Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone still have any NES or SNES cartridges?

Default Does anyone still have any NES or SNES cartridges?

and if you do and still have your NES/SNES, have you tried playing them? and if they severely glitched up (froze when trying to play/messed up graphics/unstable game which tends to freeze randomly) can you post screenshots?

here's an example
    Last edited by vanillite1; 3rd November 2015 at 11:08 AM.

Signature edited due to exceeding awesomeness limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    claimed vanillish, super smash bros for 3ds, master hand and quick man stage soundtrack (smash 4 version)

I don't have any NES cartridges but I have SNES cartridges. No, they don't freeze up our glitch out, they're in good condition and I still use them.

Quote Originally Posted by RDSP View Post
    I don't have any NES cartridges but I have SNES cartridges. No, they don't freeze up our glitch out, they're in good condition and I still use them.
    how old are these cartridges and your SNES?

Signature edited due to exceeding awesomeness limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    claimed vanillish, super smash bros for 3ds, master hand and quick man stage soundtrack (smash 4 version)

Quote Originally Posted by vanillite1 View Post
    how old are these cartridges and your SNES?
    The SNES is an original model, probably bought around 1992 (I wasn't born yet when the system was released). The oldest cart is likely Super Mario World and the newest is likely Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

The SNES is an original model, probably bought around 1992 (I wasn't born yet when the system was released). The oldest cart is likely Super Mario World and the newest is likely Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.
    so it's 23 years old and still alive?

One of my friends has a Retron 5 that he uses for retro games, and there's a small gaming store in the area that buys and sells them.

I do have quite a few. My cousin owned the SNES before I took it off of him. Got a few games after a while.
    TLoZ : A Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger, FIFA 98, Super Mario World, Breath of Fire. These are the ones I bought for myself later on. All working perfectly fine.
    Rest are pretty crap games my cousin had for himself.

My N64 and it's games are working perfectly fine too.

Rolling back the ages.

Former Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Thank you for the memories, Bleach Club

Claimed Blaziken - Pokemon Diamond - Ike

so it's 23 years old and still alive?
    Yes. The only problem is the controller, which has a split cord but otherwise works well.

I've got a Super Nintendo, Super Mario World, and Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2. All worked fine as of three years ago, the last time I played them.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for news, reviews, info on Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website. Come and join us for 20th Anniversary festivities, they've already begun!

I have Earthbound for SNES. Suckas.

I bought it also on the eShop, but I only completed the physical copy as of right now.

3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

I sadly do not have any but it is mostly due to me too young to be touching video games (or not born yet) when they released or at its most popular. Don't think I will try to get them as it is likely extremely hard to get them at a reasonable price.

Credit to Brutaka for the awesome banner!
    I have claimed Drapion and Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles.

I wasn't born until almost exactly a year after the release of the Nintendo 64, so no, not exactly.

That said, I still do have my single oldest Nintendo game sitting on my bookshelf right now. It's Pokemon Fire Red. I don't usually get that much sentimental attachment to physical objects, but that cartridge is kind of an exception. I can easily imagine myself still having that cartridge on my future desk or bookshelf a decade from now.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 8 Battles
    Play my Mario Maker level! It's a fast-paced and challenging, but it's also short and has generous check points. Just try not to get stomped!
    (6078-0000-00FA-2D90)

I have a couple dozen NES and SNES games on hand still.

Even tried playing the NES about a year ago, and it was functional enough to allow for a complete playthrough of some Mega Man games (Which I took delight in plowing through after the misery they caused me in my childhood).

Even to this day, because none of us really physically use the actual systems themselves anymore, I still consider the SNES that we have, shall we say, 'shared amongst' me, my younger brother and older sister.

Because it's used very rarely these days, as far I know it and the games that we still have for it work.
    Those games are, at this point in time (mind you, this is just from memory, so I might be forgetting some):

- Super Mario World
    - SMW2 : Yoshi's Island
    - NHL '95
    - ESPN Baseball Tonight
    - Street Fighter II - Turbo
    - Batman Returns
    - Mega Man X
    - One of the Donkey Kong Country games, I'm going to guess the first one. (This one my little brother borrowed from a friend of his, who never ended up taking it back)

Even though it's not mine, my little brother has an NES system he bought at a store that sells old game systems and old games for them.
    I can't remember a majority of the games he had for it at the moment, but he definitely has Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda for it.

For the SNES games I listed, I can't remember at all if any of them ever glitched up in any way the last time any of them were powered up. It's been a long time since they were.
    For the two NES games, I mentioned, the only thing glitch-y that happens is sometimes the Zelda game doesn't like to power up.

My top six favorites

Claimed by me!

does anyone have a dirty cartridge then

I wish I still had my nes and snes because it seems like they are never going to come out with the guardian legend, lufia 1 and 2, and evo for the vc )=

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I have none, But I still have an N64 and tons of games for it including Mario Kart 64,Donkey Kong 64 and Banjo Kazooie.

Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post
    I have none, But I still have an N64 and tons of games for it including Mario Kart 64,Donkey Kong 64 and Banjo Kazooie.
    So do i. I have pokemon stadium 1 and 2, mario party 1, 2, 3, and that's all. I got them before they came out on vc.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

does anyone have a dirty cartridge then
    We use Q-Tips and rubbing alcohol.

I don't get this post though. Are you asking us to show (if we own) glitched-out SNES games screenshots?

Rolling back the ages.

Former Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Thank you for the memories, Bleach Club

Claimed Blaziken - Pokemon Diamond - Ike

Oh, I do have a Nintendo 64 game that doesn't work really well: Pokémon Stadium. It randomly crashes and/or glitches out.

I have a copy of the original Legend of Zelda that glitches, but I have another copy that doesn't.

And funny story how I got my NES. When I was eleven in 1991 and mammoths roamed the earth, I had a paper route. It was about two miles long, and in northern Indiana it can snow anywhere from October to May. So I had to walk two miles in the snow every day to get my 8-bit Nintendo.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated Jan 1st, 2016)
    It's got its own TV Tropes page!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine, winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!
    Heart Like A Stone, winner of Most Heartbreaking Fic and 3rd place Best Canon Character-Centric 2014!
    For your consideration--Solar System, 4th place, Villainous Intent

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBlaziken View Post
    I don't get this post though. Are you asking us to show (if we own) glitched-out SNES games screenshots?
    well actually that was the purpose of this thread, not asking if people still own nes/snes cartridges but rather if they glitch out

sorry

Oh, I do have a Nintendo 64 game that doesn't work really well: Pokémon Stadium. It randomly crashes and/or glitches out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani View Post
    I have a copy of the original Legend of Zelda that glitches, but I have another copy that doesn't.
    screenshots/videos?

ok I thinks I'm gonna let this get locked or delete it

screenshots/videos?
    I WOULD post a screenshot but my television is extremely finicky and doesn't want to turn on. Besides, the picture quality is horrible and I don't have a good camera.

I WOULD post a screenshot but my television is extremely finicky and doesn't want to turn on. Besides, the picture quality is horrible and I don't have a good camera.
    but can you describe what happens?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast