Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: NU Team (no not using smogon's crappy tiers)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Costa del 'ull
    Posts
    738

    Default NU Team (no not using smogon's crappy tiers)

    Right so this team was inspired by brikien93's NU team, which used a tier made of true NU pokes. Not like smogon's which is basically all the UU pokemon, minus a few which stayed in the UU tier. It is a rain dance team as when i looked through the tier list it seemed the most destructive force, my main two sweepers being Lumineon and Qwilfish, though the Team is not revolved around their sweeping, as Qwilfish attacks early game to kill as much as possible before blowing up. Then lumineon picks up the pieces later on.

    At a Glance:



    Now for an in depth look:



    Purugly@Damp Rock/lumberry
    -Jolly
    -ThickFat
    6HP/252Atk/252Spe
    -FakeOut
    -U-turn
    -Taunt
    -Rain Dance

    My lead. Purugly is possibly the most overused lead in this NU tier, as it has the highest base speed in the tier, along with u-turn/taunt/hypnosis/fake out, it has a natural build for a lead. Rain dance is placed over the usual hypnosis, as it allows me to begin the game aggresively. Since most NU leads are based upon setting up SR or some other hazard or status, taunt is invaluable, and also lets me get in Qwilfish relatively unscathed due to most leads having crappy attacking power. Damp Rock is obvious, although i'm considering lumberry so that if i loose the speed tie with other purugly i'm not put to sleep. Unfortunately the only pokemon in NU that learn both SR and RD are Corsola and Wigglytuff, and neither of them are a decent lead, so i can not set up both of those with my first pokemon, which would have been awesome.



    Qwilfish@Life Orb
    -Adamant
    -Swift Swim
    6Hp/252Atk/252Spe
    -Swords Dance
    -WaterFall
    -Explosion
    -Poison Jab

    Now usually i hate it when people have a structured game plan i.e "So my lead will kill there lead then die so i send in this which will kill loads of stuff" now normally this wouldn't work because of counters, however Qwilfish is relatively uncounterable in NU. For example leads in NU do pitiful damage to Qwilfish, and as such will most probably switch out, thus i get a free SD and have around 500+ speed and 600+ attack. And have 6 turns to sweep. The main answer to any water sweeper in NU is parasect who is KO'd by a +2 STAB'd super effective Posion Jab. Now if i'm met with something which i can't KO for some reason i blow up in their face, and plus two Explosion is going to kill anything in NU (except maybe maxHP/Def magcargo, but why the hell would i explode on him?).



    Chimecho@leftovers
    -Calm
    -Levitate
    252HP/160Def/96SpD
    -Protect
    -Wish
    -Toxic
    -Rain Dance

    My second rain dancer, as well as all around wall and supporter. Wish/Protect/Toxic let's me stall out and kill most things which lumineon wouldn't be able to kill. He is complete taunt bait, but most things in NU that run taunt are leads, and as such it doesn't matter as they are most likely dead, or unlikely to switch in. Now this pokemon, i'm finding, is relatively useless, as his main resistances (Fighting and ground) are basically none existant in NU, so he can never really come in without taking damage. I'm considering swapping him for Wigglytuff, who can run an identical moveset but with better overall defenses.

    (**** YEAH)

    Lumineon@Life Orb
    -Modest
    -Swift Swim
    6Hp/252SpA/252Spe
    -Hidden Power Electric
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Air Cutter

    Special Sweeping Lumineon, The Special side of my two sweepers, who go relatively unwalled in NU. Hidden Power electric still has use in NU, as it hits other waters who resist Surf, and is chosen over grass as Pellipper and Qwilfish take neutral from HP grass. Aiming to Get a Hidden Power to hit other pokemon that this set can't hit super effective is pointless, since Surf will hit for pseudo-super effective damage anyway, and will hit harder. Air cutter is only for Parasect, as it hits harder than ice beam, and because Lumineon has no other usable options, really.



    Parasect@Leftovers
    -Impish
    -Dry Skin
    252HP/136Def/120SpD
    -Spore
    -X-scissor
    -SeedBomb
    -Aromatherapy

    My answer to other water types trying to take advantage of the Rain, Dry skin also replenishes my health every turn, making parasect even more useable, he also allows me to heal paralysis on my team, which is crippling to my lumineon and Qwilfish, who need their high speed. Spore is their for obvious reasons, since it and Breloom are the only two fully evolved pokemon to learn it, i believe. X-scissor and Seed Bomb get dual STAB, though X-scissor gets reatively poor coverage in NU, due to the amount of bug and/or flying types, so i am considering replacing it for ne of Parasects other support options, such as stun spore.



    Magcargo@Leftovers
    -Calm
    -Flamebody
    252HP/40Def/216SpD
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Hidden Power Rock
    -Recover
    -StealthRock

    My Special Wall, now you may think "WTF??? Fire Type in Rain Dance Team? Ar You MAD??" Well yes, however this has reason behind it. Without Magcargo i was very very very open for a late game sweep from one of the many bug and/or fliers in NU. Also Rain Dance heightening his fire weakness doens't matter considering he'll die from any fire move that hits him anyway. Hidden Power Rock gets STAB and hits both bug and flying type for Super Effective damage, so is preferable to Flamethrower, who also gets unSTAB'd due to rain. Recover is what makes magcargo such a Great NU wall, as it can take numerous hits and just lol off the damage. Stealthrock makes it harder for the said bug and/or flying types to switch in, and is just a great move to use in the tier. Will-o-wisp seems pretty crappy, since i have chimecho spreading poison and parasect spreading sleep, more status just seems OTT. So i may replace for one of the screens.

    Okay this is my NU team, please read the next post, as it includes the tier list, so any "*insert Smogon labelled NU pokemon here* Sweeps your team" comments please.
    I'd put "Sig under construction".
    But i'd probably get banned, again.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Costa del 'ull
    Posts
    738

    Default

    Here's the tier list:
    • Ariados
    • Beautifly
    • Carnivine
    • Castform
    • Chatot
    • Cherrim
    • Chimecho
    • Corsola
    • Delcatty
    • Delibird
    • Ditto
    • Dunsparce
    • Dustox
    • Exploud
    • Farfetch’d
    • Fearow
    • Furret
    • Glalie
    • Illumise
    • Kricketune
    • Ledian
    • Lumineon
    • Luvdisc
    • Magcargo
    • Masquerain
    • Mawile
    • Mightyena
    • Minun
    • Mothim
    • Parasect
    • Pachirisu
    • Pelipper
    • Pidgeot
    • Plusle
    • Purugly
    • Qwilfish
    • Sableye
    • Seaking
    • Spinda
    • Stantler
    • Sudowoodo
    • Sunflora
    • Unown
    • Volbeat
    • Wigglytuff
    • Wormadam (All 3)

    Will update later with threat list and building process, but going c/p'ing all the url's for the sprites was killing me, so i really was put off doing a team building process straight away. Please read the Tier list and criticise away
    I'd put "Sig under construction".
    But i'd probably get banned, again.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Devil's Island.
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Where's Medicham? Or Tauros? Or Regigigas?

    They are Smogon NU, and i dont disagree with it totally. it almost Unrateable because so mant threats just disappeared.

    Anyway, I can see some form of Sabeleye and maybe Dunsparce raping this team up with status, if thats anything to look at. Otherwise i dont know **** about NU, but i want to learn.

    Oh, and another obvious nitpick is to get another RD user, because after 6 turns, your team is relatively dry. (Hehe puns xD)
    Last edited by Kill.Mate.Repeat.; 31st July 2009 at 10:05 PM.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Gren Draco you make me blush lol.

    To be honest, i'm having a lot of trouble finding any blatent weaknesses. SubSalac chatot might give you some problems if it happens to be running around with HP-Rock (Which isn't unusual) or going standard with HP-Water. Other than that i'm having difficulty finding a hole.

    Sorry I can't be of more help, but i'm glad to see the RMT lol.

    If you feel the need to say "ur" and "urs" because it's shorter than "your" and "yours," then i'm going to say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

    Please stop using things like u, urs, plz, and 4. If you take the time to use proper spelling and grammar when making an RMT, raters will take the time to give you a proper rate and reply.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Costa del 'ull
    Posts
    738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kill.Mate.Repeat. View Post
    Where's Medicham? Or Tauros? Or Regigigas?
    lawlz.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kill.Mate.Repeat. View Post
    They are Smogon NU, and i dont disagree with it totally. it almost Unrateable because so mant threats just disappeared.
    i think it's fairly easy to just look at that tier list and see what will be a fairly powerful sweeper etc.
    Smogon NU is basically what it's UU was before it got changed, except some which where old UU have stayed in new UU. It was a pretty pointless change as they effectively just renamed the tiers and shifted some stuff around. And if you go by Smogon's NU a LOT of the really poor pokemon become outclassed entirely, and if a pokeon wa sOU and outclassed entirely it would be bumped down a tier, which is essentially what that NU tier list is, the pokemon which would be bumped down a bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kill.Mate.Repeat. View Post
    Anyway, I can see some form of Sabeleye and maybe Dunsparce raping this team up with status, if thats anything to look at. Otherwise i dont know **** about NU, but i want to learn.
    Why sableye? i don't understand what sableye could do when i outspeed and OHKO with lumineon/Qwilfish. Also i have Parasect healing all status on my team with aromatherapy, so dunsparce shouldn't be too much of a problem, especially if i can spore it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kill.Mate.Repeat. View Post
    Oh, and another obvious nitpick is to get another RD user, because after 6 turns, your team is relatively dry. (Hehe puns xD)
    i have only two rain dance sweepers though, and since both of them are virtually uncounterable i feel no need to include another Rain dancer, as that would just take up a slot and leave me open to more threats. Honestly, what would you replace for a Rain dance user that wouldn't leave me open against threats?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brikien93 View Post
    Gren Draco you make me blush lol.
    That's what she said

    Quote Originally Posted by Brikien93 View Post
    To be honest, i'm having a lot of trouble finding any blatent weaknesses. SubSalac chatot might give you some problems if it happens to be running around with HP-Rock (Which isn't unusual) or going standard with HP-Water. Other than that i'm having difficulty finding a hole.
    Hmm i guess, but honestly what can chatot come in against without getting hurt?
    i guess it could come in on Chimecho relatively easily, but even then it risks a toxic on the switch, then i'd simply have to stall it out. Though yes i see your point that if it does come in safely it's hard to get rid of, i'd have to sacrifice something to kill it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brikien93 View Post
    Sorry I can't be of more help, but i'm glad to see the RMT lol.
    Together, we will dominate CRMT with new NU teams!

    Thanks for the rates guys.
    I'd put "Sig under construction".
    But i'd probably get banned, again.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Devil's Island.
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Didnt spot Aromatherapy on Sect, my bad.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Needs moar stantler lolz

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Since when is tauros a NU poke?

    Cool NU team, i like!
    I have claimed Murkrow, for he has a totally sweet hat!

    Friend Code: 4511-9315-2660

    Youtube vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/B3ntVids.../2/ooz7DLj6t5c


  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Needs more girafirig

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Costa del 'ull
    Posts
    738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lazabeam View Post
    Needs moar stantler lolz
    inorite?

    Quote Originally Posted by benttwig33 View Post
    Since when is tauros a NU poke?

    Cool NU team, i like!
    kthanx

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Wobbuffet~ View Post
    Needs more girafirig
    Girafarig is obviously to awesome to be NU :-D

    I'm considering Corsola as a lead, as it gets raindance and SR, and also counter Chatot, which nothing else on my team can do. The only problem being how taunt bait it would be, since it would be running; RD, SR, Power Gem, Recover. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Gren Draco; 1st August 2009 at 12:35 PM.
    I'd put "Sig under construction".
    But i'd probably get banned, again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •