Page 1 of 72 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Adventure of Adventureness

Hybrid View

Default The Adventure of Adventureness

Please enjoy my fanfic. PG-13.

Chapter 1: The beginning

Once there was a boy named Jack. He was walking down the road when he saw a shiny Rayquaza! He threw a Master Ball at it and caught it, and went on. The end.

"Woah, woah, woah. Wait one fricking minute!" Jack yelled. "What the hell was THAT?! Hey, you! The narrator! Get over here!"

The narrator, a handsomely dressed man in a tuxedo, who resembled the stereotypical butler, approached Jack. "What seems to be the problem, sir?" he asked in a british accent.

"The problem is, first off, that ridiculous accent," said Jack. "Second off, your narration is a bit self-complementary, and third, oh, I dunno, maybe.... THIS WHOLE STORY?!"

"What's wrong with the story?" the incredibly handsome narrator asked incredulously.

"There you go again! Stop praising yourself in your own narration!" yelled Jack, clearly at his wit's end. "And what's wrong with the story?! Did you not see that story?! It STUNK, that's what's wrong with it! Two lines! Two lines of text! I go down the road, I catch a shiny Rayquaza with a Master Ball that seems to appear out of nowhere?! Where's the plot?! Where's the depth?! The description! For all the readers know, I could be a two-headed cheeseburger with a hundred and seven tentacles!"

"Now calm down, young sir-" began the narrator, before Jack cut him off.

"NO, I will NOT calm down! In fact, I am going to find the idiot what that wrote that piece of garbage that is trying to be passed off as a story and give him a piece of my mind! A very violent piece of my mind, preferably!"

At this point, the narrator was very much aware that Jack, despite being a ten-year-old boy, was rather muscular. Not exactly world-class bodybuilder material, but clearly stronger and beefier than anyone else his age. Aside from his strength, Jack was very much your average ten-year old. He had nondescript brown hair that he kept cut short. He wore a pair of faded blue jeans, a pair of white sneakers, and a red t-shirt. He also had an extremely short temper. The devilishly handsome narrator- "HEY!" screamed Jack. "WHAT DID I JUST FREAKING TELL YOU?!" "Sorry, sir," apologized the narrator.

"Now then," said the narrator, "Be reasonable. You don't even know how to get to the place of residence of the author!" At this, Jack smiled.

"Oh, yes I do. Once we leave the internet and get into the real world, it'll be a cinch! You see, as computer data, we naturally have homing instincts that will lead us to the computer from which we originated. If my guess is correct, the idiot who wrote this piece of garbage should live there, or at least come there frequently."

"How do you know all this?" asked the astonished narrator.

Jack shrugged. "I might be a muscular guy with a short fuse, but I'm also very, very smart. Is that a PROBLEM???"

"Not at all, sir," replied the narrator, rather nervous. Then he remembered something. "Eh, sir, did you say 'we'?"

"You don't honestly think I'm gonna go out and beat up this.... Missingno. Master all by myself, do you?"

"I had rather hoped, actually."

"Well quit your hoping and come with me. You got a name?"

"Yes," said the narrator. "It's the narrator".

Jack stared. "What kind of a name is that?!" The narrator shrugged.

Jack shook his head. "I swear, this is getting wierder and wierder. Let's get going."

The narrator stopped him. "Uh, sir, pardon my impertinence, but how exactly are we to leave the internet?"

"I'm not sure myself. Hence, we're going to Cyber Town. We're bound to get some answers there, those guys know everything about the internet."

"And Cyber Town is where, exactly?" inquired the sexy narrator.

Jack slapped the narrator's face. "That's for inserting your little braggy adjectives into your narration again. And Cyber Town is supposed to be down this road. Let's go."

With that, Jack and the narrator began the journey towards Cyber Town.

Meanwhile, Missingno. Master, mysteriously cloaked in shadows, sat at his computer, watching the events unfold.

"So, these guys think they can escape the internet and beat me to a pulp, do they? Well, we'll see who's beating whom when I'm through with them! Ahahahahahaha!" He continued to laugh in his evil way, while beginning to type up chapter 2.

--------------------------
    That's it for chapter 1. Please rate. Comment. Say stuff.

Spoiler:- Major events:

PM List:
    ninetails012 ; UltimatePokemonExpert ; scizorstrike ; Gelatino95 ; Dr.Chaos
    Flame Mistress ; The Imposter ; #1TransendTrainer ; President People ; Son_of_Shadows
    Porgon-XYZ ; Ga'Hooleone ; Psychic Swordsman ; hailflameblast ; Eeveeon8
    DeadlyBraviary∞ ; Hikaru 2000 ; SwarleyMosby ; Sound ; ga'hoolefan
    UnovaMaster ; DarknessInZero ; rangernumber-x ; Metal Bagon ; PerseusRad
    Rotomknight ; Shymain ; jeffdavid102 ; TheDarkDragons ; Zibdas

Book 2: The Awesome of Awesomeness
    Book 3: The Random of Randomness
    Book 4: The Epic of Epicness
    Book 5: The Adventure of Adventureness: Special Chapters

The main characters and their Pokémon

Chapter directory
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 24th July 2012 at 5:51 PM. Reason: Adding Zibdas to the PM list.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 2 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Ha ha! I am liking this!

...the incredibly handsome narrator...
    The devilishly handsome narrator...
    Yeah, I think I'm gonna like the rest of this story!
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Metafiction... yeah!

Except for a quest to get you, I wonder what this will contain. And there were little Pokémon around. Just by the way.
    There is no higher purpose in life. Humans never had, and never will have, a reason for living. God merely created us because he wanted to allow someone to experience the beauty of living.

This is hilarious. Especially the way the narrator described himself as "deviishly handsome", like GalladeRocks. My only thing as that this does not seem long enough, as it is supposed to be two pages in Microsoft Word but I don't think anybody will get at you for that as I don't see what else you can put in and it seems fine enough.

Good job on this, I look forward to reading this!

My fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to Sketchie of Coronet Designs

Dude, this was hilairious, I hope this has lots of meta references in it, but, there weren't that many pokemon invovled. I hope this becomes the family guy of the fan fic section, this is awesome.

Zack and Evan, the most badass pokemon on the planet

Credit to Queen_Lugia for the recolors and the pixel-over.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeconator11 View Post
    I hope this becomes the family guy of the fan fic section.
    It just did. Dude, this story is FREAKIN AWESOME!!!! This is the most funniest story I've EVER read! It is the Epic of Epicness. It is the Coolest of the Cool. You get my point. This story is so damn funny and I just love it! I just spent 5 hours reading this story, nonstop. It was that freakin good!!! Keep it up man, cause this is the most epic thing I've ever read.
    http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/...pynegaiday.png" width="468" height="100">

"To date, life has been a race between software companies making bigger and better idiot proof machines, and the Universe making bigger and better idiots. The Universe is winning." -Unknown

Just to note, there will be more Pokemon involved in the story. That shiny Rayquaza isn't the only reason this is in with the Pokemon fanfics.

I'm gonna be kinda busy tomorrow, but I will try and have the next chapter up within the next couple of days.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

This is a lovely fanfic, really funny. The bits where the narrator was complimenting himself really tickled me. I like how it's set in a story-world, and Jack and the narrator are searching to destroy the author (you!). I'm definitely looking forward to the next chapter, which should be just as good, if not better!
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Spotted errors and typos, funny points and other random comments!

Then he noticed that the narrator
    the Pokémon that the narrator had send out
    Jack turned to the narrator.
    "Be careful, Chatot, I do believe that was a Poison Jab attack," warned the narrator.
    The narrator drew yet another Poké Ball from his pocket and enlarged it to full size
    The narrator had caught a Croagunk
    "I say we run like hell," answered the narrator.
    Stunned, the narrator asked Jack, "How did you know that this Rayquaza knew Hyper Beam?"
    The narrator staggered to his feet, and a minute later, responded.
    He turned to the narrator, from whom he heard everything.
    "I can't. I'm just the narrator. I don't make the story, I just tell it."
    o_O No self-glorificating adjectives? The narrator's too soft!

Jack looked at the narrator as if he were stupid
    And now this? Narrator, get your act together!

This:
    "THAT was for doing that whole self-complimentary thing again," said Jack.
    "And what in the name of random stuff are you doing?"
    Should be this:
    "THAT was for doing that whole self-complimentary thing again," said Jack. "And what in the name of random stuff are you doing?"
    In response, the Croagunk made a sound that could only be described as an eerie blubbering noise
    Haha, repetitions like those are awesomely funny.

the Pokémon that the narrator had sent out
    Should be sent, not send

"The shiny Rayquaza you captured in that piece of garbage Missingno. Master dares to call a story!"
    Haha, awesome stuff. Never thought we'd see it again!

Stunned, Jack yelled "Go, Rayquaza, Hyper Beam attack!"

Rayquaza formed another orb in its mouth, this one bright yellow. It shot a carefully aimed beam which struck one Toxicroak straight in the sac, aand caused it to fall back, hitting the other two before it vanished. The remaining Toxicroak then pixellated and vanished in turn. Stunned, the narrator asked Jack, "How did you know that this Rayquaza knew Hyper Beam?"
    Vary a bit. I felt odd reading that because of the two "stunned"'s =P

Jack looked at the narrator as if he was stupid. "It's a shiny Rayquaza captured in a Master Ball in a badly written fanfic. I would've been surprised if it didn't know Hyper Beam."
    Haha, great. Also, he was, not he were.

"One, my shiny Rayquaza is gone. Two, you're actually trying to pick up women through your narration?! That's about as desparate as it gets!"
    Aah... love it, love it.

The narrator staggered to his feet, and a minute later, responded: "Well, if you don't like it, why don't you try narrating the next chapter?!"
    The first part may be a separate sentence, but I think you should at least put a colon here.

"All right, I will!" declared Jack. "And it'll be easy!"
    The next chapter'll be awesome. I hope, for laugh's sake, that Jack fails miserably. Like, typos, ewky description and dat sh*t.

"So you mean none of that self praise was your fault?"

"No, that was all me."
    Ahahaha, best chapter ending ever!
    There is no higher purpose in life. Humans never had, and never will have, a reason for living. God merely created us because he wanted to allow someone to experience the beauty of living.

Hahahahaa! xDDDD This fanfic is hilarious, and I'm really looking forward to reading more. The narrator complimenting himself never gets old.

"I say we run like hell," answered the narrator.
    "Oh, do cheer up, sir," said the gorgeous, and as a hint for the ladies, single narrator.
    "So you mean none of that self praise was your fault?"

"No, that was all me."
    I started laughing SOO hard after reading these!! Oh my gosh!! *still laughing crazily* That was brilliant! Hahaha xDDDD Amazing!! I saw a few typos, but they have already been pointed out. Anyway, excellent job! I'm looking forward to chapter 3! Oh, and I noticed a few run-ons, such as:

The glow it emitted died down, enabling Jack to see that the Pokémon that the narrator had send out was indeed birdlike, with a black head, which had a strange protrusion sticking up out of the back, which gave the head the appearance of a music note, a white ruff of feathers around its neck, blue wings, and a yellow and green chest.
    I'm not certain if this a run-on because it could depend on how you read it, but it sounded strange to me. I recommend separating this sentence into different sentences or something (:

Anyway, brilliant! =DDDDD

And yet another glorious gem that you threw into the pile for us to fix before sending it off to the displa case we call the "Completed Fics" section. Although I found something nobody else did yet:

"That thing making a blubbering noise wouldn't scare me.
    You had the h in 'That' capitalized, needs to be lowercased.

I love this fic, and I hope Jack does an OK job narrating himself like the narrator does. And does the narrator have a name, or is he just the narrator? I suppose it's the latter, as nobody EVER names a narrator. =)

My fic, Drowning.

Quote Originally Posted by starliteevee View Post
    And does the narrator have a name, or is he just the narrator? I suppose it's the latter, as nobody EVER names a narrator. =)
    Or he could pull a Scrubs on us and make it Jack's mission to find out the narrator's real name

Only the heroic and handsome-

"I swear, if the next word that comes out of your mouth is 'narrator', I will throw you in a tank with a school of starving Carvahna!" snarled Jack.
    Only the heroic and hansome storyteller managed to keep his cool
    Haha that figures.
    Tamer's Archives
    A Pokemon fic. Chapter 4 is up [1/25/11]

Heroic Potential
    A Yugioh! fic. Chapter 20 is up [12/14/13]
    ~Back from the dead!~
    No knowledge of the game is required to enjoy this fic!

Aaaand, the fourth wall has just collapsed on me! Ow.

Could this be the most ridiculous, hilarious fic on Serebii? Quite possibly.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

I like how it's set out, it reminds me of Hercules, one of my alltime favourite disney movies. The only thing bad was that stereotypical remark about the butler having a british accent, and being generally british. I just don't know why people think us british are all just posh pricks drinking our barley water and f**king scones. Nothing personal, but I just find it really annoying when people just refer to british people like that.

Otherwise, I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Intelligence View Post
    I like how it's set out, it reminds me of Hercules, one of my alltime favourite disney movies. The only thing bad was that stereotypical remark about the butler having a british accent, and being generally british. I just don't know why people think us british are all just posh pricks drinking our barley water and f**king scones. Nothing personal, but I just find it really annoying when people just refer to british people like that.

Otherwise, I like it!
    Didn't mean to offend anybody by it, sorry. I just always imagined a narrator as being a stereotypical british butler, I dunno why. Glad you like the story, though.

Chapter 3: Attack of the Generic Giant Fighting Robot

"...Jack?"

"What? What do you want?"

"You said you'd narrate this chapter."

".....I knew that," said Jack, who was twice as handsome as the narrator. The narrator buried his ugly face in his hand in disgust.

"I don't know how I let you talk me into this," mumbled the sloppy narrator.

"What do you mean, let me talk you into this?" demanded Jack. "This was your idea!"

The narrator remained silent, as he should.

Not long afterward, Jack and that other guy came across a tin can sitting on the dirt road. "Heh," chuckled Jack. I bet I can kick that thi-

"Uh, excuse me," interrupted the rude narrator.

"WHAT???" roared Jack.

"You, uh, neglected to wrap that other sentence of yours in quotation marks," answered the narrator meekly.

"..... I knew that," said Jack. "I was testing you. And you passed. Very good. Anyway, I bet I can kick that thing a hundred feet down this road." As if to prove his obviously right point, the handsome and athletic Jack took a running start, and kicked the can hard. However, it paused in midair, and began to grow. Once it was the size of a gas tank, it sprouted arms, legs, and a head.

"Oh, poopy," squeaked Jack.

"If I may," ventured the narrator, "you could've been a tad more descriptive of the can's transformation. For example, you could have described the final size of the can better as, say, roughly double the size of a barrel. A gas tank is very ambiguous, and can mean a large canister in which gas is transported, but can also mean the gas tank inside a car, which is really rather small. And-"

"SHUT UP!" roared Jack. 'I don't need you going all nitpicky on me, OK? We have bigger problems here, in case you haven't noticed!'

"Probably not the best time to note that your last sentence was wrapped in apostrophes rather than quotati-" The narrator was interrupted by Jack slapping his face.

"Quiet, fool. How are we gonna get past this thing?"

"Now, now, for all we know, it might be friendly," remarked the stupid narrator.

"DESTROY JACK AND THE NARRATOR!" bellowed the robot.

Jack looked at the narrator. "Does that sound friendly to you?" he asked. The narrator shook his head. "I didn't think so," said Jack.

The robot raised its right hand, which it clenched into a fist. Jack got ready to run, expecting it to punch them. However, a hole opened up in one of its knuckles, and a pair of Poké Balls fell out. As they hit the ground, they burst open, revealing two Pokémon, a Steelix and a Metagross. Both of them were large, particularly the Steelix, who was almost as big as the narrator's mother.

"HEY!" screamed the narrator. "That was uncalled for!" Ignoring him completely, Jack pulled from his pocket a Great Ball, when he heard that all-too-familier and very annoying sound of the narrator shuffling through his Pokémon cards. He pulled out two and began to read.

"Steelix, the Iron Snake Pokémon, and the evolved form of Onix. Steelix's body is extremely hard, as a result of it having been underground for hundreds of years. Metagross, the Iron Leg Pokémon, and the evolved form of Metang. Metagross possesses four brains, which makes its intelligence rival that of a supercomputer."

Jack looked at him as if he was stupid, which he was. "You need to find yourself a girl, mate," he remarked.

"Oh, do shut up. What have you got there?"

"A Pokémon that's gonna save our asses!" With that, Jack threw the ball, revealing a Primeape.

"I should have known," groaned the narrator. "Mr. Short Fuse over here owns a Pokémon version of himself. Oh, well. Croagunk, go!" The narrator tossed the Poké Ball containing his new Croagunk, and then, as if instinctively, pulled out his cards again. Jack groaned loud and long as the narrator began reading. "Primeape, the Pig Monkey Pokémon, and the evolved form of Mankey. Primeape is known for its short temper and extreme mood swings. Extreme caution is advised when training."

Jack then said "Yeah, that's great and all, but look!"

The narrator looked up to see that while he and Jack were yapping away, both Croagunk and Primeape had been KOed.

"HAW, HAW," guffawed the robot. "YOU WASTE YOUR TIME BLABBERING, SO MY STEELIX IS CRUSH YOU POKEMON!"

Wordlessly, Jack and the narrator recalled their badly hurt Pokémon. Jack turned to the narrator and said, "OK, I give. I can't narrate to save my life. You take over!"

The devilishly handsome narrator smiled and said "Very well, sir. And I hope you learned a lesson from all thi-YEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOW!"

For at that moment, upon the words "devilishly handsome narrator", the narrator's Croagunk saw fit to exit its Poké Ball in a flash of light, and stick its purple glowing fingers into the narrator's stomach.

"Oh, no...." groaned the narrator, as he held out aforementioned Poké Ball, returning Croagunk to it in a beam of red energy.

"Yeah, yeah, you can go on about your Brock-esque Croagunk later," snapped Jack. "What do we do about the robot?!" At this, the narrator grinned slyly.

"I have an idea," he said. "It has a great chance of succeeding, and should it succeed, our robot problems will be over."

"I'm liking this so far," said Jack. "Go on."

In response, the narrator dug deep into his left front pants pocket, and extracted a small metal cube, roughly the size of half a brick. It had a large red button built into one side.

"What is it?" asked Jack, somewhat dubious of the item's usefulness.

"It's a plot device," explained the narrator. "When I press the red button, a usually unusual and otherwise inexplicable event will occur, allowing us to overcome whatever difficulty we face. Unfortunately, I only have the one, but I see no alternative for our current situation. You'll understand that we'll stand little chance against Missingno. Master should we first be crushed by a giant fighting robot and its massive Pokémon."

"Enough chatter, hit the damn button!" Jack practically screeched. The narrator jabbed his right thumb into the center of the red button. Almost immediately, the plot device began to glow. Suddenly, Jack felt the back of his pants begin to rise. "What the-?!" Jack exclaimed in horror.

"Jack, it's the Master Ball!" exclaimed the narrator.

"IT'S GIVING ME A WEDGIE!" screamed Jack in an unnaturally high voice. Quite suddenly, the Master Ball detached from his belt, allowing Jack to return to the ground in an abrupt and uncomfortable manner. A red beam of light blasted forth from the ball's button, stretching over the horizon for a second before retracting. The ball then fell, straight into Jack's hand. At that point, the plot device vanished in a puff of black smoke. Almost at once, Jack realized what had happened. He threw the Master Ball, practically giddy.

In a flash of light, and a flurry of stars, Jack's shiny Rayquaza materialized before them. It saw the giant fighting robot, plus Steelix and Metagross, and sprang into action. It shot a stream of flames at Metagross. Metagross, however, began to hover, and then spin, zooming towards Rayquaza. However, Metagross's Gyro Ball was no match for Rayquaza's Flamethrower. Next thing Jack knew, the Iron Leg Pokémon was burned to a crisp. Seeing this, Steelix sprang forward and shot a beam of yellow energy from its mouth. Not even awaiting orders, Rayquaza responded with its own Hyper Beam. The result was a collision of attacks, a massive explosion, and an unconscious Steelix. Next, the giant fighting robot took an earth-shaking step towards Rayquaza. In response, Rayquaza briefly emitted a glow, and then seemed to multiply.

"That's Rayquaza's Double Team," murmured the sexy narrator.

As Croagunk emerged from its ball to assault its trainer, the Rayquaza clones, plus the original, wrapped their tails around the robot, and flew off into space with it. As soon as they left, Jack's Master Ball also vanished. Seeing this, Jack glared angrily at the narrator, who had returned Croagunk to its Poké Ball, and was still reeling from his second Poison Jab of the day.

"Did-did I mention that the plot device usually has a negative side effect on whatever it effected?"

Jack shook his head, still glaring.

"I didn't think so. No hard feelings on that count, then?"

Jack continued to shake his head.

"I didn't think so. You're not going to forgive me, are you?"

Jack shook his head even more.

"I didn't think so."

At that instant, Jack began chasing the narrator down the dirt road, screaming various obscenities and threatening to hire him as Primeape's personal punching bag. This went on for quite a while, until the narrator skidded to a halt. Jack, having not expected this, smashed into him, knocking him down.

"What's the big idea, just stopping like tha-wha???"

For the reason the narrator had stopped was because just before them lay a field of skyscrapers, one in particular dwarfing all the others, being thousands, if not millions, of stories high, and so wide that it seemed more like a wall than a building. The archway before them read "Welcome to Cyber Town, your gateway to the internet". On the left side of the arch, someone had scrawled in red marker, "Internet Explorer sux!"

They had arrived.

"Damn, damn, damn!" grunted Missingno. Master. "They even got past my giant fighting robot?! Stupid friggin' plot device." With that, Missingno. Master began typing. "I'll show them. If I have anything to say about this, those two will never leave the internet alive! GAHAHAHAHAHA!"

------------------------
    End of chapter three. Please rate.

Also, the next chapter should be up within the next two days. I hope.

EDIT: Also, I went back and corrected what I hope to be all the grammar mistakes in Chapter 2. At least, they were all the ones you guys pointed out.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 8th June 2011 at 4:54 PM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Both of them were large, particularly the Steelix, who was almost as big as the narrator's mother.
    That is my favourite line in the fic! I should probably introduce myself, I am Charoshi and have been a closet fan for a while now. I've gone into little fits of laughter quite often reading your story. It is one of the funniest ones I've ever read. I got pretty excited when I saw you posted another chapter. I can't wait for the next one.

Sincerely,
    Your ex-closet fan, Charoshi
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Quote Originally Posted by SerenadeSP View Post
    This is the most amazing chapter title I have ever seen.

That won me over. XD Oh god, Jack's narrating again.

He really doesn't like the narrator does he?

Never mind. THAT won me over. XD

Used the same word twice in the same sentence.

XD Hopefully Bing isn't rigged to explode too. Now they're going to Bulbapedia? This ought to be good.
    Glad you liked it. Also, I apologize for not sending a PM when I posted the chapter. I still gotta get used to the fact that this fic has a PM list now.

Quote Originally Posted by Charoshi View Post
    That is my favourite line in the fic! I should probably introduce myself, I am Charoshi and have been a closet fan for a while now. I've gone into little fits of laughter quite often reading your story. It is one of the funniest ones I've ever read. I got pretty excited when I saw you posted another chapter. I can't wait for the next one.

Sincerely,
    Your ex-closet fan, Charoshi
    Glad you like the story! Next chapter should be up, maybe by Saturday, possibly sooner, I dunno.

Or it could be up right now.

Chapter 7: The Chapter After The Chapter With The Really Long Name That Fails At Humor.

"Oh, thank Arceus the chapter title's not that long this time!"

"Will you shut it? And start narrating!"

"That seems a bit contradictory, sir."

"JUST NARRATE!"

"But I'm tired, sir. In case you've forgotten, we've had to outrun a damn Electrode in the last chapter!"

"Well, I'm not narrating again!"

"Oh, I know! Chatot, go!"

"Squaaak! What do you want?"

"Chatot, would you kindly narrate this chapter for me?"

"Squaaak! Alrighty then," answered the Chatot, who was perfect in every way.

"OK, and we have another problem here," grunted the apelike Jack. "This door to Bulbapedia won't open!" Then he pulled out a miniature prison and enlarged it to full size. "I'm gonna have Koffing break down the doo- did Chatot just say 'miniature prison'?

"Awwk! Indeed I did," answered the always correct Chatot, who was always right, and twice as sexy as his trainer. "Those things are inescapable!"

"If I may interrupt," interrupted the narrator, "first, that usage of 'interrupted' was rather redundant. And second, if they're so inescapable, how is it that Croagunk always manages to escape his when I refer to myself as the sexy stud that I am?"

As if on cue, Croagunk emerged from its spherical prison in a flash of light.

"Oh, come on," groaned the narrator, "I wasn't even narrati-EEEEEEEEEEE!" For the narrator's complaint was drowned out by his own screech of pain, as a bundle of poison-tipped fingers stuck themselves into the narrator's side.

"I tire of this," muttered Jack, and he threw the sphere of doom. "Koffing, GO!" From its prison came Koffing, who hovered in the air, now conscious, but still rather battered from its recent explosion.

"...Hang on a second!" grunted the narrator, as he picked himself up and reimprisoned Croagunk. "Koffing was part of a trap set by Missingno. Master, right?"

"Yeah..."

"So let's use Koffing to find out more about Missingno. Master!"

"How do you think we can- OH!" exclaimed Jack. "OH! That's right! Chatot can translate for us!" Chatot nodded proudly. Without further ado, Jack began talking to Koffing.

"Alright, Koffing, tell us what you know about Missingno. Master Including his weaknesses and how we can get to him."

"Koffing, Koff Koff Koffing. Koffing Koffing Koff. Koffing!"

"Awwk!" squawked Chatot. "Koffing says that Missingno. Master has no weaknesses that he knows of, and that he is outside the internet. To get to him, we must exit the internet."

Jack rolled his eyes. "Koffing, that's what we already know so far. Anything ELSE?!"

"Koffing Koffing, Koffing Koff Koffing."

"Awwk! Koffing says that you're extremely pushy, and that the word 'please' wouldn't kill you."

"RRRRRGH!" Jack was now looking furious. The narrator would not have been surprised to see smoke pouring from his ears. And then, teeth gritted, as if it was an impossible effort, Jack grunted the word "Please.". And then he collapsed and moved no more.

"K-k-k-koffing Koff...." muttered Koffing.

"Awwk! Koffing says, 'Well, I could've been wrong...'."

"It's alright," said the narrator. "Jack's fine, he's just passed out. But I think that in the future, we should definitely refrain from forcing him into politeness. From the looks of things, it really could kill him." Koffing then turned to Chatot and began talking. Chatot translated:

"Awwk! Koffing says that he doesn't know about exiting the internet, but he does know how he entered the internet, and that may be a start. On the seventh floor, there's a room marked "Writing room", where everything that gets written into this story comes into existance. Awwk!"

"But I would remember this," protested the narrator. "After all, I was written into the story as well."

"Awwk! Seems it only applies to stuff written into the story after the Dot Com Building was."

At that point, Jack began to stir. He slowly got to his feet and mumbled "Woah.... What happened?"

"You said 'please' and passed out, sir," replied the narrator. "And Chatot, return. I'm feeling better now, I'll take over the narrating." And the studly narrator held out Chatot's Poké Ball to return him. However, at that moment, Croagunk re-exited its own Poké Ball, and did what it does.

"What did I miss?" asked Jack as the narrator struggled to stand up.

"Ugh... We need to go to the seventh floor. Room called the Writing Room. Everything that was written into this story after the Dot Com Building spawned in that room. It may not be an exit, but it's an entrance."

"Eh, so much can go wrong with this," replied Jack, "But it's our only lead. Let's go."

Returning their Pokémon to their Poké Balls, Jack and the narrator began walking down the hallway.

"Jack?"

"Yeah, what?"

"How are we going to get up to the seventh floor?"

Jack stared at the narrator as if he were stupid, which he clearly wasn't, as he was too studly and sexy to be stupid. "Are you kidding me?! Just NOW you think of that?! Croagunk, hold your fire, I got this one covered." For Croagunk had indeed emerged from its Poké Ball, and was already aiming a Poison Jab. At Jack's words, it stopped and looked at him expectantly. Jack made a fist and drew it back.

"Oh, dear," squeaked the narrator.

BAM!

With incredible force, Jack delivered an astonishing uppercut, which actually managed to lift the narrator off the ground. Not only that, it actually propelled him further upwards and through the ceiling!

"Wow," commented Jack. "I couldn't have done that better if there was a plot device involved!"

"Ugh. Yes, yes, that's all fine. But look! I'm on the second floor now!" exclaimed the narrator.

"Ah, I see what your plan is!" exclaimed Jack. All I gotta do is punch you through five more ceilings, and we'll be on the seventh floor!"

Clearly that hadn't been what the narrator was thinking at all. He held out a Poké Ball through the gap, and called "Croagunk, return!" Meanwhile, Jack jumped up, grabbed onto the ceiling, and hoisted himself up onto the second floor. He then made a fist and started towards the narrator.

"Now really, sir," began the narrator, backing up slowly. "Can't we discuss this rationally?"

Jack shook his head.

"I didn't think so."

At that point, the narrator began running down the hallway at full speed, with Jack hot on his heels. Croagunk then burst free of its Poké Ball and joined in the chase. The narrator hadn't complemented himself again; Croagunk only did so for lack of anything better to do.

Down the hallway they ran. In the distance, the narrator saw a dark red speck. He frowned, wondering what it was. About two seconds later, it became apparant that the red speck was in fact a brick wall, and it was blocking the entire hallway. The narrator tried to stop running, but he had already built up too much momentum. The brick wall was now roughly two or three inches away....!

---------------------
    And end chapter 7!

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 8th June 2011 at 5:03 PM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Don't worry about it. I found it as soon as you posted anyway so it didn't matter.

Chapter 7: The Chapter After The Chapter With The Really Long Name That Fails At Humor.
    Priceless

"Chatot, would you kindly narrate this chapter for me?"

"Squaaak! Alrighty then," answered the Chatot, who was perfect in every way.
    Oh god, another conceited narrator XD

"If I may interrupt," interrupted the narrator, "first, that usage of 'interrupted' was rather redundant.
    XD love it when you do this.

"I tire of this," muttered Jack, and he threw the sphere of doom. "Koffing, GO!"
    I'm repeating myself a lot but I love this story.

"RRRRRGH!" Jack was now looking furious. The narrator would not have been surprised to see smoke pouring from his ears. And then, teeth gritted, as if it was an impossible effort, Jack grunted the word "Please.". And then he collapsed and moved no more.
    "Jack's fine, he's just passed out. But I think that in the future, we should definitely refrain from forcing him into politeness. From the looks of things, it really could kill him."
    Wow, I knew Jack was a jerk but I wasn't expecting this O-o

But I did expect Jack to punch the narrator out at some point, but I didn't expect him to wait so long.

"Ah, I see what your plan is!" exclaimed Jack. All I gotta do is punch you through five more ceilings, and we'll be on the seventh floor!"
    Sounds like a good plan to me.
    Tamer's Archives

Heroic Potential
    ~Back from the dead!~

Good chapter, the plot device thing was clever XD

"It's a plot device," explained the narrator. "When I press the red button, a usually unusual and otherwise inexplicable event will occur, allowing us to overcome whatever difficulty we face. Unfortunately, I only have the one, but I see no alternative for our current situation. You'll understand that we'll stand little chance against Missingno. Master should we first be crushed by a giant fighting robot and its massive Pokémon."
    This is the only mistake I found, other than the intentional ones of course. You forgot to use a quotation mark before 'When'.
    Tamer's Archives

Heroic Potential
    ~Back from the dead!~

Another amazing piece of work, Missigno. Master, however, there is something I'm confused about:

The narrator raised its right hand, which it clenched into a fist. Jack got ready to run, expecting it to punch them. However, a hole opened up in one of its knuckles, and a pair of Poké Balls fell out. As they hit the ground, they burst open, revealing two Pokémon, a Steelix and a Metagross. Both of them were large, particularly the Steelix, who was almost as big as the narrator's mother.
    Bolded Part: Do you meant the Robot, because I was confused there until I replaced "narrator" with "robot".
    Underlined Part: Hilarious =D

I look forward to your next part of it!

My fic, Drowning.

Quote Originally Posted by starliteevee View Post
    Another amazing piece of work, Missigno. Master, however, there is something I'm confused about:

Bolded Part: Do you meant the Robot, because I was confused there until I replaced "narrator" with "robot".
    Underlined Part: Hilarious =D

I look forward to your next part of it!
    Glad you caught that, yes, it was supposed to say robot.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Talking

"Did-did I mention that the plot device usually has a negative side effect on whatever it effected?"

Jack shook his head, still glaring.

"I didn't think so. No hard feelings on that count, then?"

Jack continued to shake his head.

"I didn't think so. You're not going to forgive me, are you?"

Jack shook his head even more.

"I didn't think so."
    My all-time favorite character would have to be the narrator. xD

Jack did an okay-ish job at narrating. The narrator does a better job, in my opinion.

"Oh, poopy," squeaked Jack.
    Jack is a rather interesting individual xD

Both of them were large, particularly the Steelix, who was almost as big as the narrator's mother.

"HEY!" screamed the narrator. "That was uncalled for!"
    *gasp* That was definitely uncalled for! One must not refer to another's mother in such a way! How very rude of Jack xP

Next, the giant fighting Robot took an earth-shaking step towards Rayquaza.
    Was this meant to be capitalized? I noticed that the "r" was lowercased in previous paragraphs.

Anyway, great job! It kept me laughing! This fic is enjoyable! It's nice to see they already made it to Cyber Town. (The Internet Explorer thing made me laugh xD So true. No offense to Internet Explorer.) The only thing I suggest is that Jack shouldn't slap the narrator so frequently. Instead, maybe he could use different actions, such as punching. He slaps him quite often. (Poor narrator Dx)

Anyway, EXCELLENT! =DDDDDD

Quote Originally Posted by Reisude View Post
    Was this meant to be capitalized? I noticed that the "r" was lowercased in previous paragraphs.
    Thanks for catching that, no, the "r" was not supposed to be capitalized.

Anyway, great job! It kept me laughing! This fic is enjoyable! It's nice to see they already made it to Cyber Town. (The Internet Explorer thing made me laugh xD So true. No offense to Internet Explorer.)
    And the ironic thing is, I use Internet Explorer myself!

The only thing I suggest is that Jack shouldn't slap the narrator so frequently. Instead, maybe he could use different actions, such as punching. He slaps him quite often. (Poor narrator Dx)

Anyway, EXCELLENT! =DDDDDD
    Yeah, I agree, Jack shouldn't be slapping the narrator that much. However, as you've undoubtedly noticed, Croagunk's been slowly taking over that role.

I'll try to have the next chapter up by tomorrow morning, but I can't garuntee anything. It'll definitely be up by Tuesday, though, you can be sure.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    Thanks for catching that, no, the "r" was not supposed to be capitalized.

And the ironic thing is, I use Internet Explorer myself!

Yeah, I agree, Jack shouldn't be slapping the narrator that much. However, as you've undoubtedly noticed, Croagunk's been slowly taking over that role.

I'll try to have the next chapter up by tomorrow morning, but I can't garuntee anything. It'll definitely be up by Tuesday, though, you can be sure.
    Really?! I use FireFox. I haven't used Internet Explorer in forever.

Haha xD Yes, the Croagunk, reminding me (and this was also mentioned in the story) of Brock and his Croagunk. And no pressure on the next chapter. I'm looking forward to it =DDDD

Oh yeah! Sorry, I forgot that Kanto's daycare was different. But wait, what is Akshun doing in Cerulean then?
    My FAVORITE part was definitely the mother jokes, the Machop guy, and the Cut tree. The nickname part was also hilarious.
    Not that I should talk. I named my Manectric "Volt." *facepalm* I was only a kid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    ...You impersonate waffle irons? o_O
    You bet! Among other things. Me and my friends have this game...
    Wait, I'm getting off topic.
    Anyway, I don't have time to quote my favorite parts, sorry .
    Thanks for the PM!
    Ugh, I give up. Completing the Pokedex is too hard. And now there's over a 150 more Pokemon for Generation V? No way.
    Futachimaru and Steven Stone are my bishies!! <3

Page 1 of 72 123451151 ... LastLast