Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Error and Misprint List

Hello! I am making this thread for people to discuss or ask if their card is a misprint, maybe fake. For example, if something on the card is off a little, you could post that sort of thing, or if you have a misprinted card. Please be nice and no profanity.
    -Happy discussing!

P.S. Sorry if this is a bad introduction as this is my first thread.
    Last edited by SkittyOnWailord; 2nd July 2011 at 9:46 AM.
    I AM FROM THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. IF YOU ARE TOO COPY AND PASTE THIS IN YOUR SIG

3DS FC: 2836-0208-8979

Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Oddish, Quilladin, and Swadloon

English Black FC: 1893 2202 1899 OT: Tarro

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    -RNG abuse actually takes skill. Trying to make a 1/1366, let alone 1/8192 event happen with luck til it happens screams you don't have a life.
    - The biggest draw to RNGed pokemon is for flawless IVs, which are way more useful than a color swap.
    - It's an exploitable in-game feature, just like EVs and IV breeding.
    - Nintendo notes that it is legal; it's not cheating by their own definitions.

i have a missprint team rocket's meowth

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Great idea Tarro57. One thing I would add is that people should say what the actual misprint is.

Quote Originally Posted by kris198921 View Post
    i have a missprint team rocket's meowth
    Like this. What exactly is wrong with your TR's Meowth?

And while I'm here I think I'll show off a few of my misprints.

A few SF cards with miscut backs. And the back is even upsidedown. That picture is upright.

Double stamped W stamped Wartortle.

Victorybell with 3 square corners.

Miscut Charizard G Lv.X.

Miscut Medicham.

Square cut Japanese Misty.

Wartortle that evolves from Wartortle.

Miscut Empoleon Lv.X tin.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Quote Originally Posted by SkittyOnWailord View Post
    Great idea Tarro57. One thing I would add is that people should say what the actual misprint is.

Like this. What exactly is wrong with your TR's Meowth?

And while I'm here I think I'll show off a few of my misprints.

A few SF cards with miscut backs. And the back is even upsidedown. That picture is upright.

Double stamped W stamped Wartortle.

Victorybell with 3 square corners.

Miscut Charizard G Lv.X.

Miscut Medicham.

Square cut Japanese Misty.

Wartortle that evolves from Wartortle.

Miscut Empoleon Lv.X tin.
    Cool misprints! The Medicham makes you wonder what the card to the right of it is, doesn't it? Sorry I didn't put what a misprint is as well. Would you mind showing the front of those two backwards off-cut cards you have?

I also have an EX Holon Phantoms Latias (Delta Species) #11 a bit of a misprint. This might be the same with all of the cards but the symbol in the bottom left corner, the actual black part of it is off center. If it's not an error in the card let me know.
    -PIECE(ish)
    I AM FROM THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. IF YOU ARE TOO COPY AND PASTE THIS IN YOUR SIG

-RNG abuse actually takes skill. Trying to make a 1/1366, let alone 1/8192 event happen with luck til it happens screams you don't have a life.
    - The biggest draw to RNGed pokemon is for flawless IVs, which are way more useful than a color swap.

the only known error team rocket meowth has pokemon species as scratchcat pokemon instead of scratch cat pokemon. i also have kyoger ex and groudon ex missing a word in the second attack. i just pulled a full faced reshiram with part of the rare symbol covered up

I don't really have any misprints. I do have an old diglett card w/ square corners, but that's it. Some people go cazy for misprints. I know that there is an old WotC Raichu misprint that says 'prerelease' on the bottom of it's picture. It's estimated price is $15,000 - $30,000 'cause there's only about 8 of them. I don't beleive anyone would pay that much for a sparkling peice of cardboard. I can just imagine some 8 year old having one, leaving it on his livingroom floor for his dog to tear it to shreads... heh.

TBTF EGC ACbay deviantART RNtMA
    Friend Safari: Shellgon, Gabite, Druddigon

3DS FC: 2320 6135 5667
    NN ID: TheUglyBarnacle

Quote Originally Posted by Tarro57 View Post
    Would you mind showing the front of those two backwards off-cut cards you have?
    I don't have time right now to take the pictures. But I do have some other ones like them that I have pictures of.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...1/DSC00419.jpg
    ^Back.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...1/DSC00418.jpg
    ^Front.

i just pulled a full faced reshiram with part of the rare symbol covered up
    Actually that's one way to tell that you got the later print run of it. Just like how the first print run of Zekrom had the black background while the later ones have a gray background.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldeo 647 View Post
    I don't really have any misprints. I do have an old diglett card w/ square corners, but that's it.
    That's pretty nice. Most cards with square corners sell for $30+ each.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldeo 647 View Post
    Some people go cazy for misprints. I know that there is an old WotC Raichu misprint that says 'prerelease' on the bottom of it's picture. It's estimated price is $15,000 - $30,000 'cause there's only about 8 of them. I don't beleive anyone would pay that much for a sparkling peice of cardboard. I can just imagine some 8 year old having one, leaving it on his livingroom floor for his dog to tear it to shreads... heh.
    I can garantee that no little kids have one of those. There's a long story to them, but lets just say that they weren't ever in packs. And about 2 years ago someone actually sold one for $14,000 in a privite sale. That pre-release Raichu and Illustrator are tied for being the rarest/most expensive Pokemon cards.
    なにがでるかな!?

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Would something as simple as a ard being numbered wrong be considered a misprint? I have a holographic Clefable from the Expedition series. The number on the card is 41/165(which is for the uncommun not hollow Clefable) the number should be 7/165. I looked up pictures of both cards just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by TensaZangetsu View Post
    Would something as simple as a ard being numbered wrong be considered a misprint? I have a holographic Clefable from the Expedition series. The number on the card is 41/165(which is for the uncommun not hollow Clefable) the number should be 7/165. I looked up pictures of both cards just to be sure.
    Yep, that's a misprint alright. That is pretty cool. Would you mind uploading a picture up for us to see? That could sell for some good cash, I don't know how much, but that's cool!

I have a Dark Vilepume with a fighting weakness and a specie Mew.

I have claimed the beast that is Shieldon.
    Credits to Geekachu for my amazing licky.
        Spoiler:- The rest of my sig:

Quote Originally Posted by skittyonwailord View Post
    that's pretty nice. Most cards with square corners sell for $30+ each.
    Really? If only I kept it in better condition... It's lost color 'cause of light and It has multiple scratches. It may be peeling too, IDK. I got the thing from my cousin when I was like 6.

Quote Originally Posted by skittyonwailord View Post
    i can garantee that no little kids have oneof those. There's a long story to them, but lets just say that they weren't ever in packs. And about 2 years ago someone actually sold one for $14,000 in a privite sale. That pre-release raichu and illustrator are tied for being the rarest/most expensive pokemon cards.
    They weren't in packs? Hm. How did people get a hold of 'em then? I know my parents freak when ever I spend $20 on a single card . It took me like 2 weeks for me to convince them to let me spend $90 on a Base set 1st Ed. pack.

TBTF EGC ACbay deviantART RNtMA
    Friend Safari: Shellgon, Gabite, Druddigon

3DS FC: 2320 6135 5667
    NN ID: TheUglyBarnacle

I have many square-cut base set holo cards. These were never in packs. I got them from a friend who use to work at WOTC. Not sure how they ended up with square corners...

If anyone is interested in buying some please send me a message. They're in near mint/mint condition. I have Mewtwo, Ninetails, Hitmonchan and Gyarados.

Probably because he just took the terribly printed cards for free.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

I have a Kabutops 7/92 from Legend Maker card set with golden text at its name and HP..is it misprint or anything?? 'Cause everywhere I check its picture it's black text...
    //edit I guess it's called a Reverse Holo eh..
    Last edited by Ga|2y; 21st May 2011 at 4:43 PM.
    Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness Player

Points For Next Rank: 40912

Has anyone ever wondered if people that work at the card companies make the misprinted cards on purpose?

i have heard rumors that some people that work in card manufacturing company's making some cards in error form and then taking them before they are sold in packs and then hiding or breaking the card mold so they have the only copies and selling them for lots of money.

i have heard rumors that some people that work in card manufacturing company's making some cards in error form and then taking them before they are sold in packs and then hiding or breaking the card mold so they have the only copies and selling them for lots of money.
    pft. cheaters...

its one way to do it

I one time had an Ominite that evolved from Prinplup.
    Welcome to SPPf! Where everything's made up and the points don't matter! Yup, the points are like...any argument in this forum!

I have claimed Wooper!

Quote Originally Posted by 2D Thom View Post
    I one time had an Ominite that evolved from Prinplup.
    ???What???
    What happened to it?

I have a Gardevoir Lv. X that is cut off by about 2.5 cm. off to the right. Sorry, quick post...

I have a legit Shinx Promo that was a misprint. The back of the card is upside down.

Cresselia 2/100 of Majestic Dawn. The printing is really off; as in, one of the yellow borders is too thin while the other one is too large. On Future Sight, "deck" is printed as "beck" and on Healing Light, "your" is "yir." The bottom of the card, where it as the Pokedex excerpt isn't capitalized or complete. Literally, here is what it says. shiny particles are released from its wings like a veil. is said to represent the crescent moon. It also looks like the holo-sparkling-things are just printed on there; they don't sparkle, like it's part of the artwork. Generally, lotta errors here.

Wondering if I should keep it as a rare card ("Oh my God this must be a rare misprint I can sell it on eBay for ten bucks!") or render it a useless fake. I'll keep it for now, at least.

it kind of sounds fake

it kind of sounds fake
    I agree. That card sound exactly like one of the more common fakes. Can you post a picture or scan of it?
    なにがでるかな!?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast