Thread: 1st/2nd gen IV calculator?

Default 1st/2nd gen IV calculator?

HG and SS have gotten me to get out my old games and play them again. The first time I played them, I didn't care about stuff like this, but now I'd like to give competitive battling a try. The only problem is all the IV calcs I find are for RSE and later. Do you know any calculators for RBYGSC?
    In progress: Platinum Nuzlocke

i have no idea where to find one, to be honest i don't even know if they exist.

You don't need one. To find out the IVs of your 1st/2nd Gen Pokemon, simply input the stats into an accurate 3rd/4th Gen calculator and divide the IVs you get by two, rounding down. So 30/31 would be 15, 28/29 would be 14, etc.

thanks, but what do I do about special? Just put it in for both sp. attack and def.?

For the RBY Special stat, you're going to have to find out what it turned into in GSC and beyond; Sp. Atk, or Sp. Def. Such information can be found at bulbapedia's Pokemon pages, near the stats section.

On Mewtwo's page for example, it says "This Pokémon's Special base stat in Generation I was 154." So just look above in the stats section, and find what special stat that number corresponds to(in this case, Sp. Atk).

It should also be noted that Sp. Atk and Sp. Def shared an IV in GSC to allow trades with RBY. So if you're calculating the IVs of a Pokemon in GSC, you only need to input one of its special stats.

kk thank you very much