Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fan Fiction Club

Whoosh! Keeping to my deadline, I finished my chapter yesterday! I kinda skipped on releasing it as my internet exploded on me yesterday and I decided it wasn't worth the effort to fix it, so had it proof-read instead. Yay. (My internet is still somewhat shot, bah).

Say you have a Pokemon-world character out to challenge the Gyms starting from scratch. What items does s/he need on this journey?

Considering it's unlikely they would go on such an adventure without stopping out to camp - stuff like a portable tent, sleeping bag... and of course, toilet paper. =P Basically the essentials would be up there, and if they weren't I'd imagine they would soon enough become one. Plus one of those super-special bottomless bags they have in the games nowadays. =P (Along with the handy dandy portable bike!) But some shelter equipment would be needed, I'd imagine. Food supplies not only for the trainer but their Pokemon as well (unless, say, the Pokemon was a herbivore, or hunted!), and a large supply of Pokeballs. Come to think of it, actually - I don't recall seeing many/any instances of a trainer realising they ran out of Pokeballs.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Argh, haven’t been here in a while! D: Just been busy, especially my workplace now requiring everyone to take all kinds of quizzes and training. >.> And I’m not going to answer the high school question because I’m kind of biased towards them. ^^;

Do you use any canon characters in your fics? If so, who?
    I used Cyrus in my one shot, but I don’t want to talk about it. XD; I also use Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny. Officer Jenny is one of the main characters for NE, actually, and I have a lot of fun writing her.

Do you like to have a promotional/advertising banner for your fic? Do you think it helps drag readers in?
    Yes and also I do think it helps drags the readers in. The latest NE banner I have people commenting how it’s a very good banner. XD

Say you have a Pokemon-world character out to challenge the Gyms starting from scratch. What items does s/he need on this journey?
    Teh list:

-pokeballs
    -food and snacks
    -A Pokemon, of course :P
    -tent/sleeping bag
    -clothing
    Last edited by Bay; 22nd September 2009 at 8:18 AM. Reason: forgot clothing. :x

Tumblr | FFnet | Author's Profile| Archive of Our Own | Banner: Umi Mizuno
    I'm still writing, but probably not much Pokemon stuff at the moment. HAM!

Pokeballs
    Potions/a first aid kit
    Change of clothes
    Toothbrush
    Food
    Depending on how adventurous the character- a multi-purpose tool
    A pillow, if they can fit it.
    My characters don't have these, but a sleeping bag, maybe.
    Possibly hygenic items

That's all I can think of
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 21 is up.

Poke Balls
    Pokechow
    Pokemon care items
    First aid kit
    Changes of clothing
    Camping gear
    etc.

Konbanha! I'm a ff writer and I'd really like to join. I mainly write Pokeshippy fanfics but I can write pretty much everything if it catches my interest! I hope I'm welcome! This is my ff.net page.

Do you use any canon characters in your fics? If so, who?

Always. Pokemon specifically: Ash and Misty always. Then it'll vary from Brock and May&Max or Brock and Dawn or Tracey or Mrs. Ketchum ^^, sometimes Gary

Do you like to have a promotional/advertising banner for your fic? Do you think it helps drag readers in?
    Yep, I usually put them at the beginning of my fic

Pokeballs
    Clothes
    FOOD!
    bag
    Bicycle
    Fishing rod and hooks
    berries!
    potions
    camping gear such as sleeping bag (I always wondered where in the world Misty and Ash fit theirs?)
    Last edited by XxM!styxX; 22nd September 2009 at 1:57 AM.
    Pokeshipper
    (n.): Because we don't forget 5five
    seasons, 4four cameos, 3three supporters,
    2two gifts, and 1one departure worth of emotions.

What are ya'll opinions on highschool fics that seem to be flooded with Pokemon characters!?
    If they're anything like usual High School-styled fics, the more main characters are usually more promienent than others, so I try to follow the more secondary characters... All to see what the author's goin' to do with 'em. Seriously, I actually make BETS on how certain secondary characters are going to be from time to time (And often lose, though when I win... Let's say it's a bit too much of a victory for me. XD)

You... You jerks! You already figured out how my sequel fic's going to go without trying to even guess! What kind of shot in the dark's that?! /rant

In all serious-ness, I consider the basic items a trainer needs with him/her would be the (Poké) balls, items, and, of course, money. Money is important, though I rarely make an attempt at showing the dialogue between money exchanged as a prize during battle (Heck, I rarely even write battles, considerin' how I have the tendancy to find myself in a slump where I keep believin' I can't write anything battle-related. XD).

Other than those, usually the PC has food and water for the weary trainer (Or so I've seen in the anime, and I believe some of the mangas use the PC as a trainer hub of sorts.)

... Other than those, I really can't think of much else. Probably simple camping essentials such as a toothbrush and a sleeping bag.
    [img]http://i35.*******.com/2s0bg9h.png[/img]
    3DS FC: 1032 - 1228 - 8506 (Be sure to VM/PM me if you add me)
    dA|FF.net|Youtube

What are ya'll opinions on highschool fics that seem to be flooded with Pokemon characters!?

I personally don't like them tbh. No offense but most of them that I've read are pretty lame... Totally OOC and they don't interest me. Because usually when I read POKEMON fiction, I look for POKEMON-esque things. lol Not high school. That's something I try to escape so memories of real high school don't dawn on me
    Pokeshipper

Maybe we should have a writing challenge where we do fics with various cliches and try to put new spins on them.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Well here's my list of what a Gym Trainer would need on a trip. Keep in mind, I wrote this as an in-store advert, so some of it is clearly 'buy stuff from us!'

Ah, why not? I'll post the whole advert.

‘Looking for the thrill of battle, the chase of power? We have all the items you need to become a true contender*! JOIN THE POKEMON LEAGUE CHALLENGE TODAY!

Recommended inventory for a new challenger:
    Traveler’s Pokedex or equivalent computer program (Region: 172SJ)
    PTDA or equivalent computer program
    Team Storage Unit (many styles and attachments available)
    TM/HM Holder
    League Official Gym Badge Box (many styles available)
    Multifunctional supply bag
    at least 10 Pokeballs (earn special ball for first bulk purchase!)
    Medicinal sprayer with interchangeable cartridges
    Medicinal cartridge storage unit
    Potion cartridges
    Antidote cartridges
    Anti-status cartridges (depending on area: Awakening, Burn Heal, Freeze Heal, Paralysis Heal)

Additional supplies available here or at other stores:
    Pokemon food and/or bait
    Camping supplies
    Rain/Snow/Desert gear
    Hiking boots (waterproof, non-skid soles. Optionally, steel toe guards)
    Fishing pole with gear and/or net
    Hat (protective qualities varying depending on area)
    Lantern or flashlight

See other fliers for supplies made for Coordinators, Pet Owners, and Workers. Starter packages available.

*better supplies become available for purchase with more badges!

This flier was made in cooperation with the Sea of Jasper Pokemon League by United Pokemart Associates.’

The PTDA is for Pokenav, Poketch, P*DA, and that kind of thing (Pokemon Trainer Digital Assistant, of course). Team Storage Unit refers to belt holders or such for Pokeballs with Pokemon in them.

Ah yes, toilet paper! That probably fits under camping supplies.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Simple!

A pokemon!

And a sidekick/companion that screams at the battling trainer for being so stupid. :3

Banner by Ash^_^

GAIZ! and gals

I'm so close to finishing the first challenge. If you look at my snazzy new avatar you'll see the main character!

I think I'll have to bow out of the next challenge though when it comes along, too many ideas whizzing around my head.

*goes back to mantra of "a few more pages" to help finish challenge*
    Skogsrĺ

Gardenia never liked the Old Chateau, but what if the Old Chateau liked her?

Author's Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani View Post
    Maybe we should have a writing challenge where we do fics with various cliches and try to put new spins on them.
    I'm really likin' this idea, considerin' playin' 'round with tropes and studyin' them is actually one of my fave hobbies.

And Diddy, I'm lookin' forward to see how you portray what he's now dubbed as, "Riverboat Blaine".
    [img]http://i35.*******.com/2s0bg9h.png[/img]
    3DS FC: 1032 - 1228 - 8506 (Be sure to VM/PM me if you add me)
    dA|FF.net|Youtube

And a sidekick/companion that screams at the battling trainer for being so stupid. :3
    *cough*AAML*coughcough*

I think you'd have to narrow down what you mean exactly by cliche ^^, like Brock being a black asian cuz he has squinty eyes? XD Or like certain Gym Leaders leaning toward using a certain type of Pokemon?

I'm having a hard time with the current challenge since I'm juggling 3 other fics at the same time =[ I really want to get around to it because it sounds like a lot of fun although I don't know many gym leaders. =[ not all that up to date with Pokemon anime/games (i only play them, i don't pay attention to gym leaders hehe) ^^;;
    Pokeshipper

Cliche like high school fics, chatroom fics, secret confessions fics, etc.
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Cliche like high school fics, chatroom fics, secret confessions fics, etc.
    I got a cliche!!! We need more timetravel Pokemon fics!!! That has to be the biggest cliche ever!!! But people just don't write them for Pokemon! D:

(usually seen in popular fanfics like Harry Potter, and Naruto)

It would be nice reading a Pokemon time travel fic...other than the one I've written. I need to steal some ideas!! XP

jk-ing!

It would just be a fresh of air to read an INTERESTING time-travel fic.

T . T

Take meh challenge!!! :3

Banner by Ash^_^

Heck, Pokemon has CANON time travel, so that'd be a good one to work with.

Yup. ^^ You've read my mind. lol.

Hopefully the timetravel won't go too far back in time... but it would be fun seeing lil Prof Oak being messed with a bit. XP

Banner by Ash^_^

We should make a list then.

-school fics
    -diary style
    -instant message style
    -time travel
    -secret confessions
    -random pairings
    -previously unknown relatives

Feel free to add your own!

You forgot the Alice in Wonderland/bizzarro mirror world fic. That would make for a fun read in a Pokemon setting. I admit, it would be tricky to pull off.

I'm busy with already-in-the-works projects too, though. I did pull off one of those cliche fics, though. But I won't tell you which, since it's in contest-judging limbo...
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

:O

I got a bunch of cliches!!

Amnesia. (That has to be the ultimate cliche in fanfiction!)

Dark fic. (where the main character(good guy) decides to be evil after everyone abandons him/her)

Self insert. (as cliche as a Mary Sue...but it should count. D

Having the anime/manga/game characters question their existence when coming to the "real" world. (Haha. This one is kinda like Ysaavvrl's idea but slightly different. This cliche is done a lot though. XP)

Main bad guy is character's daddy. (Someone jacked this cliche off Star Wars...and it's been roaming ff since the dawn of forever...) (hehe...Ash and Giovanni...how many people are going to attack or defend that question)

Characters become Pokemon. (ranges from Canon to OC's) (Or you could be that rare person who would attempt an Ash/Pikachu romance. lol!)

...-sigh- There are so many cliches. T . T
    :3

Will you be the first to...catch them all!?!

*dies from lame reference joke*

Banner by Ash^_^

I would totally take your challenge if i wasn't overloaded with 3 other fics! -procrastinator-
    haha time travelling. Your fic is amazing btw, another chance is epic, I cried when i thought Pikachu wouldn't be Ash's anymore. Do you know how embarrassing it is to cry in the middle of a gym???

^^ CLICHE!!!!
    hehe "skipping into the sunset happy happy joy joy" fic
    Pokeshipper

Haha. ^^; You're too nice. My fic still needs major work. XP

But anyways... I like your Cliche Misty!!! :3

A definite cliche.

Banner by Ash^_^

A definite cliche.
    I love the cosplaying, its like the best Kanto Trio scene I've seen yet!

Ughhh....
    what's good advice on how to stop yourself from procrastinating?
    Last edited by XxM!styxX; 23rd September 2009 at 11:14 PM.
    Pokeshipper

hahaha. That was a spelling error. My fault. ^^;;;;

I meant "Still need major work". Ops. XD

P.S.- I am a huge procrastinator. But a tip towards the right direction might be setting "fake" deadlines before the real ones. :3
    Last edited by tatewaki2000; 23rd September 2009 at 9:49 PM.

Banner by Ash^_^

P.S.- I am a huge procrastinator. But a tip towards the right direction might be setting "fake" deadlines before the real ones. :3
    Hm, good idea
    and yeah, edited! XD
    I just hate telling ppl Oh the chapter will be up next week and then it comes out two months later, ya know?
    But you find yourself getting soo busy =[
    Pokeshipper

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast