Thread: 50 Frantic Ways [Franticshipping]

Default 50 Frantic Ways [Franticshipping]

A/N:

Hey guys! I don’t know how late I am to be catching onto this prompt craze, but it seems really interesting. I decided to choose Franticshipping as a basis for these 1sentence prompts, and will be looking forward to write a fanfic for each prompt. This is the pairing of RubyXSapphire from Pokemon Special, if you aren’t sure what I’m talking about :3 Also, this fanfic can be found on FF.net under the same username.

The challenge is that I will be writing from any POV except Ruby or Sapphire’s (:

Here’s the prompt list :
    - Feel free to request a prompt for me to write/Request a POV for me to write from. Though I can’t guarantee that I’ll see to your request, I’ll do my best. (FYI, I’m focusing on writing from a Pokemon POV. So you’ll probably have the choice of seeing Chaka’s/Zuzu’s POV etc)
    - In bold are the prompts that I’ve written, and in italics are the prompts on the waiting list :3

Spoiler:- 50 Prompts:

And the PM list :
    ~NaThziVOIR~
    alteredegoX
    Waterpokes
    SilverGlaceon
    Lexiebee88

And the first prompt I’ll be posting up!

She taught him the wonders of nature, at first to his disdain, and then gradually to his wonder.
    Rating : K+

NN : Sensual

“Hurry, hurry!” He coaxed me with that gentle voice of his, and I could only obediently follow my master’s instructions, leaping with agility from one large, stony step to the next. We clambered up the sloping cliff together, with him in front while I brought up the rear cautiously. The thin, comfy fabric of the golden vest Master had sown for me was tugging against my fur as I maneuvered myself upwards, keeping my eyes intent on his safety.

Master was a kind and wonderful person; he had earned my loyalty a long time ago, from the time since I was a newly born pup. He was the only one who knew just how to brush my fur perfectly and where the spot was one should scratch behind my ears. What I respected about him the most was his immense ability in battling as well as coordinating, his drive to pursue excellence in both fields drew me in without question.

What Master loved the most was seeing me in his newly stitched creations, a duty that I never disliked nor avoided. The threads were sometimes too tight, and the material, mostly, itchy. But... I didn’t really mind it at all, seeing the large, bright smile plastered on his face (as well as the obligatory ‘Beautiful!’)was incentive enough for me.

Upon seeing Master’s black pant legs crawl over the edge (finally), I swiftly brought all my energy into my sturdy legs and leapt up onto the top of the small plateau. I scanned the surroundings even though it was not the first time I had been here. The forest was, as usual, overgrown and eerie, with large leaves and humongous tree trunks that seemed to stretch endlessly into the clouds. The entrance to the secret base was located right there in front of us, but judging by the quietude of the environment, the occupant was probably away.

“Oh, Nana! Is your vest alright?” My trainer quickly cooed in concern as he knelt down beside me. He began to fawn over the new article of clothing he had made just for me, hands brushing lightly against the cloth. I nodded my head curtly as he dusted my pelt and deftly adjusted the silver laces located on the front of the vest. I smiled softly, relishing in the moments where Master would care for me with his delicate fingers.

“SAPPHIRE!” He turned away from me and raised his red-gloved hands to cup his mouth to call out her name once he was satisfied with my appearance. I couldn’t help but frown slightly at the action as I sat on my haunches; it wasn’t that I disliked the cave girl. Honestly, I just found her intrusive and rude. She talked loudly and rarely cared about the state of her face or clothes. I couldn’t understand how Master could be attracted to such a weird and uncleanly female.

“SAPPHIRE!” Master repeated once more when he didn’t receive a reply, his voice resounding through the thick jungle. I sat by the sidelines, my tail swishing as I watched on, wondering if the girl had gone out to do more field studies again.

Then, without warning, I caught her distinct scent wafting in the air. It smelled of an odd combination of mud, sweat and berries that seemed to stink up the moist atmosphere of the jungle. I felt a tad bit disgusted. Thankfully, my trainer’s snout was not as sensitive as mine.

“Whaddya’ want!” The cave girl finally answered in an irritated tone as she suddenly poked her head out from the overhanging branch above us, giving Master a rather large scare. As he gripped a hand onto his crimson red shirt, she locked her knees around the branch and swung the upper part of her leafy body downwards, allowing her head to lull backwards and appear upside-down in front of my trainer. That goofy smile had etched itself onto her face again as she realized that she had shocked Master. I couldn’t help but shake my head in disapproval. Didn’t she feel any whit of remorse?

That strange female, she wasn’t even wearing the proper clothes he had crafted for her. Instead she was clad in that hideous and fattening grassy outfit of hers. I could remember it distinctly despite all these years. After all she had been wearing something akin to that when she saved Master’s life (and mine, unfortunately).

(It’s not that I’m being ungrateful about her deed, it’s just that… I can’t believe I was rescued by a barbarian like her. It’s really degrading)

“Gah-!! What are you wearing?!” Master demanded to know in an offended voice, as Sapphire unhitched herself from the tree branch and landed onto her bare feet next to him with a soft ‘thud’.

“I wear whatever I wanna’ wear!” The girl announced as she stubbornly crossed her arms.

“But… It looks ugly.” My trainer admitted rather bluntly with a heavy and disappointed sigh, sending an enraged expression painting across the girl’s face.

“I was doing field studies!” The cave girl roared (rather loudly) as she tore off her floral coat with a mighty pull, and whilst I leaned my head forward curiously, Master covered his eyes with embarrassment.

Luckily for him, she was clad in the blue uniform he had altered for her three years ago. The only possible difference was that her deep-blue bandana had been tied around her pale thigh, while the zipper in her collar was slightly lowered. It rested on the base of her neck, revealing the smallest amount of cleavage I ever thought possible (where did that cave girl get that from anyway?). I narrowed my eyes suspiciously as Master’s eyes lingered inconspicuously over her curves, particularly on that chest of hers that had developed since she was eleven.

Obviously, she wouldn’t be Sapphire if she actually understood what my trainer was doing.

Instead, she raised an eyebrow in confusion and examined her body self-consciously, her anger from Master’s innocent comment seeming to subside as she did so.

“Ah!”The barbarian sounded out after a moment; slamming a balled fist into the palm of her other hand as she ‘realized’ what was out of place. The weird female proceeded to undo the blue knot that she had tied around the upper half of her shapely leg and began to tie the bandana around her head expertly. Then, the girl zipped up her collar and rested her gloveless hands on her hips.

“There, happy now?” Sapphire inquired, her eyebrow still cocked, completely oblivious to everything.

“N-No! I was merely surprised that you were wearing that.” Master stumbled slightly before regaining his full composure with a smug grin, the blush on his cheeks gradually fading away.

“What?! Of course I’d wear it all the time,” Sapphire retorted sharply, before biting her lower lip hesitantly.

“… Ya’ made it for me, didn’t ya’?” She finally said with much difficulty, causing the two of them to descend into awkward silence.

I rolled my eyes with an inward sigh (humans) and barked as politely as I could from the sidelines.

Master snapped out of the semi-hypnotic and speechless state he was in and looked over to me with squinted eyes. He blinked his eyes in realization as he finally recalled why the two of us were here in the first place.

“Well, anyway, you’ve got to see Nana!” My trainer snapped his fingers at Sapphire and thrusted his arms sideways in my direction with enthusiasm. I swiftly leapt onto my feet and posed in proud stance. I raised my head and tilted it coyly to the side, as Master had trained me to, showing off the marvelous clothing he had made with as much brilliance as I could muster

“Doesn’t she look beautiful!” I reveled in the attention Master was giving me as he clasped his hands together and smiled.

Sapphire snorted and the two of us glared at her, frankly and utterly insulted.

“WHAT WAS THAT FOR!” Master bellowed as I growled by his side, unpleased by her reaction.

“That ain’t beautiful.” Sapphire answered simply, seemingly unaffected by our frustration.

“Oh, well than Miss Know-It-All, show me what is!” Master remarked smartly and I barked in agreement, knowing full well that the cave girl wouldn’t know what ‘true beauty’ was even if it tap-danced and slapped her right in the face.

“Follow me!” The female grabbed onto Master’s wrist, determined to prove us wrong, and began dragging him away from the secret base. I followed behind the two of them dutifully, watching on with slight amusement as my trainer began to wail about the dirt and mud present in the forest. Even though I’d hate to admit it, I was a tad bit interested to find out what the weird female deemed to be pretty.

“You’re such a sissy!” The girl spoke as the three of us descended the tiny plateau and landed onto the undergrowth of the jungle. As I began to trail after her into the evergreen, Master called out to me, sounding astonished.

“Nana! You actually want to go with her?!” He questioned me, clearly hurt and betrayed.

I ambled up to him and barked playfully, knowing that Master couldn’t say no to me when I stared at him with my persistent eyes. He began walking after the impatient Sapphire after I nudged him for a few steps, and I yipped happily in response. Master grinned at me and stroked my head at my favorite spot as we followed the cave girl into the wild unknown woodlands.

After a few minutes of trekking through the overgrown grasses and past oddly-shaded mushrooms and gigantic pillars of brown, Master began to grow restless.

“How long do we have to walk through this? Nana’s coat will start to get dirty.” He asked in a pained tone, his hands gripping to onto opposite arms as he attempted to distance himself as far from the greenery as possible. I kept close to his side, trying to be as encouraging as I could.

“Quit ya’ complaining, we’re almost there.” Sapphire told him with frustration.

“Are you sure it’s really that beautiful?” Master inquired, as doubtful as me.

“Of course!” the girl guaranteed with conviction. I saw a small grin etch itself onto her face as she noticed a wall of thick leaves to the left of our path. A veil of emerald vines fell from the trees like a curtain, shielding the hidden entrance. The female grabbed Master’s hand and pulled him towards the thicket, causing him to react with alarm.

“Eww! Through those?” He suddenly seemed taken aback as she dragged him towards the slimy plants

“N-No way! Let go of me!” He struggled to shake himself free from her grip, but the cave girl was inhumanely strong compared to him.

“SAPPHIRE!” In one last fruitless attempt he called out her name in a plea, but the strong-willed barbarian was resolute as she hauled Master through the shrubs and leaves.

“GAHH-“ The loud wail of disgust was cut short as the two of them got to the other side. Puzzled, I perked my ears, only to hear the sound of rushing water, previously hidden beneath Master’s constant complaints. I sped after them through the masses of green and poked my head through the leaves, my mouth hung open as I witnessed the sight before me.

A gigantic, majestic stream of water poured down from the tallest cliff I had ever seen in my life. The sparkling liquid frothed as it met with the clear and sizable lagoon in large ripples. I stepped forward, almost afraid that I would break the intense captivating environment if I happened to step on a twig or kick a pebble out of place. It truly was beautiful. Was this what they called… a waterfall?

I carefully settled myself onto my stomach to rest and bask in the extraordinary glow of the serene lagoon. From the corner of my eye, I saw Master and the cave girl standing closely together, still gripping tightly onto each other’s hands.

The awestruck smile on his face shone brighter than any outfit I had ever worn. And I saw his lips move as he whispered to himself.

“Beautiful.”
    Last edited by Ibuberu; 17th September 2009 at 9:23 AM.

what can I say?

Wow, you have decent descriptions and expressions. I can clearly picture the actions meaning with the sentences.
    Sapphire was hot, wasn't her?
    And Ruby was such a sissy, wasn't he? XD

But what is a prompt? Sorry before, but I really don't know. Add me to the PM list, btw ;]

Rafe from Destiny Deoxys is my hot bishie, YOOHOO!

Well I love the idea behind this, it's unique and I find quite interesting to have put the first part through one of Ruby's Pokémon's perspectives. I'd love to see where this goes from here so I'd love to be added to the PM list.
    Through the Generations
    my multiple pairings Shipping-fic.
    Currently On Hiatus and will be coming back to at some point: Gen 1, Chapter 5

Wow. That was so descriptive and well-written! I love the way Nana portrayed Sapphire and Ruby. That was very good. Please add me to the PM list!
    The place is full of sorrow; There is no joy, no song. There is a valley without a flower, Feeling the wind go by. There's a riverbed without water, Forever and ever dry. Everything seems so dreary; it feels just too airy, But on a hill, there's a small wildflower that never cries. Because hope is what it lives on.

@ ~NaThziVOIR~
    Thanks for the review, a prompt is a fic you write by using one word as the subject, in this case, the word is 'comfort' :3 (Ruby can be a little girly, but he's still awesome in his own way XD)

@alteredegoX
    Thank you! Majority of the fics will be from a Pokemon perspective, actually :3

@Waterpokes
    Thanks! :3 yes, I can totally picture the proud Nana calling one Master and the other barbarian pretty well XD;

@SilverGlaceon
    Many thanks for your comment! ^^; I try my best to make the Pokemon seem in character.

Anyway, here comes the next prompt! Please enjoy!

Sapphire knew only to shake at Ruby violently as a form of comfort, wondering if she shook hard enough, the sadness would be expelled. Then she smiled at him, and that was more than enough for the young boy

PP:Comfort

Mother was busy cleaning up the mahogany dining table after that night’s dinner with her trusty white cloth, humming a tune through the bright grin on her face. Zuzu, Ruru and Mimi helped with the dishes in the sink, the latter washing the cutlery and porcelain while the other two wiped them clean. As clumsy as that Swampert could sometimes be, his effort always touched Mother’s heart, even when he broke a couple of dishes.

I shifted my gaze over to the tiled floor that had just been wiped spotless and couldn’t help but sigh softly to myself. Coco and Nana, after being in the family for so long, knew just how to make themselves useful despite their lack of proper hands. The two close companions now admired their handiwork from a corner of the kitchen, paws still holding down their brown, frilly rags. Though the entire scene was heartwarming, I couldn’t help but feel slightly downcast.

Was rain approaching Littleroot?

No... I didn’t think so.

I soon realized I wasn’t of much help at all.

As Mother wiped her hands on the flowery pink apron she was wearing, she thanked my five comrades with another wide smile. They growled, meowed and cooed in response, while I decided that it was best if I departed the cheery scene where I played no main, or even supporting, role.

I floated out the door and up the banister of the wooden staircase towards Ruby’s room, wondering if I could lend any assistance there. It was heartbreaking, you see, as I knew deep down that I was the weakest out of my trainer’s team of Pokemon without being told. Mimi had grown so elegantly experienced and beautiful, while Zuzu had evolved into a strong, determined creature. Nana , Coco and Ruru could go unmentioned, as they had been by Ruby’s side since he was a toddler.

What about me? Couldn’t I help my trainer in some way too?

I approached the green door that had been left ajar; the fluorescent light of the room was spilling out through the crack as I heard bantering voices. I raised my eyes off the floor and cautiously ventured closer towards the entrance to Ruby’s room, wondering what had happened.

“You promised you’d go!” I heard my trainer’s upsetting voice.

“… I’m sorry but I’ve got duties to take care of.” Father answered in his usual calm and collected tone, with a hint of remorse beneath his words.

I levitated outside the room, too frightened to enter. My entire body, though small in size, shivered quite considerably as icy fear pooled in my stomach.

“Dad! This means a lot to me!” Ruby sounded like he was arguing with Father, his tone raised and almost pleading.

“I can’t neglect the trainers at the gym, Ruby,” Father reasoned, maintaining his cool reserve.

“Fine!” My trainer burst out uncontrollably; he was clearly hurt. He stormed towards the door, much to my alarm. I panicked and backed away, not knowing what to do, my entire body paralyzed with uncertainty. The boy exited the room and glanced at me, instantly realizing my presence during the conversation. When I saw the disappointment and anguish on his shattered face, I was drawn towards him at that very second. Worry overcame fear.

I squeaked, and tried to close the distance between us, wanting so much for him to calm down.

“Popo… This isn’t a good time to play.” Ruby managed a weak, insincere smile and waved a hand at me.

“Just-just leave me alone,” My trainer softly ordered before I could make a sound, his voice beaten. My heart cracked and shattered at his sadness. I could only watch on, hopelessly, as the boy ran down the stairs in his red-black apparel and hat. He didn’t even bother to put on his Running Shoes as he bolted out the door barefoot. In the kitchen, his actions went unnoticed as the rest were making too much noise cleaning up with Mother.

And I remained there, above the staircase, looking forlornly at the open door.

What could I do now? What could I do to help?

I turned round and met abruptly with Father’s regretful face. His gaze was lowered as a frown crossed his sharp features. I called out to him in a soft voice, wondering if he had any intention of going after the boy.

“Don’t look at me like that, Popo.” Father brushed a callous hand through his raven black hair.

I squeaked again, trying to convey my emotions.

“Ruby’s still a child, after all these years.” The man told me, straightening the creases out of his crimson jacket as he began to descend the staircase. I followed him down and stayed by his side, refusing to abandon my gaze.

“I’ve a duty as a Gym Leader.”

‘But you have a duty as a father too!’ I wished to tell him, but knew that he would never be able to understand me as easily as Ruby could.

Father looked into my eyes. He sighed, and then paused for a moment, almost as if he was contemplating something.

“... Maybe you can get Birch’s daughter to go in my place,” he eventually decided to suggest, reaching into the pocket of his blue pants to pull out a ticket. I rejoiced, remembering how Ruby and I shared a same fondness for that Sapphire girl.

“- Here.” He held it out to me and I enthusiastically clutched onto the thin strip of paper with my mouth. I could have sworn I saw the ghost of a smile flicker on his face in that moment.

With that, I eagerly flew out the door and into the direction of that girl’s house, accustomed far too well with the route that Ruby would always take. I knew that I couldn’t waste time telling the others; who knew where Ruby could have already gone off to in the time that had already been wasted? Down the streets of the tiny suburban town, I sped as fast as I could, past the many simple houses with their white picket fences and through the yellow lights of the street lamps that shone through the evening.

I saw the lab approaching in the near distance, and celebrated within my heart once more as I noticed someone familiar pacing outside the door of the large building. Things were beginning to look up.

Sapphire noticed me quickly and bounded up to me in her usual blue attire and bandana as I came to a stop, her eyes scanning the surroundings. She must be looking for Ruby. Once she realized that the boy was not with me, a worried grimace painted itself onto her fine features.

“Hey lil’ fella’, why aren’t ya’ with Ruby?” The girl shot me a questionable look as I nudged her hand franticly. She saw the ticket in my mouth and carefully took it away from me. As she scrutinized the paper, her eyebrows knitted together and a grim frown crossed her face. She seemed even more confused than before as she began mumbling to herself under her breath.

“G-Grand.. Con-?..” She seemed to have trouble deciphering the words printed on the ticket. The girl then sighed and tossed me a weak smile.

“Um… I can’t.. read..” Sapphire finally admitted with an apologetic look.

I almost died.

“Does this have to do with him?” The girl gradually began to understand, and proceeded to ask me, her voice thick with genuine concern.

“He told me he was going out of town with Norman tomorrow. D-Did something go wrong?” Sapphire seemed stricken as I regained my bearings and nodded in response.

Thinking on my feet, I tried to guess where Ruby could possibly be. He couldn’t have gone far barefoot. He hates getting dirty, but his pride wouldn’t allow him to go back home without concrete persuasion or, perhaps, an apology from Norman.

I chuckled in spite of myself.

Wait, I shouldn’t be cracking jokes! I should be thinking where Ruby could possibly go to find comfort…

Ah!

Something clicked in my head.

“I heard something weird outside just now…” Sapphire commented just as realization smacked me right in the face. So that was why Sapphire was outside the lab.

I scrunched my eyes shut and focused with all my power, praying for the Sun to shine. I felt my frame slowly morphing in a blinding light that shot from the sky as clouds began to part. The girl stepped a few paces back, her eyebrows raised. As the glow died down, I tilted my gaze upwards to see a beam of bright light shining down upon my shifted form.

I knew this was the only way we could see him clearly in the black of night.

As I rounded the building, Sapphire stayed with me, following without knowing why. Her intuition was strong, I soon discovered, as she lowered herself onto all fours and crouched close to the grass. She had noticed that there was another person here as well. The girl sniffed the air and realization dawned on her face as I approached the huddled figure. She must have recognized his scent.

“Popo... I thought I told you to leave me alone.” He croaked, though I could tell that he tried to hide a faint smile as I floated forth and into the arms of my trainer. I eyed his feet, bruised and muddied from running all the way down here.

“W-What’re ya’ doing here!” Sapphire shouted dangerously, her eyes betraying the anger she tried to impose on us. I could tell that she was relieved that Ruby was unharmed.

My trainer released me from his hands and hugged his knees to his chest. I glanced between the two of them, seeing my trainer’s stoic face as he stared broodingly at the ground. However, those deep blue eyes continued to probe him closely, and I felt the silence straining.

“… Nothing.” Ruby finally replied, grinning ruefully.

“Ya’ better tell me the truth!” Sapphire leapt at him with deft agility and grabbed him by the collar of his black shirt. She raised the boy up with those strong arms of hers as he began to struggle against her grip. The three of us knew that this was practically useless of course; this wasn’t the first time she had manhandled my trainer.

“Let go! You’re dirtying my clothes!”

“Tell me why you’re so sad then!”

“D-Damn! Its nothing big!” Ruby swore against his better judgment.

“You tell me now or I’ll throw you into the bushes!” Sapphire threatened in a very believable tone.

“… Dad’s not going with me to the Lilycove Grand Contest. He promised he’d go.” Ruby sighed in defeat and decided to stop flailing his limbs about. Sapphire set him down on his feet once the interrogation was complete, her eyes widening as she noticed that he wasn’t wearing any shoes. Concern flashed over her face, and then disappeared as quickly as it came.

“Then why’re you here?” she cautiously ventured.

“… I wanted to find some place quiet to think.” Ruby mumbled nervously.

I smirked knowingly from the sidelines. I could definitely vouch that the truth was that he had wanted to go to Sapphire for solace. There was no one else in the town he could go to except for her.

“Outside my house?” Though Sapphire wasn’t the brightest crayon in the box, she certainly had good instincts. That was what I liked about her. That was the part of her that saved my life all those years ago.

“Whatever, a barbarian shouldn’t be able to understand this.” My trainer suddenly decided to switch his approach on her, from meek to stubborn in seconds flat.

“Tell me the truth.” Sapphire kept her voice controlled, much to everyone’s surprise and shock. I saw Ruby begin to falter as he opened his mouth, but he hesitated at the last moment and clamped it shut again.

“Why would you even ask Norman to go? You know he’s busy.” The girl rolled her eyes at him, an air of arrogance enshrouding her.

“Because I knew you wouldn’t go with me. Much less to a contest.” He answered curtly, his initial hesitation dissipating at her words.

Sapphire was caught off guard as her mouth hung agape. The boy took this chance to brush past her quickly, gesturing towards me to follow him as he walked away from Sapphire, his face reddening. Though it was true that Sapphire had denied Ruby every time he asked her to attend a contest, I couldn’t help but feel that this time, things should have turned out differently. After all, Ruby was participating in this one. I trailed after my trainer, turning back to look at the girl who was now staring intently at us. She seemed to be waging a war within herself, judging from the unhappy expression on her face.

I gave her a pleading look, the same one I had given Father. The girl saw me, and a part of her seemed to crumble away to reveal her final decision as she cupped her hands around her mouth.

“You’re such a sissy!” She suddenly shouted out with frustration, causing Ruby to look over his shoulder.

“I’ll go!” She yelled out as her cheeks flared, waving the ticket in one hand.

My trainer halted in his tracks and turned to face her, his eyes beginning to crinkle with happiness for the first time that night.

“Are you just trying to prove me wrong?” He finally said.

“Maybe.” Sapphire giggled in a sweet way, showing off that feminine side to her that was always buried too deep. I glimpsed my trainer blushing and smiled contently to myself, deciding to change back into my normal form. Sunny Day was a draining skill to use.

“Y’just had to ask me... Idiot.”Her voice softened as she folded her hands over her chest. She turned away with embarrassment for a moment, before returning her gaze to meet Ruby’s. I caught sight of a warm smile upon her face before all the light faded back into the grey clouds of the night.

Then I felt all the sadness hanging down on him and myself lifting as we rushed back to Sapphire. My trainer’s cheeks were glowing as his face transformed with joy. And I couldn’t help but feel proud.

I was helpful after all.

what can I say?

O-oh...
    Sweet-ness!

You can clearly picture the action! It was really great!

Thanks for explaining about the prompt, btw
    Nice job, ibuberu!
    I hope to read more from you!

Great job! That was totally sweet and cool. You're really good at describing and I can clearly see everything thats happening. Awesome job, and keep on writing!
    The place is full of sorrow; There is no joy, no song. There is a valley without a flower, Feeling the wind go by. There's a riverbed without water, Forever and ever dry. Everything seems so dreary; it feels just too airy, But on a hill, there's a small wildflower that never cries. Because hope is what it lives on.

@~NaThziVOIR~
    You're very welcome, thanks for taking time out to read the fic (:

@SilverGlaceon
    Haha, I will! Thanks (:

@Waterpokes
    Exactly! That was what I was thinking about as I started planning these 50 prompts. Seeing how Franticshipping is interpreted from someone else's perspective can be awesome :3 Thanks for the comment.

Another week, another prompt. Enjoy~

#07 – Chocolate

Sapphire held out the poorly wrapped box to Ruby, softly muttering that it probably wouldn’t taste good, but the boy instantly knew that it would be the sweetest thing that would ever touch his lips.

PM : Chocolate

We laughed at the scene taking place before us.

We couldn’t help it! Really, it wasn’t intentional at all!

Her antics were just too laughter-inducing.

However, as the wooden spoon clattered loudly on the pale kitchen table and she set the bowl full of hazardous brown goop near the sink, our giggles faded away. We watched on curiously as an upset frown crossed her dirty face.

We grew worried; Sapphy was hardly ever troubled. We wondered what had happened.

Had we gone overboard?

We eyed each other expectantly, before coming to the conclusion that it probably wasn’t our fault. (Not this time at least.)

As quickly as we could, we ambled towards her as she undid the knot of the white, chocolate-covered apron and took it off with a thoughtful and wandering gaze. Underneath, she had been wearing that signature blue dress shirt and those black bike shorts. Jumping skillfully onto the table, we pushed aside a few containers of mysterious salts and sugars before seating ourselves in front of her comparatively large frame. Though tempting, we took care to avoid touching the kitchen appliances, Sapphy wouldn’t have liked us playing with such ‘dangerous’ tools.

(We found the eggbeater and mixer most entertaining, but that’s a story best left for another time.)

The usually upbeat female had lost her cheerful personality; we could tell from the disappointed look on her face as her distant eyes signaled that her mind was elsewhere. We cooed, hoping that she would tell us what was bothering her.

“W-What? I’m alright.” Sapphy jumped back as she realized we had positioned ourselves before her. The young female crossed her arms defensively, refusing to admit whatever she was hiding from us. Upon realizing that she was still wearing those bulky green oven mittens, she made haste to throw them carelessly aside, silently muttering indiscernible words under her breath. We perked our red and blue ears, but could not catch her statement.

Sapphy straightened her posture and indignantly strolled to the tap to wash her hands and face, ridding herself of the sweet substance that had stuck itself on her tan skin.

“- I just feel like a complete idiot.” she sighed against the running water.

We cocked our heads in unison as she started to crack, and leaned forward, hoping to grasp onto more details as the girl turned the handle, causing the water to cease its flow. Sapphy wiped her hands messily against the front of her clothes, smearing them with water. Of course, she was never a neat-freak like Ruby, so she continued on unfazed. The girl picked up a star-shaped cookie cutter with her hands, and twirled it absent-mindedly between her drying fingers.

“I can’t believe Ruby’s right.” She softly mumbled in defeat as she picked up another metal shape (this time, in the form of a Mudkip’s head) with her other hand.

Then, with not-so-surprising strength, the innocent cutter was crushed in her palm as her body began to shake violently. Anger seemed to stream from her entire being as we realized that she was incredibly bothered by the fact that what Ruby had said was actually right.

“I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS!” Sapphy screeched out in frustration and banged her head against the table, causing us both to leapt back with shock. We watched on as her hands clasped the sides of her forehead and ruffled her hair as she tried to extinguish the raging fire, fed by her utter defeat. The cookie cutter fell out of her grip and tumbled to a stop in front of us.

It was now shaped in a weird circle.

We shuddered and thought fast, not wanting to meet the same fate as the Mudkip.

The two of us immediately sprang to our feet and joined our paws together. The tingle of electricity surged through our bodies as bright sparks danced from the tips of our small fingers. We growled encouragingly in sync and waved the pom-poms, determined to cheer Sapphy on. The groans emitting from her gradually ceased as she raised her crystal blue eyes to us.

The girl blinked at our Helping Hand technique, her initial unhappiness seeming to wash away as we grabbed her attention and whisked her out of her misery.

“Y’think I can bake?” she inquired as she sat up straight on the wooden stool, her elbows resting on the messy table as her hands cupped her tomato-red cheeks. Her eyes searched hungrily for the confidence boost she needed.

We squeaked as loudly as we could in agreement, and flashed our sparking paws gesturing towards her. When a weak but hopeful smile finally spread across the girl’s face, we lowered our arms. Tilting our heads coyly to one side, we were glad that we had lifted her out of her initial sadness.

“Right! So I’ll just hafta’ make a new batch of those chocolates, yeah?” Sapphy punched a clenched hand into the air and we called out in approval.

While the girl gathered up the ingredients she needed to make a new batch of chocolate mix, we bounded off the table and out the kitchen, intent on aiding her to our fullest. Over discarded balls of crumpled paper and lonely pencils; we flew, hopping from desk to desk; searching for Sapphy’s personal workspace Papa had designated her in the cool interior of the lab.

By purely accidental reasons, one of us slipped (now, we won’t say who) over a stray piece of paper, and the two of us subsequently tripped over; we landed unintentionally into a rather large pile of documents.

We picked ourselves up and scurried away from the mess, pretending that nothing had happened. Luckily, Papa was out doing research again; we had escaped from yet another mishap. Both of us high-fived as we approached the mahogany desk where Sapphy drew out diagrams and recorded her observations on the wildlife of Hoenn. We quickly pulled the drawer open and grinned gleefully at the contents within, knowing that she would have chosen to hide it there.

We smiled.

&&

We walked back into the kitchen, each carrying the essential two parts that made the object complete (the chocolate being the final piece of the gift, naturally), smiling from ear to ear. As the female looked over her shoulder while her hands kneaded the dough, she drew a sharp intake of breath in alarm.

“H-How did ya’ guys find that!” She seemed distressed as she abandoned the heap of white to snatch the materials from our paws and placed them high on a shelf located above the sink, out of our reach with Sapphy in the way. We whined as she shook her head with disapproval.

“I’m not gonna use it.” the girl stated bluntly, before turning back to the dough.

The two of us quivered our lips in acute unison, before breaking out in furious tears and bawling on the spot, unable to contain the sadness we truly, truly felt.

“Oh please, that may work on that sissy, but it won’t work on me.” She shrugged us off nonchalantly.

Darn.

“Now get outta’ here, I’m gonna finish this in about an hour,” Sapphy waved her hands to shoo us away, and we reluctantly dragged ourselves out of the room; disgruntled; but not insane enough to risk a head-on with her infamous rage.

“And I’ve gotta find a way to give this to that sissy…” she mumbled silently. We still managed to find her worry with our sensitive red and blue ears as we retreated, and even caught sight of a faint blush appearing on her cheeks.

Our ears twitched as an evil plot – Oh, we mean, brilliant idea – brewed in our heads.

We smiled.

&&

Both of us crouched low under the window of the alternate home we had in Littleroot, perking our ears up high as we strained to hear any signal that meant that he was at home.

“BEAUTIFUL~!” came the boy’s delighted voice, bringing us a sense of relief; our plan was working well so far.

We proceeded to sneak into his house through the usual-unlocked door (Ruby never learned), and quietly snuck towards the sound of the boy’s incessant jabbering and cooing. He must have sown something for his Pokemon yet again. The two of us were thankful that as we were free Pokemon who could come and go as we pleased, we weren’t subjected to such torture all the time.

And, this meant one thing – His spectacles were somewhere in that room.

With light footsteps, we neared the first doorway in the hallway and peaked in. The young boy had seated himself at the dinner table, surrounded by his team of Pokemon with Mama positioned behind them, diligently washing dishes. We hesitated for a moment; entranced by the scene; and couldn’t help but feel guilt that we were about to destroy it in seconds flat.

However, as our eyes rested on the glasses positioned on his face, we regained focus on the task at hand.

Three…

Two…

… One!

We jumped out of hiding and bolted towards Ruby with all the speed we had, running up Mimi’s sleek body and bouncing off Zuzu’s large head, aiming for the boy’s face. Barks and meows and squeaks ensued, demanding an explanation, but we defiantly ignored our fellow Pokemon, unable to multi-task. As we landed on the intended target, the boy shouted out and nearly toppled over in his chair as we dug our paws into his face. Nana and Coco leaned their weight into it in the nick of time, as we grabbed a hold of the spectacles and bounced off Ruby’s face.

The boy leapt to his feet, one hand rubbing his pained cheeks as we did a little mocking dance in front of him, shaking our posteriors and holding the prized object between us.

“What in the world are you doing!” Nana huffed, clearly unamused.

“H-Hey! Return Aniki his glasses!” The Swampert attempted to persuade us.

“Ooo~ Is this a game? I like games!” Coco crooned with interest while Mimi and Popo lapsed into silence, not knowing what to say.

“We’re getting Ruby and Sapphy together!”

“Yeah, yeah! Help us!”

The whole group of them brightened upon hearing our voices, and smirked knowingly as their trainer overcame the previous assault we had launched, the suspicions dissipating as quickly as they formed.

“Coco! Nana! Get those back!” he ordered his two faithful companions, who reluctantly began to amble in our direction. However, we soon noticed that they were travelling at a relatively slow pace.

We smiled.

&&

“Give those back, you demons!” Ruby called out to us as we ran down the dusty roads of Littleroot, bypassing simple houses and trees as we made our way to Papa’s lab. Behind him, all six Pokemon followed their owner, the cause for their sudden fatigue and drastic decrease in speed unknown.

(To Ruby only, we mean)

“Guys! I’m going to go ahead first!” the boy finally decided. We heard the faint click of a button and gasped in surprise. We had made one miscalculation.

No, not at a time like this! The lab was in sight, looming closer with every step we took! How could we make an error? How? How?

However, as Ruby flew towards us, kicking up dirt and air with his Running Shoes, we felt someone grab onto our bodies gingerly, and pretty soon, we outran Ruby. We released the air we held in our throats and grinned, very relieved.

“Thank you!” We said in time with each other.

We gazed up at Nana and Coco gratefully, receiving a simple nod and quick wink as a reply.

“Excellent work Nana, Coco! Now, bring them bac-“ Ruby stopped short as the two of them ran towards the lab.

“HEY! Where are you two bringing them!” The boy, though unfazed, had not switched off his Running Shoes, and was about it catch up -

SPLASH!

Ruby fell over into a wet puddle as Nana and Coco reached the doorstep of the building, and their mouths gaped open. We fell from their grip and landed onto the warm grassy ground, instinctively looking into the skies. No rainclouds in sight, then why was there water?

“S-Sorry Ruby! I’m really sorry! Sorry! Sorry!”

We snapped our heads towards the towering Milotic as she apologized franticly in her high, musical voice.

“I-It wasn’t intentional, really! Well... maybe it was. But, but, I did it for you! Don’t be angry!” She continued on as Ruby got to his feet and gave her an affectionate pat on the side. Though he couldn’t understand our language perfectly, the tone of Mimi’s call probably gave him a rough idea.

The boy recovered his bearings quickly, and stuck his tongue out as he saw that his black pants and shirt had been dirtied.

“GAH! YOU TWO-!!” He glared at us. We mean, really glared. We were almost too afraid to move, but the Mightyena and Delcatty helped us out once more, pushing us through the open door as Ruby began stomping over.

“THERE’S NO ESCAPE NOW!” We heard him growl outside and felt the icy fear tingle through our body, much like electricity, but so much colder.

We quickly swerved into the kitchen, stopping short of breaking the undisturbed environment Sapphy had had for the past hour. We saw her with her back turned to us in the white apron; it was smeared with a new layer of chocolate. The oven was left wide open and a certain smell permeated the air.

… It smelled like something had just died.

We covered our poor noses and watched on, Ruby’s glasses hanging idly between us.

The girl sighed heavily as she reached up and brought the red gift box down from the shelf. She undid the pure white ribbon on the cover and carefully opened it. She picked up a few of the brown lumps on the metal tray next to her and proceeded to let them slide from her palm into the box. They landed rather loudly; like stones; and we couldn’t help but flinch.

Sapphy released another tired breath of air and scratched her head. Though we couldn’t see her face, we realized that she must’ve been pretty sad. Absent-mindedly, the girl reached for the shelf again and brought down part two of the ultimate gift. She fiddled with the yellow note in her hand, embarrassed despite the fact that no one seemed to be around.

She covered the box and tried to tie the ribbon back into place, failing miserably as the result turned out to be more of a Spinarak-Tangela hybrid rather than a Butterfree knot.

Sapphy slammed a balled fist onto the surface of the table, crushing the note in her hands.

“Damn, I suck at this.” One hand covered her forehead as she finally decided to turn around, coming face to face with Ruby.

The boy had appeared at the door without our notice, apparently. We wondered how long he had been there. Judging from the distance between his jaw and upper lip, we supposed that it had been long enough.

“Is that for me..?” Ruby cautiously ventured, causing Sapphy to turn a bright red.

“N-NO! I-I was j-just fooling around!” She made a fruitless attempt to cover herself up, as she opened her hand to reveal the crumpled note.

Ruby, it said, scrawled on with untidy, almost unreadable handwriting.

The boy lowered his gaze and smiled cheekily as the girl crunched the yellow piece of paper in her hands again, only this time her arm was shaking. She looked mortified.

“Oh come on, hurry up.” He taunted the girl, who hastily whipped up the box and thrusted it at him with the note next to it. She probably just wanted to get it over and done with to avoid further embarrassment.

“You told me I couldn’t cook, so I wanted t’prove you wrong. That’s it.” She deliberately avoided Ruby’s eyes. He closed his hands not around the chocolate, but under her shivering hands instead. Sapphy tried to pull away upon contact, but Ruby was stronger (which was weird, this didn’t happen often). The female immediately stopped trying to fight back; she knew she wouldn’t win when Ruby grew so serious.

“That’s really it?” The boy prodded, and she growled something inaudible.

“Excuse me?”

“It’s gonna taste bad.” Sapphy repeated, louder this time.

“Really?” the young male mused, a smile playing on his face.

“Let go of me, sissy!” She struggled but was stopped short as the boy leaned forward and pecked her lips ever so lightly. Sapphy was instantly silenced as Ruby drew back, a blank expression crossing her features. The box and note tumbled out of her grip and onto the floor.

The two of us clenched our cheeks and marveled at the scene before us, paralyzed by an unknown force.

“I believe it’s going to be the sweetest thing that will touch my lips,” The boy announced rather than opinioned.

“Other than you, of course.”

And we couldn’t help but smile.

what can I say?

Were they plusle and minun?
    Oh, sweetness again! They are smarter than me
    The unreadable handwriting on the yellow note, was that Sapphire's?

Their pokemon are so mischievous sometimes but it was what I wanted!

*Stares at ending* Aww!! How cute, and sweet, and-*continues rambling for about an hour* *Gasp* Anyway, I simply loved this prompt. Hooray for Plusle, Minun, Coco, and Nana! And once again, beautifully written. You're a professional, Ibuberu!

omg best franticshipping ever. plusle and minun r cute and i love how they no everything about sapphire and ruby's love life before they even find out. wow ruby was smooth at the end............ i love that ruby's obsessed with clothes and sapphire isnt even tho shes a girl.

<3 Vampire <3
    I'm black in a world of white.
    I'm death instead of living.
    I'm stabbed by both love and hate.
    My heart is ripped to peices,
    never to love again.
    I believe there is no heaven, only hell.
    There is no good, only perfectly masked evil.

check out my contestshipping fic: Petalburg Highschool

aww that last one was sooo sweet. Yay for the little duo of Plusle and Minun and their tricks to make Sapphire feel better for being bad at cooking. I also found from the last one that you've possibly captured Mimi pretty well because I can easily imagine her being overly apologetic towards Ruby after what happens between the two in the manga.

EDIT: this was also one of the prompts I was looking forwards to, but I also look forwards to the prompt of Touch too.
    Last edited by alteredegoX; 25th August 2009 at 12:35 AM.
    Through the Generations
    my multiple pairings Shipping-fic.
    Currently On Hiatus and will be coming back to at some point: Gen 1, Chapter 5

@ Waterpokes
    I love the ending too! I'm glad you enjoyed it (:

@ ~NaThziVOIR~
    Yup, its Plusle and Minun :3 And yeah, it was Sapphire's handwriting.

@ SilverGlaceon
    Gosh, I'm not that great ><; But I do enjoy writing, so I'm glad you liked it as much as me.

@Lexiebee88
    Smooth Ruby FTW. I should definitely write more of those <3 Thanks for commenting!

@alteredegoX
    Yes! I totally agree! I think Mimi's character would be something along those lines too (: And as for Touch, hmmm, you'll have to wait awhile before that prompt comes out I think. I've more or less planned out when/which prompt I'll be posting up.

My sincere apologies for not updating last week D: Anyway, I loved writing this prompt, and I hope you’ll like it too. The emotions here were really strong.

#35 – Bonds

Some people say most of the strongest bonds are invisible, but she feels that their matching clothes tie them together more than anyone else, because he put his heart into making them.

CK : Bonds

Beads of sweat trickled down her flushed cheeks as we battled. My breathing was haggard and my limbs ached. Somehow, I could sense that she was no different. As the girl wiped her jaw and furrowed her brow with raw determination, I readied myself in anticipation of the next time we would clash. Warm blood pumped through my veins as I braced my claws in front of my chest.

How long had it been since we had sparred like this?

She finally shifted into motion, a blue blur dashing over the cavern floor while I remained firm in my sturdy stance. Her chestnut brown hair whipped across her unflinching face as she charged with clenched fists, making her look all the more magnetizing. She looked so driven and hardboiled, I almost felt like faltering.

That was what I liked about Sapphire. That was why I was proud to call her my trainer.

Drops of perspiration caught the light that shined through the opening of the secret base, the crystals glistening brilliantly against the grey backdrop as she raised a well-built leg towards my torso. I leapt back and as my feet came into contact with the cool rocky ground, I struck forth - catching her raised foot with both my claws.

It was a given for me to smirk confidently; I had outwitted my trainer, after all.

“C’mon Chaka, you can do better than that!” The girl chuckled through her laborious breaths of air, bringing my attention back to her second leg the moment it slammed right into the side of my beak. The pain rippled through my face and I weakened my hold on her, a fatal mistake.

In one fleeting movement, she wriggled out of my grip and landed on all fours, scratching her arms against the sharp surfaces of stray pebbles and rocks. We exchanged impressed glances and smiles; as partners and as competitors.

I liked sparring with Sapphire. It gave me a challenge; it made me stronger.

Sometimes I could almost feel that I had become powerful enough to protect my trainer.

But, I was far away from attaining perfection, as I all too soon found out…

“Watch it!” my female trainer warned, breaking my train of thought as she raised herself onto her feet and landed a punch into my scarlet arm. The muscles in the limb seemed to twitch and scream in protest as I held my own against the strength she tried to drive in with her balled hand.

Her other fist flew in the air and I successfully blocked it with my left claw, clutching it tightly over her trembling hand just before she could meet with my chest - which was already covered in bruises from minutes before. Now, the sparring session had escalated up to a battle of pure strength. It became the deciding factor of who the victor would be this time round as the two of us wrestled, unrelenting against each other’s vice-like grip. I stared intently into her deep blue gaze, searching for anything that betrayed weakness or fatigue. But Sapphire was a capable girl; I had known that since I was a Torchic. Her eyes gave away no hint of uncertainty or vulnerability, and I sensed that the fight would never end at the rate we were going.

Not that it mattered, mind you.

Sapphire had been so busy accompanying Ruby here and there for the last few weeks; I had been rotting away from boredom.

Then suddenly, she managed to take one step forward with her right foot, pushing me back just a few inches with her weight. And I instantly knew that she was going to be the one who would win this time round.

“SAPPHIRE! What are you doing, you barbarian?!”

A horrified and hauntingly familiar voice broke through the intense silence that had settled upon us, shattering the tension to pieces. My trainer’s concentration snapped away and her eyes looked over her shaking shoulder as I settled my gaze onto the boy who had appeared at the entrance of the short tunnel that led up to our hideout.

There he stood; her one and only weakness.

As Sapphire lingered her eyes over the boy’s silhouette and rummaged her brain for a sharp and witty answer, I took the chance. She was the one who taught me to never let my guard down to an opponent, lest one wanted to get beaten.

I released her fist from my grip and she returned her attention to me a second too late as I clamped onto her shoulder and raised my leg with swift agility, aiming for her head.

Then I stopped short of a hair’s length from making contact with my trainer’s skull; Sapphire smiled weakly at my action, sighing ever so softly as she did so. She gave a curt nod, signaling the end of the session; as well as her loss. The two of us immediately lowered our tired arms and released all the stress in our bodies with large shouts. We then crumbled onto our posteriors, completely spent.

I let go of her shoulder as Ruby came rushing over, his face aghast.

“Just look at both of you! All smelly and ugly!” He spoke with a sickened tone and held a hand to his nose. As Sapphire shot him an insulted glare, I chose to keep quiet, as I usually did.

To me, it seemed useless to lose one’s cool over a trivial matter.

“A sissy like you wouldn’t know anything about training!” she snapped irritably.

Of course, I could tolerate my trainer’s tendencies, as well as Ruby’s.

My eyes traced their two forms, one seated on the floor catching her breath while the other stood over, hands on his hips, speaking with a chastising tone.

They were wearing those matching clothes again. One in red; one in blue.

A sudden sensation of foreboding washed over me, as I detected that something was amiss. My fixed my gaze on Sapphire’s shoulder where I had last gripped her. My eyes widened and I swallowed as anxiety crawled onto me, sending goosebumps all over.

Oh no.

Ruby noticed my sudden worry and his eyes followed my gawking. Sapphire, who was still quelling the rapid beating of her heart failed to realise what was happening until he spoke.

“See what you did? Look at your shirt.” He rolled his eyes and criticized her even more.

The girl turned to her shoulder and saw the cerulean threads splaying out of the tattered ends. I closed one eye instinctively; almost too frightened to see her reaction to the large tear I had created on the strap of her shirt. Her face became unnerved and I felt her stiffen.

This reaction was expected, and I could only sink into my memories to rid myself of the stabbing guilt.

I remembered how Ruby had first sown her a set of clothes all those years ago in that very cave. After she overcame her initial embarrassment and shock, I could distinctly recall her clutching the red shirt and white skirt close to her body.

There had been a contemplative frown on her young, naďve face at that time; and she seemed to be struggling to say something important. I was perched patiently on her shoulder in my first form, cuddling close to her in an encouraging fashion. Finally, the girl squinted her eyes and muttered softly, just barely audible enough for me to hear.

“T-Thank you…”

I never knew if it was meant for her ears; or his.

She was probably talking to herself.

But I knew, somehow, that that was probably the moment she started to fall in love.

And she never stopped.

And then, there was that episode in Fortree City, where she and Ruby had had an intense and heated argument about Hoenn and the impending doom that would soon befall everyone. Though I did not witness it, I knew that Sapphire had discarded her old clothes because of Ruby’s decision.

When she released me from my Pokeball to train, I was shocked to see her clad in palm leaves, just like before.

“It’s nothing.” she told me simply, her tone stating that she did not want to elaborate any further.

I saw her eyes; red and puffy.

My trainer was in anguish, and through the kicks she half-heartedly threw and the punches she swung weakly, I couldn’t help but feel the pain as well. The one she had placed all her hopes on had abandoned her in the very worst of times.

And at that point, I couldn’t bring myself to forgive Ruby for what he did.

But he was both the problem, and the solution.

Without making my plan too obvious, I sparred with Sapphire; retreating for a few steps at a time; jumping from tree to tree; running while jabbing here and there.

Finally, I led her back to the fateful place where the Grumpig and Spoink had rampaged that very day. The surroundings had been cast into darkness, the shadows consuming everything in the area. I couldn’t see anything apart from the outline of gigantic trees and my trainer’s body. That was where I had dropped to my knees and began feeling around, my rough claws digging through the soft grass and into the soil.

“What’re ya’ doing, Chaka? W-We’re supposed to be trainin’.” Sapphire’s voice wavered, suspicious and slightly afraid, recognizing the surroundings with the sniff of a nose.

I ignored her, determined to find the solution.

“N-Not here, please, not here.” she whispered, her voice trembling.

I chose not to reply her. I continued on all fours, seeking for a touch different to grass, reaching out and clawing in strips of green until I landed a talon onto a soft, cloth-like material.

“We’re g-gonna go somewhere else now, k-kay?” she suggested, her voice cracking.

I grabbed the clothes and stood up, wandering over to where Sapphire continued mumbling to herself about how the two of us were supposed to be sparring elsewhere. And as I placed the heap into her cold hands, she seemed to react to the touch of the woolen material.

A sigh released itself.

Shoulders slackened in the quiet darkness.

Sapphire suddenly leaned forward into my ruffled feathers, her old clothes in-between the two of us, clenched tightly in her arms as I felt the warm tears touch my feathers.

How long had she been crying…?

“It’s okay, Chaka,” she spoke as she hugged me for support. “I’m okay.”

The girl coughed and wiped the tears away with the back of her hands.

“Thank you.” Sapphire broke away from me, and though I couldn’t make out her face, I pictured that she was smiling bravely.

“I’ve gotta grow stronger. If not, I won’t be able to protect the ones I care about.”

The next time I saw Sapphire in proper human clothing was in the Cave of Origin, as my whole team and I were released to fight off a sizable group of enemies from both Team Magma and Aqua. I was taken to surprise, as well as relief, when I noticed the swish of a black tail; a large blue fin tackling the opponent; and the battle cries of many familiar friends.

I craned my neck and smiled as I saw Ruby and Sapphire fighting side by side, decked out in a new set of clothing. As if they had tossed away the bad memories to make way for the new.

Her eyes shone a captivating azure; a new flame had been fueled to life.

“Eh?” She shook her head, unable to understand what Ruby was doing with an attire identical to the one she currently donned, apart from the fact that it was painted a deep blue colour.

“See? I’m Ruby.” He gestured to his own apparel, now scarlet in the places where it was once emerald.

“And you’re Sapphire.” He pointed from the blue dress shirt to her.

“Doesn’t this fit us better?” Ruby smiled, and Sapphire just furrowed her brow in confusion.

“Is there any difference?” she inquired, prodding the new clothing curiously, as if she was trying to find any noticeable change between it and the one she had grown accustomed to.

“Of course there is!” Ruby protested.

“Anyway, I put a lot of effort into it s-” He started to explain.

“Thanks.” Her quiet voice cut him short.

“E-Excuse me?” He blinked his eyes, his tone illustrating the fact that he was unable to believe her words.

“ARE YA’ DEAF?! I just said thanks.” Sapphire growled and snatched the clothes from him.

She then motioned for me to follow her into the Secret Base, where she would undoubtedly try on the new clothes, turning herself away from Ruby as she did so. As I trailed after her, I saw a smile touch her face, and I couldn’t help but chuckle silently to myself.

Taking one last glance at Ruby, I saw the faintest tint of red on his cheeks before he dug his hands into his pockets and stalked off in the other direction.

She had finally managed to thank him properly.

Sapphire had kept all the clothing Ruby had made for her over the years they shared as friends.

Of course, this was a secret that only her Pokemon knew about. Whenever we were alone with her, she would carefully draw out the cardboard box where she had folded and placed the shirts and bandanas with care. The girl would take them out, admire them for awhile, probably to reminisce the memories she had built with us and Ruby. There would be laughter, moments of tangible silence, and even serenity.

She would then gingerly fold them back into place; push the box back under her bed; and place a large pile of leaves over it to deter Ruby from ever attempting to come into contact with it.

Now, seeing how I had unintentionally destroyed one of her most treasured possessions, the guilt seemed to pile up onto me; but the sorrow I felt outweighed it by a great deal.

I cawed apologetically, wondering if my trainer would be able to understand.

The girl snapped out of her trance and gave me a courageous smile; she raised a bruised hand to stroke the side of my head, as if to calm me down. The sadness she refused to admit was reflected in the depths of her unblinking eyes, and I croaked, unable to think of anything that could make up for the accident.

“AH! My beautiful clothes!” Ruby brought a palm to his face, just as devastated as we were, but to a much more comical extent.

He then decided to look at Sapphire’s face, finally seeing the lines of depression and the heavy atmosphere that encircled the two of us.

“H-Hey? Sapph? Are you sad?” the boy ventured, raw worry filling the cavern.

“You idiot.” she muttered, refusing to return his stare.

“WHAT? What does this have to do with me?” Ruby sounded insulted, but instead of flailing around like he usually did, he crouched lower and nearer to Sapphire on the floor.

“Because, idiot, you put in effort to make this.” The girl said, burying her blushing face into her marked arms.

“Then I’ll just have to give it double the effort when I fix it.” Ruby replied swiftly without hesitation of any sort, as if it was the most sensible and obvious answer one could ever give.

Sapphire immediately raised her gaze to meet Ruby’s.

The eyes that had been threatening to burst into tears softened. She raised her hands, clasping them around the boy’s arms and pulling him towards her.

And as if acting on its own accord, her body leaned forward and she reached Ruby’s face.

Their lips met.

His eyes drifted shut as he raised his hands, encircling them around her waist.

She began to fall into his tight embrace.

And she would never stop.

-

BIGBIG ANNOUNCMENT TIME~
    To all dedicated (and maybe closet?) readers, I'm currently caught up with the dreaded school now D: And as such, I probably won't have enough time to post up the prompts weekly. I hope you'll understand, and you can expect the next prompt to be up here in about... three weeks? Yeah. In the mean time, I'll leave you with some teasers for the upcoming fics that'll be posted (don't take them too literally XD)

I'm not a very good artist (and I drew on lined paper XD), but hey, hope that's enough to keep your interest glued over here (:

In any case; Ciao~

what can I say?

I love all of them!~

nice new chappie!! i liked the part about sapphire and chaka (Blaziken) training.
    Their lips met.
    hehehe i like that part....................... please do #14!!!!!!! heheh that looks like a funny 1. update, update, update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! sry im such a big fan of franticshipping.

<3 Vampire <3
    never to love again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexiebee88 View Post
    nice new chappie!! i liked the part about sapphire and chaka (Blaziken) training.

hehehe i like that part....................... please do #14!!!!!!! heheh that looks like a funny 1. update, update, update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! sry im such a big fan of franticshipping.
    Wait #14 is....O____O You them to do that!?!?

ok im not saying i want them to do it, but it seriously looks hilarious!!!! i mean what with sapphire not being 'educated' and stuff......... hehehe u have to agree with me gothic fairy. btw bring me to life is the best song ever!!

ps ibuberu i still love the fic!!!

<3 Vampire <3
    never to love again.

heh heh Even i have to admit it that it does look funny but even if this chapter was posted here most of it wouldn't be there........ Oh and thank you Bring me to Life is an awesome song!

hey gothic fairy pm me!! i wanna ask a question. hey 50 frantic ways is still awesome. ummmm.......... ya love it!!!! hey ibuberu, do u have a pm list cuz if so i still wanna be on it. sapphire is completely in character and i love how angry she gets at times

<3 Vampire <3
    never to love again.

Gothic Fairy
    Hey, thanks for the enthusiasm, glad that you like the prompts (: (but please take your off-topic discussion with Lexiebee over into a PM, yeah? Try not to clutter up this thread.

Lexiebee88
    Yep, I'll add you to that PM List (: Thanks for the post, and for 14... I won't be writing anything too explicit. I'll be writing that story in another way, it definitely won't involve any sex. But it'll still be shippy, of course.

#25 – Devotion

She was a girl, that wouldn’t change, and sometimes she secretly imagined that spending everyday with him made it feel like they were married.
    Rating : K

DN : Devotion

The emerald hue that stretched out before me was truly and utterly mesmerizing. The delicate flowers that dotted the expanse of the large field in a kaleidoscope of colours couldn’t help but make me feel strangely nostalgic.

This place; it reminded me so much of home.

The freedom of running through the outskirts of Mauville City soaked through my body as a stray breeze blew past us; the aroma of fresh roses and tulips mixing with the wind. I could hold it in no longer, and the pent up feelings inside me burst out uncontrollably.

An excited roar exploded from my black trunk, and off I dashed, away from my trainer and her friend, unable to restrain myself from frolicking in the inviting greenery.

I curled into a tight ball and rolled through the tall grass, kicking up mounds of dirt as I swerved and maneuvered through the field, careful not to run over any flowers. The feeling of the tasty air filled my nostrils and I thirsted for more.

Had it really been so long since Sapphire brought me out to play?

I recounted the past few years that had flown by, and it all seemed like a blur – joining her on her adventure; journeying into that dreadful Cave of Origin (a horrible place with only confining rock walls and enemies); then going off to the Battle Frontier (another place filled with useless buildings and nearly not enough free space). Ruby and Sapphire had grown much in that time. Not only were they taller and matured, they seemed more sturdy and reliable as well.

Lost in my thoughts, I failed to notice the sizable pebble that lay in my path. Within a few brisk moments, the tiny stone had been thrown aside as I skidded out of control and became airborne; flailing my stubby limbs helplessly as I began my descent to Earth.

‘THUD!’

The sickening collision with the ground actually sounded far worse than the throbbing ache in my poor body. I slowly got to my feet as Sapphire rushed over, a chuckling boy sauntering behind. Both of them were wearing the clothes he had made again, and I couldn’t help but feel that they complimented each other well while standing side by side.

“How in the world did that happen?” Ruby asked curiously. I grunted loudly in his direction, not very pleased.

“Shut up ya’ sissy!” My trainer shouted out as she reached me and stroked my trunk and horns in comfort.

“Come on Sapph’, a Pokemon needs more grace than that.” The boy spoke with a seemingly sensible tone, but I saw through it, and I had to control all my emotions just to prevent myself from tearing him to shreds.

It was a wonder how Sapphire could like a person who fell into a category like him; it was probably a sad mistake on her behalf, but I had to respect her wishes.

“Bein’ graceful doesn’t mean anything! The power that’s inside is all that matters!” my female trainer piped up, thumping a fist against her heart as she did so. I trumpeted out in agreement, causing the young male to retreat a few paces, as if he was scared we would infect him with a deadly disease.

“Let me groom your Donphan then, after that I’m sure you’ll change your mind.” Ruby suddenly snapped his fingers, and a smile spread across his face as the idea left his mouth. It was sad to say that neither Sapphire nor I approved of it very much.

“I don’t need your makeup on my Dono!” She reacted with lightning-fast agility and jumped in front of me, arms akimbo, protecting me from Ruby’s tortuous devices.

“Come on, Sapphire! Just this once?”

“No!”

“Please?”

“NO!”

“Not even for a second?”

This conversation wasn’t getting anywhere anytime soon, and to tell you the truth, I was never much of a listener. I turned my back to them and lumbered away from their bickering, wanting to immerse myself in my childhood days once more.

As I came across a patch of flowers, a warm, fuzzy feeling enveloped my mind, and I left behind the noisy argument as I sank into the memory.

It was a recollection of how the many children of Mauville would approach me in the fields, sometimes in vast numbers, bearing bundles of flowers in their shaking hands. Some had uneasy faces, while others hid behind the elder ones, too frightened to come near me. I was touched by their gesture; the bouquets of flowers were nice and appropriate gifts. The flowers of the green fields were what made it beautiful, after all.

I remember accepting the flowers for the first time, the initially hostility fading away as their warm hands touched my trunk. And pretty soon, I started giving my new companions rides on my back.

It was sad to part with the children, but I left knowing that they would be happy in New Mauville, and couldn’t help but feel accomplished that I had given the children something in return, for reaching out to me.

And sometimes, when Sapphire saw my distant eyes, she’d decide it was due time to bring me out to a field to play.

As I immersed myself in these thoughts, something clicked in my head. I suddenly realized that I had never given her a gift – anything – for being such a caring trainer. I quickly gathered up the flowers with my trunk, wondering if this action, this simple action, could quell the anger between Ruby and Sapphire, just like it had with me.

With flowers flooding in my grip, I returned to my trainer and her friend. They finally stopped arguing once they realised what I brought along with me. I lifted the flowers into Sapphire’s hands, and she wrapped her fingers around the emerald stalks of the bouquet of daisies, tulips and lavenders.

A warm, contented smile reached her eyes.

“Heh, this makes me feel like a bride,” She admitted awkwardly, patting my head with her free hand.

Ruby chuckled.

“WHAT?!” Sapphire snapped at him, her cheeks turning pink.

“I was just imagining you in a wedding dress.” Ruby stated calmly. A smile spread across his contemplative face.

“I think you’d look quite pretty, given the right design.”

My trainer paused for a moment, her lower lip quivering slightly. She seemed unsure of how to respond. Was she angry? Or perhaps, happy?

“I AIN’T GONNA WEAR A DRESS!”

Angry. Right.

Ruby’s brow furrowed unpleasantly as the female screamed loudly at him. For a second, I expected him to fight back, to instigate yet another long, boring, drawn out, boring, annoying, time-wasting and boring fight.

Did I mention boring? Gah, fights were never fun.

But instead, the boy opened his crimson-red eyes and they crinkled as he began laughing softly to himself. My trainer raised both her eyebrows at his action, wondering why he was being so odd.

“What?” she probed with an annoyed voice, probably infuriated by the fact that she didn’t understand what was going on.

“I was just wondering which brave soul would be marrying you in the future,” Ruby managed to speak through his laughter.

“Is it so hard to get someone ta’ like me?” she shouted more than she questioned.

“I don’t mean it in that sense, Sapph’. You know I don’t,” the boy answered her in a comforting voice, raising his hands defensively in front of his chest.

Sapphire rolled her eyes and crossed her arms firmly over her body, squeezing my flowers in her grip.

“It’d be pretty hard to find someone who could like you despite your loud voice, someone who could take your outbursts and someone who could share different interests with you, but still care about you. Because, seriously Sapph’, not a lot of people like to crawl through jungles.” Ruby counted off the reasons with his fingers, reciting out the list in a carefree tone.

Wasn’t he just describing himself?

Sapphire seemed to shake uncontrollably at his words. Then she suddenly burst out, waving her hands, and my bouquet, over her head as the words spilled from her mouth.

“So you’ll hafta’ marry me if I can’t find that guy!” Sapphire raised her voice, making it sound more like an order rather than an inquiry. A faint flush appeared across her face as she struggled to maintain her composure.

“H-HUH?!” Ruby faltered, clearly taken aback.

“Are you trying to make me some last resort or something?” he asked indignantly in a voice toned with mocking sarcasm, folding his arms.

“Probably.” the girl relaxed and smiled teasingly; one slender finger upon her sharp chin as she raised her gaze to the skies.

“WHAT?!” Ruby sounded out his disbelief; he probably thought he deserved better.

“… I just thought that you’d always be there for me when no one else was left,” Sapphire said simply. It went without much hesitation or uncertainty, and instead, was filled with pure innocence and wonder. I couldn’t help but smile as the words touched my ears.

She turned to her friend, wondering what his reaction would be.

The boy blinked in response, seemingly paralyzed by her words. The shy look on my trainer’s face gradually contorted into worry and fear. She was probably regretting her words.

Come on, Ruby! Say something, say anything! I don’t like seeing Sapphire unhappy.

…..

Okay, this was taking too long. I was growing impatient.

I wanted to go play some more after this.

Being courteous (as well as slightly restless), I raised my mighty truck and slammed it into the boy’s back. This allowed him to bridge the space between them with two steps and he reached out his hands for her shoulders to regain his balance. The girl attempted to retreat but Ruby caught her before she could escape out of his reach.

“I was just joking!” Sapphire tried to laugh it off once his hands clamped onto her, but as the young boy raised his face to reveal stern features, she became rooted to the ground.

My trainer began to chuckle hysterically, and her bright blue eyes darkened with remorse as they darted left to right. She looked unsure of herself, probably not expecting the reaction Ruby now possessed.

“I’ll always be there for you, Sapph’. Don’t ever doubt that,” he said firmly, and Sapphire clamped her hands over her mouth, hiding the relieved smile on her face from Ruby. His hold never left her shoulders as the flowers I had picked dropped from her hands and landed silently on the ground.

“Why do you think I even came here today?” he asked with a softened tone. I tilted my head curiously to the side. Was this the part of Ruby that Sapphire liked? Why hadn’t I seen this side of him before?

“A-A-Ah-” Sapphire couldn’t force any words to come out.

“You know that, don’t you?” The boy gently grabbed her wrists and pulled her hands away, revealing the most genuine smile I had ever seen on my trainer’s face. Her eyes shined like crystals as she allowed her hands to turn and intertwine their fingers with Ruby’s.

I smirked at my handiwork and trotted off to bury myself in the wondrous field again, but not before I heard the faintest whisper leave Sapphire’s curved lips.

“… I do.”

what can I say?

Quote Originally Posted by Ibuberu View Post
    Gothic Fairy
    Hey, thanks for the enthusiasm, glad that you like the prompts (: (but please take your off-topic discussion with Lexiebee over into a PM, yeah? Try not to clutter up this thread.
    I'll do my best and i already read this chapter on ff.net. I'm not going to spoil on what happens for the other chapters.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm..................................... ........... thnx for the add to the pm list. sure thing with gothic fairy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe good chappie. btw if it doesnt have anything to do with sex than y is it called that?????? wow so confused at the moment. pm me for spoilers 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3 Vampire <3
    never to love again.

Sorry about not posting before but at least I'm posting now, right? Anyway, I love Devotion! *Starry eyes* You describe it so well...I wish I could write like you! No spelling errors as far as I can see. Anyway, I eagerly await the next prompt! Dont leave us waitin! (Sorry if I sound pushy, but these prompts are awesome! )