Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031

Thread: The Fan Fiction Club

hello! i would like to join! im mostly a reviewer, my fav fics being Charmanderman`s The Hunt for Suicune and Bobandbill`s very own Retelling of Pokemon Colluseum! big fan! and the topic ill answer l8r. but now im here!

I have officially claimed Omega Ruby!! Woo!

Well guys, this current topic hasn't been touched on in a week, so a new one that may have been used before, but I don't care.

Are there any fanfiction authors that have inspired you?

Personally, Ysavvryl has been one of my biggest inspirations as I developed a desire to write fanfic after reading her Pokedex One-Shots, I've developed a desire to write a Mystery Dungeon fanfic (the basic details of which are in my signature actually) after reading the first half of PMD: Loopholes (I'm currently on page 10 and so close to finishing it that I think I'm a little depressed that I'm almost done with it and all of its awesomeness), and her great fanfiction in general has kept me interested in the art of fanfiction.

Also, Michael Rikimi on FF.net and his awesome digimon fic Taming the Third Lion led to me trying to reenter digimon fanfiction after my first, very miseradle, try and I think I'm doing good enough in my new fanfic for that.

So, have any of you guys found inspiration from another fanfic author?

Aw, thanks! (one of my favorite bits of Loopholes is the very end of it, so you can look forward to that)

My inspirations for writing fanfics were on a different forum, Jimmy-san and Myrmidon on the Bob and George forums. Oh, and I suppose you can say the B&G sprite comic and forum in general. Those particular two had awesome ideas, enough that I ended up making a fanfic of fanfics. That was fun! There's also various authors around FF.Net and here that always make me happy when I see them with a new fic or update. Lots of names, but Draco Malfoy comes up, and Missingno. Master.

Unfortunately, my fanfic of fanfics has been lost due to computer and forum crashes... on a similar note, has anyone else been tempted to do a fanfic of fanfics?
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

bobandbill. I've always had a terrible time figuring out how to type a battle scene. I read his Colosseum fanfic and now I think I know how to write a good one.

In other news, I'm not done with my first fanfiction and I'm getting an idea for a new one that involves the criminal teams, an ancient prophesy, somebody from the real world, memory loss and fusion.

I have some messed up ideas...
    I'm back. And ready for more battling.

[Img]http://i55.*******.com/k1cdxu.gif[/img]
    [Img]http://i56.*******.com/2lx856h.gif[/Img][Img]http://i51.*******.com/206yn8i.gif[/Img]

Thanks to Mew_ and Sarah- for the banner, and PikaPika 677 for the MD animations.

Welcome, destroyer39!

And yay for people being inspired by my fic? ._. Although I don't think I've that great with battle scenes myself but I do feel I've gotten better in that regard since I started at any rate.

Personally I've no personal inspirations for writing - sure, I did think 'this is cool' with the limited amount I read before I began (one in particular was PDL's Sabrina's Story - unfortunately it remained incomplete) but it didn't inspire me to write my fic - that was just a spur-of-the-moment idea when I was thinking about something else to do than comedy scripts.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Wow... this place is pretty dead. But anyway, I never wanted to right a fan fic because I thought that I'd suck at battle scenes. But, then I realized that I wasn't alone in this regard and started writing anyway. So, I guess thanks to everyone who has ever completely screwed up a battle scene for inspiring me to write! (No offense, of course.)
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Can I join? I don't read or write Pokemon fanfic, but I do read and write some fanfic about my favourite youtubers ( http://thecreaturehub.com/index.php?topic=4109.0 , http://thecreaturehub.com/index.php?topic=6756.0 ).
    "Because if you didn't believe in evolution, you were a shitty pokemon trainer!"
    Rollie Williams

Quote Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
    Wow... this place is pretty dead. But anyway, I never wanted to right a fan fic because I thought that I'd suck at battle scenes. But, then I realized that I wasn't alone in this regard and started writing anyway. So, I guess thanks to everyone who has ever completely screwed up a battle scene for inspiring me to write! (No offense, of course.)
    Yep, it is. =( Sucks that clubs is a separate section to fics I guess.

And actually it's often good to take ideas from the not-so-well written fics - not as in reuse bad writing way but more 'well I see how it's done there, but I think it'd be better if I did ____ instead'.
    Quote Originally Posted by iCakeify View Post
    Can I join? I don't read or write Pokemon fanfic, but I do read and write some fanfic about my favourite youtubers ( http://thecreaturehub.com/index.php?topic=4109.0 , http://thecreaturehub.com/index.php?topic=6756.0 ).
    Never read fics about youtube people before but a fic is a fic! Welcome! A bit late but hey!

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(

Never knew there was a fanfic club - sign me up! I just rebooted my pride and joy, Within My Own Nightmares (you can get to it by clicking the image in my sig), and I'd love to get to know other fic writers and stuff. :3
    ~Facebook~ | ~Tumblr~ | ~Twitter~
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/54xhxk.jpg[/IMG]
    (Credit for the banner goes to myself. Click it to see my fan fic; comments & reviews appreciated!)

What? Activity? Finally... Welcome new members!
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Greetings, new members!

How many fics will I work on at once?
    Only one at a time. I have to be able to concentrate.

---

My inspiration for writing started on fanfiction.net in a different fandom. Although most of stories I read on there where nothing more than your standard shipping story, some of them really stood out with a nice plots and good characterization. When I started read Pokemon fanfiction I saw even more nicely-written stories.

My inspiration for writing started on fanfiction.net in a different fandom.
    What fandom was that, curiously?

Mine was... well, I wasn't really inspired to write my main fic besides the game it is based on itself and thinking 'hmm, I don't feel like doing these comedy scripts anymore... maybe I'll write a parody of this game because why not! =D'

The BBS Forums! Join in!

I'm working on three at once right now. It's going slow. One of them is a new pokemon fic I plan to post sometime.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 21 is up.

Could I please join. When it comes to reading I have dabbled with Harry Potter fan fics, but I predominantly go for Pokemon fics. I have been writing one for the last month in a half that I have now decided to share on hear called The Stowaway.

Wow... dead club is dead.

I'm more of a one at a time kind of person. I had my original fan fic, then stopped that to do Drabbles for a bit. Then I stopped that to start my new fic. Working on more than one thing at once would be a bit to stressful for me.

Absolutely no more than one. I'm very particular about that. If I go on writing hiatus and I come up with a different idea than what I've been working on, I may write it down somewhere, but I would never do anything else with it. I'm obsessive about finishing my one fic before starting on another.

Also, I'm writing a piece of original fiction for school. It'll end up being a one-shot. I'll make a thread when I'm done if I'm pleased with my work.

^ Click this for good times ^

Uh... Gelatino95, the club was remade a while back. =p Check the date of the last post too in threads as that's a few month bumpage there.

Closed.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031