Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: The Adventure of Adventureness

yay! new chapter this one was a nice look into jacks past. also just a quick suggestion you could have written the narrator or someone like the chapter title guy in the Unwritten Fanfic Character Clinic. well aside from that... highlights!
    "I can't believe you actually told Mankey to punch that guy," the Pokédex continued.
    it dident suprise me
    Samson did a double take as Butterfree materialized. At the last second, Jack had made a fist and punched Mankey square on the nose. Mankey lost its balance and fell backwards onto the floor, but quickly got up. For a moment, it didn't seem to know what just happened. Then, after rubbing its nose for a moment, it walked right towards Jack... And extended its right hand.

good old jack
    dident see any mistakes(but then again when have i) so keep up the good work!
    Your signature contained images that were too large. Read the rules before you add anything new

YESSS! NEW CHAPTER ROCKS!

It does. Seriously.

Raticate vs Raticate: mega-lolz!

Jim Gai reference was awesome!

plot, bounty hunters, crazed tax collectors
    a journeyfic by the most improved writer of 2012, second place
    what more could you want?

the Writers of Justice + the Fanfiction Mafia

banner and userbar by the fantastic Brutaka

PokeCommunity . Writers of Justice . FanFiction.Net

Quote Originally Posted by ninetails012 View Post
    also just a quick suggestion you could have written the narrator or someone like the chapter title guy in the Unwritten Fanfic Character Clinic.
    Jack didn't know either of them at that point, and they were in different sections of the place in any case. Don't worry, I'll work in their stories eventually.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master
    "Wait, why didn't Oak just give the HM to you, then?" asked Jack.

After a long pause, the aide replied, "I don't know." Jack rolled his eyes.

"Well, then, I suppose it's back to Route 2."

"You know what?" said the aide. "Take Diglett's Cave. It comes out at Route 2."

"Really?" said Jack. "How conveni- wait. Where is the entrance for Diglett's cave?"

"Route 2," replied the aide.

Jack rolled his eyes. "I knew that," he said. "I meant the OTHER entrance."

"Oh. Just east of Vermilion, not far from the port."

Jack rolled his eyes, muttered his thanks, and began walking towards the port instead.

"I've said it before, and I'll say it again," said Jack. "This region is insane."
    Awsome. of. awsomeness.

"Mankey, punch him!" demanded Jack. Instantly, Mankey drew its fist back, and sank it right into Samson's gut, sending him flying through the door. From the hallway, Jack could hear Samson groaning.

"...Peter... Give Jack.... Mankey's Great Ball..."
    At that moment, the two of them had arrived at a door which read "Room 120: Starter Pokémon". Samson pushed open the door and let Jack walk in. He then closed the door and looked into the room through a large window just to the left of the door. Earlier that day, the staff of the Unwritten Fanfic Characters Clinic had agreed that all of the frail and slow Pokémon would be removed from the room, as they just couldn't count on Jack not punching them into critical condition. This, however, didn't leave too much; an overly-cautious Sentret stood on its fat, striped tail, regarding Jack warily; An energetic Pichu was dashing around the room, apparently having not noticed Jack yet; And a Wynaut stood in the middle of the room. Samson had been working with this Wynaut just this morning, making sure it knew to not use Counter if Jack tried to punch it, but to just dodge it and try to get away. Jack was slightly short-tempered and had been punching stuff ever since he could make a fist.
    So jack's always been that way?O_O Well, i guess that he almost died the last time he said please.

A decent chapter overall, finally having jack's backstory. Didn't find any grammer mistakes; good job Missingno. Master.

Dude that was awesome! I love how Jack was all cute and was all like "Can I get writed into the story now?" And then he punches mankey and gets all violent! You need to write the Pokedex's origins! Or even better, Missingo. Master's origin! Not you I mean you in the story, or I mean, oh well, you know what I mean!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Christianity is a Relationship with our true God, Jesus. It's not a Religion. Copy and paste If you agree

Registeel is mine, yay!

Adventure of Adventureness & Awesome of Awesomeness: Smashing the 4th wall into gazillion pieces since 2010. - Sig too long, so Mod a cropped it

Default "Mankey, punch him!"

Another serious chapter, and this time with some backstory. These serious chapters are almost as good as the funny chapters except in their own kind of way. It's rather nice.

Now if only you could write a backstory that explains how Jack learned all those curse words and where he got his anger issues from.

Spoiler:- Stuff I've Quoted:

Jack didn't know either of them at that point, and they were in different sections of the place in any case. Don't worry, I'll work in their stories eventually.
    Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Platinum~ View Post
    Another serious chapter, and this time with some backstory. These serious chapters are almost as good as the funny chapters except in their own kind of way. It's rather nice.
    Nice to know you like it.

And HOW did I know that the title of your post would be "Mankey, punch him!"?

Wow, all that just so a character in a fanfic could have the Pokemon they wanted? Fanfics must be more popular than I though.
    That, and remember that Peter's coworkers were all looking for an excuse to make him get rid of Mankey. Peter never let Mankey get enough exercise, so it frequently got loose and destroyed stuff.

That's probably because the author wrote it yesterday.
    That, and the memory of Mankey punching Samson through the door was just too precious and hilarious for Jack to forget.

Jack thanked the guy?! Flashbacks to a time when he was more polite have affected him in the present.
    It was a reluctant, mumbled thanks. If this were the beginning of The Adventure of Adventureness, even that much might have killed Jack.

Yes please.
    Oh, you'll see those stories written in. Don't worry.

Next chapter should be up within the week, hopefully by this weekend.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Yay a backstory chapter! I'm like the only person in the world who actually likes these. Everyone else thinks they're filler.
        Spoiler:- highlights:

I decided to replay my LeafGreen at the exact same pace that Jack is going, so I can refresh my memory about the game. This backstory chapter also doubled as a chance for me to catch up! (I haven't beat Surge yet)
    Thanks for the PM!
    Ugh, I give up. Completing the Pokedex is too hard. And now there's over a 150 more Pokemon for Generation V? No way.
    Futachimaru and Steven Stone are my bishies!! <3

Well, here's the next chapter!

...Or not. In a way. Here's the thing. Chapter 16 was short. This is short. So I've decided to title this Chapter 16 1/2. You know, make it like a second part to the shortness of shortness that was Chapter 16. I figure that the two of them together form a decent sized chapter. So here goes!

Chapter 16 1/2: Underground Activities
    --------------------
    "This is Diglett's cave?" said Jack. He was facing a relatively small hill, with a sizeable entrance carved into one side.

"Yep," replied the Pokédex. "It's one entrance to an underground tunnel that comes out close to Pewter City. Legend has it that the entire thing was carved out by wild Diglett years and years ago."

Jack shrugged, then walked inside. The small cave was completely empty, save for a sizable hole in the floor, and a wooden ladder poking up out of it.

"Now what is a ladder doing in a cave dug by Pokémon?" said Jack.

"I'm guessing it was provided by the citizens of Vermilion City," replied the Pokédex.

"Huh," said Jack, as he climbed down aforementioned ladder. "Well, between the absentminded Machop guy, the overly cautious nutcase Gym Leader, and the blabbermouth fan club chairman, I'm glad this town can at least do SOMETHING right." Then, he paused. "Wait a second. It says something here. 'This ladder provided by the Pokémon Fan Club chairman. Say, by the way, have I ever told any of you about my darling Rapidash? It-'" Jack stopped reading out loud at that point and looked all over the ladder.

"Son of a-"

"Jack! Remember the fic's rating!" interrupted the Pokédex.

"But look!" replied Jack. "The chairman carved braggy stuff about his Rapidash all over the freakin' ladder!

"You know the sad thing? This doesn't surprise me," said the Pokédex. Jack shook his head and turned around to face the tunnel before him.

For an underground tunnel, Jack could see surprisingly well. The path before him looked very crooked and zigzaggy. The floor was bumpy and uneven, and Jack could see small holes all over.

"Well," said Jack, as he proceeded forwards, "As long as I don't have to deal with any freakin' Zubat in here-WOAH!"

For at that moment, Jack nearly tripped over a small brown object that popped up out of one of the holes in the floor. Jack stared at it for a moment before deciding that it was a Pokémon. It was small and brown, of course, and its shape vaguely reminded Jack of the ghosts from Pac-Man. It had a pair of small, beady eyes, and a large red nose. A small quantity of dirt piled up around where it had popped out of the ground. "Diglett," it said in a high voice.

"Diglett, the Mole Pokémon," Jack's Pokédex said suddenly. "Diglett burrow underground and feast on plant roots. They are prized by farmers for their ability to till soil perfectly."

"OK..." said Jack, as he walked around Diglett. Almost immediately, a whirlpool of sand opened up directly beneath Jack and sucked him in. Jack barely had time to react, when suddenly, the whirlpool dumped him back to where he had been standing, right in front of the Diglett.

"What the hell was that?!" spluttered Jack as he attempted to remove sand from his nose and ears.

"Diglett's ability; Arena Trap," replied the Pokédex. "Diglett with Arena Trap create swirling vortexes of sand around them, making Diglett impossible to escape by foot."

"That's crazy!" exclaimed Jack, as Diglett giggled. At this, Jack turned to face Diglett, and glared.

"Alright, you pint-sized prankster, you've HAD it!" roared Jack, as he plucked a Poké Ball off his belt and enlarged it. "Weezing, attack!"

In a flash of light, Weezing appeared, and began staring down the diminutive Diglett.

"Weezing, use your Smog attack!" ordered Jack. Immediately, Weezing opened both mouths and began belching out a large quantity of thick, dark green gas. Diglett began coughing violently.

"Alright, what attacks does Diglett learn anyway?" muttered Jack to his Pokédex.

"Diglett's attacks, number one; Scratch," replied the Pokédex.

Jack blinked. "Scratch?"

"Scratch," repeated the Pokédex.

Jack stared at Diglett as the Smog cleared out. "With what?" he asked.

"Don't ask me," responded the Pokédex. "You ask me for attacks, I give you attacks. I have no idea how a Diglett uses Scratch."

At that moment, however, Diglett began charging forwards, plowing through the ground. Its nose began glowing white, and it started to grow longer, forming a point at the end. Diglett then twisted its head around, swiping Weezing with its pointed nose.

"Weez!" groaned Weezing as it reeled from the attack.

"Ah, THAT'S how it does it," murmured the Pokédex.

"Weezing, try a Shadow Ball!" Jack ordered, as Diglett's nose resumed its usual shape and size.

"Diglett's attacks number two: Fury Swipes," piped up the Pokédex. At this, Jack stared at Diglett as Weezing launched a black orb of ghostly energy. Diglett swiftly ducked underground to avoid the attack, and popped right back up.

"Fury Swipes?" said Jack. "You're serious?"

At that, however, Diglett's nose once again glowed and grew long and pointy. This time, however, Diglett began spinning around while charging. Its nose became little more than a long, pointed blur. As Diglett reached Weezing, the rapidly rotating nose swiped Weezing repeatedly.

"Wee! Zing! Weez!" grunted Weezing with each hit.

"Don't tell me, that was Fury Swipes?" groaned Jack.

"Ah-yep," replied the Pokédex. "Also, Diglett's attacks number three-"

"Let me guess- Shadow Claw?" said Jack.

"You are good, you know that?" said the Pokédex.

"I had a little help," replied Jack, pointing at Diglett. Diglett had been encloaked in a black aura. The aura had formed three large and sinisterly curved claws on top of its head.

"Weezing, quick, use your Thunderbolt attack!" called Jack.

"No!" exclaimed the Pokédex, but too late; Weezing fired off a blast of voltage at Diglett. It had no effect whatsoever; Diglett shook the electricity off with no effort at all, then charged towards Weezing.

"Diglett's a Ground-type!" roared the Pokédex. "Electricity has no effect!"

"I COULD HAVE DONE WITH THAT INFORMATION SOONER!" Jack snarled in all caps. "WEEZING, TRY FLAMETHROWER!"

"Weezing weez," groaned Weezing, as it launched a stream of fire from the mouth on its larger head. The smaller head unleashed a smaller stream of fire, which snaked around the larger stream. Both streams hit Diglett directly. When the attack finished, Jack saw that Diglett was no longer upright, but that it had flopped over onto its side, clearly unconscious.

Still angry about having not learned about Diglett's type until too late, Jack acted without conscious thought. He grabbed an empty Poké Ball from his backpack, enlarged it, and threw it at the Diglett. "Go, Poké Ball!" he roared.

The Poké Ball struck the unconscious Diglett, and converted it into a mass of transparent red energy. The ball then split open, and with a whirring noise, sucked the energy in. As soon as all of Diglett was pulled in, the ball snapped shut and landed on the cave floor. The button began blinking red as the ball rocked back and forth. Jack watched the ball intently as it wobbled once... Twice... Three times... Click!

The button stopped blinking, and the ball clicked shut and stopped moving. Jack grinned his satisfaction as the ball then vanished, indicating that it was sent to the PC storage system. Jack then used his Pokédex to switch up his team, swapping Raticate out for his newly caught Diglett, held up the Poké Ball, and shouted out, "I caught Diglett!"

"Weezing weez!" Weezing cheered.

Jack's smile quickly faded, as he then realized. "Damn it! Who knows how many more Diglett are gonna pop up and challenge me before I'm out of this cave? I'm not gonna catch all of them!"

"Well," said the Pokédex, "I have a suggestion. Why not ride Weezing through the cave? Weezing has the Levitate ability, which makes it immune to the effects of Arena Trap, as well as all Ground-type moves except for Sand-Attack."

"Good idea," said Jack. "And why is Sand Attack an exception?"

"I don't really know," said the Pokédex.

Jack shrugged, then turned to face Weezing. "How about it, Weezing? Feel up to carrying me through the cave?"

"Weez..." Weezing groaned, sweatdropping.

"Oh, come on," said Jack. "I'm not heavy!"

Weezing sighed, then floated down, allowing Jack to grab onto it. Weezing then drifted up and began floating down the tunnel, keeping Jack at least three feet in the air. Much to Weezing's relief, Jack wasn't nearly as heavy as it had feared.

Jack was somewhat enjoying the ride. The only part that irked him was that he had to hold on to Weezing, rather than actually riding. And even then, it wasn't that bad; Jack had ample upper body strength, which enabled him to keep holding onto Weezing with little effort. Multiple Diglett had been popping up underneath, but they were unable to stop Jack or Weezing.

Weezing and Jack had made it roughly halfway through the tunnel, when Weezing suddenly stopped.

"What's wrong, Weezing?" asked Jack. However, he got his answer almost immediately. Bits of gravel began falling from the roof just in front of them. Then, quite suddenly, sunlight began flooding into the cave. After his eyes adjusted, Jack looked up, and saw that someone had dug through to Diglett's cave. Then, three ropes were thrown down into the cavern. Jack then groaned as he saw an all-too-familiar trio climbing down the ropes and into Diglett's Cave.

"Tee hee," giggled James. "Jessie, this plan is genius! All we need to do is capture a single Dugtrio, and digging pitfall traps will be a cinch!"

"Not you three!" moaned Jack, rolling his eyes. At this, Jessie, James, and Meowth whirled around, and saw Jack and Weezing. At the sight of Jack's Weezing, James suddenly began whimpering.

"...A Weezing..."

"James, what's wrong?" asked Meowth.

"I haven't seen a Weezing since... Since..." replied James weakly.

"...Since?" prompted Jack.

"...Weez?" repeated Weezing.

At this, James burst into tears and collapsed onto the cave floor.

"Wait a second," whispered the Pokédex. "I know what this is about. Jessie and James used to own an Arbok and a Weezing. Don't you ever watch TV?"

"Oh, yeah," Jack whispered back, now remembering.

Jessie, meanwhile, was attempting to pull James back to his feet. Jack then took out another Poké Ball and threw it. "Arbok, go!" he yelled.

In a flash of light, Jack's Arbok appeared and took a position next to Weezing. At the sight of Arbok, Jessie burst into tears as well. Meowth, on the other hand, rolled his eyes, extended his claws, and lunged at Jessie and James.

"Will youse pull yourselves together?! In case you've forgotten, we gots work to do!" snarled Meowth as he delivered a Fury Swipes attack to their faces. Jessie and James then got to their feet.

"Prepare for trouble!" exclaimed Jessie.

"And make it double!" continued James.

"To protect the world from devastation!"

"To unite all peoples within our nation!"

"To denounce the evils of truth and love!"

"To extend our reach to the stars above!"

"Jessie!"

"James!"

"Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light!"

"Surrender now or prepare to fight!"

"Meowth! That's right!"

"Wobbuffet!"

Jack rolled his eyes. "That motto gets even more stupid every time I hear it," he sighed.

"Watch what you're calling stupid," sneered Jessie, throwing a Poké Ball. "Yanmega, teach him some manners!"

James also threw a Poké Ball, albeit one that looked like it was made of gold. "Magikarp, you too!" he called.

Twin flashes of light. Jessie's Yanmega materialized, its clear wings keeping it airborne. On the ground, a small, red Pokémon materialized, and began flopping around.

"Karp, karp, karp..." Magikarp repeated over and over again.

"You can't be serious," groaned Jack. "Oh, well. My Pokémon could use the extra training. Arbok, Dark Pulse!"

Arbok opened its mouth and formed a black sphere inside. It then launched a series of dark energy rings from the orb, straight towards Yanmega.

"Counter it with AncientPower!" commanded Jessie. Yanmega immediately formed a large glowing orb of energy in front of it, and launched it directly at the Dark Pulse. The two attacks collided, each cancelling the other out.

"Now, Weezing," said Jack, jumping off and landing on the ground. "Use your Sludge!"

"Weezing weez," groaned Weezing, as it fired off twin streams of sludge from its mouths. Both streams were headed straight for Magikarp.

"Splash attack now!" ordered James.

"Karp karp Magikarp," replied Magikarp, as its flopping turned to hopping. Then the hopping became high jumps. Magikarp's well-timed leaps allowed it to avoid the Sludge attack completely.

"Magikarp, Tackle attack!" grinned James.

"Kaaaarp!" bellowed Magikarp. In mid-jump, it began falling straight towards Weezing.

"Weezing, Thunderbolt," yawned Jack. Weezing instantly unleashed a crackling bolt of lightning straight at Magikarp. This sent it flying right back towards the trio, Wobbuffet, and Yanmega, causing an explosion. This explosion sent Team Rocket flying up and out of the hole they dug, and even higher.

"HEY, MORONS!" called Jack. "YOU'RE BLASTING OFF AGAAAAIIIN!"

"WE KNOW!" roared Jessie, James and Meowth simultaneously.

"WOOOOBBBUFFET!" screamed Wobbuffet, giving its usual salute.

Jack chuckled as the trio flew off into the horizon and out of sight. "Morons."

With that, Jack returned Arbok to its Poké Ball, grabbed ahold of Weezing, and continued through the tunnel.
    --------------------
    End Chapter 16 1/2. Next time I'll actually have an entire and complete chapter for you!

Spoiler:- Major events:
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 15th July 2014 at 11:29 PM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Alright, a new chapter! On to the review:

"Alright, what attacks does Diglett learn anyway?" muttered Jack to his Pok&#233;dex.

"Diglett's attacks, number one; Scratch," replied the Pok&#233;dex.

Jack blinked. "Scratch?"

"Scratch," repeated the Pok&#233;dex.

Jack stared at Diglett as the Smog cleared out. "With what?" he asked.
    At that moment, however, Diglett began charging forwards, plowing through the ground. Its nose began glowing white, and it started to grow longer, forming a point at the end. Diglett then twisted its head around, swiping Weezing with its pointed nose.

"Weez!" groaned Weezing as it reeled from the attack.

"Ah, THAT'S how it does it," murmured the Pok&#233;dex.
    One of pokemon's greatest mysteries has now been solved.

"Huh," said Jack, as he climbed down aforementioned ladder. "Well, between the absentminded Machop guy, the overly cautious nutcase Gym Leader, and the blabbermouth fan club chairman, I'm glad this town can at least do SOMETHING right." Then, he paused. "Wait a second. It says something here. 'This ladder provided by the Pok&#233;mon Fan Club chairman. Say, by the way, have I ever told any of you about my darling Rapidash? It-'" Jack stopped reading out loud at that point and looked all over the ladder.

"Son of a-"

"Jack! Remember the fic's rating!" interrupted the Pok&#233;dex.

"But look!" replied Jack. "The chairman carved braggy stuff about his Rapidash all over the freakin' ladder!

"You know the sad thing? This doesn't surprise me," said the Pok&#233;dex. Jack shook his head and turned around to face the tunnel before him.
    You are awesome of awesomeness, missingno. master. Thank you. just thank you.

"No!" exclaimed the Pok&#233;dex, but too late; Weezing fired off a blast of voltage at Diglett. It had no effect whatsoever; Diglett shook the electricity off with no effort at all, then charged towards Weezing.

"Diglett's a Ground-type!" roared the Pok&#233;dex. "Electricity has no effect!"

"I COULD HAVE DONE WITH THAT INFORMATION SOONER!" Jack snarled in all caps. "WEEZING, TRY FLAMETHROWER!"
    Jack's still a long way from pokemon master.

I couldn't find any grammer mistakes yet again, It's nice to know a few people have decent grammer.

I give this chapter a 5 out of 5, I can't wait for the next chapter!

yay new chap- i mean, half chapter
    "Alright, what attacks does Diglett learn anyway?" muttered Jack to his Pokédex.

"Diglett's attacks, number one; Scratch," replied the Pokédex.

Jack blinked. "Scratch?"

"Scratch," repeated the Pokédex.

Jack stared at Diglett as the Smog cleared out. "With what?" he asked
    i saw this one coming
    o_0
    James also threw a Poké Ball, albeit one that looked like it was made of gold. "Magikarp, you too!" he called.
    gold pokeball? explanation please!
    overall good chapter. cant wait for the next one;it'll probobly be awsome(of awsomness)
    Your signature contained images that were too large. Read the rules before you add anything new

Quote Originally Posted by Resident evil View Post
    One of pokemon's greatest mysteries has now been solved.
    The Awesome of Awesomeness; Solving Pokemon's greatest mysteries since 2010.

You are awesome of awesomeness, missingno. master. Thank you. just thank you.
    Glad to do it.

Jack's still a long way from pokemon master.
    Clearly.

i saw this one coming
    I'm sure we all saw it coming. I couldn't not do it.

o_0
    Well, anything else I had in mind just seemed implausible. Even by this fic's standards, I mean. This idea had been stuck in my head for a while, and I only just got an opportunity to do something with it.

gold pokeball? explanation please!
    Yet another of this fic's anime references. In Battle Aboard the St. Anne, the Magikarp James buys is in a gold-plated Pokeball, and of course the salesman convinces James that it was solid gold.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

I had time on my hands, so I figured, why not?

Chapter 17: The Light at the End of the Tunnel
    --------------------
    Jack and Weezing made their way through Diglett's cave the same as before; Jack holding onto Weezing, so as to avoid any more Arena Trap incidents. However, as Jack looked down, he noticed something strange. No more Diglett were popping up beneath them.

"That's odd," murmured Jack.

"Jack, look along the walls!" exclaimed the Pokédex. Jack looked, and to his astonishment, saw a long line of Diglett on the floor of the cave, up against the wall.

"Diglett dig!" cheered every Diglett simultaneously, upon Jack noticing them.

"I see," said the Pokédex. "They're grateful that you got rid of Team Rocket, Jack. They're trying to return the favor by not attacking."

"Really?" said Jack. To his astonishment, every single Diglett in the cave nodded in response.

Jack immediately jumped down from Weezing and returned it to its Poké Ball. He smiled, then proceeded to walk through the cave. Within a minute, he came to another wooden ladder leading up, this one mercifully devoid of braggy comments about the Pokémon Fan Club chairman's Rapidash. Jack climbed the ladder and found himself in yet another small cave with a sizable opening in one wall. Jack walked out and was nearly blinded by the bright sunlight.

As Jack's eyes adjusted to the lighting, he saw before him a narrow path flanked by large trees on either side. Jack guessed that he was just at the border of Viridian Forest. Jack walked down the path, and came across an all-too-familiar sight; a white fence blocking his path, with a small gap that was being blocked by an innocent-looking tree. "Oh, come ON!" roared Jack. "There are MORE of these trees?!"

"'Fraid so, Jack," replied the Pokédex. "They're all over this region."

"Well, it could be worse," said Jack, as he pulled out a Poké Ball. "At least we have the means to get rid of it." And he threw the ball. "Ivysaur, Cut the tree down!"

In a flash of light, Jack's Ivysaur exited its Poké Ball and landed on the ground. Immediately, it slashed at the sapling with a glowing leaf. The tree split in half, and as Jack recalled Ivysaur, both halves shriveled up and vanished. Jack then walked through the gap in the fence, muttering about how crazy Kanto was.

Presently, Jack came across yet another all-too-familiar sight; A large brick building. Jack knew this sight well, as it was absolutely identical to the guardhouses containing the thirsty and unreasonable security guards. Jack walked through the doorway, and found that the inside was also identical to aforementioned guardhouses, although lacking the counters that the guards were behind. For that matter, much to Jack's relief, it was also lacking the guards. Instead, a brown-haired man wearing thick glasses and a lab coat was standing around, as if he was looking for someone. Jack had a shrewd idea as to who he was looking for, which was confirmed shortly; upon the man spotting Jack, he began walking towards him.

"Ah, Jack! I've been looking for you!" he said. "I'm one of Professor Oak's aides. If your Pokédex has complete data on at least ten species, I'm to give you an item. Professor Oak entrusted me with the HM05. So, Jack, have you collected at least ten different kinds of Pokémon?"

Before Jack could open his mouth, his Pokédex spoke up. "I can confirm that Pokémon Trainer Jack has owned exactly 19 different species of Pokémon."

"Ah, excellent!" exclaimed the aide. "Well then, Jack, here you go!" And he handed Jack a light grey disc, printed with the words "HM05: Flash".

Jack took the disc from the aide, smiled, and walked back out of the guardhouse, only to discover that the tree had grown back. Frustrated, Jack sent out Ivysaur, and ordered another Cut attack. After Ivysaur eliminated the tree once again, Jack recalled it and walked back to the entrance of Diglett's Cave. Jack descended the ladder and placed the HM in his TM case. Just then, the walkie talkie started beeping.

"Yeah?" said Jack, upon extracting said device out from underneath the Fame Checker.

"Jack, Miror B. here," came the reply. "Just wanted to tell you I'm all right. I had a bit of a run-in with the giant fighting robot, but it's all OK." Jack, however, got the feeling that it wasn't all OK, as the background noise included what Jack identified as a Steelix's roar.

"OK, so maybe I'm having a bit of trouble with its Steelix," conceded Miror B. "I got all four Ludicolo, plus my little Lotad attacking it all at once, but it's no good, it just keeps avoiding all of our attacks! I don't see how- woah!"

"What? What is it?" demanded Jack.

"Lotad's evolving!" exclaimed Miror B.

"What? Really?" said Jack.

"Yes! It evolved into a Lombre!" squealed Miror B.

"Lombre, the Jolly Pokémon, and the evolved form of Lotad," called the Pokédex. "Lombre is playful and delights in practical jokes. If it spots a fisherman, it tugs on the line to interfere."

"Nice Pokédex you got there," replied Miror B. "Lombre, use- WOAH!"

"Now what?" demanded Jack.

"That wasn't Water Gun! It's just learned Hydro Pump!" exclaimed Miror B. "Jack, I gotta go! I need to really focus here! Lombre, Hydro Pump now!"

And the walkie talkie cut out.

"Awesome," said Jack as he stowed the walkie talkie back in his backpack.

"Of awesomeness," added the Pokédex. "Say, Jack, do you notice something?"

"Like what?"

"Like how I can suddenly read how warm the Pokémon Fan Club chairman's Rapidash supposedly is when he hugs it while it's sleeping?"

"Oh, no, don't tell me he donated a second ladder!" moaned Jack.

"Wait a minute," said the Pokédex. "The ladder we just went down didn't have anything carved on it. This is the Vermilion City entrance!"

"But how? We just came down the other ladder!"

However, in response, Jack heard several dozen Diglett cry out behind him. Jack turned around to see aforementioned Diglett in a square formation.

"I get it," said the Pokédex. "They must have carried you here while you were talking to Miror B.!"

"Is this true?" Jack asked the Diglett. Jack was surprised to see each and every Diglett nod in response. "Wow," he murmured, as he made his way up the ladder.

About seven minutes later, Jack had exited Diglett's Cave, made his way through Vermilion City, decided against trying to get into Saffron City again, and walked through the underground path. As Jack exited the underground path, he started up the slope which led to Cerulean City. Past Akshun Reeplae's house, past the patches of grass, and right up to the shrubbery barring his entrance. It was then that Jack noticed yet another tree, identical to the ones in Vermilion City and Route 2. Sighing, he sent out Ivysaur.

"You know what to do, Ivysaur," Jack sighed, rolling his eyes. Ivysaur also rolled its eyes as it sliced the tree in half. Jack recalled Ivysaur and strolled into Cerulean City. It was at that point that he noticed a building to his left. The sign out front read;

"Miracle Cycle; For All Your Cycling Needs!"

"Ah, this must be the bike shop," said Jack.

"You think?" said the Pokédex sarcastically. Ignoring his electronic encyclopedia, Jack walked into the building. Immediately, the man behind the counter, a notably pudgy man with brown hair, greeted Jack.

"Ah, and how may I help you, young man?" he asked.

"I'm looking for a bicycle," replied Jack.

"Excellent," said the man. "We have some excellent ones in stock, for only $1,000,000!"

After a few seconds, Jack asked, "...Uh, how much for the less-than-excellent ones?"

"Oh, come on. It's not that expensive," said the man.

"Like hell it's not," said Jack. Then he remembered. The Bike Voucher! Quickly, Jack dug into his backpack and extracted the flimsy piece of cardboard.

"Oh... That's... A Bike Voucher!" exclaimed the man. "OK! Here you go!" Jack handed the Bike Voucher to the man, who tossed it into a nearby trash can. He then bent down, picked up a brand new red bicycle, hoisted it over the counter, and lowered it onto the floor.

"Alright!" he exclaimed. "Just put it into your backpack and you're good to go."

Jack smiled and nodded, then realized what the guy had just said.

"Eh, what?"

"Put it into your backpack."

"But it's too frickin' huge-"

"PUT IT IN!" he roared.

"OK, OK, geez!" exclaimed Jack. Knowing this wouldn't work, he took off his backpack, and held the bicycle over the opening. Then, quite suddenly, the bicycle shrunk down to the size of a potato. Jack's jaw dropped as the now-miniature bike fell into his pack. Without a word, Jack put his backpack back on and exited the shop.

"Well, THAT was weird, even by my standards," commented Jack, as he took the bike out of his backpack. It was still incredibly small. Jack placed it on the ground. "So, how do I ride a bike that size?"

As if in response, the bike enlarged itself to full size. Deciding to not question the situation, Jack mounted the bike and began pedaling. Almost immediately, a pair of speakers, one on each handlebar, began to blast out music. Jack blinked in surprise, then began riding around Cerulean City.

"So where do I go now?" Jack asked his Pokédex.

"Your best bet is to head to Rock Tunnel, and then Lavender Town," replied the Pokédex. "It's not far from Celadon City, and there's a gym there."

"Works for me," said Jack. "How do I get to Rock Tunnel?"

"It's just east of Cerulean."

Jack rode around for a few minutes, looking for the east exit to Cerulean. Eventually he found it, but it was on the other side of the shrubbery surrounding the city. Jack sighed, pedaled down to where the tree had grown back, and sent out Ivysaur to cut it down. Ivysaur cut the tree down, Jack recalled it, and he began pedaling off to the east. Much to his consternation, however, yet another tree blocked his path.

"I have HAD it with these damn trees!" roared Jack, as he threw Ivysaur's Poké Ball once again. As Ivysaur came out, its exasperated groan told Jack that it felt the same way. Reluctantly, Ivysaur hacked away with Cut, destroying the tree. Jack pedaled over where the tree once stood, and began making his way around a twisting and turning path. The presence of a hill didn't exactly help matters.

Presently, Jack came across who he took to be a trainer. He appeared to be around Jack's age, but lacked his muscles, and had slightly lengthy blond hair. As soon as he saw Jack, he called out,

"Hey, you! You're a trainer, right?"

"That I am," replied Jack. "What's it to ya?"

"Battle?" asked the trainer, grinning and holding up a Poké Ball.

"I don't see why not," replied Jack, dismounting his bike. As the bike shrunk down, Jack placed it back in his backpack.

"How's three each sound?"

"Fine by me."

Jack then grabbed a Poké Ball of his own and threw it.

"Go, Diglett!"

In a flash of light, the stubby Mole Pokémon appeared on the ground, facing the foe. The other trainer snorted, and held out a Pokédex.

"Diglett, the Mole Pokémon," said the Pokédex in a noticeably feminine voice. "Diglett burrow underground and feast on plant roots. They are prized by farmers for their ability to till soil perfectly."

"Ah, OK," said the trainer, putting his Pokédex away. He then threw the Poké Ball he took out earlier. "Paras, go!"

In a flash of light, a small, insectlike Pokémon appeared. It was a dark orange in coloration, and it sported a pair of tiny mushrooms on its back. As the glow of light faded, a flurry of blue stars flew around it.

"It's a shiny?!" exclaimed Jack.

"Yep!" exclaimed the trainer. "My pride and joy!"

Jack held out his Pokédex. And waited.

"WELL?!" demanded Jack.

"Gaaahhh..." replied the Pokédex.

Jack pulled the Pokédex in close and whispered, "What the hell is wrong with you?! Do you or do you not have information on Paras?!"

"It's not that, Jack, I'm in love!"

"Wait, what? With him?"

"Of course not! With his Pokédex! She's beautiful..."

"Of course," groaned Jack. "Look, just give me Paras's entry, OK?!"

"Fine, fine," grumbled the Pokédex. Jack held the Pokédex back out.

"Ahem. Paras, the Mushroom Pokémon. Paras sports a pair of mushrooms on its back which have excellent medicinal properties. It unleashes spores to attack."

"Paras, Bullet Seed!" commanded the trainer. Immediately, Paras opened its mouth and unleashed a barrage of glowing seeds.

"Dodge it, Diglett! Use Dig!" said Jack. In the blink of an eye, Diglett ducked underground. Paras stopped the attack and looked around in surprise; Jack guessed that it blinked at exactly the wrong moment, and was under the impression that Diglett had vanished. Then, quite suddenly, Diglett popped up directly underneath Paras, slamming into it. Paras rolled backwards, but quickly got back to its feet.

"Now use Fury Swipes!" commanded Jack. Diglett's nose glowed a bright white, and became long and pointy. Diglett then charged towards Paras while spinning around. Before Paras could start to dodge the move, it found itself getting swiped by a Diglett's nose. Again. And again. And again. Before long, Paras passed out, and Diglett stopped the attack.

"Paras, return!" called the trainer. He then began speaking to Jack. "Nice move from an amateur, but I won't lose, or my name's not Roy!" Roy then took a second ball and threw it. "Go, Pidgey!"

In a flash of light, the common Tiny Bird Pokémon appeared. In response, Jack held out Diglett's Poké Ball, recalling it.

"Diglett, you did well, but Pidgey's a Flying-type," he muttered, as he shrunk the ball down and placed it back on his belt. Jack then took a second ball and threw it. "Go, Ivysaur!"

Jack's Ivysaur materialized in a flash of light. It began to stare down the Pidgey.

"Ivysaur, the Seed Pokémon, and the evolved form of Bulbasaur," said Roy's Pokédex. "Ivysaur seeks out sunlight and absorbs it into the plant on its back."

"HAH!" roared Roy. "Grass-types are weak against Flying-types! Pidgey, this one will be a cinch! Use Aerial Ace!"

Pidgey trilled loudly as it did an impressive loop in midair, then streaked down towards Ivysaur.

"Use Sludge attack!" Jack ordered. Ivysaur opened its mouth and unleashed a stream of poisonous goop. However, Pidgey cut right through the Sludge without stopping, and plowed Ivysaur into the ground. Pidgey then flapped back over to its side of the battlefield, revealing Ivysaur to be unconscious.

"Damn," muttered Jack, as he recalled Ivysaur. "That's it, no more Mr. Nice Guy." And he pulled out a Poké Ball and threw it. "Rayquaza, destroy!"

In a flash of light and a flurry of stars, Jack's shiny Rayquaza materialized. It gave out a loud shriek. Immediately, Roy's Pidgey fell to the ground; it had passed out due to fright.

"Rayquaza, the Sky High Pokémon," said Roy's Pokédex. "Rayquaza is said to live its entire life in the ozone layer feeding on water vapor. It is rumored to have never come down to land."

"I still have one left!" exclaimed Roy, as he recalled Pidgey and threw yet another ball. "Furret, it's up to you!"

In a flash of light, a Pokémon with a long body appeared. It sported cream-colored fur, with dark brown stripes going around it. It also had dark brown ears, and short, stubby arms and legs. Jack held out his Pokédex.

"Gaaaahh... Uh, I mean, Furret, the Long Body Pokémon, and the evolved form of Sentret. Furret digs long, twisting tunnels under the ground. These tunnels are its nest."

"Huh," said Jack. "What's up with that Furret, anyway?"

For Furret had ran to its trainer and was hiding behind it. Jack initially thought that Rayquaza was to blame, but Furret was peeking out from behind Roy, and looking not at Rayquaza, but directly at Jack's face, fear in its eyes.

"Furret, what's wrong, buddy?" asked Roy. "It's a Dragon-type, your Ice Punch can do it!"

As if to confirm Jack's suspicions, Furret shook its head, and then pointed directly at Jack. Roy then looked at Jack.

"I think my Furret's scared of you!" declared Roy. "Return Rayquaza to its Poké Ball, I don't want to make Furret battle if it's too scared."

Nodding, Jack recalled Rayquaza, then approached Roy and Furret. At this, Furret squeaked in fright and withdrew its head, so its entire body was now hidden.

At this moment, a completely insane notion occurred to Jack. He slowly approached Furret.

"Do you... recognize me?" he asked.

Furret nodded frantically. It then leapt up and slammed its body into the Poké Ball on Roy's belt, recalling itself. Jack stood up and said to Roy,

"You're from the internet, aren't you?"

Roy looked left and right, rather shiftily. "What?" he said. "Me? From the internet?" He chuckled nervously. "You must be mistaken."

"You got that Furret as a Sentret from the Unwritten Fanfic Character Clinic, didn't you?" demanded Jack. At this, Roy's eyes widened.

"How do you- I mean, what are you talking about?"

"Cut the crap, Roy, you and I both know you were written into a fanfic. Now spill it."

Roy stood in place for several minutes, looking rather uncomfortable. Then, without warning, he burst out, "All right, all right, it's true! It's all true! The merriment! The peanut! The Patrick! It's all true, I was written into a fanfic, with Sentret as my starter! But how did you know?!"

"I was written into a fanfic myself," replied Jack. "Name's Jack. I'm the protagonist of The Adventure of Adventureness."

"Name's Roy," replied Roy, shaking Jack's hand. "I was written into The Awesome of Awesomeness as a supporting character. But how did you even know? I mean, aren't we not supposed to acknoweledge that we only exist as characters in a work of fiction?"

"My author, Missingno. Master, doesn't seem to believe in the fourth wall," said Jack.

"Did you say Missingno. Master?!" asked Roy. "He's my author, too! I was written in with orders to hang around the Rock Tunnel area and challenge a muscular 10-year-old on a bike to a battle, and to see where it goes from there. And what is this Adventure of Adventureness, anyway?"

"You've never read The Adventure of Adventureness?!" exclaimed Roy's Pokédex in obvious disbelief. "Here, look it up on my web browser."

"Gaaahhh..." sighed Jack's Pokédex.

Half an hour and much laughter later, Roy finished reading The Adventure of Adventureness, as well as The Awesome of Awesomeness, right up to the point where they were right now. He snapped the Pokédex shut and looked at Jack.

"So let me get this straight. The narrator of The Adventure of Adventureness is being held prisoner by your author, and is going to be executed in a little less than a month in our time."

"Yep," said Jack.

"And Miror B., the massive-afro'd ex-Cipher Admin from Pokémon Colosseum and XD, is trying to break him out, but is fighting off the guy who did that story's chapter titles and a giant fighting robot."

"Yep."

"And due to you activating a plot device, you are able to save the narrator provided you collect the eight badges of Kanto before they do him in."

"Yep."

"Wow," declared Roy. "I can't believe I was only written in as a stinking supporting character! A story this awesome, I want to be a protagonist!" Then he turned and faced Jack. "Say, I wonder. "Would you mind at all if I traveled along with you?"

"As long as you don't slow me down, sure," said Jack. "After all, it's not like I got unlimited time here. I gotta get five more badges in less than a month."

"I'm actually after badges as well," said Roy. "I already won three badges- the BoulderBadge, the CascadeBadge, and the ThunderBadge! When they gave me my orders, this was part of it- to earn those badges. But honestly, I want to go even further- I want to compete in the Pokémon League."

"Cool," said Jack. "Let's go!"

With that, the two trainers began walking east, towards Rock Tunnel.
    --------------------
    End Chapter 17.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 9th June 2011 at 2:42 PM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

new chapter horay!
    also i found a mistake! *confetti*
    THe sign out front read;
    and with that out of the way... highlights!
    Jack smiled and nodded, then realized what the guy had just said.

"Eh, what?"

"Put it into your backpack."

"But it's too frickin' huge-"

"PUT IT IN!" he roared.
    ths ^-^
    "Well, THAT was weird, even by my standards," commented Jack, as he took the bike out of his backpack. It was still incredibly small. Jack placed it on the ground. "So, how do I ride a bike that size?"
    what, fighting robots, huge afros, insanly strong mudkipz, and proffesser oaks aids, dont stand up to that in wierdness?
    "OK, OK, geez!" exclaimed Jack. Knowing this wouldn't work, he took off his backpack, and held the bicycle over the opening. Then, quite suddenly, the bicycle shrunk down to the size of a potato. Jack's jaw dropped as the now-miniature bike fell into his pack. Without a word, Jack put his backpack back on and exited the shop.
    so thats how they do it.....
    Half an hour and much laughter later, Roy finished reading The Adventure of Adventureness, as well as The Awesome of Awesomeness, right up to the point where they were right now. He snapped the Pok&#233;dex shut and looked at Jack.
    well you HAVE to read the adventure of adventureness to be anywhere near jack! besides its awsome(of awsomeness)

Default All right, all right, it's true! The merriment! The peanut! The Patrick!

You posted a half chapter and a full chapter that fast? I'm impressed.

Spoiler:- Second Half of Ch. 16:

Spoiler:- Chapter 17:

Jack final gets a traveling partiner? Who wants to conquer the internet! And here I was thinking that the Pokedex was going to be Jack's traveling partner for the whole region. But one question, why did you decide to name him Roy? Just out of curiosity.
    Last edited by ~Platinum~; 16th November 2010 at 4:37 AM.

also i found a mistake! *confetti*
    You seem a little too happy about that.

what, fighting robots, huge afros, insanly strong mudkipz, and proffesser oaks aids, dont stand up to that in wierdness?
    Good point.

You posted a half chapter and a full chapter that fast? I'm impressed.
    Like I said, I've had some free time on my hands.

Nothing in this fic should be suprising anymore. Just expect randomness.
    Ok, maybe that.

O_o Whaaa...
    And let this be a lesson to you. Never think that The Awesome of Awesomeness is predictable in any way. Even if you expect randomness, you'll still be surprised.

I agree. The Awesome of Awesomeness: Changing the way people view Pokemon since 2010.

Oh, now that is just cruel. And I love it. XD
    That's Jack for you.

You should make TR use all their mottos and alternate between them. They're all stupid anyways.
    Not a bad idea.

Win.
    Of win-ness.

I now have a strange urge to play Whack-a-Mole.
    Why am I not surprised?

Quick! Somebody find a Water Stone!
    Sorry, that one's staying a Lombre for a while. Miror B. has to have SOME form of variety on his team.

Now we've got the story characters doing it too!
    As if I could resist.

I love this fic.
    Yet another example of me explaining away an otherwise confusing and nonsensical in-game phenomenon with humor. In this case, how the player can fit an entire frickin' bike into their backpack.

Chapter Title Guy?!
    Nope, sorry. He's still in the internet.

Daaaaaarn. Still hoping he turns out to be the Chapter Title Guy.
    Again, nope. But, that's not to say that their physical similarities won't play a role in the story at some point.

You have killed all logic Missingno. Master.
    What logic? Can you see any logic in this story at all?

Mr. Nice Guy? From Jack? Whaaaa.......

And DESTROY!
    Well, here's how I see it. Jack sent out Ivysaur, clearly under the impression that Roy's Pidgey was of the freshly-caught and therefore weak variety, and that therefore the type disadvantage wouldn't play too much of a role. He wanted to go a little easy on Pidgey. That's about as Mr. Nice Guy as Jack gets.

And you really like that line, don't you?

Spongebob references about Patrick and peanuts always win.
    Yes. Yes, they do.

And conquer the internet?
    Again, nope.

Jack final gets a traveling partiner? Who wants to conquer the internet! And here I was thinking that the Pokedex was going to be Jack's traveling partner for the whole region. But one question, why did you decide to name him Roy? Just out of curiosity.
    You are obsessed with the idea of Roy being the chapter title guy in disguise, aren't you?

And don't worry, Jack's Pokédex will still be a major character.

And I really don't know why I named him Roy, the name just came to me as I was writing the chapter.

I'm actually well into Chapter 18 right now, so I might have it up tomorrow, if not tonight. It takes place in Rock Tunnel, which required Flash. And you all know what that means- fun with HMs!

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

I actually had several reasons for believing Roy to be the Chapter Title Guy;

1. The similar physical characteristics.

2. Roy has a Paras, the Chapter Title Guy has a Parasect.

3. A trainer walks up to Jack and asks him to battle. No other trainer has walked up to Jack and asked him to battle like the trainers in the games do before. Seems a little suspicious.

4. When the Awesome of Awesomeness began, you said characters from the Adventure of Adventureness would eventually show up.

5. At the end of Chapter 15, Miror B. said he had just encountered the Chapter Title Guy. Then he's all of a sudden battling the Bad Grammar Robot. What happened to the Chapter Title Guy there? Random cameo and then he's suddenly gone.

Because of your reply to my post, I now know that Roy and the Chapter Title Guy are two different people.

Next chapter will be up tomorrow or tonight? I wish I had that much free time. Can't wait to see what type of personality Roy has. And more fun with HM's.
    Last edited by ~Platinum~; 16th November 2010 at 9:32 PM.

One thing I noted - I find it hard to believe Jack and Roy read the entire fic, all 40-something chapters of it, in only half an hour...
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

I actually had several reasons for believing Roy to be the Chapter Title Guy;
    1. The similar physical characteristics.
    As I stated, a coincidence.

2. Roy has a Paras, the Chapter Title Guy has a Parasect.
    I had actually completely forgotten that at the moment. Again, purely coincidence.

3. A trainer walks up to Jack and asks him to battle. No other trainer has walked up to Jack and asked him to battle like the trainers in the games do before. Seems a little suspicious.
    Well, do keep bear in mind that whenever Jack's going through an area populated by trainers, they generally avoid him. Remember in Viridian Forest? Jack used a frickin' shiny Rayquaza to capture an Arbok, and that kinda scared off the Bug Catchers. The Bug Catcher on Route 3? Remember his reaction to Jack? That scared the trainers out of challenging him. And as for beyond Nugget Bridge, remember Jack was in a towering rage over the Team Rocket grunt's stupidity, and the only trainer that was about to challenge him wound up getting multiple expletives and horrible breath thrown in his face. That tends to deter people from challenging one to a battle, wouldn't you say? This time, however, Jack wasn't in a rage at all, nor was anyone nearby who knew of his Rayquaza.

4. When the Awesome of Awesomeness began, you said characters from the Adventure of Adventureness would eventually show up.
    And so they will. I haven't forgotten this.

5. At the end of Chapter 15, Miror B. said he had just encountered the Chapter Title Guy. Then he's all of a sudden battling the Bad Grammar Robot. What happened to the Chapter Title Guy there? Random cameo and then he's suddenly gone.
    Next chapter covers it.

Because of your reply to my post, I now know that Roy and the Chapter Title Guy are two different people.
    Alright. However, I'm now considering using their unintentional similarities at some point in the story...

Next chapter will be up tomorrow or tonight? I wish I had that much free time. Can't wait to see what type of personality Roy has. And more fun with HM's.
    Wait no more, here it is! It may not be as long as Chapter 17, but then again, few things are.

Chapter 18: Rock Tunnel 'n' Roll
    --------------------
    Jack and Roy looked at the mountain before them. It was rather tall and forboding. A large, arch-shaped hole in the side of the mountain stood before them.

"So," said Roy, "This is Rock Tunnel."

"Seems that way," said Jack.

"Well, no sense in delaying it," said Roy. "Let's go in!"

Jack nodded in agreement, and the two stepped into the caverns.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEK !"

"Wah! Jack, what was that?! It sounded like a Zubat's Supersonic!"

"Eh... Nothing."

"You were screaming like a little girl, weren't you?"

"Well, I didn't expect it to be this friggin' dark in here!" snapped Jack.

"OK, arguing isn't going to solve anything. You got any Pokemon that lights up?"

"No, I- wait! That's it!"

"What's it?" asked Roy.

"I just got an HM for Flash!" exclaimed Jack. "I can teach it to one of my Pokémon, and they can light up this cave!"

"That works!" exclaimed Roy. "But let's do this outside."

"Fine by me," said Jack, and the two of them went back outside. Jack then used his Pokédex to rearrange his team, took a Poké Ball, and threw it.

In a flash of light and a flurry of blue stars, Jack's shiny Sunkern materialized.

"Oh, man, that's cool!" exclaimed Roy. Although he had read about Jack's Sunkern, he seemed eager to actually see it. Jack, meanwhile, extracted the HM05 from his TM case, placed it on Sunkern's forehead, and pressed the button. Sunkern glowed briefly, and Jack placed the HM back in the case.

"There," said Jack. "Sunkern can now use Flash!"

"Excellent," said Roy. "Let's roll into Rock Tunnel!"

"There's a 'rock 'n' roll' pun in here somewhere," said Jack, "But I'd rather not. The chapter title is bad enough."

With that, the two of them proceeded into Rock Tunnel. Once again, they found themselves consumed by the pitch-black darkness.

"Sunkern," said Jack, "Use Flash!"

"Sunkern sun!" chirped Sunkern. Suddenly, Sunkern glowed brightly, nearly blinding Jack and Roy. Then, the glow faded. Jack was astonished to discover that the entire cavern was now well lit, as if someone had installed electric lights. Sunkern was now also no longer glowing.

"What the hell?" said Jack. "I thought that when Sunkern used Flash, the glow coming from it would light the way for us. Instead it glows for a few seconds and all of a sudden the cave has perfect lighting?"

"Can you see me complaining?" said Roy. "Recall Sunkern and let's get going. I'm itching to earn me another badge." Jack nodded and returned Sunkern to its Poké Ball. At this point, neither Jack nor Roy were surprised to discover that the cave's great lighting did not fade away when Sunkern returned to its ball.

The two continued walking through the well-lit cavern, around corners, down ladders, up ladders, around more corners, through tight spaces, and so on.

"Hey, Roy," said Jack, "I just realized something."

"Yeah?"

"You look an awful lot like the Chapter Title Guy. How can I be sure you're not him in disguise?"

Before Roy could reply, though, Jack's walkie talkie beeped.

"Hold that thought," said Jack, taking the device out of his backpack. "Yeah?"

"Jack, Miror B. here. Just thought I'd fill you in on what's happening here. I'm winning against the giant fighting robot's Steelix, but things are getting worse."

"How so?"

"Well, remember I told you that I had been battling the Chapter Title Guy?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, as soon as the giant fighting robot appeared, he hung back for a while in the hopes that the robot would beat me for him. But now that I'm winning, he's re-entered the fray, and I'm scared of activating his Mudkip's oh, so diabolical Torrent ability."

"Just Skill Swap it like you did last time," suggested Jack.

"Now, why did I not think of that?" exclaimed Miror B. "Of course! Jack, I gotta go!"

As Jack put the walkie talkie away, Roy said, "You were saying something?"

"Oh, shut up," mumbled Jack, as the two trainers continued through the twisting passageways.

Several minutes later...

"WAH!" exclaimed Jack, upon spotting a large boulder in front of him getting up and walking around. "What is THAT?!"

"Graveler, the Rock Pokémon, and the evolved form of Geodude," said Roy's Pokédex. "Although it can walk, it prefers to roll around. It couldn't care less about anything in its path."

"Cool," grinned Roy. "I gotta catch that thing!" Immediately, he drew a Poké Ball off his belt and threw it. In a flash of light and a flurry of stars, Roy's shiny Paras appeared, faced the Graveler, and growled. In response, Graveler turned to face Paras, and held out two of its arms. The arms glowed brown for a moment, and a small stone appeared in each hand. Graveler then heaved both rocks at Paras simultaneously.

"That's a Rock Throw!" warned Roy's Pokédex.

"Paras, dodge it and use Bullet Seed!" called Roy. Paras scuttled to the left, narrowly avoiding being smashed into the ground by the falling stones. It then opened its mouth and fired off a volley of seeds. Graveler responded by curling its entire body into a spherical shape. Due to the Defense Curl attack, the Bullet Seed bounced right off. Graveler then snickered, and began to roll towards Paras, quickly gaining speed.

"Paras, Dig!" called Roy. In the blink of an eye, Paras attacked the ground with its claws, burrowing underground with swift swiftness. Graveler rolled right over the small hole, and skidded to a stop. It turned around, and seemed confused at Paras's absence.

"NOW!" exclaimed Roy.

The ground immediately underneath Graveler began cracking; a small hole opened up, and Paras jumped up from underneath, slamming into Graveler and knocking it off balance. It rolled off to the side and struggled to get back on its feet. Roy seized this opportunity immediately. He dug into his backpack, extracted a Poké Ball, and enlarged it to full size.

"Poké Ball, GO!" called Roy, as he threw aforementioned spherical object. Just as Graveler managed to get back on its feet, it was struck by the ball, turned into red energy, and pulled inside. The ball snapped shut, fell to the ground, and wobbled. Once.

Twice.

Three ti-

The ball exploded. Fragments of Poké Ball flew in every direction as Graveler emerged in a flash of light. As the glow faded, Graveler stomped the ground in anger, and lunged towards Paras in a Tackle attack.

"Don't give in, Paras!" called Roy. "Use Grass Knot!"

Paras, who had been cowering in fright ever since the Poké Ball exploded, sprang into the air.

"PAAAARAAAAAS!" it screeched. A pair of glowing, green vines snaked out of its back, one coming from behind each mushroom. The vines looped around Graveler's feet, and caused it to stumble. Graveler began rolling again, though this time not of its own will. Paras, Roy, and Jack quickly stepped off to the side, as Graveler rolled past them and smashed into a wall. As Graveler just lay there groaning, Roy took out yet another Poké Ball and threw it at Graveler.

The ball split open, sucked the transparent mass of red energy that was Graveler into its depths, snapped shut, fell to the ground, and began to wobble. Once.

Twice.

Three times...!

With a clicking sound that seemed to take forever to happen, Roy exhaled a sigh of relief. He had caught Graveler.

"Nice job," said Jack, as Roy picked up the Poké Ball containing his new Graveler. Jack then kicked a nearby fragment of Poké Ball. "Didn't expect it to be so messy when that Poké Ball failed, though. For some reason, I thought that when a wild Pokémon breaks out of a Poké Ball, the ball just lets it back out and returns to the trainer unharmed."

"Yeah, I wish," chuckled Roy, as he recalled Paras. "Sounds like you watch too much TV, Jack."

"Possibly," replied Jack. "Let's get going, alright?"

"Sure," said Roy. The two then continued through the cave, until finally, Jack spotted a large hole in the cave's wall. Through the hole, Jack could see trees.

"We're almost out!" he exclaimed. He picked up the pace and began running for the exit.

"Jack, look out!" called Roy, but it was too late; Jack collided rather painfully with a passing Pokémon. It looked almost humanlike, but it had greyish-blue skin, unrealistically large muscles, red lines on its arms, and it was wearing a strange-looking belt around its waist. It also had several grey ridges coming out of its head in place of hair.

"Mmph," mumbled Jack, as he extracted himself from the Pokémon, only to find it glaring at him.

"Oh, poopy," muttered Jack.

"Machoke, the Superpower Pokémon, and the evolved form of Machop," said Jack's Pokédex. "Although usually docile, Machoke gets angry if anyone interrupts its training. And you won't like Machoke when Machoke is angry."

"Oh, double poopy," muttered Jack, as he slowly backed away from the Machoke.

"Machoke wears a power-save belt to keep its immense power under control," continued the Pokédex. "A trainer that observes a Machoke removing its power-save belt is advised to run like hell." As the Pokédex said this, Machoke ripped its belt off and flung it aside in one motion.

"Oh, triple poopy," squeaked Jack.

The effect was immediate; Machoke began twitching uncontrollably. It then roared loudly and charged towards Jack. Instinctivly, Jack grabbed a Poké Ball at random off his belt and threw it, praying to Arceus that it was Rayquaza's ball he grabbed.

No such luck. In a flash of light and a flurry of stars, Jack's Sunkern appeared, and squeaked in fright at the sight of an enraged, belt-less Machoke.

"Sunkern, Sludge Bomb!" called Jack. Sunkern launched off multiple explosive orbs of sludge from its mouth, but Machoke deflected them with an impressive Karate Chop and continued charging.

"Sunkern, return!" called Jack, as he held Sunkern's ball in one hand and threw a new ball with the other. "Rayquaza, Hyper Beam!"

In a flash of light and a flurry of stars, Rayquaza appeared in the mercifully high-ceiling'd cave, roared loudly, and fired off a beam of pure destructive energy. Machoke took the hit directly. As Rayquaza stopped the attack, Machoke was shown to have been plowed into the ground and knocked out by the force of the attack.

"Go, Poké Ball!" Jack called, as he threw a Poké Ball at the Machoke. The ball struck Machoke directly, and converted it (and strangely enough, the discarded power-save belt several yards away) into transparent red energy. Once it had sucked in all the energy, the ball snapped shut and fell to the ground. It shook once. Twice. Three times...!

CLICK.

Jack smiled as he picked up the now still Poké Ball. He only held it for a second before it vanished, indicating that it had been sent to PC storage.

"Great job, Rayquaza," said Jack, as he recalled aforementioned shiny legendary. Then, stepping around the large Machoke-shaped hole in the floor, Jack and Roy headed towards the exit.
    --------------------
    End Chapter 18.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 9th June 2011 at 2:43 PM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

yay new chapter! gleee!
    well no mistakes so hears highlights!
    In a flash of light and a flurry of stars, Rayquaza appeared in the mercifully high-ceiling'd cave, roared loudly, and fired off a beam of pure destructive energy. Machoke took the hit directly. As Rayquaza stopped the attack, Machoke was shown to have been plowed into the ground and knocked out by the force of the attack.
    i think it would have been funnyer if jack pulled out evry ball exept for rayquaza's.
    3 strikes your out!
    "Machoke wears a power-save belt to keep its immense power under control," continued the Pok&#233;dex. "A trainer that observes a Machoke removing its power-save belt is advised to run like hell." As the Pok&#233;dex said this, Machoke ripped its belt off and flung it aside in one motion.
    the awsome of awsomness. makeing pokedex entries funnyer since 2010

Default "Just put it into your backpack and you're good to go."

O_O two chapters while i was away? Well, time for the review:

"My author, Missingno. Master, doesn't seem to believe in the fourth wall," said Jack.
    That's definately true.

"Excellent," said the man. "We have some excellent ones in stock, for only $1,000,000!"

After a few seconds, Jack asked, "...Uh, how much for the less-than-excellent ones?"

"Oh, come on. It's not that expensive," said the man.
    You make everything funnier.

"You've never read The Adventure of Adventureness?!" exclaimed Roy's Pokédex in obvious disbelief. "Here, look it up on my web browser."

"Gaaahhh..." sighed Jack's Pokédex.

Half an hour and much laughter later, Roy finished reading The Adventure of Adventureness, as well as The Awesome of Awesomeness, right up to the point where they were right now. He snapped the Pokédex shut and looked at Jack.
    Characters reading their own story? Has it been mentioned that you don't belive in the forth wall?

"Of awesomeness," added the Pokédex.
    It's contagious.

I give chapter 17 a five out of five, awsome of awsomeness chapter.

Chapter 18:

"Sunkern sun!" chirped Sunkern. Suddenly, Sunkern glowed brightly, nearly blinding Jack and Roy. Then, the glow faded. Jack was astonished to discover that the entire cavern was now well lit, as if someone had installed electric lights. Sunkern was now also no longer glowing.

"What the hell?" said Jack. "I thought that when Sunkern used Flash, the glow coming from it would light the way for us. Instead it glows for a few seconds and all of a sudden the cave has perfect lighting?"
    You've held true to your promise.

"There's a 'rock 'n' roll' pun in here somewhere," said Jack, "But I'd rather not. The chapter title is bad enough."
    I'd have to agree.

"Machoke, the Superpower Pokémon, and the evolved form of Machop," said Jack's Pokédex. "Although usually docile, Machoke gets angry if anyone interrupts its training. And you won't like Machoke when Machoke is angry."

"Machoke wears a power-save belt to keep its immense power under control," continued the Pokédex. "A trainer that observes a Machoke removing its power-save belt is advised to run like hell." As the Pokédex said this, Machoke ripped its belt off and flung it aside in one motion.

This was rather random. of randomness. wait did i come up with another fic title?

The ball exploded.
    Yet another great mystery solved.

I give chapter 18 a 4.9 out of five, because it could have been longer.

You are awsome of awsomeness Missingno. Master, can't wait for the next one.

i think it would have been funnyer if jack pulled out evry ball exept for rayquaza's.
    Possibly, but with a raging Machoke running straight for you, would there be time before it Karate Chops you into ground beef? I doubt it.

And that's about as realistic as this fanfic gets.

the awsome of awsomness. makeing pokedex entries funnyer since 2010
    Quoted for truth

That's definately true.
    This story, as far as I am concerned, has no fourth wall, and hasn't ever, not since Jack yelled for the narrator waaay back when The Adventure of Adventureness was starting.

You make everything funnier.
    I like to think so.

Characters reading their own story? Has it been mentioned that you don't belive in the forth wall?
    It might have come up, yeah.

It's contagious.
    Of contagiousness.

You've held true to your promise.
    When do I ever not?

This was rather random. of randomness. wait did i come up with another fic title?
    Quite possibly. I'm already envisioning the sequel to this one, you know, to make it a trilogy. The Random of Randomness doesn't sound too bad.

Yet another great mystery solved.
    Yeah, I just had to touch on the subject of how in the games, Pokeballs are destroyed if they fail, whereas in the anime, they seem to be reusable.

I give chapter 18 a 4.9 out of five, because it could have been longer.
    I agree, I could've made it longer. Eh, what can I say, I'm lazy like that sometimes.

You are awsome of awsomeness Missingno. Master, can't wait for the next one.
    Working on it right now. Next one's gonna involve Pokémon Tower. I wanted to get that one up by Halloween, but obviously that didn't happen. It might not be up for a few days, but I think I'll give you a few tidbits about Pokémon Tower that might interest you.

1: When you don't possess a Silph Scope, any wild Pokemon in the tower appears as a generic Ghost, even the non-Ghost-type Cubone. Any Pokemon will be too scared to attack it, and no matter how many Pokeballs you chuck at it, it dodges them all.

2: In R/B/Y/FR/LG, your next rival battle takes place here.

Yeah, based on those certain details (especially the second one), why don't you all try and guess how funny the next chapter's gonna be?

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Default And you won't like Machoke when Machoke is angry.

Ok, exactly how much free time do you have? So many new chapters so fast,

Spoiler:- Generic Spoiler Tag Entry:

Ok, exactly how much free time do you have? So many new chapters so fast,
    Don't get too used to it. The next chapter might not be up for a couple of days.

Adventure of Adventureness reference!
    Had to be done.

Games =/= Anime
    The Awesome of Awesomeness =/= logic

Ok, problem solved.
    Glad to see that cleared it all up for you.

Again, Games =/= Anime. Jack really needs to learn this.
    He needs to learn a lot of things. Such as which Pokemon are Ground-types.

This fic has a lot of running gags.
    It does, doesn't it?

Two captures in one chapter? And both evolve through trades? I think you can guess what I'm thinking.
    Was it that obvious? Yeah, there'll be a trade happening sometime in the future.

Trilogy? Awesome! (Of Awesomeness!)
    And if my readers and I don't tire of it, I might not even stop there.

I'd love to see how Rayquaza reacts.
    It's like you read my mind or something.

1000/10?
    It's gonna be a Cheeseball chapter, so that sounds about right. Bear in mind, though, that there's bound to be a degree of seriousness to the chapter, though, given that they're gonna be, you know, around all the death and stuff.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 22nd November 2010 at 12:39 AM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Man, Missingo. Master you never dissapoint! Will you be keeping Roy as a character? I think he's ok. Hey, are you doing anything special for Thanksgiving or Christmas?
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Christianity is a Relationship with our true God, Jesus. It's not a Religion. Copy and paste If you agree

Registeel is mine, yay!

Adventure of Adventureness & Awesome of Awesomeness: Smashing the 4th wall into gazillion pieces since 2010. - Sig too long, so Mod a cropped it

Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast