Thread: Censoring a video with an image

Default Censoring a video with an image

I want to be able to move around an image of an elephant over a video to block out some things in a video. I can't seem to find a program that will let me edit a video clip unless I manually edit each clip frame by frame. I have Sony Vegas and WMM atm, but I'm willing to use others if that will help me.

Well, you can't place .JPG, .PNG, .GIF, and sorta image file type over the flash objects such as .SWF.

edit: maybe you can place .SWF over .SWF

Well in Adobe Premiere you can do it by adding multiple tracks. You have the video on the bottom track and the picture on a track above it. You just move the picture where you want it. Premiere is quite expensive though but you can get a 30 day trial from Adobe's website. If you do try Premiere you should get some good tutorials to get into it. It's a quite complicated program.

AFAIK WMM can't do it and I've never tried Vegas so I'm no help there.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee e!

Key frame it over the part you want to hide with Vegas. When you put something on the timeline, to the left there is a little bar, it says the layer number, and there are a bunch of little icons. Click the one with the little diagonal down arrow, and two boxes. In there, you can shrink the image or enlarge the image to whatever size you want and move it around. Just put the elephant image in a layer above the video so you can see it.

If you can't figure out how to do it just with this, google or youtube Vegas Keyframing. There's tons of tutorials, and that's how I learned to do it :3

[img]http://i42.*******.com/4rtd0g.png[/img]