Thread: something I dont understand about mew and arceous

Default something I dont understand about mew and arceous

Hi guys,
    well I have a question. the show and games say that mew is the ancestor of all pokemon since he can learn all attacks and that his hair has the DNA of all the pokemons in the world, if that is so that means arceous is the "son" of mew as well. but it says arceous built the universe so how can it be who cam first mew or arceous?

*sigh*

Don't take pokedex info as fact.

While it's confirmed that Mew is the ancestor to every pokemon, THERE HAS BEEN ABSOLUTELY NO CONFIRMATION OF ANY OF ARCEUS'S LEGENDS YET, SO YOU PEOPLE ARE ALL JUMPING THE GUN WHEN YOU CLAIM ARCEUS TO BE DIVINE IN CANON.

And it's not Mew's hair that has the DNA, it's Mew.
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

What is this arceous you speak of? It's spelt Arceus.

Banner Was made by The awesome junpearl63!

There are three certainties in life.

Death, taxes, and daily posts on Serebiiforums regarding Arceus and its apparent Godlike status.

For fuck's sake, stop posting these crappy threads.

I assumed that arceus is excluded from being a part as mew's ancesters. If you take pokedex entries that seriously, I suggest you read it CAREFULLY. None of the pokedex entries confirms mew to be the ancestor. For dexes that mentions that, they have either "is said" or "many scientists believe", implying that not all pokemon necessary come from mew.

Actually, the very fact that Mew can use Transform and learn everything proves Mew is the ancestor of all pokemon. It's also been stated in various fleshing-outs of the pokemon games (Special, anime).

We don't know how it works, but we know for a fact Mew was first.

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

>_<

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    We don't know how it works, but we know for a fact Mew was first.
    Then hw cmoe it ain't frst in da Pokédex???
    [/noob]

Yeah.

Why does it have to be one THEN the other? If both legends are true - which they may not be, remember - why can't Mew and Arceus have existed at the same time? Why can't Mew and Arceus have been made / created / born at the same time? If Mew willed itself and Arceus into being at the same time, then it will still technically be it's ancestor.

Yeah...
    My thoughts with regards to a Sound type. Comments, feedback, etc, would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Do french people ride goats freely in their country?

Mew isn't first because it was thought to be a legend. And because nobody could confirm it, seeing as how it was capable of turning invisible and teleporting, earning it the name "Mirage Pokemon".

Due to this, it was impossible to capture a live subject and study it, so Oak had to manually research legends, ruins, and other accounts, and then get absolute proof of Mew's existence before he could create the Pokedex page.

I guess.

Actually, it's because Bulbasaur is just that awesome.

>_<

Quote Originally Posted by pikadon92 View Post
    I assumed that arceus is excluded from being a part as mew's ancesters. If you take pokedex entries that seriously, I suggest you read it CAREFULLY. None of the pokedex entries confirms mew to be the ancestor. For dexes that mentions that, they have either "is said" or "many scientists believe", implying that not all pokemon necessary come from mew.
    But then, so is Arceus, where all three PokeDex entries said that "It is described/told in mythology // It is said that... "

I guess it's like the chicken and the egg question, which comes first? :P

To the above poster: Nah. Togepi is way cuter.

We've yet to receive a full understanding of the relationship between Mew and Arceus's respective legends from the heads of the Pokemon world. If you'd like to keep discussing Arceus, please the other Arceus thread here in GPD.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"