Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fan Fiction Club

Hello~ Can I join too?

I'm currently writing The Golden Dusk, and Silver Dawn *points to obscure link in sig* And... well, numerous other projects that aren't posted yet.

Thanks.

(I'll answer the topics in a min...)

x3 Would like to rejoin! I keep on dropping off of the planet, I know. xD;

I'm interested in the Pokemon fandom (obviously) but recently I've been slipping into Axis Powers Hetalia. Which is made of soooo much win. x3 I'm a bit of a soppy romantic, and adore reading stories that end happily, or at least completely... even though I sadistically try to scorn them in my own writing. :x

Note the try?

What is the setting for your fic/s place-wise, and time-wise - past, 'present' or future?

I write my fics mostly in the present, or near future, of either the more canon-relying Pokemon setting or in a more twisted parallel universe of my own. I like interpreting the pokemon world in different ways. x3 Within their settings, they are set in modern times. Only one is set in the past - Phoenix, which I STILL have to finish - and I haven't explored any future of a decent distance away yet, although I'm considering it. x3

On a non-fanfiction related note, I have been planning and researching for a short story set in early twentieth century Russia, which is certainly set in the past. xD

Floating over your rocky spine
    The glaciers made you and now you're mine

Pair: duncan | Lyrics: Great Lake Swimmers

Quote Originally Posted by purple_drake View Post
    The fic I'm currently writing is actually set in Kuwait, then at Fort Campbell and later in Norfolk. And if anyone can guess what kind of fic this is and who it's about just by those locations they get a cyber-cookie. X3 It's set in the past, too--1991, to be exact and I think I just gave it away.
    Surge, no doubt.

I'm currently writing whatever the hell I can think of because lately my inspiration was sapped out. I can't write Obsession, I can't finish Void or Hold or Lost Like This or anything else I was working on, and I had to drop a claim in a prompts community because I couldn't think of anything.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

All newcomers accepted once again. =)

Mainly I meant ... well, if people aren't allowed to poke the deadliners without having something else in the post that's meaningful, does that mean that when someone puts forward a deadline it has to be accompanied by something else too, or can the post be entirely about the deadline?
    As long as it doesn't break the Club section's 'no-one-liner' rules, it's fine to just have a post with that (same for people poking others and reminding, really). Hence that rule being there.
    Also I submit that we keep a list of the (current) topics in the first post, for prosperity's sake?
    Was intending to do that. *does that now*

What is the setting for your fic/s place-wise, and time-wise - past, 'present' or future?

My main fic (TRoPC) is set in Pokemon Colosseum canon, basically (which is a given, looking at the nature of the fic...), so it's practically set during the 'present' events of the game itself. It's in the region of Orre, which is a region in bad shape - mostly desert (and with a strong lack of dessert...maybe), and little to no wild Pokemon remaining.

A one-shot I've done is more vague - no specific location, perhaps set in a more primitive Pokemon world however.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Hi there. Join, please? Hopefully being active in here will help remedy the fact that I've been neglecting my fic since the most recent chapter, which was... over a month ago? D: I'm too lazy to link to my stuff, so go look at the Author's Profile in my sig.

If procrastination strikes, what do you do to overcome it?
    I don't. I figure that if I'm not in the mood to write, then nothing decent will come out of me forcing myself to do so. All I can really do is wait for that mood to return and maybe do various things such as reading old chapters/reviews or discussing the fic with readers to bring back my enthusiasm for it.

My fic's setting is Hoenn, because it revolves around a (sort of) Hoenn Pokémon, although I seem to like having the characters travel through places that aren't the official game routes, which I guess makes it more interesting than I'd probably find it if I just wrote with existing routes. Time-wise, it's basically the present, as much as one can have a "present" in a universe that's pretty different from our own. Writing something in the future of the Pokémon world has always seemed fun to me, though, probably just because I love sci-fi.
    .: Evolution is a battle .:. Something has to lose :.
    LOST EVOLUTION
    Chapter 33: Inside has been posted.

Foregone Conclusion
    Spinoff/prequel/backstory/thingy to Lost Evolution, written for NaNoWriMo 2010

Three Heads Are Better Than One

I'm joining because I'm afraid of what bobandbill will do if I don't ... uh ... yeah, because I'm afraid of what bnb will do if I don't. XP

I'm the writer of that one crapfiesta fic that I will not name, but I'm sure we all know what we're referring to anyway. I also write The Lost Chronicles of Johto and Who Shot Brendan Birch? but I haven't updated those in months. Lol. Other than that, I've written a few one-shots scattered here and there. I'm mostly a comedy writer, but I also like writing adventure/journey fics, too. I'm a big fan of the game protagonists, with Hoenn being my absolutely favorite. Andddd ... that's about it.

Nothing. X3 Well, I do try to read other stories, or re-read my older work. If I do get hit by procrastination, it's usually because I need a break from writing, though. So I usually stop until I'm hit in the head with inspiration.

What is the setting for your fic/s place-wise, and time-wise - past, 'present' or future?"Present" I suppose. It's definitely not past, and I never intended it to be a future fic. Whatever time frame the games are in, I suppose.

Most of my fics take place in Hoenn, but I've used Johto a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    I'm joining because I'm afraid of what bobandbill will do if I don't ... uh ... yeah, because I'm afraid of what bnb will do if I don't. XP
    Whatever it is it'll probably involve dancing... and pastries. and no bay, not your pastries :P

I'd like a to submit a new question, if that's allowed *cowers in fear of bob's dance ray*

anyway er... How much do you (try) to write a day for a minimum?

I ask because I've recently been doing at least half a page on openoffice every time i sit down to write and it's moving along quite well and I'm pleased with myself.

Much better than the periods where I don't write anything and then I forget what's happening xD
    Skogsrĺ

Gardenia never liked the Old Chateau, but what if the Old Chateau liked her?

Author's Profile

Oh, come on Diddy! My pastries brings all the boys (and girls) to the yard! :P

*gets shot*

How much do you (try) to write a day for a minimum?
    When I was writing the first drafts of NE, I actually tried to get at least either four pages or get half of the chapter done, depending on the mood. :P However, as I was writing the The Last Rocket for a writing challenge at another forum, I try to get through 1,000 words a day. Ack, I will post that story here one day. x_x

And oh, I'm thinking of maybe having a deadline for me to have all of the Heart and Soul reviews be reviewed and finished, but still not sure yet. XD Yay, or nay? And while I'm at it, elyvorg and Breezy should have deadlines for that too. :P
    Last edited by Bay; 5th August 2009 at 10:33 PM.

Tumblr | FFnet | Author's Profile| Archive of Our Own | Banner: Umi Mizuno
    I'm still writing, but probably not much Pokemon stuff at the moment. HAM!

I just write as much or as little as the story and my mood demand--it changes from day to day

I'm pretty much like FlamingRuby. I try to write as much or as little as I feel like that day. Though there are times when I tell myself if I don't write a certain amount, I might quit the the story period and I definitely don't want that. D:
    (image beautifully drawn by pixiv user id #45323)
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/34il6ah.png[/IMG]
    Lelouch is watching over all of us.

Hi folks, I'm a child moles... wait, wrong script.

Sup, I'm like, a writer, I write things. Yay!

My stories are the semi-hiatused Dust to Deceit and the semi-going strong The Generic Story that You Probably Know... And Hate

Totally worth reads when there's nothing worth living for.

I want in and stuff.

I'll answer questions later, I'm as honest as any salesman when I say this.

Currently on Hiatus

Very gracious thanks to Tezza for the Banner.

The Generic Story You All Probably Know… and Hate

It's 97% pure Parody, the other 3% is mockery!

Kertonmel: Sinsufficient Glory

A grand adventure, spoken in 2MB Colored glory!

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Whatever it is it'll probably involve dancing... and pastries. and no bay, not your pastries :P
    ... what kind of dancing? D:

Quote Originally Posted by Bay View Post
    And oh, I'm thinking of maybe having a deadline for me to have all of the Heart and Soul reviews be reviewed and finished, but still not sure yet. XD Yay, or nay? And while I'm at it, elyvorg and Breezy should have deadlines for that too. :P
    I only have two more. =( Granted, they're the uber long ones, but still -- two!

Actually, give me til August 9th to finish reviewing. ;P

Eh, I don't, but I hear it's good practice. I write when I feel like writing, and when I don't feel like writing anymore, I stop. This can range from one sentence to the entire chapter. Yes, it's usually extremes like that, lol. It's never a happy medium; it's either a lot or a little. =X

My goal is to open the document my story is in and stare at it at least once a day.

I'd like to join, please. :)

I'm mostly a writer (although I do read too, just not as much), but since almost every piece of writing I've done is locked in a cage, waiting on my decision of whether or not to release them or put them down for good, I won't bother listing or linking them, since I'd look back on this months later and cringe. Whew. Long sentence. ;D

I usually end up writing roughly one page a day, but it's not a rule or anything. Most of it is random outlines and character bios that may or may not be implemented into anything but occasionally I manage to churn out something productive. Even the useless stuff is good for flexing my imagination though (which would make it useful, I guess...).
    Last edited by Umbreon Ruler; 6th August 2009 at 3:14 AM.
    These tickets and passports will lead me home...
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/x5e1a8.jpg[/IMG]
    [Credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the incredible banner.]

I try to write at least a page a day. Usually wind up with more, though.

Staring at the text, or just a blank page, helps on occasion, I admit. Or fries your eyeballs...
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Well, for the one one-shot I've posted, it's in the anime future. In the one-shot for the Heart and Soul Contest, it's in the distant past. Finally, for the fic I'm planning/about to start writing, it's in the HeartGold SoulSilver timeline, but also AU. Since I'm planning on publishing it before HGSS's release, it will not include many of the plots and people (new) that they create. I'm creating my own plot.

Yeah... Like, Breezy, I pretty much don't. I usually wind up writing a lot a one time. (As an example, for my one-shot for the Contest, I wrote the bulk of it in an almost nonstop three day period.)

I should probably get into the habit of writing everyday...

On the subject of NaNoWriMo, I might do it. For practice. Maybe use it to write a bunch of my fic? Or is that against the rules...

Good luck with your deadlines, Breezy and purple_drake.

I think a deadline for reviews would probably be handy. There are a lot of entries. Maybe a few every couple days for a couple weeks? So, like a deadline of around September 1st? In the thread you said you had ten left, you could probably get them done in a month.
    Current Black Team: Rivka (Stoutland), Elmo (Musharna), Scarlett (Whimsicott), Gabriel (Carracosta), Reese (Klang), Sean (Mienfoo); all are at level 47. Currently in Victory Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani View Post
    Surge, no doubt.
    In retrospect it was probably entirely too easy. Then again, Rockets notwithstanding Surge is probably the other canon character I'd associate with you the most, and I seem to recall telling you about this story anyway. D< Cheaterer.

I used to be in the same boat as Breezy and Araleon, but for about a month now I've made it a habit to write for a minimum of an hour every day--handwritten, alas. Usually I get at least 5 pages done (about 1100 words), though lately I've been getting 7/8 pages done, woot.

Quote Originally Posted by Araleon View Post
    Good luck with your deadlines, Breezy and purple_drake.
    Ta. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Araleon View Post
    I think a deadline for reviews would probably be handy. There are a lot of entries. Maybe a few every couple days for a couple weeks? So, like a deadline of around September 1st? In the thread you said you had ten left, you could probably get them done in a month.
    Hm, September 1st doesn't sound too bad for a deadline, but still unsure if I'll be able to make it to that deadline. Ack, got behind on the reviews because my sister suddenly got sick and not sure when she'll feel better (my mom did took her to the doctors a couple days ago). Also, going to be busy with other real life stuff. I'm trying my best, though.

Ten entries is still a lot to review, considering I'm trying to have my reviews as detailed and helpful as possible. Also, remember that it took the judges around four months to get through those ten entries (though yeah, part of the problem is that Draco abandoned the contest due to real life stuff).

I'lll still think about it, though.

Tumblr | FFnet | Author's Profile| Archive of Our Own | Banner: Umi Mizuno
    I'm still writing, but probably not much Pokemon stuff at the moment. HAM!

*joins Fanfiction Club once again and takes pledge to be active*

The name's Divinity_123 (you can call me Div, Divy, whatever floats your boat :P) and I'm a gangsta fanfiction writer.

Nothing really, I just wait it out until something mind-blowing drives me to write again. Listening to music, going out for walks, and playing Call of Duty such could work too, I suppose.

I usually don't write everyday (there's was a period of time when I didn't write squat for nearly seven months), but when I do, I usually get five to ten pages done. I think the most pages I've written in a day though was like 24 or something like that. Yeah, I'm too sick.

I saw this a couple days ago and shrugged it off. Shame on me.

I'm Blue_Mew22 (or just blue) and I'd like to join, please!

I haven't posted anything here since The Ultimate Sacrifice days and that was a long time ago. I have been writing slowly a bit these past few days. Gotta sqeeze it all in before summer ends. My current project is called ThunderStruck. I might also get The Key started again as well sometime. But don't hold me to that.

If you've never heard of any of these stories before in your life, I don't blame you. :P

So yeah.

~blue
    ~Keep on truckin'!~

Thanks to Zadros for the banner!

Not coming soon, but
    it's a pretty banner, yes?

*Appears randomly*

Well, a new Fan Fiction Club. Can't say that I'm surprised.

Anyway, being here means that I wish to join. I have a few fan fics going on here, including The Light in the Darkness (link in sig) and The Twilight Chronicles (currently in rewriting stage). I also have a more shippy One-Shot called Partners for Life. I considered making it a series of One-Shots, but have decided not to.

Now for some questions:

I'll force myself to think about it until I actually work on it. It seems to work because if I don't start to work on the story, I start to go insane.

I don't know. I try to write a fair bit, but a lot of times, I find myself going back to what I wrote the day before and replacing it. If I do end up writing something substantial, it's probably no more than a page or two.

Now being reposted!

In retrospect it was probably entirely too easy. Then again, Rockets notwithstanding Surge is probably the other canon character I'd associate with you the most, and I seem to recall telling you about this story anyway. D< Cheaterer.
    You associate Surge with me? Why? I wrote one fic about him and it was years ago. You haven't even heard my Surge voice yet!

Moreover, you associate him with me more than you associate JIRARUDAN with me?
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani View Post
    You associate Surge with me? Why? I wrote one fic about him and it was years ago. You haven't even heard my Surge voice yet!

Moreover, you associate him with me more than you associate JIRARUDAN with me?
    Strangely, yes. O.o I think the fic has something to do with it, maybe because that's practically the only fic I've seen anyone else write about him--that's worth remembering, anyway. And I dunno, I just seem to recall you liking him more than most other E/GLs?

Eh, okay, that was a complete misquote. XD Imagine I said 'villains' instead of 'Rockets'. I need to spend more time out of my fanon, I think. ._.;;

I'm not sure. And besides, Surge is a Rocket in one canon (granted that's not the canon I wrote about, but hey).

And um. If I'm reading your last statement correctly, your fanon has Jirarudan as a Rocket. If that is the case and it's not just that it's 2 am here and I should have been in bed already, your ideas interest me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

He is, which might be another reason for the association, considering that Rockets == Blackjack (although it's not the canon I prefer write him in either).

Yes, well, apparently I have a tendency to leave incomplete thoughts lying around even in the middle of the day. XD My usual fanon is game-based so Jirarudan doesn't actually exist there, is what I meant, alas (though for an old draft of a story in one of my other fanons I had him team up with the Aquas to catch a lugia). But this him-as-a-Rocket idea is an interesting one, so now I'm debating the merits of a slight anime crossover to have him as one of the Rockets' lead scientists/engineers. It does make sense that they'd want him on their side, considering his genius; the biggest problem would probably be stopping him from wanting to keep the Legendaries he helps catch as his trophies or turning into a loose cannon if he decides they can't do enough for him anymore. Besides, the League has Bill, so the Rockets need their own genius engineer.

I must think on this.

Also we're discussing story ideas, so this is not off-topic, yesyes?

Also we're discussing story ideas, so this is not off-topic, yesyes?
    I suppose, this is the place for healthy (or unhealthy if you wish as long as it doesn't cross a line) fan fiction discussion. If we weren't allowed to vent here, we'd probably explode in a shower of visceral alphabetty spaghetti.

*pauses to let mental image sink in*

So yeah, How's that deadline coming along? Doing as well as you think you can be at this point in time.
    Skogsrĺ

Gardenia never liked the Old Chateau, but what if the Old Chateau liked her?

Author's Profile

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast