Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Adventure of Adventureness

Chapter 4: The Fourth Chapter

Cyber Town, despite the name, more resembled a city, what with its numerous skyscrapers. Jack and the narrator traveled down one of the town's sidewalks, bickering as usual.

"I say we head towards that massive building!"

"And I say we start stopping people and ask them to help!"

"Sir, how do you know that these people will be any help?"

"The same way you know that building's gonna be any help!"

"Speaking of that massive building, it's right this way."

The narrator was quite right. Several blocks before them lay the large, wall-like building that had been so clearly visible when they first arrived in town. Suddenly, a balding man in a cheap suit appeared right before their eyes.

"Well, howdy, folks, and how'd you like to purchase new athlete's foot anti fungal cream? Made by the good folks at Totally Useless Productes incorpora-" The annoyance's blabbering was cut short by Jack picking up the man and tossing him into a nearby trash can.

"What in the name of some guy I've never met was THAT?!" demanded Jack.

"A pop-up, young sir," replied the dashing narrator. At that moment, a flash of light came from one of the narrator's pockets. "Oh, here we go," groaned the narrator as his Croagunk proceeded to stick his side with a Poison Jab. Grunting, the narrator picked himself up, and took Croagunk's Poké Ball out of his pocket. "Croagunk, return," he groaned, holding the ball towards aforementioned Toxic Mouth Pokémon. Croagunk was retrieved into the ball, when a young boy, about Jack's age, approached the narrator.

"Pardon me, sir, but that Croagunk of yours seems strong. How about a battle?"

"Oh, no problem," said the narrator. "Jack, would you mind being the referee?"

Jack shrugged wordlessly. The young boy and the narrator stood a good ten feet away. The narrator threw Croagunk's Poké Ball, calling "Croagunk, let's do this!" Croagunk reappeared in a flash of light. The young boy pulled his own Poké Ball out of his pocket and threw it.

"Porygon, go!"

In a flash of light, a strange Pokémon appeared. It vaguely resembled an animal of some sort, but it had no round parts. It floated in midair, its blue and white body parts shifting position slightly. "Porygon," it droned in a digital voice. As it spoke, a flurry of stars flew up around it. Jack groaned loudly as the narrator pulled out his cards and shuffled through them, finally selecting one. However, the Porygon picture on this was blue where this Porygon was white, and pink where it was blue. The narrator began to read.

"Porygon, the Virtual Pokémon. Porygon is capable of traveling through cyberspace. Because it does not need to breathe, people are eager to test its capabilities in any environment."

The narrator then looked up. "Shiny Porygon or not," he said, "You're going down! Croagunk! Cross Chop!"

Croagunk croaked menacingly, as it leapt towards Porygon, arms raised in an "X" position, hands glowing white.

"Dodge it and use Psybeam!" called the opponent. Porygon floated upwards through means unknown, allowing Croagunk to sail neatly beneath it and hit the sidewalk. Porygon then turned around and shot from its beak a bolt of multicolored light. The narrator knew that if the Psybeam hit Croagunk, it was all over. However, without even waiting for orders, Croagunk formed a black-purple orb in its mouth, and shot a blast from it. The Dark Pulse completely destroyed the Psybeam, and continued straight for Porygon.

"Use Conversion2!"

Porygon took on a brief glow, which then faded. The Dark Pulse then hit it, but didn't seem to do much. The young boy smiled. "Porygon's now of a type that resists Dark moves," he explained. The narrator thought about this. He reasoned that the types that resist Dark moves, other than Fighting, were weak to fighting. With that in mind, he called out.

"Croagunk, Focus Blast!"

Croagunk formed a blue orb between its hands, which then flew off towards Porygon. The attack hit its mark, causing an explosion. Porygon fell towards the sidewalk, and struggled to get up. However, at that point, Porygon began to glow! The young boy, the narrator, and Jack stared at it in delight, horror, and indifference, respectively, as Porygon began to change shape slightly. When the glow subsided, Porygon was gone, only for there to be a smaller, sleeker version of itself in its place. Unlike Porygon, this Pokémon had no angles. It was all rounded.

"Porygon2, the Virtual Pokémon, and the evolved form of Porygon. Although this upgraded version of Porygon was designed for usage in outer space, it cannot fly," the narrator read off another card. "However, this makes no sense. Porygon must be traded whilst holding an Up-Grade to evolve!"

"Usually," replied the opponent, "but here in Cyber Town, Porygon and Porygon2 can evolve randomly. It's all the internet and technology in the air, I think. I even saw a guy's Porygon evolve straight to Porygon-Z, completely skipping the Porygon2 stage! It-"

"Porygon2 is unable to battle," interrupted Jack. For indeed, even after evolving, Porygon2 was unable to pick its tired self up off the ground, and it fell into unconsciousness. Its distraught trainer returned it to its Poké Ball, and made to run away. However, the narrator stopped him.

"My good lad, can you by any chance point us to someone who can help us? We wish to leave the internet, you see." The boy blinked in surprise.

"Well, I wouldn't know, but you could visit the Dot Com Building. Those guys there know everything about the internet, someone there must know about leaving it."

"And where is the Dot Com Building?"

The boy pointed right at the tremendous building a few blocks down. "It's huge, you can't possibly miss it," he said. With that, he walked away.

The narrator returned Croagunk to its ball, turned to Jack with a smug grin on his face and opened his mouth. However, Jack beat him; "If you so much as THINK the words 'I told you so', I'll use you as target practice when I'm teaching my Primeape Close Combat!"

So in silence, the two of them set off for the Dot Com Building.

"Well?" demanded Missingno. Master. "What news?"

"Everything going according to plan, sir," answered the young boy who had battled the narrator previously, through the computer screen. "They're headed for the Dot Com Building, and my sources tell me that the traps are set."

"Good, good," chuckled Missingno. Master. "That's very good."

The two of them then began laughing maniacally, plotting their evil plot.
    ----------------------
    End of Chapter 4. Please rate.

Spoiler:- Major events:
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 8th June 2011 at 5:55 PM.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Ah! I read this a few days ago but forgot to post >_<

The narrator was quite right. Several blocks before them lay the large, wall-like building that had been so clearly visible when they first arrived in town. Suddenly, a balding man in a cheap suit appeared right before their eyes.

"Well, howdy, folks, and how'd you like to purchase new athlete's foot anti fungal cream? Made by the good folks at Totally Useless Productes incorpora-" The annoyance's blabbering was cut short by Jack picking up the man and tossing him into a nearby trash can.

"What in the name of some guy I've never met was THAT?!" demanded Jack.

"A pop-up, young sir," replied the dashing narrator.
    I love the clever internet and story jokes you come up with. This one is my second favorite so far(first one being Jack narrating, that was funny).

Croagunk formed a blue orb between its hands, which then flew off towards Porygon. The attack hit its mark, causing an explosion. Porygon fell towards the sidewalk, and struggled to get up. However, at that point, Porygon began to glow! The young boy, the narrator, and Jack stared at it in delight, horror, and indifference, respectively, as Porygon began to change shape slightly. When the glow subsided, Porygon was gone, only for there to be a smaller, sleeker version of itself in its place. Unlike Porygon, this Pok&#233;mon had no angles. It was all rounded.

"Porygon2, the Virtual Pok&#233;mon, and the evolved form of Porygon. Although this upgraded version of Porygon was designed for usage in outer space, it cannot fly," the narrator read off another card. "However, this makes no sense. Porygon must be traded whilst holding an Up-Grade to evolve!"

"Usually," replied the opponent, "but here in Cyber Town, Porygon and Porygon2 can evolve randomly. It's all the internet and technology in the air, I think. I even saw a guy's Porygon evolve straight to Porygon-Z, completely skipping the Porygon2 stage! It-"

"Porygon2 is unable to battle," interrupted Jack. For indeed, even after evolving, Porygon2 was unable to pick its tired self up off the ground, and it fell into unconsciousness. Its distraught trainer returned it to its Pok&#233; Ball, and made to run away. However, the narrator stopped him.
    Ha, you brought up something that always bothered me in the Anime - When a Pokemon gets totally destoried in battle, evolves, and then is suddenly fully healed. I wish that happened in the games.

"My good lad, can you by any chance point us to someone who can help us? We wish to leave the internet, you see." The boy blinked in surprise.

"Well, I wouldn't know, but you could visit the Dot Com Building. Those guys there know everything about the internet, someone there must know about leaving it."

"And where is the Dot Com Building?"

The boy pointed right at the tremendous building a few blocks down. "It's huge, you can't possibly miss it," he said. With that, he walked away.

The narrator returned Croagunk to its ball, turned to Jack with a smug grin on his face and opened his mouth. However, Jack beat him; "If you so much as THINK the words 'I told you so', I'll use you as target practice when I'm teaching my Primeape Close Combat!"

So in silence, the two of them set off for the Dot Com Building.
    XD that figures

Just a random question, was there any reason you made the Porygon shiny or did you just do it because you felt like it?
    Yu-Gi-Oh: World Tour
    ~NEW~
    A collab fic (w/ Brandy Beavers & Uninspired Author)
    Second Stop is up [11/18/14]

Heroic Potential
    A Yugioh! fic. Chapter 20 is up [12/14/13]

Quote Originally Posted by SerenadeSP View Post
    I love the clever internet and story jokes you come up with. This one is my second favorite so far(first one being Jack narrating, that was funny).
    If you like them now, just wait. There's quite a few more to come.

Ha, you brought up something that always bothered me in the Anime - When a Pokemon gets totally destoried in battle, evolves, and then is suddenly fully healed. I wish that happened in the games.
    Yeah, you always assume that when a Pokemon evolves, it's gonna be ready to go. I like to be unpredictable.
    Just a random question, was there any reason you made the Porygon shiny or did you just do it because you felt like it?
    Just felt like making the Porygon shiny.

Sorry I haven't been working on this lately, I've been on vacation, and very busy afterwards. And I'm starting college tomorrow, and that ain't helping. I'll try and see if I can get up Chapter 5 within a week, but I can't make any garuntees.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

lolz, I like it. Good descriptions of characters, only problem is, you didn't give a description for the boy at all.
    Shoot Confirmed.

the Writers of Justice + the Fanfiction Mafia

banner and userbar by the fantastic Brutaka / gif by a friend

PokeCommunity . Writers of Justice . FanFiction.Net

There are no words.

There seriously aren't any words I can think of that describes how awesome this is. If it didn't hurt me to laugh for some mysterious reason and the muscles around my knee weren't damaged, I assure you I would be on the floor laughing. As Silver pointed out, there wasn't any description of Jack, but is that simply meant to mean that Jack is a stand-in for armies of newbie Pokémon Trainers or what? Sorry I can't say more, this is pretty obviously a comedy story and I can't find any typoes in it.

KEEP GOING STRONG! (please?)

Truly, I sincerely apologize for the lack of updates. College has been eating my time like Pac-Man eats dots. Believe me, I want to put up new chapters just as much as you want to see them.

I've been working on chapter 5 in what little spare time I had, and it's not done yet. I will attempt to have it up within the next week, but again, I can't garuntee a thing. Just please know that I have not forgotten this.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Told you I haven't forgotten this.

Truly I apologize for the insanely and ridiculously long wait for this chapter. I've had more distractions over the past 10 months than I could've predicted. And now, without further ado, chapter 5!

Chapter 5: The Chapter You've Been Waiting Almost A Year For

The wall-esque Dot Com Building loomed before Jack and the narrator. They stood before the building, not yet going in. Although, this was not so much out of nervousness as it was due to the fact that the two of them were dead tired.

"Finally, w-we made it," panted Jack. "Damn building seemed so close when we started. I swear, it must have taken us ten months to reach this thing!"

"I'll agree with you there," gasped the narrator, who was still amazingly studly in spite of all the sweat. As Croagunk emerged from its Poké Ball to assault its trainer, Jack looked up at the building. It looked even larger up close, which Jack hadn't thought possible.

"How the freakin' hell are we supposed to find what we're looking for in this insane building?! It's huge! It'll take us another ten months just to explore the place!"

"Well," grunted the narrator, still reeling from his Croagunk's Poison Jab, "There's one way to find out." With that, the narrator walked through the automatic doors. Jack, rolling his eyes for no particular reason, followed.

The Dot Com Building's lobby was large and fancy. In his mind, Jack compared it to a real fancy hotel's lobby. Up ahead, there stood a highly polished wooden desk, with a cute woman behind it. The desk was empty, save for a wooden carving of a Vibrava. Jack looked at the narrator, who was straightening his bow tie. He then turned to Jack and handed him a Poké Ball.

"Jack, would you please ensure that Croagunk doesn't interrupt?" asked the narrator. Jack nodded and took Croagunk's Poké Ball. The narrator then arrived at the desk and proceeded to flirt with the receptionist. As if on cue, Croagunk emerged from its Poké Ball, and gave Jack a look. Jack nodded, grinning evilly. Croagunk returned the grin, bounded over to the narrator with surprising speed, and Poison Jabbed him. Croagunk then dragged its trainer away. The receptionist looked on, slightly amused. Jack then approached the desk.

"Sorry about that," said Jack. "Anyway, could you possibly help us? We're looking for a way out of the internet."

"Why, certainly, young man," answered the receptionist. "I- did you say you're looking for a way out of the internet?"

"...Yes, I did," answered Jack. The receptionist seemed to be acting rather odd all of a sudden.

"...So, you must be Jack, and that flirt machine over there must be the narrator."

"...Yes, we are."

"Ah, OK," answered the receptionist. Then, as casually as possible, she reached for the wooden Vibrava carving, turned it upside down, and pressed a large red button on it. The effect was immediate. Red lights flashed on and off all over the lobby. A siren blared loud and long.

"Not good," muttered the gorgeous narrator to Jack. As Croagunk proceeded to attack the narrator, Jack looked up in alarm, having heard a sinister whirring noise. The noise was caused by numerous ceiling tiles sliding open. Jack braced himself, knowing something was going to fall through. Sure enough, through each tile fell a spherical purple Pokémon, each of them emitting yellow gas. Beneath each Pokémon's face, their bodies bore a skull and crossbones symbol. Instead of hitting the ground, the Pokémon all stopped in midair and hovered in place. Next to Jack, the narrator struggled to his feet while shuffling through his Pokémon cards. He then pulled out one bearing a picture of their assailants. The narrator read from the card.

"Koffing, the Poison Gas Pokémon. Koffing feeds on rotten kitchen garbage. It stores various toxic gases in its body, and may-" However, the narrator was interrupted at that point, for a Koffing immediately to his left exploded without warning, knocking Jack and the narrator to the floor.

"...explode.... without.... warning..." the narrator gasped, reading the last three words on the card. The duo managed to climb back on their feet. Jack pulled out Primeape's Great Ball, as the narrator readied two Poké Balls. The two faced each other, nodded, and threw all three balls simultaneously. "GO!" they yelled together. In flashes of light, Primeape, Chatot, and Croagunk materialized, and looked around at their opponents. Almost immediately, all the Koffing started spewing streams of rancid, black gunk at the new arrivals. Jack reacted immediately.

"Primeape, Fury Swipes!" he ordered. Immediately, Primeape began clawing at the air so fast that its hands became blurs. The three or four Sludge attacks could not get past Primeape's rapidly moving hands. The narrator's Pokémon weren't so lucky. Chatot was already knocked out. Croagunk, on the other hand, actually seemed to enjoy being splattered with Sludge. Jack then gasped. "LOOK!" he shouted. The narrator turned to face the direction Jack was pointing, and saw that the receptionist had fled, undoubtedly aware of Koffing's explosive nature. "Look on the floor, dummy," snarled Jack. The narrator looked down and saw a metallic cube with a large red button on one side; the receptionist undoubtedly must have dropped it in her haste to escape. "A plot device!" gasped the narrator. Without thinking, the narrator dove under a Koffing, grabbed the little cube, and jammed his thumb on the button.

BOOOM!

Almost immediately, all the Koffing exploded.

As the narrator got back up, he saw that Jack had returned Primeape to its Poké Ball. Croagunk was a little stunned, but otherwise seemed okay. Jack, however, was glaring at the narrator.

"You IDIOT! You incompetent, self-glorifying imbecile!" roared Jack.

"Oh, do calm down," snapped the narrator. "If you'll care to notice, all the Koffing are unconscious, and thus no longer a threat." Jack grunted in response, then pulled out a Poké Ball.

"What are you doing?" asked the handsome narrator. As Croagunk lunged towards its trainer, glowing hand first, Jack replied,

"I did always want one of these, so why not? Poké Ball, go!" Jack lobbed the ball at one of the Koffing. On contact, the ball split open and converted the Koffing into red energy, which was then sucked into the ball. The ball hit the floor and began wobbling. Several seconds later, it became still, indicating that the capture was successful. Jack picked up his Poké Ball as the narrator picked up himself.

"So what do we do now?" asked Jack.

"Well, this may be of some help to us," replied the narrator, pointing at a sign hanging near a hallway entrance.

"www.google.com- search engine," Jack read aloud. "Well, a search engine may help us find a way out of the internet. Lead the way, then."

The narrator started down the hallway, and Jack followed. Snickering to himself, Jack decided against telling the narrator that the explosion had singed off the seat of his pants, revealing his yellow and pink striped boxer shorts for all the world to see.

--------------------------

End chapter 5

Again, I apologize for the ridiculous wait for this chapter. I hope you'll find this chapter worth the wait.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 8th June 2011 at 5:56 PM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Holy crap, it's back!! *throws a party*

Although, this was not so much out of nervousness as it was due to the fact that the two of them were dead tired.
    When I first read this I thought it said '...that the two of them were dead." O.o

"Damn building seemed so close when we started. I swear, it must have taken us ten months to reach this thing!"
    XD that explains that.

As if on cue, Croagunk emerged from its Poké Ball, and gave Jack a look. Jack nodded, grinning evilly. Croagunk returned the grin, bounded over to the narrator with surprising speed, and Poison Jabbed him. Croagunk then dragged its trainer away. The receptionist looked on, slightly amused. Jack then approached the desk.
    Of course, it had to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragraph 14
    Beneach each Pokémon's face, their bodies bore a skull and crossbones symbol.
    I think you meant "Beneath".

The narrator looked down and saw a metallic cube with a large red button on one side; the receptionist undoubtedly must have dropped it in her haste to escape. "A plot device!"
    I don't think I said this before but I love how plot devices are just boxes with a button on it. It makes it seem so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragraph 23 & 24
    "What are you doing?" asked the handsome narrator. As Croagunk lunged towards its trainer, glowing hand first, Jack replied,

"I did always want one of these, so why not? Poké Ball, go!" said Jack,
    Just a small mistake, one of the two is not needed.

"www.google.com- search engine," Jack read aloud. "Well, a search engine may help us find a way out of the internet. Lead the way, then."
    When in doubt, google it.

Glad this is back. Did I ask to be on a PM List? If not, I will now.
    ~NEW~

Heroic Potential

Holy crap, it's back!! *throws a party*

When I first read this I thought it said '...that the two of them were dead." O.o

XD that explains that.

Of course, it had to be done.

I think you meant "Beneath".

I don't think I said this before but I love how plot devices are just boxes with a button on it. It makes it seem so simple.

Just a small mistake, one of the two is not needed.

When in doubt, google it.

Glad this is back. Did I ask to be on a PM List? If not, I will now.
    Mistakes are corrected, glad you like the chapter.

Never thought about starting a PM list for this, but that's a good idea. You're on the list.

And the next chapter should be up within the week, though I can't make any promises. Well, okay, I can make this promise- you won't have to wait another ten months for the next one!
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 13th July 2010 at 12:09 AM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

...And here we are!

Chapter 6: The Chapter With A Really, Really Long, Rambling, And Nonsensical Title, Intended To Kill Time And Generally Act As A Fail Attempt At Humor.

"...Hey."

"HEY!"

"What? What is it?"

"The chapter's started. Start narrating already!"

"What? It has? You mean that we've reached the end of that dreadfully long chapter title?"

"Yeah. SO WHY AREN'T YOU NARRATING?!"

"Hey, this walking can wear a narrator out. Do me a favor, why don't you narrate for a while?"

'Oh, fine, you wuss,' snapped the intellectually superior Jack. The dumb narrator rolled his eyes.

"Sir, if I may-"

"NO, YOU MAY NOT!"

"But that first sentence you narrated, it's wrapped in apostrophes, rather than quotatio-"

"SHUT UP!" roared Jack. The narrator fell silent, as he should.

After not long enough, the underqualified narrator spoke again, against all that is right.

"First off, lay off the insults. Second, don't you find it odd that we have yet to encounter any more traps?"

"Huh," muttered Jack. "For once in your life, you may have something here. We've been walking down this hallway for ages now, and nothing."

"I'm betting they didn't expect us to get past those Koffing, remarked the narrator. "And you forgot that last quotation mark."

Jack was just opening his mouth to respond in all caps, when suddenly, a hole opened up in the ceiling before them. Through the hole fell a Pokémon that could only be described as a large Poké Ball with eyes. Jack groaned as the all-too-stupid narrator pulled out those damned strips of cardboard, shuffled them in his annoying way, and pulled out one bearing a picture of the thing before them.

"Alright, I'll take over the narrating once more," snapped the narrator, "And Voltorb, the Ball Pokémon. Voltorb was first discovered in a Poké Ball factory, and it is rumored that this was more than coincidence. It is prone to exploding suddenly, violently, and without provocation."

"So this thing can explode?" asked Jack, rather nervously.

"That's right," replied the hot narrator.

As Croagunk emerged from its Poké Ball to Poison Jab its trainer, Jack began backing up slowly. The Voltorb before them narrowed its eyes and began to crackle with electricity. As the narrator pulled himself to his feet, he called out, "Croagunk, use Dark Pulse!"

Croagunk croaked loudly, as it formed a dark orb in its mouth, then shot a beam of energy from it. In response, Voltorb began spinning very fast, and it headed towards Croagunk. The Dark Pulse was deflected by the sheer speed of the Gyro Ball attack. The narrator then called for a Cross Chop. As Croagunk's crossed arms made contact with Voltorb, it stopped spinning, and rolled backwards a little bit. All of a sudden, Voltorb began to glow!

"Uh-oh," muttered Jack, "is it about to explode?"

"I don't think so," responded the narrator. "I think it's evolving!"

Sure enough, the glowing sphere could be seen growing larger, until it was roughly the size of an overinflated exercise ball. The glow subsided, revealing what appeared to be a larger, upside-down Voltorb, with smaller eyes, and a huge, almost maniacal grin. Its white teeth showed brilliantly against the red bottom half of its body. Predictably, the narrator shuffled through his Pokémon cards again, and pulled out one with a picture of the Pokémon before them and began to read.

"Electrode, the Ball Pokémon, and the evolved form of Voltorb. Electrode feeds on electricity, and is prone to exploding with even more violence and unpredictability than Voltorb. Trainers are advised to use extreme caution when handling."

"So let me get this straight," said Jack. "This thing is basically a living bomb and the embodiment of instability?"

"Yep."

As if in response, Electrode began sparking with electricity. A thin stream of smoke began to rise from it. Slowly, it began to glow. Jack and the narrator both knew that it was readying a massive Explosion attack.

"I knew we should've used Bing," muttered Jack.

"RUN!" screamed the studly narrator.

The duo turned to run, with Croagunk hot on their heels, attempting to Poison Jab the narrator. Behind them, Electrode exploded.

The blast rocked the entire Dot Com Building, as Jack, the narrator, and Croagunk all ran back into the lobby. Without even slowing down, they dashed down another hallway.

Once they were a good distance down the hallway, they finally stopped.

"I.. I think we're safe now-URK!" gasped the narrator as Croagunk finally attacked. As the narrator returned Croagunk to its Poké Ball, Jack gazed at a nearby door.

"Jack? What are you looking at?" inquired the hot, sexy, studly, and all around gorgeous narrator. Jack did not immediately answer, for at the sound of the narrator's barrage of self-glorification, Croagunk emerged from its Poké Ball once more, both hands glowing purple, and used both hands to Poison Jab the narrator repeatedly. As the narrator struggled to get up, Jack smiled and said,

"This may not be a way out of the internet, but I'm betting we may find out more about this Missingno. Master guy." And he pointed at the plate on the door.

It read, "Bulbapedia".

---------------------

End chapter 6.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 8th June 2011 at 5:57 PM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Chapter 6: The Chapter With A Really, Really Long, Rambling, And Nonsensical Title, Intended To Kill Time And Generally Act As A Fail Attempt At Humor.
    This is the most amazing chapter title I have ever seen.

"The chapter's started. Start narrating already!"

"What? It has? You mean that we've reached the end of that dreadfully long chapter title?"
    That won me over. XD Oh god, Jack's narrating again.

After not long enough, the underqualified narrator spoke again, against all that is right.
    He really doesn't like the narrator does he?

Jack was just opening his mouth to respond in all caps, when suddenly, a hole opened up in the ceiling before them.
    Never mind. THAT won me over. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Paragraph 26
    In response, Voltorb began spinning very fast, and began heading towards Croagunk.
    Used the same word twice in the same sentence.

"I knew we should've used Bing," muttered Jack.
    XD Hopefully Bing isn't rigged to explode too. Now they're going to Bulbapedia? This ought to be good.
    ~NEW~

Heroic Potential

Both of them were large, particularly the Steelix, who was almost as big as the narrator's mother.
    That is my favourite line in the fic! I should probably introduce myself, I am Charoshi and have been a closet fan for a while now. I've gone into little fits of laughter quite often reading your story. It is one of the funniest ones I've ever read. I got pretty excited when I saw you posted another chapter. I can't wait for the next one.

Sincerely,
    Your ex-closet fan, Charoshi
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

This is the most amazing chapter title I have ever seen.

That won me over. XD Oh god, Jack's narrating again.

He really doesn't like the narrator does he?

Never mind. THAT won me over. XD

Used the same word twice in the same sentence.

XD Hopefully Bing isn't rigged to explode too. Now they're going to Bulbapedia? This ought to be good.
    Glad you liked it. Also, I apologize for not sending a PM when I posted the chapter. I still gotta get used to the fact that this fic has a PM list now.

Quote Originally Posted by Charoshi View Post
    That is my favourite line in the fic! I should probably introduce myself, I am Charoshi and have been a closet fan for a while now. I've gone into little fits of laughter quite often reading your story. It is one of the funniest ones I've ever read. I got pretty excited when I saw you posted another chapter. I can't wait for the next one.

Sincerely,
    Your ex-closet fan, Charoshi
    Glad you like the story! Next chapter should be up, maybe by Saturday, possibly sooner, I dunno.

Or it could be up right now.

Chapter 7: The Chapter After The Chapter With The Really Long Name That Fails At Humor.

"Oh, thank Arceus the chapter title's not that long this time!"

"Will you shut it? And start narrating!"

"That seems a bit contradictory, sir."

"JUST NARRATE!"

"But I'm tired, sir. In case you've forgotten, we've had to outrun a damn Electrode in the last chapter!"

"Well, I'm not narrating again!"

"Oh, I know! Chatot, go!"

"Squaaak! What do you want?"

"Chatot, would you kindly narrate this chapter for me?"

"Squaaak! Alrighty then," answered the Chatot, who was perfect in every way.

"OK, and we have another problem here," grunted the apelike Jack. "This door to Bulbapedia won't open!" Then he pulled out a miniature prison and enlarged it to full size. "I'm gonna have Koffing break down the doo- did Chatot just say 'miniature prison'?

"Awwk! Indeed I did," answered the always correct Chatot, who was always right, and twice as sexy as his trainer. "Those things are inescapable!"

"If I may interrupt," interrupted the narrator, "first, that usage of 'interrupted' was rather redundant. And second, if they're so inescapable, how is it that Croagunk always manages to escape his when I refer to myself as the sexy stud that I am?"

As if on cue, Croagunk emerged from its spherical prison in a flash of light.

"Oh, come on," groaned the narrator, "I wasn't even narrati-EEEEEEEEEEE!" For the narrator's complaint was drowned out by his own screech of pain, as a bundle of poison-tipped fingers stuck themselves into the narrator's side.

"I tire of this," muttered Jack, and he threw the sphere of doom. "Koffing, GO!" From its prison came Koffing, who hovered in the air, now conscious, but still rather battered from its recent explosion.

"...Hang on a second!" grunted the narrator, as he picked himself up and reimprisoned Croagunk. "Koffing was part of a trap set by Missingno. Master, right?"

"Yeah..."

"So let's use Koffing to find out more about Missingno. Master!"

"How do you think we can- OH!" exclaimed Jack. "OH! That's right! Chatot can translate for us!" Chatot nodded proudly. Without further ado, Jack began talking to Koffing.

"Alright, Koffing, tell us what you know about Missingno. Master Including his weaknesses and how we can get to him."

"Koffing, Koff Koff Koffing. Koffing Koffing Koff. Koffing!"

"Awwk!" squawked Chatot. "Koffing says that Missingno. Master has no weaknesses that he knows of, and that he is outside the internet. To get to him, we must exit the internet."

Jack rolled his eyes. "Koffing, that's what we already know so far. Anything ELSE?!"

"Koffing Koffing, Koffing Koff Koffing."

"Awwk! Koffing says that you're extremely pushy, and that the word 'please' wouldn't kill you."

"RRRRRGH!" Jack was now looking furious. The narrator would not have been surprised to see smoke pouring from his ears. And then, teeth gritted, as if it was an impossible effort, Jack grunted the word "Please.". And then he collapsed and moved no more.

"K-k-k-koffing Koff...." muttered Koffing.

"Awwk! Koffing says, 'Well, I could've been wrong...'."

"It's alright," said the narrator. "Jack's fine, he's just passed out. But I think that in the future, we should definitely refrain from forcing him into politeness. From the looks of things, it really could kill him." Koffing then turned to Chatot and began talking. Chatot translated:

"Awwk! Koffing says that he doesn't know about exiting the internet, but he does know how he entered the internet, and that may be a start. On the seventh floor, there's a room marked "Writing room", where everything that gets written into this story comes into existance. Awwk!"

"But I would remember this," protested the narrator. "After all, I was written into the story as well."

"Awwk! Seems it only applies to stuff written into the story after the Dot Com Building was."

At that point, Jack began to stir. He slowly got to his feet and mumbled "Woah.... What happened?"

"You said 'please' and passed out, sir," replied the narrator. "And Chatot, return. I'm feeling better now, I'll take over the narrating." And the studly narrator held out Chatot's Poké Ball to return him. However, at that moment, Croagunk re-exited its own Poké Ball, and did what it does.

"What did I miss?" asked Jack as the narrator struggled to stand up.

"Ugh... We need to go to the seventh floor. Room called the Writing Room. Everything that was written into this story after the Dot Com Building spawned in that room. It may not be an exit, but it's an entrance."

"Eh, so much can go wrong with this," replied Jack, "But it's our only lead. Let's go."

Returning their Pokémon to their Poké Balls, Jack and the narrator began walking down the hallway.

"Jack?"

"Yeah, what?"

"How are we going to get up to the seventh floor?"

Jack stared at the narrator as if he were stupid, which he clearly wasn't, as he was too studly and sexy to be stupid. "Are you kidding me?! Just NOW you think of that?! Croagunk, hold your fire, I got this one covered." For Croagunk had indeed emerged from its Poké Ball, and was already aiming a Poison Jab. At Jack's words, it stopped and looked at him expectantly. Jack made a fist and drew it back.

"Oh, dear," squeaked the narrator.

BAM!

With incredible force, Jack delivered an astonishing uppercut, which actually managed to lift the narrator off the ground. Not only that, it actually propelled him further upwards and through the ceiling!

"Wow," commented Jack. "I couldn't have done that better if there was a plot device involved!"

"Ugh. Yes, yes, that's all fine. But look! I'm on the second floor now!" exclaimed the narrator.

"Ah, I see what your plan is!" exclaimed Jack. All I gotta do is punch you through five more ceilings, and we'll be on the seventh floor!"

Clearly that hadn't been what the narrator was thinking at all. He held out a Poké Ball through the gap, and called "Croagunk, return!" Meanwhile, Jack jumped up, grabbed onto the ceiling, and hoisted himself up onto the second floor. He then made a fist and started towards the narrator.

"Now really, sir," began the narrator, backing up slowly. "Can't we discuss this rationally?"

Jack shook his head.

"I didn't think so."

At that point, the narrator began running down the hallway at full speed, with Jack hot on his heels. Croagunk then burst free of its Poké Ball and joined in the chase. The narrator hadn't complemented himself again; Croagunk only did so for lack of anything better to do.

Down the hallway they ran. In the distance, the narrator saw a dark red speck. He frowned, wondering what it was. About two seconds later, it became apparant that the red speck was in fact a brick wall, and it was blocking the entire hallway. The narrator tried to stop running, but he had already built up too much momentum. The brick wall was now roughly two or three inches away....!

---------------------
    And end chapter 7!

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 8th June 2011 at 6:03 PM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Don't worry about it. I found it as soon as you posted anyway so it didn't matter.

Chapter 7: The Chapter After The Chapter With The Really Long Name That Fails At Humor.
    Priceless

"Chatot, would you kindly narrate this chapter for me?"

"Squaaak! Alrighty then," answered the Chatot, who was perfect in every way.
    Oh god, another conceited narrator XD

"If I may interrupt," interrupted the narrator, "first, that usage of 'interrupted' was rather redundant.
    XD love it when you do this.

"I tire of this," muttered Jack, and he threw the sphere of doom. "Koffing, GO!"
    I'm repeating myself a lot but I love this story.

"RRRRRGH!" Jack was now looking furious. The narrator would not have been surprised to see smoke pouring from his ears. And then, teeth gritted, as if it was an impossible effort, Jack grunted the word "Please.". And then he collapsed and moved no more.
    "Jack's fine, he's just passed out. But I think that in the future, we should definitely refrain from forcing him into politeness. From the looks of things, it really could kill him."
    Wow, I knew Jack was a jerk but I wasn't expecting this O-o

But I did expect Jack to punch the narrator out at some point, but I didn't expect him to wait so long.

"Ah, I see what your plan is!" exclaimed Jack. All I gotta do is punch you through five more ceilings, and we'll be on the seventh floor!"
    Sounds like a good plan to me.
    ~NEW~

Heroic Potential

That plan is a genius plan. I daresay the narrarator (Who is not sexy in any way) finally thought of a good plan that doesn't involve "use plot device".
    Pokemon TCG revamped: The game! - A link to my game. It's locked now, but I'm working on reviving it. If you attempt to recreate it, I will EAT YOU.

...what? I know that I agree with this entirely.

Chapter 8: The Chapter After The Chapter After The Chapter With The Really Long-

"OH, CAN IT ALREADY!" roared Jack. "That gag got old in Chapter 7, for crying out loud!

"Jack?"

"WHAT?!"

"Didn't you notice something?" asked the narrator.

"You mean, aside from the fact that Missingno. Master fails at making chapter titles?"

"Yes. We didn't crash into that brick wall we were on a collision course with at the end of the last chapter."

"Huh!" Jack turned around and looked back. There was the brick wall, as solid as ever. Or was it? Jack walked up to it, and tried to touch it. However, his hand went straight through the wall!

"It's a hologram!" exclaimed the narrator. "We must be going the right way, why else would there be a holographic brick wall here?"

At that point, Croagunk came bounding through the hologram, and prepare to Poison Jab the narrator. Then, it froze absurdly in mid-Jab, apparently just realizing that its trainer hadn't complemented himself and that he had joined the chase out of boredom.

Jack looked around the hallway. On this side of the holographic brick wall, there was nothing, except for a door standing at the very end of the hallway. Jack walked towards this door, and made to pull it open.

"What are you doing?!" demanded the narrator. "It could be a trap!"

"Or it could be a flight of stairs," retorted Jack, "Unless you want to go back to my original plan of punching you through the ceiling?"

At this, the narrator dashed over and opened the door himself. Beyond it indeed stood a flight of stairs.

"Piece of cake," grinned Jack, as he led the way up the stairs. However, Jack's grin faded as he saw that the stairs only led to the third floor, and to yet another loooooooooooooooooooooooong hallway. Jack then turned around and glared at the narrator.

"What?!"

"Did you really need to make the word 'long' that, well, long?"

"It emphasizes the point." Jack shook his head and started down the hallway. Not too long after, they saw to their left a door. Upon it was painted a strange symbol. It was a large circle. The right half was red, and the left half was white. Dividing the halves was a zigzag going right down the middle.

"...the hell?" wondered Jack.

"It looks like... a really strange Poké Ball," commented the narrator.

"Or a blind Voltorb on crack," responded Jack.

At that moment, however, the door opened, and a person walked out. And now, to Jack and the narrator, there could be no question as to the reasoning for the door's emblem. For the man who walked through the doorway had a very distinctive feature- an unnaturally large afro, with the same coloration and design of the door's symbol. The man was very tall, moreso than either Jack or the narrator, and was also very skinny. His eyes were obscured by a pair of overly-fancy glasses, and his suit was studded with gold sequins.

"Well, well, well, what have we here?" inquired the man. "The short fuse Jack and the big ego narrator. Oh, how wonderful that the two of you happened to pass by."

Still stunned by the appearance of a man with an afro that had to weigh more than the rest of him, Jack stuttered, "B-b-but, who or what are you?"

"I? I am the fabulous Miror B., former administrator of the criminal syndicate Cipher!"

"You DO realize that Pokémon Colosseum was a fictional game, right?" asked Jack.

"Indeed I do. And once I had found out, I was ever so dejected. But then, Missingno. Master decided to write me into this story. However, this is not by any means the first time I have been written into a work of fiction. Perchance have any of you read "The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum?"

Jack and the narrator shook their heads simultaneously.

"Well, I was in that masterpiece of comedy gold, but as I was rather integral to the plot of the game in any case, I was bound to be written in. Now, however, I was not necessary at all to this plot, and yet I find myself staring at the two of you."

After a brief silence, Jack started talking. "Well, it was nice meeting you, Afro-Zilla, but we got an author to massacre. It's been wierd!"

However, Miror B. took a couple of large strides past Jack and barred his way. "Oh, no, no, no, you do not!" he declared. "I have been written into this story with specific instructions. I was told to stop the two of you from proceeding, by any means necessary!" And he reached into his afro and pulled out two Poké Balls, one in each hand.

"We shall do battle, right here, right now!" declared Miror B. "The two of you against me. And then, he put both Poké Balls in his left hand, and with his right, pulled a pen out of his afro, and wrote on the wall to his right:

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAHHF...eature=related"

Jack stared at the seemingly nonsensical scribbles. "What the hell?" he asked. Then the words vanished completely. "What the HELL?!" screamed Jack. At that moment, a panel slid open in the wall, revealing a screen. On it, a YouTube video began playing. The video consisted of a picture of a strange Pokémon, which looked to Jack like an extremely strange combination of a pineapple, a duck, and a sombrero.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" demanded Jack.

"Let the music play!" declared Miror B.

As if on cue, the video's music track started. A festive salsa beat resonated throughout the hallway. Miror B. threw both Poké Balls. Out of each ball came a Pokémon identical to the Mexican pineapple duck on the screen. Upon hearing the music, the Pokémon began to dance energetically. The narrator shuffled through his Pokémon cards and pulled out one.

"Ludicolo, the Carefree Pokémon. If it hears festive music, it instantly breaks out into a dance. This dancing seems to improve its battling capabilities."

Ignoring him, Jack threw a Great Ball. Following suit, the narrator tossed a Poké Ball. In flashes of light, Primeape and Chatot appeared, both of them quite confused about the salsa music, the Ludicolo before them, and the unrealistic afro of the Ludicolo trainer.

"Chatot, use your Air Cutter!" called the narrator.

"Awwk! Whatever!" responded Chatot. He then began flapping his wings, sending waves of sharp, cutting air at the Ludicolo. They did not break step, but did wince a bit.

"Ludicolo, do a Rain Dance!"

The Ludicolo changed their dance ever so slightly, causing dark clouds to appear just below the ceiling. Then, quite suddenly, it started to rain.

"Primeape," called Jack, "Use Brick Break!"

"I don't think so," retorted Miror B. "Ludicolo, the one facing Primeape, use ThunderPunch!"

Primeape began dashing towards one of the Ludicolo, ready to deliver a crushing chop. However, the Ludicolo danced closer to Primeape, and deftly delivered an electrified punch before Primeape even had a chance to bring its hand down. This took the wind out of Primeape, and knocked it back.

"Now, the other Ludicolo, assault that Chatot with your Ice Punch!"

"Chatot, fight back with your FeatherDance!"

Sure enough, the other Ludicolo started dancing towards Chatot, ice-encased fist outstretched. Chatot, however, began flapping his wings furiously, creating hundreds of feathers out of nowhere. The stream of feathers circled Ludicolo, disorienting it somewhat.

"Get out of those feathers, Ludicolo! Fury Swipes!" called Miror B., who was also dancing to his own battle music. Obediently, Ludicolo began slashing at the swirling feathers, taking them down instantly.

Jack was immensely frustrated. Neither Ludicolo looked tired in the least. In fact, neither one looked as if they had taken any damage at all!

"Primeape, Fury Swipes!"

"Chatot, Aerial Ace!"

Simultaneously, the two Pokémon started on Ludicolo, Primeape slashing furiously, Chatot zooming at high speed. Miror B. ordered both Ludicolo to dance out of the way. However, they could not do so fast enough, and both attacks connected. The Ludicolo began wincing in pain, but this didn't last long. Within seconds, they were dancing once more, looking perfectly fine.

"Of course!" gasped the narrator.

"What? What is it?" snapped Jack.

"Rain Dish!"

"Excuse me?"

"Rain Dish!" repeated the narrator. "Both of these Ludicolo have Rain Dish as their ability! They regain health in the rain, which is why they can just shrug our attacks off! Chatot! Sunny Day!"

"Awwk! One Sunny Day coming up!" replied Chatot. He opened his beak and fired a white beam of energy into the rain clouds, instantly making them vanish. The Ludicolo were still dancing, but now they looked annoyed. Miror B., however, was smiling.

"Oh, bravo. Very nice indeed. But here's the thing- I knew you would try and interfere with our strategy. I've already planned for this! Solarbeam now!"

Jack and the narrator could only watch in horror as the Ludicolo instantly fired off powerful beams of light from their pineapple...head...things. The attacks hit Chatot and Primeape squarely. Both Pokémon fell to the ground. Miror B. smiled, thinking he had won. Just then, Primeape began giving off a red aura. It got up off the ground, shaking with immeasurable anger. Its eyes were glowing red. Now it was Jack's turn to smile.

"What in the world?" inquired Miror B.

"My Primeape's ability," said Jack, "is Anger Point. That Solarbeam must have scored a critical hit. Now Primeape's Attack stat is off the charts! Primeape, Fury Swipes!

Primeape responded by roaring loudly and leaping towards both Ludicolo. However, instead of scratching them, it started punching, kicking, and headbutting. Jack looked on at the melee in confusion.

"That's not Fury Swipes!"

"No, indeed!" commented the narrator. Meanwhile, Chatot had begun to stir.

"Squaaawk! That's Close Combat!"

At that point, Primeape stopped thrashing the Ludicolo, both of whom were laying on the ground, unconscious, yet somehow still twitching to the beat of the music.

Miror B. returned both Ludicolo to their Poké Balls, and returned them to his afro. Then, he pulled two more Poké Balls out of his afro and threw them.

"Oh, NO!" screamed Jack. For out of these Poké Balls came another duo of Ludicolo. These Ludicolo began dancing festively to the salsa beat.

"Awwk! He had MORE?!" screeched Chatot in disbelief. Only Primeape didn't seem to care, just pleased at having two more targets to destroy. Jack noticed this and smiled.

"Do your stuff, Primeape! Close Combat!"

"Oh, no you don't! Double Fire Punch!"

Both Ludicolo made fists, which then caught fire. In simultaneous motions, they then danced towards Primeape, and punched it hard. Primeape slumped to the ground, unconscious.

"What the HELL?!" demanded Jack.

"Well, first, Close Combat lowers the user's defenses," said the sexy narrator, quickly sidestepping as Croagunk emerged from its ball, lunged at the narrator, missed, and instead Poison Jabbed one of the Ludicolo, who fainted instantly. "Second, Fire Punch is a Fire move, which was boosted by the intense sunlight."

Miror B. looked angry now. "That's three of my Ludicolo down, but I still have this one left. I shall not lose! Razor Leaf now!" Ludicolo began dancing around, shooting razor-sharp leaves towards Chatot and Croagunk. Jack quickly threw a Poké Ball, releasing Koffing into the hallway as Chatot and Croagunk were hit by the Razor Leaf attack.

"Koffing, use Sludge!" called Jack. Koffing spewed a stream of sludge from its mouth. Ludicolo was hit by the attack, and for once stopped dancing as it attempted to move away.

"Now, Chatot, use Sky Attack!"

"Awwk! Thought you'd never ask!" Chatot became enveloped in a harsh, white glow. It then streaked towards the remaining Ludicolo, who was no longer dancing; merely looking at Chatot with a face that clearly said "oh, ****". Before Miror B. could finish ordering Ludicolo to use ThunderPunch, it was already knocked out. Scowling, Miror B. returned this last Ludicolo to its Poké Ball.

"Well, I would just love to dazzle you with the moves of two more Ludicolo..." began Miror B.-

"AWWK! NOOOOO!" screamed Chatot.

"-Except that I only had the four," finished Miror B. "I concede defeat."

"Awwk. Oh."

At this point, the YouTube video stopped. Miror B. tapped an X-shaped button on the screen with his index finger, and the screen vanished. Jack and the narrator returned all their Pokémon to their Poké Balls.

"But I wonder whatever happened to...." muttered Miror B., as he dug around in his afro, pulling out an oversize comb, a stick of butter, an extremely confused Sunkern, an old sneaker, and- a plot device!

"Ah, here we are!" exclaimed Miror B. triumphantly. "When I activate this plot device, I will win after all!" And he made to push the button. SEXY HOT NARRATOR!

In response, Croagunk emerged from its ball and readied a Poison Jab, which the narrator quickly sidestepped. The Poison Jab instead hit Miror B.'s leg, causing him to scream in pain and topple over, and drop the plot device. The narrator made a dive for it, and scooped it up. Miror B. got to his feet, scowling.

"Do you know that there is a massive hole in the butt of your pants? And that your boxers are of the most laughable shades of yellow and pink I have ever laid eyes on?" Startled, the narrator looked behind him, finally finding the huge hole that the explosion in Chapter 5 had made. Laughing to himself, Miror B. walked down the stairs, apparently content with embarrassing the narrator.

"Jack, did you know about this?!"

"Yep. That hole's been there since the end of Chapter 5, you know."

"Eh, whatever. Let's go in Miror B.'s room, I have an idea."

"What?"

"Miror B. may have a direct path to the Writing Room from here!"

"Huh," said Jack. "Never thought of that."

Together, the duo walked through the doorway into Miror B's room.

--------------------
    End chapter 8.

And if any of you haven't read The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum, I highly recommend it. Miror B. was right, it's comedy gold. And it's right here in this fanfic section!
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 8th June 2011 at 6:05 PM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

At that point, Croagunk came bounding through the hologram, and prepare to Poison Jab the narrator. Then, it froze absurdly in mid-Jab, apparently just realizing that its trainer hadn't complemented himself and that he had joined the chase out of boredom.
    He hasn't?! That's a first.

Still stunned by the appearance of a man with an afro that had to weigh more than the rest of him, Jack stuttered, "B-b-but, who or what are you?"
    XD hard to tell right?

"You DO realize that Pokémon Colosseum was a fictional game, right?" asked Jack.

"Indeed I do. And once I had found out, I was ever so dejected. But then, Missingno. Master decided to write me into this story. However, this is not by any means the first time I have been written into a work of fiction. Perchance have any of you read "The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum?"
    Glad Miror B. is in the story. Gotta love shout outs.

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAHHF...eature=related"
    Of course, a battle with Miror B. is incomplete without his music. Although I do prefer his XD-theme. The way you described the video appearing was pretty cool and Jack's response made it even better.

In flashes of light, Primeape and Chatot appeared, both of them quite confused about the salsa music, the Ludicolo before them, and the unrealistic afro of the Ludicolo trainer.
    I think that's a part of his battle strategy - distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragraph 42
    Then, quite suddenly, it started to rain."
    Accidently put a quotation mark there. Maybe Jack should criticize the narrator for screwing up. Wow, Miror B.'s actually a better battler than I gave him credit for in Colosseum and XD. And so is Jack... actually this is the first real trainer battle of the series right? *looks back* no wait, I forgot about the Porygon guy.

said the sexy narrator, quickly sidestepping as Croagunk emerged from its ball, lunged at the narrator, missed, and instead Poison Jabbed one of the Ludicolo, who fainted instantly
    That's convenient, and I honestly thought we would finally go through a chapter where the narrator didn't flatter himself. Of course I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragraph 86
    And he made to push the button."
    Another misplaced quotation. That or you forgot the second one after narrator.

That was clever of the narrator - I never thought complimenting himself would come in handy like that. I did start reading Retelling of Pokemon Colosseum but I fell behind. I just need to find the time to read everything I missed.
    ~NEW~

Heroic Potential

Fixed those mistakes. They were mistakes on my part, not the narrator's.

I actually got the idea for providing a link to a YouTube video of Miror B.'s battle music from The Retelling of Pokemon Colosseum, where the same thing was done for the Miror B. battle there. It made reading that chapter that much more epic. Actually, it was me reading that chapter that inspired me to write Miror B. into this fic in the first place.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

I've always loved the Mirror B music. And not just the Colosseum stuff, the XD one was pretty good as well.

Another good chapter. Looks like the narrarator FINALLY harnessed the power of the sidestep...
    Pokemon TCG revamped: The game! - A link to my game. It's locked now, but I'm working on reviving it. If you attempt to recreate it, I will EAT YOU.

...what? I know that I agree with this entirely.

Love the inclusion of Miror.B, and the way you had the music going in the background was genius in my opinion. I thoroughly enjoyed the fight scene, and liked that you had Primeape learn close combat.
    "Ah, here we are!" exclaimed Miror B. triumphantly. "When I activate this plot device, I will win after all!" And he made to push the button. SEXY HOT NARRATOR!

In response, Croagunk emerged from its ball and readied a Poison Jab, which the narrator quickly sidestepped. The Poison Jab instead hit Miror B.'s leg, causing him to scream in pain and topple over, and drop the plot device. The narrator made a dive for it, and scooped it up. Miror B. got to his feet, scowling.
    Brilliant thinking by the narrator right here. And he finally figured out the hole in his pants. All and all a good chapter. I look forward to the next one.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Chapter 9: The Revenge Of The Living Pop-Up

Jack and the narrator entered Miror B.'s room and looked around. On the left side of the room lay an extremely long bed. Instead of a pillow, the head of the bed featured a large crater-like indentation, clearly intended to hold the man's afro.

"Wow," muttered Jack. "So it's not fake."

"Either that or he just hates to take it off," murmured the narrator.

On the right side of the room was a rack, on which was hung dozens of gold sequined suits, identical to the ridiculous getup Miror B. sported in their earlier encounter. Jack then saw next to it, a desk with several drawers. Jack approached it, grabbed a drawer, and said "I'll bet you any amount of money he keeps spare pairs of glasses in here." He then pulled open the drawer. Sure enough, it was packed full of eyewear, identical to the overly-fancy specs he was wearing. Next to the desk, however, was a strange machine with six indentations and a big red button. Jack smiled. "This is a healing machine!" Immediately he and the narrator healed their Pokémon.

After several minutes of searching, however, the duo was forced to conclude that no secret tunnel or portal to anywhere existed within Miror B.'s room. As they exited the room, they saw a small Pokémon. It resembled a bag of popcorn with a face, and a small sprout growing out of it. Jack immediately recognized it as the Sunkern Miror B. pulled out of his afro in the previous chapter. Next to him, the narrator shuffled through his Pokémon cards and pulled out one bearing a picture of a Sunkern.

"Sunkern, the Seed Pokémon. Sunkern live in trees and survive by drinking the dew that collect under leaves. It moves as little as possible in order to conserve energy for evolution." The narrator then went over and patted Sunkern. "Hey, there, little guy, how's it go-OWOWOWOWOWOW!"

For as soon as he began patting Sunkern, it became extremely annoyed, and fired off seeds from its mouth as if it were a living machine gun.

"THAT hurt!" remarked the narrator. Jack smiled, and held out an empty Poké Ball.

"Sunkern, you and I are gonna get along just fine. Wanna go with me?"

"Sunkern Sun!" chirped Sunkern happily. With that, it bounded forwards and collided with the Poké Ball. Instantly, the ball captured Sunkern. Jack put the Poké Ball away, and turned around to see the narrator glaring at him.

"What?"

"That thing just attacked me and you're keeping it?!"

"What about you? I don't see you releasing that Croagunk."

The narrator made to argue, but realized that Jack had a valid point.

"Come on," continued Jack. "We better get moving."

A ways down the hallway, quite suddenly, a man appeared before them. "Wah!" gasped Jack, for the man had quite literally appeared out of nowhere. The man was going bald, and was wearing a cheap suit.

"Well, howdy folks, and how'd you like to buy some athlete's foot anti-fungal cream? Made by the good folks at Totally Useless Products incorporated and- saaaay... We've met before, haven't we?"

Jack stared. The narrator, however, pulled a large book out of nowhere and flipped through it. "Ah, he's right, Jack. We did meet him before. Back in Chapter 4, see? Right here." Jack read the part in question, then did a double-take.

"Oh, OK, I se-WH-WAIT! WHAT IS THIS?!"

"It's the script for the story."

"HAVE YOU HAD THIS THE ENTIRE TIME?!"

"Yes..."

"GIMME THAT!" roared Jack, ripping the book from the narrator's hands. He flipped forwards to the part where he ripped the book from the narrator's hands. "Alright, it says here that I rip the script from your hands and try to find out what happens next. I read the script and say 'Alright, it says here that I rip the script from your hands and try to find out what happens next. I read the script and say 'Alright, it says here-''" At this point, Jack stopped reading.

"It's just gonna keep doing that, isn't it?"

"Yep."

"Ahem," butted in the pop-up.

"Ah, yes," replied Jack. "Get out of our way before I heave you into another garbage can."

Instead of moving, however, the pop-up smiled and pulled out a Poké Ball. "I can't let you do that, Jack. Missingno. Master was very specific. Stop you and the narrator at all costs." And he threw the Poké Ball. "Hitmonlee, GO!"

In a flash of light, a Pokémon stood before Jack. It was brown in color and humanoid in shape, though with no mouth. Its legs were long and light brown. Next to Jack, the narrator pulled out the appropriate Pokémon card and began to read.

"Hitmonlee, the Kicking Pokémon. Hitmonlee stretches its legs ridiculous lengths to deliver devastating kicks. It can even target distant foes with well-aimed kicks."

Hitmonlee, however, began scratching at its feet in frustration. The pop-up looked confused. "Hitmonlee? Is your athlete's foot acting up again?" Hitmonlee nodded.

"But that makes no sense! Just minutes ago, I applied liberal amounts of athlete's foot anti-fungal cream to your feet!"

"Never buy anything advertised by a pop-up," Jack muttered to the narrator.

"Oh, whatever!" continued the pop-up. "Hitmonlee doesn't need to kick in order to battle."

Jack then threw a Poké Ball, calling out "Sunkern, go!" In a flash of light, Jack's Sunkern appeared, and faced its foe. It was at that moment that Jack realized, he didn't know Sunkern's attacks! Apart from Bullet Seed, anyway.

Sunkern, however, did not see this as a problem. Immediately, it shook the sprout emerging from its head. From the sprout fired a number of razor-sharp leaves. A Razor Leaf attack.

"Block it with Mach Punch!" called the pop-up. Hitmonlee began punching the air in front of it furiously, successfully striking down all the leaves.

"Sunkern, try your Bullet Seed!"

"Dodge it and use Bullet Punch!"

Sunkern fired a number of seeds in rapid succession. Hitmonlee expertly moved around the attack, dodging it completely, then landed a devastating punch. Sunkern was knocked back, but not out.

"Got any more attacks, Sunkern?" asked Jack. At this, Sunkern grinned, and its leaves began to glow. Then, a large, green glowing orb materialized in front of the leaves. Jack didn't need the narrator telling him so to know that this was Energy Ball.

With a yell of "SUUUUUUUNKEEEEERRRRRN!", Sunkern fired the Energy Ball. Hitmonlee braced itself for the impact.... Which never came. The Energy Ball stopped in midair, halfway towards Hitmonlee, turned around, and went straight for the narrator. Quickly, the narrator sidestepped the rogue Energy Ball, but it swerved suddenly, still hitting him. Jack then looked at Sunkern.

"You and I really are gonna get along fine."

"Sun Sunkern!"

Then Jack remembered that he was in the middle of a battle. "Alright, Sunkern, anything else?"

Sunkern nodded. Now it fired multiple globs of sludge from its open mouth. Hitmonlee wasn't so quick to dodge this, and was knocked out. Meanwhile, the narrator climbed to his feet. "Damn Energy Ball," he muttered.

Scowling, the pop-up returned Hitmonlee to its Poké Ball. "But not to worry," he grinned, "I have another Pokémon! GO!" And he pulled out a second Poké Ball and threw it.

"Oh, NO!" screamed Jack. For out of the pop-up's ball emerged an Electrode. But not just any Electrode. As soon as Jack and the Electrode saw each other, Jack knew that this was the same Electrode that tried to destroy him.

"Isn't that the same Electrode that tried to destroy us?" asked the sexy, studly, and all-around fabulous narrator. Instantly, Croagunk emerged from its Poké Ball. The narrator quickly sidestepped the oncoming Poison Jab, which hit Electrode instead. Electrode immediately got angry, and began to smoke.

"Electrode! No! Not Explosion! USE THUNDERBOLT!"

But Electrode was beyond reason, and ignored its trainer's command. Thinking quickly, Croagunk picked up Electrode, and threw it straight up.

BOOM!

Electrode exploded, but the ceiling took most of the damage. Jack, the narrator, and the pop-up, had all dove to the floor. Jack got up first.

"Wow, what a hole," he murmured. For Electrode's Explosion had blasted a hole in the ceiling. In fact, it had done so for the third floor's ceiling as well!

"Convenient," smiled the studly, and as a hint for the ladies, single narrator. Croagunk, at this point, turned around and glared at the narrator. And then it began to glow!

"Uh-oh," muttered the narrator, as Croagunk began to change in size and shape. As the glowing faded, Croagunk was no more. In its place stood a Pokémon, rather taller than Croagunk had been. It greatly resembled Croagunk, but had longer arms and legs, a red sac on its neck, a blue horn protruding from its head, and its middle fingers were now long, red, and sinisterly curved.

"Oh, poopy," squeaked the narrator.

Toxicroak's right middle finger then glowed purple, and Toxicroak lunged towards its trainer. Without thinking, and with amazing speed and grace, the narrator jumped up to the third floor through the hole in the roof, then did the same thing to reach the fourth floor. Once he was safely two floors higher, he held out a Poké Ball, returning Toxicroak to it.

"HEY!" roared Jack. "WHAT ABOUT ME?!"

"Be patient, I'm trying to find a rope," snapped the narrator. "And would it kill you to say please? Oh, wait, never mind."

Within minutes, the narrator had found a rope and tossed it down to Jack. Jack returned Sunkern to its Poké Ball, then climbed up to the fourth floor. The pop-up watched all this, unable to do a thing, as both of his Pokémon were unconscious.

Up on the fourth floor, the narrator pointed out a sign to Jack. "Elevator, five miles."

"Five MILES?!" screamed Jack. "But that's ridiculous!"

"I have a plan, though," remarked the narrator. He grabbed the rope, tied one end around himself, and the other end around Jack.

"Just wait and see," replied the so-sexy-it-should-be-illegal narrator. At that point, Toxicroak burst free of its Poké Ball, middle finger glowing, and lunged at the narrator. Immediately, the narrator began running down the hallway towards the elevator, dragging Jack with him, Toxicroak hot on their heels.

"THIS-oof-IS-ugh-YOUR-mmph-PLAN?!" gasped Jack.

"Gives me motivation," panted the narrator, as he continued to run.

--------------------
    End of Chapter 9.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 8th June 2011 at 6:07 PM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Miror B's bed makes him seem like some kind of robot. O.o Looks like Jack has a very well rounded team - and one that likes to hurt the narrator.

"GIMME THAT!" roared Jack, ripping the book from the narrator's hands. He flipped forwards to the part where he ripped the book from the narrator's hands. "Alright, it says here that I rip the script from your hands and try to find out what happens next. I read the script and say 'Alright, it says here that I rip the script from your hands and try to find out what happens next. I read the script and say 'Alright, it says here-''" At this point, Jack stopped reading.
    This part was so amazing that I actually had to tell my sister about it. And battling a pop-up? that's just brilliant. And Croagunk's evolution was a little random but, then again, what isn't in this fic?

Up on the fourth floor, the narrator pointed out a sign to Jack. "Elevator, five miles."

"Five MILES?!" screamed Jack. "But that's ridiculous!"

"I have a plan, though," remarked the narrator. He grabbed the rope, tied one end around himself, and the other end around Jack.

"Just wait and see," replied the so-sexy-it-should-be-illegal narrator. At that point, Toxicroak burst free of its Poké Ball, middle finger glowing, and lunged at the narrator. Immediately, the narrator began running down the hallway towards the elevator, dragging Jack with him, Toxicroak hot on their heels.
    The narrator's smarter than Jack gives him credit for.
    ~NEW~

Heroic Potential

Chapter 10: Death of a Narrator

Anyone looking into a window at the fourth floor of the Dot Com Building would see an extremely strange sight indeed; a grown man in a tuxedo with a huge hole in the seat of the pants running at full speed, with a muscular ten-year old tied to him, both being chased by a Toxicroak.

The narrator couldn't keep running too much longer. Gradually he began to slow down. Jack was grateful for this; for far too long now, the narrator had been dragging him down the hallway at top speed. It was an especially uncomfortable way to travel. As the narrator slowed down, Toxicroak seized its chance, and leapt forward, stabbing the narrator's side with a poison-tipped claw.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!" screeched the narrator, in all caps and bold, as he came to a stop. Jack took this opportunity to get up.

"The next time you tell me you have a plan, remind me to beat you senseless with a shovel," groaned Jack as he got to his feet. The narrator, however, did not respond right away. He was still trying to stand up. His face now showed a rather ominous shade of purple.

"Ugh..." groaned the narrator... "Hard... to talk.... take over narration..."

"Right," replied Jack, taking over the narration. He was surprised to discover that he was actually slightly concerned about the narrator's health. After all, none of Croagunk's Poison Jabs had had this effect on him.

Croagunk. Jack turned around and stared at Toxicroak, who hadn't moved since using Poison Jab.

"Toxi?" inquired Toxicroak.

"Toxicroak..." murmured Jack. "This explains it. Toxicroak venom has gotta be much worse than Croagunk venom." At that point, the narrator got up the energy to speak again.

"...My cards..."

Jack immediately understood. He reached into the narrator's jacket pocket and pulled out a huge stack of Pokémon cards, and began shuffling through them.

"Weezing... Burmy... Qwilfish... Hitmontop... Venonat... Shedinja... Groudon... Politoed... Aha! Here we are, Toxicroak. Toxicroak, the Toxic Mouth Pokémon, and the evolved form of-"

At that point, the narrator gave a violent cough. Jack immediately skipped down to the part that the narrator hadn't read in Chapter 2.

"Toxicroak's venom is approximately ninety-three times more potent than that of Croagunk. An afflicted human has roughly nine minutes to live- NINE MINUTES TO LIVE?!" exclaimed Jack.

"Keep.... reading..." gasped the narrator.

"An afflicted human has roughly nine minutes to live, unless an Antidote is applied to the wound," Jack finished. Wasting no time, he grabbed a Poké Ball off the narrator's belt and threw it in the air. In a flash of light, Chatot appeared, took one look at his dying trainer, and gasped.

"SQUAAAAWK! NOOOO!" wailed Chatot.

"Chatot, listen up," said Jack. "We need to do something. Toxicroak stuck your trainer with Poison Jab, and he has about seven minutes left. We need to find an Antidote, and fast."

"Well, I have an idea," said Chatot. "I can try to locate one using Supersonic."

"Do that, then," nodded Jack.

Chatot nodded, then hovered in midair and opened its beak. Waves of sound emitted from it. After several minutes, Chatot squawked in triumph.

"This way!" he cawed, and he flew off down another hallway. Jack tore after him. Toxicroak remained behind, and started sobbing.

Down the hallway Chatot zoomed, Jack not far behind. Chatot then stopped at a door labeled "Supply closet". Jack yanked on the doorknob, but it was locked tight. Wasting no time, Jack threw a Great Ball into the air, unleashing Primeape.

"Break the door down!" ordered Jack. Primeape was confused, but understood the urgent tone in its trainer's voice, and smashed in the wooden door with a well-aimed Brick Break. Within the closet, there were shelves lined with medicines.

"Awakening... Burn Heal... Paralyz Heal... Ah, here we are! Antidote!" Jack grabbed three or four Antidotes, and dashed back down the hallway, while returning Primeape to its ball.

"I got it! I got it!" called Jack, as he approached the main hallway. "I got- WHAT THE HELL?!" For when he arrived back in the hallway, instead of a sobbing Toxicroak and a dying narrator, he saw only an unconscious Toxicroak. Jack immediately ran over and shook Toxicroak awake.

"Toxicroak, what the hell happened?!"

"Croa..Croak. Toxi Toxicroak."

"Awwk," translated Chatot. "Toxicroak says all he remembers was being hit from behind and falling unconscious."

"Damn, damn, damn it!" grunted Jack. The narrator's got about four minutes left, and he's been kidnapped!"

"What do we do?!" screeched Chatot, sounding on the verge of tears.

"I have an idea," said Jack, taking out a Poké Ball. Jack held out the ball and said "Go, Sunkern!" In a flash of light, Sunkern appeared. Jack then started talking.

"Alright, Sunkern, use Energy Ball! Anywhere, on anything, it doesn't matter!"

Sunkern chirped in reply, then formed the green orb between its leaves. The orb then shot straight up, and went further down the hallway. Jack, Toxicroak, Sunkern, and Chatot all started chasing it. Further down the hallway, Jack spotted the elevator, but the Energy Ball turned to the left and started up a flight of stairs.

Up the stairs... Down another hallway.... Around a corner... BOOM!

The Energy Ball exploded as it collided with an extremely familiar afro...

"MIROR B.?!" exclaimed Jack and Chatot.

"Oh, ho, ho, so it is you! Ha, I knew that if I took your narrator friend here, that you would come after me." Just past Miror B. lay the narrator.

"Enough chitchat," cut in Jack. "He's about to die, we need to administer an antidote."

"No," said Miror B., "he is not about to die."

"Huh?"

"No, he stopped struggling about halfway up the stairs. I do believe he's dead already."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!' screeched Chatot. Without further ado, Chatot flew at Miror B., and executed multiple Aerial Aces.

"What-get off! My afro!"

"YOU-KILLED-MY-TRAINER-I'LL-KILL-YOU!" roared Chatot.

Miror B. backed off. "Now wait a second! Insane Chatot were so not in the job description!

At that point, Chatot calmed down somewhat.

"I assure you," continued Miror B., "Murder was not my intent. My plan was to trade the narrator to you in exchange for you stopping your plan to attack Missingno. Master!"

Chatot gave Miror B. an angry glare, then turned around to weep over his trainer's lifeless body. He hopped onto his jacked, then squawked in pain. "Awwk! I stubbed my toe!" Curious, Jack reached into the nearest pocket, and pulled out a metal cube with a big red button.

"The plot device!" breathed Jack. "I wonder..." And he pressed the button....

---------------------
    TO BE CONTINUED....

---------------------
    ....RIGHT NOW.

Quite suddenly, a stream of vile purple liquid burst from the narrator's mouth. With all the poison now out of his system, the narrator's eyes opened up. Immediately, Chatot and Toxicroak hugged their trainer.

"Whew," remarked the narrator. "I feel much better now. Jack, I'll take over the narration now."

"Alright," said Jack. He couldn't help supress a grin, knowing that the narrator was alright. Meanwhile, Toxicroak was talking to Chatot.

"Awwk!" said Chatot. "Toxicroak says he's sorry, and promises never to Poison Jab you again. But-"

"Alright, then, Toxicroak, apology accepted!" interrupted the devilishly handsome narrator. "ARRGH!" he gasped as he was knocked over.

"Awwk. I was about to say, 'but he didn't say anything about using Cross Chop'", finished Chatot. Jack and the narrator laughed, as they returned their Pokémon to their Poké Balls. Then Jack looked around.

"Where's Miror B.?"

The narrator shrugged. "I guess he must have slipped away. But that's not important. Where are we now?"

"Fifth floor."

"Alright then, sir, let's get going." And the narrator headed down the hallway.

"Wait!"

"What?"

"Elevator's right here." Jack pointed at the elevator, which was literally three or four feet away from them.

"Oh."

Jack and the narrator stood before the elevator doors. Jack pressed the button next to them, and waited. And waited. And waited.

"Sir?"

"WHAT?!" roared Jack. The two minutes they spent waiting for the elevator seemed to have sapped the last of his patience.

"I don't think that the elevator is-"

At that point, they heard a "ding!" sound. The doors opened up, revealing the interior of the elevator.

"...coming," finished the narrator.

"Yeah, yeah," said Jack. "Whatever, let's get on!"

The duo entered the elevator. Jack jabbed the button labeled "7" with his thumb.

And the lights went out.

--------------------
    And end Chapter 10!

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 8th June 2011 at 6:08 PM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

This is probably the first and only serious chapter in the whole story, even then it had it's funny moments. Still, it's a good change of pace - it's needed once in a while.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!" screeched the narrator, in all caps and bold, as he came to a stop. Jack took this opportunity to get up.
    This being one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragraph 30
    "Damn, damn, damn it!" grunted Jack. The narrator's got about four minutes left, and he's been kidnapped!"
    Forgot a quotation mark before "narrator".

Quote Originally Posted by Paragraph 43
    "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!' screeched Chatot. Without further ado, Chatot flew at Miror B., and executed multiple Aerial Aces.
    Put an apostraphy instead of a quotation mark before "screeched".

Quote Originally Posted by Paragraph 46
    Miror B. backed off. "Now wait a second! Insane Chatot were so not in the job description!
    Forgot a quotation mark after "description".

These are the only mistakes I found.
    ~NEW~

Heroic Potential

Forgot a quotation mark before "narrator".

Put an apostraphy instead of a quotation mark before "screeched".

Forgot a quotation mark after "description".

These are the only mistakes I found.
    All those mistakes were intentional. Remember, Jack had taken over the narration while the narrator was dead/dying, and remember, he sucks at narrating.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast