Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where's Armaldo? (379)

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    I'll try to get some screenshots of Rock Blast later tonight. I was surprised when (Mrs. Moroboshi?) said it was Rock Blast, since it was basically a powered up punch/thrust.
    Where are you putting the screenshots? Or did you just not put them up yet? If that's the case I'll be patient.

I was rather surprised that Meowth attacked Armaldo. He's almost never willing to go up against something that big and powerful, especially if its just another Pokemon they are trying to steal.

And I still don't get why the Armaldo was so aggressive and impossible to talk to simply because it was hungry. Does the resurrecting process do that to them? Was it explained how exactly they brought the Pokemon back? i.e were they cloned or was another process used?

Not sure why Dogasu kept saying Iron Claw. The attack was Metal Claw. Nope, haven't put up the shots yet, thanks for reminding me.

edit: OK here are the shots of Armaldo using Rock Blast...even though it looks NOTHING like the description from the games...

Last edited by Geodude; 16th November 2004 at 5:07 AM.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by poke07
    dogasu that is a good summary I think that you should be an episode writer for serebiii.net. But hey its a suggestion.
    It is, why don't you submit that to Joe and he might put it up
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

Iron Claw, Metal Claw, we could all tell what he was talking about. ^_^

Thanks for posting the screenshots, though even now its hard to tell how the attack did damage. I take it that Meowth was hit only once instead of the multiple hits in the games?

I do like the rather unique take on it. It seems like they could potentially be trying to show this Rock Blast as operating by Armaldo filling its limbs with Rock type element energy, then hitting the opponent with its limbs to produce a different type of damage from that of Metal Claw or Slash.

Still, it seems to me that this look would fit Ancientpower better than Rock Blast, with the way Armaldo's body filled with mysterious power. To this day I'm not sure what Ancientpower should look like and the games don't make it clear either (it looks quite different in different versions.

The anime in general hasn't shown Rock type attacks well or very much, aside from Rollout and Rock Tomb ( love how the anime did that one). Originally Rock Throw was simply a Rock type throwing its whole body at the foe (Golem in "Bridge Bike Gang). In the Crystal Onix, the Onix roars, causing rocks to fall from the cave's ceiling. Then in the episode where Brock had his sick day, it was shown more like in the games, where the Pokemon (Brock's Onix) levitates rocks from on the ground and beneath the ground and they fly at the foe. Then in the Rustboro gym Geodude uses Rock Throw by slamming its fist into the rocky field, sending dozens of rocks flying at the foe. I prefer the latter two.

Its odd that some attacks like Rock Slide, which are used so often in the games, are hardly ever used in the anime (a giant Magcargo is the only one I recall using it and its wasn't that impressive, it just slammed its body into a rocky hill).

Quote Originally Posted by Lupin
    It is, why don't you submit that to Joe and he might put it up
    Perhaps because he also posts such summaries elsewhere and doesn't want any confusion/fights over who has a right to what?
    Last edited by Pokemon Fan; 16th November 2004 at 7:48 PM.

I don't think Rock Blast actually DID any damage, Pokemon Fan. Armaldo certainly intended for it to do damage, but it appeared that Meowth was able to dodge.

And as for your descriptions above, yeah I agree. (Although I don't remember Onix using Rock Throw in the ep where Brock was sick.) And remember in the ep where everyone was battling over Togepi, Brock told Onix to use Rock Throw on Meowth, and Onix slammed its body down towards him. My theory is simple:

Rock Throw and Rock Blast involve thrown rocks if there are any around. If not, the Pokemon thrusts part of its own body at the opponent, filling it with Rock energy.
    Last edited by Geodude; 16th November 2004 at 8:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    I don't think Rock Blast actually DID any damage, Pokemon Fan. Armaldo certainly intended for it to do damage, but it appeared that Meowth was able to dodge.

And as for your descriptions above, yeah I agree. (Although I don't remember Onix using Rock Throw in the ep where Brock was sick.) And remember in the ep where everyone was battling over Togepi, Brock told Onix to use Rock Throw on Meowth, and Onix slammed its body down towards him. My theory is simple:

Rock Throw and Rock Blast involve thrown rocks if there are any around. If not, the Pokemon thrusts part of its own body at the opponent, filling it with Rock energy.
    That makes sence. Remember the Crystal Onix episode. It used Rock Throw and rocks fell from the ceiling.
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

Tate+Liza Guest

I HATE fossil Pokemon. Liza! Alright, alright, Mommy, I LOVE fossil Pokemon.(Mommy is my partner, I have to write what she wants)

I'm wondering how this episode will be treated when it comes time for it to be dubbed. I love the dub, but I know sometimes jokes can be lost with translation. I can tell from the Japanese title that it's a pun on "The Island of Dr. Moreau", which is very suitable for the episode. I wonder what 4Kids will do.

Could someone post pics of Giovanni from the guide here it sounds cool but the pics on the site really dont show anything

The Eh No Make Li'Dat Crew
    Crew|Notepad|PC|DT

This was an alright episode. Seeing Ash and May training their pokémon was cool, but it seems like they only had Bulbasaur learn Petal Dance so she could use it in the next episode. Kind of a last-minute thing on the writers' parts. The scene in the laboratory when Anorinth evolved and went on a rampage kinda reminded me of Mowtwo Strikes Back. Anorinth was recreated by a fossil, then got mad and destroyed the lab. Not really that silmilar, but I couldn't help but notice.
    ~

Just sent my guide for this ep to Serebii. Dogasu, you made a minor mistake...May didn't directly attack the cliff with Bulba's Petal Dance. Rather, the attack deflected off TR's mech (where it did no damage), THEN hit the cliff. So it was sort of a stroke of luck that they stopped the mech that way.

suavesky Guest

......................................Ash never ask for hand outs
    Ash: hey do you guys have any spare antrorith dna or eggs
    what an idiot

why was there aerodactyl, Omastar and Kabuto in Meowth's fantasy?
    and Giovanni is so muscular for someone who sits around on a chair stroking a persian all day
    This episode was good, except Bulba learned petal dance to easily......

Almaldo ruled! but they didn't explain why Almaldo could use watergun.... and the only point Forretress had was ruined by Almaldo being a naughty little poop head.... Almaldo is picky about what it eats isn't it?

8/10
    Last edited by Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior; 31st October 2005 at 5:41 PM.
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

I liked this episode, but I missed the first two minutes or so. The first bit I saw was Max finding Cradily. I hate the title with a passion, but the episode made up for it.

And suavesky, you're an idiot. The pokemon were not Ash's to obtain, as they are secret property of the research lab. Just saying is all.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

---Kyogre007--- Guest

Default Please...

Can somebody please tell me the dubbed names of Dr Moroboshi and Annu?

Dr Moroboshi was named to Dr Proctor (which has already been used)

Blaziken master Guest

I remember that the Dr was called Professor Procter

---Kyogre007--- Guest

And what about Annu?

For anybody who saw this, did Armaldo's voice remain the same? I almost died laughing every time it opened it's mouth and went "AAAAAAAAAAAAA!"
    Diamond Friend Code - 3265 1538 6780

This one looks really good! Can't wait for Saturday!

Diamond and Pearl
    I'm your biggest fan,
    I'll follow you until you love me<3
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/zvo3zt.gif[/IMG]

Blaziken master Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fizban
    For anybody who saw this, did Armaldo's voice remain the same? I almost died laughing every time it opened it's mouth and went "AAAAAAAAAAAAA!"
    It was changed to just saying is name.It isn't that original either

---Kyogre007--- Guest

Blaziken master, please tell me the dubbed name for Annu (Pr. Proctor`s assistant)...

Annie.

Okay, just halfway through the episode, and I have to say that this one has good voice direction. And the TC was the best yet.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Nice epyy ^-^

*watches as TR blasts off*

I laughed when James said that thing about the smell (extinct) I forgot what it was though...

the episode was a bit good........... Cradily is sooooooo kawaii and Bulbasaur's Petal Dance was kewl........ 8/10

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast