Thread: American--Pi's Art Thread (OCs, Fakemon, and more)

Default American--Pi's Art Thread (OCs, Fakemon, and more) - Large Images ahead

American--Pi's Art Thread
    OCs, Fakemon, and more

Hi everyone! Pi here. I'm just a nineteen-year-old girl from the USA who likes a lot of things and likes to dabble in creative pursuits. I'm an amateur artist and I know I'm not that great, but I enjoy drawing nevertheless and I'm always hoping to improve my skills. Therefore, feedback is definitely encouraged here. This is the thread where I post all my kind of good art... there isn't much to explain, really. ^_^;

This thread is for showcasing the traditional, hand-drawn art I've done that I'm at least somewhat proud of. I've never been good at digital art, so all of my art here is traditional.

I also make sprites and graphics. My art shop is here.

For the record, all my art, including my doodles, sprites, and graphics, are posted on my Tumblr:
    http://american--pi.tumblr.com/tagged/my-art

I also have two very old deviantART accounts that have some very old art on them, but I'd rather not link them here. If you really want to see the accounts, you can go to my Tumblr and click on the "Usernames" link.

List of Art Stuff

"Shifting Game" OCs

Spoiler:- Overall reflection:

Spoiler:- reflection:

Last edited by American--Pi; 23rd March 2016 at 5:46 AM. Reason: It's my art thread, so I think I can edit my posts. :)

Fakemons

All the Fakemons posted here so far are part of the "Legendary Type Guardians" project I'm doing with my eleven-year-old sister. We decided to create eighteen legendary Fakemons, one for each type. Half of them are male, and half of them are female. Half of them have one type, and half of them are dual-type. Half of them were designed by my sister, and half of them were designed by me, but I finalized every design and created the Fakemons' data.

We plan on writing stories based on these Legendary Type Guardians sometime in the future.

The Fakemons are in the official order of types.

Spoiler:- Flamebunny:

Spoiler:- Mermressa:

Spoiler:- Elecburo:

Spoiler:- Foresterra:

Spoiler:- Frostgallop:

Spoiler:- Toxiflyte:

Spoiler:- Spikalope:

Spoiler:- Peacloud:

Spoiler:- Pixiehop:
    Last edited by American--Pi; 25th February 2016 at 12:50 AM.

Birds

I'm a HUGE bird nerd. I love all animals, but birds have always had a special place in my heart. Recently I decided to draw birds for my friends - each friend got a bird that I thought matched them the most.

Last edited by American--Pi; 25th February 2016 at 12:51 AM.

Other art

This post is for random other stuff that doesn't fit into any of the other categories. Artwork is ordered from most to least recent.

Last edited by American--Pi; 25th February 2016 at 12:44 AM.

You got some good drawings here. I like how the Shifting Game characters look, and those are some cool fakemon, especially Flamebunny.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 6 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade. Vote Missingno. for new SSB4 fighter!

Fizzy Bubbles info

Thank you! I actually thought Flamebunny was the worst out of all the Fakemons, haha. I guess it's mostly because even though I tried to make her black bits of the white paper keep showing through. Also I keep thinking Flamebunny isn't as competitively viable as the other Legendary Type Guardians, but since when was competitive viability a defining factor of legendary Pokemon lol (Poor Articuno ).

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Thank you! I actually thought Flamebunny was the worst out of all the Fakemons, haha. I guess it's mostly because even though I tried to make her black bits of the white paper keep showing through. Also I keep thinking Flamebunny isn't as competitively viable as the other Legendary Type Guardians, but since when was competitive viability a defining factor of legendary Pokemon lol (Poor Articuno ).
    Yeah, I see what you mean, though I still like the design. And when it comes to whether I like a Pokémon or not, competitive viability means nothing to me. Believe me- some of my favorites include Arbok, Dragalge, Dunsparce, Qwilfish, and Victreebel. And I still use them in battle, too, even if I don't win everything with them.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 6 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade. Vote Missingno. for new SSB4 fighter!

Fizzy Bubbles info

A Draculaura that started off as a notebook doodle during English class. xD I know I messed up her outfit but w/e because I didn’t have a reference pic when I doodled her XP (btw, she's from Monster High)

Ever After High and Monster High

I really like Ever After High and Monster High (EAH more than MH because of the richer storyline), sister doll franchises created by Mattel, mostly because I just love pretty stuff, lol.

Artwork is ordered from most to least recent.

Spoiler:- Inside Out X Ever After High:

Spoiler:- Inaccurate MH ghouls:
    Last edited by American--Pi; 25th February 2016 at 1:04 AM.

I loved the mermaid-themed fakemon. You also pose your characters very well. I always struggle with poses.
    Feel free to talk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    I loved the mermaid-themed fakemon. You also pose your characters very well. I always struggle with poses.
    Thank you! Mermressa was my sister's idea, actually. We're collaborating on these Fakemon. Poses are easier to draw once you imagine your character as one of those wooden artist human model things.

I haven't updated this for a while mostly because I was struggling with an English class. Now that the class is over I hope I'll have more time to post things.

Have an inaccurate but still cute Lagoona Blue who, like Draculaura, started out as an English notebook doodle. I tried a slightly different art style with this one and I think it looks nice and unique.

Jade Harley (from Homestuck) looks so cute in Disgust’s dress (from Inside Out) tho

Raven Queen as Sadness: Because she’s always had that “dark goth” vibe about her, and is definitely more subdued than many other characters. Also, she doesn’t like her destiny.

I think I’m gonna doodle all of the MH original ghouls inaccurately lol. Here's Frankie Stein.

And here’s inaccurate Clawdeen Wolf.

Here’s Inaccurate Ghoulia!

Madeline Hatter as Anger: Because she’s the daughter of the Mad Hatter.
    Last edited by American--Pi; 26th July 2015 at 4:03 AM.

Some more art for y'all.

An inaccurate Cleo de Nile from Monster High. Now that Cleo’s done I finished doodling all the MH Original Ghouls inaccurately Next up I’m going to inaccurately doodle the original four EAH girls xD

Apple White as Fear: Because she was genuinely scared of not being able to have her Happily Ever After when Raven refused to sign the Storybook of Legends.

Spoiler:- Spikalope:

Spoiler:- Toxiflyte:

Blondie Lockes as Disgust: Because to her many things are too hot, too cold, too hard, or too soft.

Last edited by American--Pi; 25th February 2016 at 12:45 AM.