Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: The Fan Fiction Club

Hello... I was hoping to join your club. ; w ;

As was requested, my reason for joining would be that I am an aspiring writer, and hope to pursue Creative Writing in the future as a career... I have written fan fiction for Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler) and D. Gray Man (please don't read that one, unless you wish to be scarred for life... I was into Yaoi, at the time ^^U), and intend to write some for Pokemon, having played White Version~!

If you'd like to see my work, please refer to the following link; I will not post it again, as was requested.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~lyreofautumn

Thank you for your consideration. : )
    [IMG]http://oi52.*******.com/205r1o7.jpg[/IMG]"Poetry is nearer to vital truth than history." - Plato

[IMG]http://oi53.*******.com/qnv4h0.jpg[/IMG]

FC: 0862 2565 8697
    FC: 2407 9917 8164

I actually was thinking that it would be cool if we did do a monthly prompt sort of thing. I think it might ease the competition side in us writers if we had something like that implemented (because everyone loves competition ;P). But I dunno if we'd have enough willing participants to do that. =P

That being said, a new challenge would be super neat. I have no idea what, though.
    Last edited by Breezy; 15th March 2011 at 9:43 AM.

I want to join this club! ^_^ I have been writing fan fictions (And trying to write books) For quite a while now, but this is the first time I've started a pokemon fan fic. I posted the first chapter last night and I am working on the second now!
    [IMG]http://i56.*******.com/2hmomzp.png[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Default May i join?

I want to join the club,I'm currently writing this fanfic:Pokémon MonoChrome(http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...5#post12107355) plus I'm an avid fan fic reader
    Last edited by shinjiniisan; 16th March 2011 at 10:34 PM.

Welcome to the club, LyreOfAutumn, TristaPaige and shinjiniisan! *adds to the list*
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    I actually was thinking that it would be cool if we did do a monthly prompt sort of thing. I think it might ease the competition side in us writers if we had something like that implemented (because everyone loves competition ;P). But I dunno if we'd have enough willing participants to do that. =P

That being said, a new challenge would be super neat. I have no idea what, though.
    Looking at the list we do at least have enough people to be potential willing participants? =p But I think we might as well try one - we'll have to find out one way or another! Plus this needs more life - maybe that will help with that.

Bit late to have one now but hey, we might as well start one now for anyone that wants a 'less-than-half-a-month' challenge? =p I'm actually going to throw out a borad idea of an April Fool's-esque story theme, and for obvious reasons the deadline for that if it happens would have to be by the end of this month. =p So any takers? And any ideas for a prompt to start at the beginning of April as well?

BTW - what did people make of this year's Fanfic awards?

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    Looking at the list we do at least have enough people to be potential willing participants? =p But I think we might as well try one - we'll have to find out one way or another! Plus this needs more life - maybe that will help with that.

Bit late to have one now but hey, we might as well start one now for anyone that wants a 'less-than-half-a-month' challenge? =p I'm actually going to throw out a borad idea of an April Fool's-esque story theme, and for obvious reasons the deadline for that if it happens would have to be by the end of this month. =p So any takers? And any ideas for a prompt to start at the beginning of April as well?

BTW - what did people make of this year's Fanfic awards?
    April Fools might be fun. A two week prompt is a bit of a challenge, but that's what makes prompts so fun anyway. =P

Easter is April 24th this year, so maybe something Easter-related?

I would like to spread the prompt idea to the main fan fic forum instead of just fan fic club. Maybe it'll drag people (back) in here if we remind people about this place.

I had planned on doing an April Fool's story already, just for fun. I have no idea what about, but it's for POS, so it's no biggie.

I was actually disappointed that POS was nominated for the Best One-Shot category. That was completely unfair, since there's over 200 of them now. I wouldn't complain if it had been one entry that had been nominated, but I hadn't gotten around to pointing that out earlier. But I do like that Picasso got second/third place for best non-human main, and I like how many great stories got awards that they deserved.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

Easter-related theme is a neat idea for a theme next time around. As for advertising the prompt idea... well besides possible signature advertising I suppose a thread in the cafe section wouldn't be too amiss if people think that would help...

And hurrah for someone already planning something @ Ysavvryl. And that's a fair point too with the One-Shot category winning given it does have a lot of entries and multiple people involved too - maybe if you want you could point that out in next years one.

I'm feeling pretty sleepy but happy - did a marathon and ended up finishing another chapter. ~ But I know that I've got some editing in front of me. XD

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(

I cannot write fics on here...very simply because however good I think they are and others think too...they aren't long...they're short chapters.They need to be,I write chapters and songs it'd be hell to write a long chapter with the "quality" of my shorter ones...it's not fair...but I guess it's just to get the details out of the story instead of just a short bit of writing :|

Amor
    Cтрасть
    信念
    Ręves

Eh, what the hell, I'll join. My work can be found on the site in the Drabble Thread in Shipping Fics, and also on FF.Net under the name Nightlingbolt.

I usually have great ideas, but setting the scene is what cripples me. I mean, I feel a compulsive need to explain the situation at hand and describe OCs in excruciating detail whenever I introduce them for the first time. On top of that, I have a chronic inability to plan long plots and story arcs. So in a sense, I specialize in drabbles and oneshots, and I'm trying to break that rut.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Soooo I've been using gmail drafts (I know, I know. I would use dropbox except my school won't allow it on their computers) to transfer one of my stories between computers, especially since I don't bring my laptop to school and want something to work on while I'm at school. I typed probably seven pages while waiting for my friend. It wasn't anything incredibly intense, but ... still it's a bit of work.

So I have to get up and leave. A while later, I get bored, decided to work more on my story, open gmail, open drafts, copy/pasta then realize "Um, why is my document shorter from when I started?" only to come to the conclusion that gmail does have a text limit and probably cut off there (though it's weird that it was shorter than the first draft I had today ... so idk there). So all that I had worked on for the last hour and a half or so is pretty much gone. ;-;

The moral of the story is use google docs, not gmail drafts. ;-;

On a good note, my version at home does have a longer version saved in openoffice ... I think. I'm pretty sure anyway. Likewise, I did handwrite two of the seven pages lost, and one page was something I had written as a preview a long, long time ago. And the five is pretty much dialogue and fidgety action, so it wasn't super intense narrative or anything. Just, you know, frustrating.

/end rant. =P

@Breezy: That's never good. I lost a good 1500 words on a Nano project once due to an unexpected computer crash. I keep all my current works on a pin drive now, but I don't often change around computers.

@Darth Osiris: I sometimes have the opposite problem of not always describing the situation at hand, or the characters. It depends on the reviewer too. Generally, I prefer to scatter descriptive details instead of keeping them in one place, except for an introduction part.

Here is a random writing prompt that jumped into my head last night. As hilarious as it sounds, I can't find anywhere in my current writings where it would fit in. Use it for the April Fool's story, I dare ya!

Sentence prompt: Use the following line in a story. It must fit in naturally. For this particular prompt, the situation should be non-sexual and non-romantic (you'll see why). For extra fun, don't let your readers know the whole situation until this line comes up.

Spoiler:- prompt line:
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Welcome, Darth Osiris. I can't say I have that problem, although I usually don't go into too much detail with setting or so forth I feel (if anything I tend to pad stuff out only in edits because it feels a bit lacking in that regard...).

Breezy - ouch. >_< I always try to back up my work in multiple places due to that. Certainly understandable how that would be frustrating and deserving of a rant though - good luck with getting back on track with that story!

And... that is an interesting prompt. XD I might be doing an April Fools...thing myself, although what I have planned wouldn't fit well with that line in it, I fear for a few reasons. =p

BTW if anyone has issues with posting a new chapter on fanfiction.net (error '2' I think?), google away to find out how to overcome it. Silly ffnet.
    Last edited by bobandbill; 25th March 2011 at 1:32 AM.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

I have rewritten what I had already lost last night. I tried to write everything I could from memory, but I'm sure I'm missing a joke ... Eh, it probably wasn't a good one if I can't remember it. XP

That's an awesome prompt line, Ysarvvyl. Definitely have to think about it since all I can think about is smutty smut smut.

Hughhtrjkljaf ff.net. Luckily I don't have any updates for my chapters, though I do have a one-shot I want to submit. I have heard ways of getting around it. I know for new stories you submit it under a different, working category and edit the category later, but it won't sent a new story/author alert for your readers ... So I'll probably ride it out. =P

^ I think a smutty smut fanfic would be awesome so long as it was anywhere but serebii XD,serious I would ready that ,well for blue skies would come first on my list but then there'd be that XD

Amor
    Cтрасть
    信念
    Ręves

That's the challenge of the prompt; to avoid the obvious. That, and naked people are funny.

Ah, good to know that there is a solution to that ff.net problem. It seemed so random for me whether or not I could update something.

Well now, where was this club three years ago?

I guess I am kind of out of touch with this forum, for various reasons though. But I have been looking to actually finish my now seven year fic of hell....I already know the next chapters to put up, although I think my old stuff has been deleted by now, I haven't checked the link below yet.

And if anyone needs tips or someone to read, i'll take a look and see whats going on too. And one piece of advice I can say is keep writing, even if it's not good. Because sooner or later it will cross that threshold and become something greater.
    The Journey (Rated R)

A pokemon adventure that will take you on a journey through the lives of budding trainers.

3DS friend code: 2981-6128-1202

Local Vivillon: Polar Pattern. If you want one I shall send it.

(Late late late late late D<)

Hm, monthly prompts, eh? Sounds fun as I need to get myself back into Pokemon writing. The April one sounds fun, so I'll see if I can think of something for it. XD;

Breezy, sucks about what happened with the gmail drafts. I tend to bring my flashdrive with me to save my work, but I also email my documents to myself incase I lose my flashdrive (had that happened to me twice! D: ). :P

Oh, hey LinksOcarina, it's been a while! I really need to read your fanfic! XD Good luck finishing it!

Tumblr | FFnet | Author's Profile| Archive of Our Own | Banner: Umi Mizuno
    I'm still writing, but probably not much Pokemon stuff at the moment. HAM!

Thought this would be worth sharing. Read the comments as that's where the interesting is. In short - how not to respond to reviews 101. =p (Warning ye kiddies who scroll down enough [i.e. a lot] - thar be naught word/s!)

April fools tomorrow! Who will be doing a thingy in the end for it then?

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    Thought this would be worth sharing. Read the comments as that's where the interesting is. In short - how not to respond to reviews 101. =p (Warning ye kiddies who scroll down enough [i.e. a lot] - thar be naught word/s!)

April fools tomorrow! Who will be doing a thingy in the end for it then?
    Haha, read some of the comments already before you posted this here. I already told this to someone else, but man she's really being unprofessional about it. Been though a lot of negative reviews before, and best advice I can give is say you're thankful for them taking the time to read and you'll have an open mind over their comments and advice.

And I'm planning of trying out that prompt, but I need to think of a plot. x_x

Tumblr | FFnet | Author's Profile| Archive of Our Own | Banner: Umi Mizuno
    I'm still writing, but probably not much Pokemon stuff at the moment. HAM!

Well, I had the reverse of that happen once with my fic Creation. I had a flame war erupt in the comments about if the fic sucked or not. And most people, on both sides, had no idea what the fic was actually ABOUT.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Lol, that link you posted, BNB, was just painful to read after a while. D:

I could have sworn that I joined this already but I guess not. So... can I join? ^_^;

I've written two fanfics that I actually posted.

The first one I wrote is Tamer's Archives, which takes place in the ancient desert region of Teneroc. Most of the eastern half of the region is unknown territory because travellers are unable to cross the desert due the powerful sandstorms that take place at its center.

An orphan boy is found in the sand by the region's Archive Head and grows up working in the Archives. Found along with him is a sand-damaged Tamer's gauntlet (Tamer = trainer in this fic, and gauntlets and various armor pieces are used to contain Pokemon) which has a name engraved in it. Unable to read the first name, the man combines the name of desert and the last name to name the orphan "Heru Rameses". Heru has only seen a Tamer battle once in his life but since then he has had the dream of becoming the region's Champion.

Eventually he is told to deliver a message to the region's current Champion, and he and his Spearow set out to find him. At the same time the region's prince is having conflicts of his own. He is mostly ignored by the public and doesn't get the respect that his father does. But everything changes once the region's safety is threatened by an unknown group.

The second one is a Yugioh! fic called Heroic Potential. The main character, Josh, seems to be the only person in the whole world who isn't involved in the oh-so-great activity of dueling. He finally learns when his best friend, Dave, tricks him into entering a casual tournament while he participates in the 2nd Grand Championship Tournament so he can have the chance to duel against a famous duelist, Seto Kaiba. Josh reluctantly goes. After several embarassing losses, a stranger teaches him how to duel (note: in this fic even people who know nothing about the game can enjoy it) and he decides to give a chance.

Josh watches Dave participate in the tournament and befriends another duelist named Adam, who gives him random advice and even tells him a few of his strategies to becoming a good player. They enjoy the tournament, completely unaware of the situation happening behind the scenes. Once Josh accepts his invitation to the world of duelling, he accepts the dangers as well.

...And that's it. The links are in my signature if you're interested. I've considered writing other stories as well, but for now I'm sticking to these two 'cause I know I'll never finish them if I spread myself too thin. Besides, I'm having trouble finding the time to write them as it is.

Since you guys have the goal thing I'd like to set one for myself: Finish writing Chapter 7 of Heroic Potential before the end of April. Maybe I'll actually be able to reach that goal if I'm under pressure. ^_^;
    Yu-Gi-Oh: World Tour
    ~NEW~
    A collab fic (w/ Brandy Beavers & Uninspired Author)
    Third Stop is up [11/28/14]

Heroic Potential
    A Yugioh! fic. Chapter 20 is up [12/14/13]

Added you, SerenadeSP, as well as added the deadline thing for you. =)

So I know Ysavvryl did a one-shot for April Fools - I did too as well with a chapter of my main fic - anyone else? And any official takers for the prompt suggested earlier as well? =p

The BBS Forums! Join in!

No I did not do one for April Fools Day...however I did do a fic in the non-pokemon section because I thought I came up with a good idea...considering I usually write shorter chapters it's pretty damm long XD...but i'll link you guys and hope you read it XD
    Link to my story

Amor
    Cтрасть
    信念
    Ręves

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast