Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D/P legends

Default D/P legends

What do you think of the legendaries introduced in D/P? Just state your opinion here.

Personally, I think a lot of the legendaries look strange, Shaymin and Darkrai, for example. I absolutely hate Darkrai and Heatran in battle, Darkrai because of its Dark Void + Bad Dreams + Nightmare you get the idea, and Heatran because, well, for some reason I find it easier to defeat Darkrai. Fortunately I have never had the misfortune of seeing an Arceus in battle, but if I did I'm sure I would describe it as the last word in cheapness. The Uxie/Azelf/Mesprit Trio doesn't really add much to the game. In fact, the only legendary I do like is Cresselia, because, even though it is an uber (I assume), at least it's one that looks cool. Anyway, that's enough of my ranting. What's your opinion?

They're alright. Cresselia makes Uxie's defensiveness somewhat redundant and I'm not sure if Regigigas was terribly necessary.

Cresselia's OU, btw, making Uxie more or less UU.

Cresselia is nowhere near uber, and heatran isnt either, if u are having trouble beating heatran...your team needs work, 4x weak to earthquake one of the most common attacks in pokemon along with a very mediocre speed stat means heatran shouldnt live very long. and darkrai is in uber excatly for that reason, if you are trying to beat darkrai in UBER, use deoxy attack form, superpower and its good bye darkrai.

i think the legendaries are great in D/P their stregnths and weaknesses are justified so are the tiers they are in. there is a wide range of legendary for different pokemon lovers, the pixies and manaphy for people taht like cute pokemon, sahymin skyform, giratina, dialga and palkia for those who like massive good looking pokemon. and the ubers like arceus, palkia again, darkrai and giratina for those who love warhorses.

original design by :SkittyonWailord..the awesome mod^^

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by AlCario View Post
    Fortunately I have never had the misfortune of seeing an Arceus in battle, but if I did I'm sure I would describe it as the last word in cheapness.
    Well Arceus is actualy quite terrible right now since the one that's been released can't gain EXP, and that means no EVs. So the best it could get in a stat is 334 because of vitamins. And that's not very good.
    Last edited by SkittyOnWailord; 24th July 2009 at 3:09 PM.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Not mentioning in battle but their design is nice. Dialga and Palkia transmit me an evangelion feeling, they are so different from the others.
    Darkray's a bit ugly, like, they could have did more for it. Shaymin looks like that usual fluffy fluffy cute thing that always have a movie, so it's nice too.
    Heatran is pretty, kinda reminds me of an agressive digimon, don't know. That lava body and metal parts. But cresselia's great, with milotic makes the most beautiful team on pokemon in my opinion.
    Arceus is nice too, he's as different as Dialga and Palkia. Nice design for me too.

@SkittyOnWailord
    Does it come at Lvl100? Maybe to stress that idea of God Pokemon, so that it can't change.
    - Oh! Another one from the family!

White: 5457-5341-0289
    Heart Gold: 3481-8109-8745
    Add me and send yours by PM =)

They're a bit hyper....

Anway Gen 4 introdued tough pokemon eg. Darkiri.
    hi

i like most of the legandaries, going by design i think they are amazing (except heatran, the thing gives me the creeps) dialga and palkia are really good designs, i personally don't use them, they just dont appeal to me. Darkrai is ugly, but then again it is a pokemon that causes nightmares so i geuss it being pretty makes sense (i mean could you really see a pokemon like shaymin or manaphy giving people nightmares ^^; i know i couldn't) Shaymin's original form is adorable and probably is one of my favorite legandaries. The sky forme is cool too, but i hate how it goes back to normal at night.
    Giratina, is just an amazing idea behind it and its formes are great. cresselia is really pretty too, but not really my favorite. My definite favorite would have to be manaphy, yup.
    Name: Saru f/c~ 3953 5041 2718

~ Kairyu my number one dragonite

credits to ASH^_^

my deviant art, check it out if you want--
    http://aevumangel.deviantart.com/

I like all the legendaries except Regigigas >_>
    He is just weak and killed by the time his "full power" is available,,,
    just a pain in the *** =(
    3DS FC : 2621 2935 3452
    IGN: Maurice (Y&OR) & Mau (AS)

I like that there is more variety in legends now, although some are a little strange. Shaymin looks like a moldy mashmallow.
    My signature contains five words.

Meh, many of the designs of the legendaries are unique and complex, while others are... simple *coughlaketriocough* I'm not one for battling, so I'm not completely sure about who's good or not... My only complaint is that there were so many of them... did we really need Heatran and Regigigas?
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon.
    That is only the selfish perception of people.
    Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

design-wise, i like the legendaries. but i don't really use them other than dialga and palkia, but i don't use them for anything other than in-game on PBR.

Quote Originally Posted by Icy Death View Post
    I like that there is more variety in legends now, although some are a little strange. Shaymin looks like a moldy mashmallow.
    ha ha ha! i see what you mean! XD i never really noticed that before.
    I no longer have time to do any trades or battle nor will I log on as much, so if you message me, I will get back to you when I next log in, but remember, that may not be for a very long time...! Sorry in advance! ^^;
    I have claimed In the official Claim A Pokemon thread!

well, regigigas is a bad add-up to the legends, i HATE its ability...regardless of its humongous stat...

I am who I am; Frederica Bernkastel.
    Furude Rika and Frederica are different.
    Shame on you if you thought so.

FC: 5027-0841-3459

Well, i like almost all of the legendaries,.. except Regigigas and Heatran, they're not that great... and some of the pokemon designs are complex, like, Arceus.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/nlspxv.jpg[/IMG]

DeviantArt Banner Credit GPXPlus

Mehh...IMO, there were too many legends /: Let us count:
    Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Heatran, Cressilia, Manaphy, Darkrai, Phione (technically), Regiggigas, and Arceus
    13 LEGENDS. Yep, definitely wayyyy too many.
    Here are the ones I think should not be there: Heatran...Stark Mountain can live without it. Regiggigas...does it really have a pupose, besides being a big oaf?
    & Here are the ones I don't really think should be legendary: Manaphy...it can lay an egg & it comes from one. Phione...it doesn't even look legendary!

Well, that would bring it down to 9 legends...still an "iffy" amount, but whatever..
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2gsg6iq.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by glowing_light010
    Here are the ones I think should not be there: Heatran...Stark Mountain can live without it. Regiggigas...does it really have a pupose, besides being a big oaf?
    Those are obtained by completing optional side quests after beating the Elite Four, that's their purpose. You aren't requiered to catch them, so you can just leave them there if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by glowing_light010
    Mehh...IMO, there were too many legends /: Let us count:
    Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Heatran, Cressilia, Manaphy, Darkrai, Phione (technically), Regiggigas, and Arceus
    13 LEGENDS. Yep, definitely wayyyy too many.
    It's 14 legendaries. Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, Cresselia, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus.

But during the game, you only actually meet 4; the lake trio and the main legend of your version, and you only have to battle the main legendary.
    All the others are completely optional, so the amount shouldn't be much of a problem.

I understand that the legendaries are "optional", but...

You MUST catch them to complete your Pokédex (Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus not counted.)

But, you know... You complain that there are too much legendaries, but 5 of them aren't obtainable without an event! That bring down the total of legendaries available in-game without an event to 9. Only one more than 3rd gen, wich had 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7
    I understand that the legendaries are "optional", but...

You MUST catch them to complete your Pokédex (Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus not counted.)
    Completing the Pokédex is also optional, and the regional Pokédex only requieres seeing them.

But if anyone wants to complete the Pokédex, and can go through the work of finding, catching and evolving Pokémon such as Kingdra, Slowking, Dragonite, Chatot, Tyranitar, Steelix, Huntail, Spiritomb, etc., I don't see how 8 or so extra Pokémon to catch will make the task so much harder that they should be taken away from the game.

I <3 Shaymin. I like Giratina, Dialga and Palkia and Regigigas aswell. But the others, though Cresselia is quite useful, are just meh to me.
    Last edited by kimy1688; 26th July 2009 at 2:18 PM. Reason: I like pie

If you want to join and clicked here, please say that you clicked on my signature!

Shiny Begginer, so none yet... stop staring at me ;-;

Shiny Targets: , ,
    Offering: , or tell me what you want (no shinies or legendaries please!)
    Wanted: any event Shaymin and Manaphy, and *pokes targets*

I didn't really care for any of the legendaries (except for Uxie and Regigigas). However while I mind most of the legendaries meh; I HATE Dialga, Palkia, and Arceus. First chance I got I traded Dialga away, never had Palkia, and Arceus.... well ARceus you can't tell his *expletive* from his face... and come on a God Pokemon WTF?!

Aside from those three I thought the others were well designed

I really like most of them. I think the trio look a bit too much alike, and Heatran's kind of ugly, but nobody really stands out as being "useless" or anything to me. Although, I definitely agree that Manaphy and Phione don't seem legendary. I like them, don't get me wrong, but they don't seem too different from regular Pokes.
    A New Generation
    Has Arrived.

Unova rules!

My friend reckon that Cresselia is weak for some reason...they probably don't know how to EV train it. o.O

Surfing through the waves, diving deep into the sea,
    playing along the beach, having fun all day long.

Personally, I like most of the Legendaries, especially Darkrai. I have nothing against any of them.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

Hate the deluge of legendaries this generation. Most add nothing to the game.

I'd prefer a couple of original pokemon to add to the game proper...something break the monotony of geodude and Zubat maybe? I never like legendaries really, it's unrealistic to have al these one of a kind, god-like pokemon waiting in your PC to be used.

Why does everyone hates Heatran!!!!!!!!!!?????????? I mean he's awesome!!!!!!

and why does everyone like Cresselia!!!!!????? i mean its ugly!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast