Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where's Armaldo? (379)

This was a good episode, it started off slow but it picked up the pace soon.

All 4 Hoenn fossil Pokemon were introduced and scanned, too bad Armaldo is the only one that got signifigant screentime.

TR had some funny lines today about entrepeneurship, not to mention taking the scientist guy and violently throwing him off their tank.

I guess this episode is only semi-filler since May's Bulba learned a new attack. Did anyone notice Ash look incredibly angry once TR threw the scientist to the ground? That was good animation.

I also liked it that Ash and May were actually training in the beginning of the episode, something those two need to do more often.

Overall a solid filler that debuted the Hoenn fossil Pokemon.

Best Trainer's choice ever, trivia from the first episode of Pokemon that wasn't as easy to remember either.

I hope May hosts the Trainer's choice one day.
    Last edited by CyberCubed; 19th November 2005 at 4:39 PM.

Question: What was Ash's first starter choice?
    Answer: Squirtle

IT'S A MIRACLE! We have to think about a Trainer's choice for once!

Anyways, decent episode, but Breloom and Cradliy looking alike? What the?
    8/10

P.S. Meowth loves a buff boss. XD

Quote Originally Posted by blaziken's_charizard
    Nice epyy ^-^

*watches as TR blasts off*

I laughed when James said that thing about the smell (extinct) I forgot what it was though...
    here it is word for word
    Jessie: Why?! Why can't we ever win?
    James: But all I really wanted was to have something ancient!
    Meowth: Alright then, here's something for ya that's really gettin' old!
    All: We're blasting off again! *bing*
    TR=Pwned again.
    I really liked it too!

I enjoyed how the dubbers are trying to make the Trainer's Choice more challenging.

Ash: Trainers! Which one of these Pokemon was my original choice as a starter?
    Ash: Ok, trainers, if you chose Squirtle, you were right!
    That really caught me off guard!

I liked how they brought the japanese sixth theme back as the battle background music, they haven't had that for a few eps. And it played for a while this time. I really like that song. My rateing =10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    Dr Moroboshi was named to Dr Proctor (which has already been used)
    You know what's funny is that the first time I heard that I thought she pronounced it as Dr. Brockter, a modification of Brock's name, which was perfectly timed since at that moment Brock was doing his flirty thing.
    Last edited by MISTYFAN4EVER8887; 19th November 2005 at 5:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Best Trainer's choice ever, trivia from the first episode of Pokemon that wasn't as easy to remember either.
    I thought you'd be able to answer easy with your high interest in Squirtle.

Hosts it.... with her breasts!
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    I thought you'd be able to answer easy with your high interest in Squirtle.
    I meant for other people. I knew it was Squirtle before the commercial break, but I was afraid that 4kids would get it wrong since Bulbasaur was the first starter he actually caught. To my surprise, 4kids actually got it right and picked Squirtle. My goodness, 4kids must have fired the guy who did the Advance Challenge trainer choices and hired a guy who knows the games AND the show. Thank you 4kids for making the Trainer's Choice fun again!

Hosts it.... with her breasts!
    May: Ok, trainers! Which one of these girls has the largest chest?

::shows picture of Misty, May, or Delia::

Wow! I've been waiting to see this episode for eons! IMO, this episode was fantastic because Armaldo is ONE of my most favorite Hoenn pokemon of all time and I couldn't wait to see a REAL Armaldo(not like in lights, camerupt, action). Overall, I thought Armaldo was awesome! Like everyone else, I thought it could have been ancient power instead of rock blast. The Giovanni fantasy was weird, though.
    Last edited by WaterDragon trainer; 19th November 2005 at 4:55 PM.

This was a good episode, it started off slow but it picked up the pace soon.

All 4 Hoenn fossil Pokemon were introduced and scanned, too bad Armaldo is the only one that got signifigant screentime.

TR had some funny lines today about entrepeneurship, not to mention taking the scientist guy and violently throwing him off their tank.

I guess this episode is only semi-filler since May's Bulba learned a new attack. Did anyone notice Ash look incredibly angry once TR threw the scientist to the ground? That was good animation.

I also liked it that Ash and May were actually training in the beginning of the episode, something those two need to do more often.

Overall a solid filler that debuted the Hoenn fossil Pokemon.

That isnt to bad of an idea there Cubed,as Ash's voice actore,imo,sucks. Mays is a bit better. Thought I would like Brock to do it. Gives him something to do.

Well overall the episode was somewhat appealing. Bulba learning new move. Debut(in americaz) of Fossil Hoenn Dudes. And Trainers Choice!I ACTUALLY COULDNT DO IT.
    9/10 for giving the Prof. A name thats been used.
    wow this place really dropped off in activity huh.

^ Ash and May have the same voice actress you know. They're both done by Veronica Taylor. But I agree, let May announce the episode title and host the Trainer choices for once.

^ Ash and May have the same voice actress you know. They're both done by Veronica Taylor. But I agree, let May announce the episode title and host the Trainer choices for once.
    >_> I know,I meant by how they sound. I want Ash to have a voice like. Krillin. Or something. They sound a lot better than his right now. But I'm getting off-topic now.
    wow this place really dropped off in activity huh.

*stabs the singing coconut*...Anyways, this episode was pretty good. I did get a little turned on when I saw Meowth's vision of the boss. (I'm a sad person). And as for the Trainer Choice...well let's just say, I had to look at the first episode again to see if they were right. Well I'm impressed.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

LOL. You know medea, I think that singing coconut won't be on before commercial break because he was only there to advertise Newvember(for the month of November obviously). Only 1 more Saturday left of November which means that we'll only have to put up with that obnoxious coconut one more time. Thank God!
    Last edited by WaterDragon trainer; 19th November 2005 at 6:02 PM.

Nah, don't think t'was that.

*eats Coconut Fred* Yummeh

Wow, 4kids did somethign right for once, I bet about half the kids don't even know what Ash's first choice was. A little treat for us oldies... geez that made me feel really old. (Old person impression) In my day Pokemon was on sindication and they only had a less then a season of episodes, and they repeated the same episdoes over and over again, though the nice thing in my city it was in the same hour with Sailor Moon. (end imprssion) Well you get the idea. (Yep I've been a fan since the beggining, I even saw the specal Battle Abord the ST. Anne episode)
    One day... one day in the future... I will get over my hatred of Betas... when that day comes you will be able enjoy my fics in all it's glory...

Unless you hate crossovers and AUs... then your pretty much screwed...

I'm sorry. I thought the Trainer's Choice was Bulbasaur.

I think cradily, lileep, and anoroth didn't get enough screen time. I always thought cradily would have a deep voice.
    [IMG]http://i1.*******.com/sgmiwk.jpg[/IMG]

-Banner made by Saffire Persian.
    -I've claimed Jynx in the Bishie thread.

Yeah, TazzlerLuva. I thought Cradily would have an awesome dub voice, but it didn't. IMO, Armaldo had a great dub voice.

Yeah, May should announce the title for one of her contest episodes.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Yeah, May should announce the title for one of her contest episodes.
    Why just her? Why not Brock???

Lemme put it this way...what signficance whatsoever does Brock have on this saga?

(Slept through the episode because I forgot to set my alarm, so can't comment on it until next Friday's repeat)
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Suikun
    Lemme put it this way...what signficance whatsoever does Brock have on this saga?

(Slept through the episode because I forgot to set my alarm, so can't comment on it until next Friday's repeat)
    When you put it that way, I'm wrong. I'll have to sleep on that...zzzzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Suikun
    Well, for one thing, if Brock wasn't there, Max would feel all that wind blowing from the West and would be likely to topple over. Brock is the #1 drift provider.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Well, for one thing, if Brock wasn't there, Max would feel all that wind blowing from the West and would be likely to topple over. Brock is the #1 drift provider.
    Why was there Max in the first place???

LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Dude
    Why was there Max in the first place???
    Because he's May's darling little brother. He automatically gets bonus points for having such a hot sister. (And his mother is quite a looker as well...rawr.)

Because he's May's darling little brother. He automatically gets bonus points for having such a hot sister. (And his mother is quite a looker as well...rawr.)
    So no points for his uselessness?

For the first time in a long time, LMAOed at this episode. That was especially when TR goes:
    Quote Originally Posted by IAM4MISTY / TR
    At least they know it's getting old...which makes it so funny, IMO.
    TR was violent in the ep when they threw the professor off the tank...YAY for violence! May's Bulbasaur played a great role in the episode, and I now have a better appreciation for Cradily. They made it so adorable. XP And the Trainer Choice...wow. I wish they did that more often. That was the first time I actually got it wrong. o.o;;;
    The only complaint I have for this episode was Armaldo's voice...it was too human like 0_o;; It was annoying.
    Overall, great filler! 9/10
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast