasers or shading with green in a certain way, but other than that I really like it!

Ooooh, you got it all colored! It looks really good with full color like that, though I will tell you the image is crazy big (I had to open it up in another window to view it, and my laptop is crazy big). Shrinking it down a tad may help it be a bit more easily viewed. I do really like his facial expression, keep up with that good work. *pulls out the pom poms* Keep drawing stuff! Get better! You can do it! Yay!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchie View Post
    Ooooh, you got it all colored! It looks really good with full color like that, though I will tell you the image is crazy big. Shrinking it down a tad may help it be a bit more easily viewed. I do really like his facial expression, keep up with that good work!
    Thanks! I understand that it's a bit big, so I'll try and scale my next pictures down a bit. I'm actually really happy with the face, and I really enjoyed drawing it.

Anyway, last night I finished drawing Master Chen, a psychopathic cult leader who is obsessed with recreating the Anacondrai, a powerful race of Serpentine warriors. To achieve this, he kidnaps the thought - to - be - deceased Zane and invites all the elemental masters to the Tournament of Elements. But when a master loses a round, their powers are stolen by Chen, and they are sent to his factory. Without further ado, Master Chen!

This one's really neat! The facial proportions are a little off, but the details in the rest of the drawing are really, well, detailed! Good job on this one! Just asking- are you gonna colour this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdy McNerdface View Post
    This one's really neat! The facial proportions are a little off, but the details in the rest of the drawing are really, well, detailed! Good job on this one! Just asking- are you gonna colour this one?
    Cheers! I'm planning on editing his face a tad, cause I can see that the nose and the eyes aren't that great. Yeah, I'm planning on colouring too, but I'm not sure how to do the skin, because I don't have any peach/skin-coloured pencils.

I'm not exactly quite sure what's happening with his... hat? headdress? scarf with a hood? ornate hoodie??? LiSTen I don't know what to call it but it looks AWESOME. Love the snakey head. I think his face is a tad bit squished, so it might explain why the facial proportions are wonky, but that comes in time. Your hand is lookin' real good!

A typography note, it's hard to tell that's supposed to read "Only one can remain." I kept reading "Only one remain can." As a suggestion, perhaps make the "one" and "can" smaller so they both fit between "Only" and "remain."

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchie View Post
    I'm not exactly quite sure what's happening with his... hat? headdress? scarf with a hood? ornate hoodie??? LiSTen I don't know what to call it but it looks AWESOME. Love the snakey head. I think his face is a tad bit squished, so it might explain why the facial proportions are wonky, but that comes in time. Your hand is lookin' real good!

A typography note, it's hard to tell that's supposed to read "Only one can remain." I kept reading "Only one remain can." As a suggestion, perhaps make the "one" and "can" smaller so they both fit between "Only" and "remain."
    It is actually the skull of a giant snake with the carcass of a smaller snake inserted within it. Did I mention that Chen was a bit crazy? Yeah? Oh, okay. I'm glad that you like it.

Thanks! I spent a very long time on that hand.

I see... I would have changed it, but I had already coloured that part before I saw your comment.

Anywhoo, I finished Chen!

The crest of the staff went a bit wrong, so I made the red waves to go over it, and I smudged his snake a bit.

I think the paint around his eyes went alright, and after a desperate search in my pencil-chest for a skin(ish) colour, I found one, which kinda works for Chen, cause it's kind of tanned.

On the other hand, I'm torn between two characters for my next drawing. Zane and his Falcon from Season 3 of Ninjago, or Cheren, from Pokémon. We'll see, I guess.

TikTok out!

Ooh, this looks nice! The skin tone is rather hard to see, but that may be because of the lighting, I'm not sure. I actually really like the way the headdress looks!

(Side Note: I got a trailer for the Lego Ninjago Movie and it actually looks kinda sweet so I'm considering watching it maybe.)

I'd recommend doing Cheren next, personally.

Thanks! Yeah, the lighting wasn't so good; my lamp was busted. I'm happy to see that people like the headdress/skull. Definitely one of Chen's defining pieces.

OMG OMG OMG! You have to watch it! It's not much like the series (which I do recommend completely) and I'm horrified with what they've done to Zane, but I really like Lloyd and Jay's new designs and I'm happy to see that Jackie Chan has lent his talents to the film.

Yeah, I think I probably will. I've got big ideas - the hard part is implementing them.

Whew boy... After much difficulty, I have finished Cheren!
        Spoiler:- Large Drawing :

The face took so much rubbing that I disintegrated my rubber. In the end, I decided that a shadowed face would be pretty cool.

Now, the words in the background were something I really wanted to try after being inspired by Sketchie's work (recommend checking it out!). It's a mix of loads of lyrics from songs I like, and I think most of them either resonate with Cheren or me, or at least the spin I put on Cheren. Also, I don't think that I'm going to colour this; I like it how it is.

For those that cannot read the words, and those who want to know what song they're from:

Thousand Foot Krutch - Be Somebody
    Boy Inside the Man.
    We all want to be somebody. X2
    You made my window a door.
    We're all see-through just like glass.
    Just the words.
    Strange type.

How You Remind Me - Nickelback
    Never made it as a wise man.
    Who I really am.
    Bottom of the bottle.

We Are Bound - Jack Savoretti
    Game of truth or dare.
    Plan the great escape.
    Not the enemy.

Sleeping At The Wheel - Matchbox Twenty
    I could be anything.

Help Me Through This - Matchbox Twenty
    I don't really want to be myself today.

Close The Circle - The Fold
    Never getting out.
    Tired of going alone.

Stop Rewind - NateWantsToBattle
    When did I become my own enemy.

yEAH BOY, LYRICS AS A BACKGROUND IS A THING I LIVE FOR. I--

Quote Originally Posted by TikTok13 View Post
    Now, the words in the background were something I really wanted to try after being inspired by Sketchie's work (recommend checking it out!).
    ... This is the kindest thing anyone can ever say to me and I have no words to describe the emotion I felt after reading those words, thank you.....

Onto an actual critique. My personal feelings about using words in a background aside, I really do love the way they're all arranged. It adds to a feeling of inner chaos, the way they're still neat and legible but not uniform, in orientation or lettering style. I'm a little envious, you have a really good foundation for drawing hands. Please, for the sake of us all, please keep practicing them. Get even better at them.

Our boy Cheren here does look a little squished. Usually, male shoulders are about two-and-a-half to three heads wide, female shoulders about one-and-a-half to two. Widening him out might make it look a little less squishy. (Obviously these proportions can be tweaked, they're not set in stone, but they are a pretty good guideline.) His hair is kind of messy, not stylistically but technically. I suggest using less pressure on hair, it'll look cleaner and won't smudge nearly as much.

It does look really good though, I really like the emotion coming from it. (And thank you, I'm happy I could have inspired you.) Keep up all the good work!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast