Thread: Come Rate *Insert witty Team name here*!

Default Come Rate *Insert witty Team name here*!

OK, I know it's not 'uber impressive', but help and give me some advice.

Empoleon (Calm) @ Mystic Water
    Lv. 100
    - Ice Beam
    - Pluck
    - Surf
    - Hydro Cannon

Forretress (Brave) @ Fist Plate
    Lv. 100
    - Gyro Ball
    - Bug Bite
    - Revenge
    - Counter

Gengar (Adamant) @ Mind Plate
    Lv. 66
    - Dream Eater
    - Hypnosis
    - Dark Pulse
    - Energy Ball

Salamence (Timid) @ ???
    Lv. 57
    - Fly
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Crunch
    - ???

Scizor (Mild) @ ???
    Lv. 56
    - Double Team
    - Iron Head
    - X-Scissor
    - Night Slash

Rhydon (Lonely) @ ???
    Lv. 52
    - Horn Drill
    - Hammer Arm
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake

I'm probably going to scrap Rhydon, so if you have any suggestions for that slot, I'll appreciate it.
    Last edited by ToonLinkBrawler; 30th July 2009 at 4:17 AM. Reason: Added Levels
    "Alright! Use PokéFlame, Charlax!" - George "Dubbaya" Bush, Robot Chicken

Pokemon Platinum FC: Shawn - 4340 0560 5986

Spoiler:- Currently Owned Legendaries::

I have claimed the all-powerful Togepi!
    Toge-triii!

Quote Originally Posted by ToonLinkBrawler View Post

Empoleon (Calm) @ Leftovers (Items that power up 1 type of move are completely worthless.
    - Ice Beam
    - Grass Knot
    - Surf
    - Yawn

Pluck is a bad move here. Go with Grass Knot to nail some Water types. Hydro Cannon and all moves that take up 2 turns are outclassed. Using Surf twice during the time you recover from using Hydro Cannon and stuff you'll be doing more damage. 95 x 2 = 190 from 2 surfs, which is greater than 150 from Hydro Cannon. Use Yawn to put something asleep.

Forretress (Brave) @ Fist Plate
    - Gyro Ball
    - Bug Bite
    - Revenge
    - Counter

I honestly think that Forretress, Skarmory, Umbreon and some other wallish pokemon are horrible for In-Game purposes. I don't know much about this guy, but I know his moveset and item are bad.

Gengar (Timid) @ Wise Glasses
    - Focus Blast
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Energy Ball

Adamant nature reduces Special Attack, that's bad since that's all Gengar should be using. That is one horrible move set ;>_> For starters, Hypnosis and Dream Eater might seem like an "OMG this is such an awesome combo!" but really, it's stupid. 60% chance of putting something to sleep is bad. Dream Eater has 100 power, I mean, that's good, but the coverage and only working on a sleeping foe makes it very bad. Replace these crappy moves with Thunderbolt and Focus Blast for much more coverage.

Another thing on the Dream Eater crap. Shadow Ball gets STAB, so it actually gets 120 Power, meaning it's stronger than Dream Eater and you can hit things from turn one. Actually, you don't even have Shadow Ball on Gengar. You have Dark Pulse instead... Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball hit the exact same stuff from Super Effective damage, but since Shadow Ball is a ghost type move and so is Gengar, that means that Shadow Ball's 120 Base Power is stronger than Dark Pulse's 80. Yeah, this guy needs work...

Salamence (Adamant) @ Leftovers
    - Dragon Claw
    - Eathquake
    - Aqua Tail
    - Dragon Dance

Fly is a horrible move, as all 2 turn moves are. Just teach a worthless Pokemon Fly so you can still get around. You don't have a Dragon Type move >_> Add Dragon Claw... Zen Headbutt gets crap coverage. The only time you should be using a Psychic type move is on a Psychic type Pokemon. Replace this with Earthquake. Aqua Tail with Dragon Claw gets neutral hits on everything except Empoleon and Shedinja. It's better than Crunch really =/

Scizor (Adamant) @ Choice Band / Muscle Band
    - Brick Break
    - Iron Head
    - X-Scissor
    - Night Slash / Swords Dance

Double Team is gay. While your using it, your most likely gonna get hit >_> Replace this with Brick Break for some coverage against Steel Types that otherwise wall you. Use a Choice Band if you go with Night Slash or go with Muscle Band if you go with Sword's Dance.

Rhyperior (Adamant) @ Leftovers
    - Avalanche
    - Hammer Arm / Sword's Dance / Aqua Tail
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake

Evolve him =o

Horn Drill and all OHKO moves are unreliable, unless your the AI lol. Replace it with Avalanche to take advantage of his low speed and stuff, plus, it gives very nice coverage with Earthquake Hammer Arm is just... I don't know... Use Swords Dance or Aqua Tail or something.

I'm probably going to scrap Rhydon, so if you have any suggestions for that slot, I'll appreciate it.
    It needs work. Especially Gengar... Yeah... Anyways, changes and comments in BOLD.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 4339-2697-2470

Forretress (Brave) @ Leftovers
    Lv. 100
    - Gyro Ball
    - Explosion
    - Spikes / Stealth Rock
    - Counter

Counter a hit, then Explode or Gyro Ball your opponent. Spikes and SR are not that great ingame, but Forretress' moveset is pitiful.
    156 Pokemon in the Unova dex. 6 of them are event Pokemon.
    151 Pokemon in the Kanto dex. 1 of them is an event Pokemon.

When you see it...

Quote Originally Posted by ToonLinkBrawler View Post

Empoleon (Calm) @ Choice Specs/Wise Glasses/Leftovers
    Lv. 100
    - Ice Beam
    - Grass Knot
    - Surf
    - Toxic/Flash Cannon/Yawn

Don't put things like Mystic Water and all that. It only boosts one type and it doesn't help at all, really. Use Choice Items, Muscle Bands, Expert Belts, Wise Glasses, etc.

Grass Knot is better, and can take down opposing Water-types like Suicune and Swampert, especially Swampert, which can end you with Earthquake. Toxic is an option I don't know why I suggested, but Flash Cannon can be preferred as well, for STAB. Otherwise, Yawn is also a good option to give yourself a free sweep.

Forretress (Brave) @ Leftovers
    Lv. 100
    - Gyro Ball
    - Bug Bite
    - Revenge
    - Counter

I honestly have nothing to change except the item. Otherwise, good :P

Gengar (Modest/Timid) @ Wise Glasses/Focus Sash
    Lv. 66
    - Thunderbolt
    - Energy Ball
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast

What the f***, an Adamant nature? Of all things?!

Modest is undoubtedly better because it boosts it's Sp.Atk, and lowers it's useless Attack stat. Otherwise, you can also go for Timid to give yourself a boost against faster things. Thunderbolt is preferred, so is Focus Blast. And good gravy, why Dark Pulse instead of Shadow Ball? That's really good STAB!

Well, Energy Ball on Water/Ground types, so yeah. This thing needs work, seriously.

Salamence (Adamant) @ Leftovers/Muscle Band/Yache Berry/Choice Band
    Lv. 57
    - Aerial Ace
    - Dragon Claw
    - Aqua Tail/Earthquake/Stone Edge
    - Dragon Dance

Fly is horrible. All 2 turn moves are horrible. Why'd you pick something horrible? Aerial Ace is better, since it doesn't miss. Though you're losing power, it's better than Fly in most cases. And you didn't put Dragon Claw. Dragon-types are godly and you didn't put Dragon Claw. Jesus.

Aqua Tail can take down Rock-types, Fire-types, Ground-types and anything else weak to it. Earthquake destroys Steel-types, Rock-types and all that. Stone Edge kills Ice-types and Flying-types, plus Bugs, which Aerial Ace laughs at. Pick your move

Dragon Dance boosts you even further

Scizor (Adamant) @ Muscle Band/Leftovers
    Lv. 56
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - X-Scissor
    - Brick Break

Hihi, I'm cheap

Swords Dance will boost Bullet Punch even further, and almost always guarantees you kill everything in your sight, minus Fire and Steel-types. X-Scissor is good STAB, killing Psychic and Dark-types. Brick Break is for Steel-types, who otherwise still wall you. Things like Steelix, yeah?

Rhydon (Brave) @ Leftovers
    Lv. 52
    - Avalanche
    - Curse
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake

Avalanche, please. And evolve it! Rhyperior is better in every spectrum. That's why it was created -______-

Avalanche is stronger when you are slow, which is always guaranteed. Curse can boost you even further, and gives you good defense, and you speed is already forgettable. Stone Edge and Earthquake are the best STAB ever. This set is okay, especially with Solid Rock.

Your team needs tweaking, honestly. Changes/comments in bold.
    3DS Friend Code: 0404 - 7523 - 0951 - Feel free to add me

X Team (Dale): Kangaskhan, Weavile, Starmie, Garchomp, Chansey, Gliscor
    OR Team: Sceptile, Sableye, Aggron, Milotic, Altaria, Manectric
    AS Team (new copy, ugh): Undecided
    As of December 13, I lost my copy of Alpha Sapphire, and over half of my competitive Pokemon and shinies + event legendaries with it. The worst f*** up in my entire life.