Thread: 30 Day Sage Show

Default 30 Day Sage Show

1/30/12:
    So, in 30 days, I'll be able to open my art shop. While waiting, I'll be making customs that I made by my own doing, and showing them here. Art advice would be appriciated for the art I'll be posting. I use Paint.Net because it's easier for me to use.

So, to start this 1st day of the 30 Day Sage, we'll start with these 4 banners...

(Made 1/27/12)

(Made 1/30/12)

(Made 1/27/12)

(Made 1/28/12)

...And these 4 Avatars I call Pencil Avatars.

(All made 1/28/12)

Any thoughts?

(Any art seen was manipulated by me, but I did not make the characters)
    Meh, working on sig...

I would say take some more time with your renders, so they don't have that pixelated edge; one way to fix this is to blur or feather the border lightly. I will say your drawings of Pokemon are very nice.

The backgrounds with the banners don't really match the theme of the focal, and neither does the text, I would look up some tutorials on blending them better.

What image manipulation program do you use? I'm guessing GIMP?

Really the more you do it the more tricks you'll pick up, and the better you'll get naturally. Keep at it. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Doodles View Post
    I would say take some more time with your renders, so they don't have that pixelated edge; one way to fix this is to blur or feather the border lightly. I will say your drawings of Pokemon are very nice.

The backgrounds with the banners don't really match the theme of the focal, and neither does the text, I would look up some tutorials on blending them better.

What image manipulation program do you use? I'm guessing GIMP?

Really the more you do it the more tricks you'll pick up, and the better you'll get naturally. Keep at it. :3
    Hard to read you text when my backgrounds orange Lol...

I didn't draw these. I only found them Online, and used them.

The Focal... aye, I'll look into that.

I said I use Paint.Net ._.

I'll get better with more training. I'm in D.M.A. (Digital Media Arts) class, but they use Photoshop. I'm better with shop... maybe I should get it :I

EDIT: Some new pics:

(Made 1/30/12)

(Made 1/31/12)

I need some advice on Outline bolding... How do I bold the line now? I have Paint.Net, but there's no line-tool. Any thoughts?

(Banner manipulated, but the Avatar is 100% custom)
    Last edited by aurasageluke; 31st January 2012 at 2:33 PM.
    Meh, working on sig...