Thread: New Kirby series thread (25th anniversary coming up)

Default New Kirby series thread (25th anniversary coming up)

Well since the old thread is long gone I thought it appropriate to start all over.

Today I got Planet Robobot as a present.

Anyway this is a general discussion of the Kirby series from the very first game to the most recent one and all future games.

Since today is Christmas I thought it appropriate to ask this question.

What is your favorite winter-themed level in the Kirby series?

I think the one in Amazing Mirror (name escapes me at the moment) is the one for me.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
    Shippings I support: Ash/Misty, Drew/May, Kenny/Dawn, Ash's Pikachu/Dawn's Buneary, Tracey/Daisy, Cilan/Iris, Clemont/Serena, Harley/Zoey, James/Jessie, Max/Bonnie, Max/Mira, Max/Vivi Winstrate (I multiship Max and only Max), Butch/Cassidy, Gary/Lillie, Kiawe/Lana, Sophocles/Mallow, Lunick/Solana, Wes/Rui, Brendan/Game May

RIP Blake Carrington, Ben Matlock, Joe Mannix, JR Ewing, Jim Phelps

I LOVE Amazing Mirror, but a classic that I come back to again and again is Kirby Air Ride. It's a really fun game for Gamecube (can be played on Wii obviously) and it's one that I hardly see anyone talk about because they don't know it exists. It's a real shame because Air Ride is a gem!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL Lives Matter

I'm hoping that for the 25th anniversary, they remake Kirby 64 on the 3DS. Since they remade the NES game Kirby's Adventure on Game Boy Advance and the SNES game Kirby Super Star on Nintendo DS in the past, I figure they should keep the pattern going.

Well, considering they remade the N64 Legend of Zelda games, it is not out of the realm of possibility that they'll remake a few other N64 games for the 3DS, including Kirby 64.
    Hall of Fame (Will update as I finish/check my games):

Blue: Original Version Trainer Name: Camvqzy (I was 5!)

Omega Sapphire Trainer Name: Larson

I'd love to see a Kirby 64 remake (mainly to see what they could do with combos of newer abilities like Leaf and Water), but usually for a game to be remade there needs to be a lot of fan demand for it and I haven't seen anyone clamoring for a Kirby 64 remake (or any further Kirby remake for that matter). I don't think we're getting anything big for the 25th anniversary in general, we just had Planet Robobot and they probably won't have something major ready for next year. It'll probably be something more like Kirby's Dream Collection and either reuse assets from other Kirby games and/or consist of small minigames.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 29th December 2016 at 3:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I'm currently playing kirby superstar ultra. It isn't as good as my fav snes game superstar but it's still really good and one of my fav ds games =)

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

So you guys think there's gonna be a Kirby game on the Switch? If so, when do you think it will be released?

Kirby tends to be a late adopter of consoles, like Pokémon, and major 3D titles tend to get released at the end of a console cycle, to send that console off with a nice comfy game. So it should take a lot of time(about two-three years), ignoring a possible anniversary (re)release, of course.

That said, I fully expect a mobile Kirby in the near future.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0