Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Nintendo Soundtrack

Default Favorite Nintendo Soundtrack

What are your favorite soundtracks for any Nintendo game (second party and third party games on Nintendo consoles included)? This goes for the entire soundtrack of the game, not just one song, though if one song makes the whole soundtrack for you, then feel free to list it.

For me, I'd have to say that the soundtracks to Earthbound, Super Mario 64, F-Zero X, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze are my favorites right now.
    Last edited by Mew2; 20th October 2014 at 6:18 PM.
    Team Rocket will pay for their crimes.

Xenoblade has the best OST out of any Nintendo game. This is fact and can't be disputed

Wind Waker, by far. Also most Zelda games. I remember liking Galaxy and Sunshine's too, but I haven't listened to them in ages so I can't gauge how good they are.

I have quite a bit, Golden Sun (First two, haven't played Book 3), Fire Emblem (ALL...), and Super Mario Sunshine. Have you heard the Prince's Despiar from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones? It's good. So are the character themes from FE7. 'Cept Merlinuss' because it's a remix of Going my Way or whatever it's called.

EDIT: let's add Xenoblade to the list.
    Last edited by Phsy-Spark; 2nd November 2014 at 10:54 PM.

“My brother, whom you killed. My brother, Linus….It’s none of your business……”

I have claimed Ivan from Golden Sun, Bayleef, and Kingdom Hearts-Chain of Memories for the GBA.

Twilight Princess's tracks and most Fire Emblem ones.Spark's right.The Prince's Despair is the best theme in The Sacred Stones next to Comrades.

"If you don't sharpen your blade,you lose your edge."
    I have claimed Inigo,Fire Emblem for the GBA,Open Your Heart from Sonic Aventure and Electabuzz!

Overall it is Brawl, with 4 3DS a close second. Not counting Smash games, because it isn't fair too, I would have to say OoT. The ocarina songs a great, plus the songs set the mood perfectly for the settings.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

I agree with woot21 on this one. This is heavily lopsided in favour of Smash bros. Brawl and Smash bros. Wii U/3DS for the obvious reason that it selects and remixes and all the most famous songs, and has a fully-featured Sound Test to enjoy them in.

If not those two, then the two Galaxy games. I more or less treat them as a single entity. They're distinctly separate in style and feel in a few ways, but otherwise they are just two different versions of nigh-perfection and this extends to their soundtracks. Nothing comes close in terms of its sheer grandeur.

Shout-outs go to Bravely Default, Pokemon BW2 and Fire Emblem: Awakening and the Zelda series. The latter in particular has loads of great songs, just spread out over a 28-year-old series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Xenoblade has the best OST out of any Nintendo game. This is fact and can't be disputed
    You're wrong, because Valoo is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    Wind Waker, by far. Also most Zelda games. I remember liking Galaxy and Sunshine's too, but I haven't listened to them in ages so I can't gauge how good they are.
    None shall compete with Wind Waker.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Too many choices. B2/W2 has my favorite soundtrack of any Pokemon game though the remastered soundtrack for OR/AS might change my opinion there. X/Y is a close second with those fantastic gym leader and E4 battle themes, among other tracks.

Path of Radiance is another soundtrack I loved, with Radiant Dawn and Awakening shortly behind it. The MegaMan Battle Network and Starforce series had some great soundtracks if we're counting non-first party Nintendo games. And I can't say with straight face that Bravely Default had sub-par soundtrack, so that game deserves a mention too.

But everyone here knows I'm beating around the bush, Golden Sun is undoubtedly my favorite Nintendo soundtrack. This includes Dark Dawn which had that beautiful and underplayed boss theme.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga: Yoko Shimomura does an excellent job in this classy game with the nice hub music, and the incredible boss tracks.

With what Psynergy said, I did like the "panic" theme in Megaman Battle Network 3. It really feels suspenseful.

Wow, didn't remember this theme to well, but now I have to:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzPlM...F7CA13FD0284C0

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLpCj...284C0&index=13
    The panic theme I was talking about.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

It's a toss up between Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, the two Galaxies and Final Fantasy VI. Since we're talking complete soundtracks, I might just have to give the edge to FFVI since I can't think of any other game soundtrack where every single song is a commendable and listenable piece of music in it's own right.

Also, you know... that final boss theme.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    It's a toss up between Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, the two Galaxies and Final Fantasy VI. Since we're talking complete soundtracks, I might just have to give the edge to FFVI since I can't think of any other game soundtrack where every single song is a commendable and listenable piece of music in it's own right.

Also, you know... that final boss theme.
    Chrono Trigger would also like to have a word.

Though I'm of the mind that any soundtrack is listenable music.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

There are so many to choose from. For Pokémon, I like Platinum's soundtrack the best. ACNL also has a few amazing songs, namely the early morning themes. The classic Mega Man games also have great songs, especially Mega Man 2. Super Mario Galaxy is my favorite game, and that is partly so because of it's music, but that's not my favorite either. I would have to go with Wind Waker for my absolute favorite, but by a margin. In general, I think TLoZ has the best music.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

I like many Mario Kart Track Themes. Such as Mushroom Gorge, Daisy Hills, and Rainbow Road.

For Pokemon, most of the rival, gym leader, elite four, champion, and legendary battles are pretty great. (Ruby and Sapphire has the best music IMO)

Smash Bros has some pretty exciting themes, I particularly love Brawl's and NSSB's main themes.

Fire Emblem's only good theme in my opinion is it's main theme. :/

Pikmin's themes are all just calming... not really what I am in to.

Animal Crossing has many great songs. I like it's main theme, Bubblegum KK and Go KK Rider, those are my favorites in this series by far.

Xenoblade also has some pretty good music that's fun to listen to.

Dark Pit's Theme has GOT to be one of my favorite themes ever. :3
    Proud owner of the Master League~

Userbar and badge made by broomstig.
    Claimed Reuniclus
    Ask.fm/DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You're wrong, because Valoo is right.

None shall compete with Wind Waker.
    Fight me. Only game with a better ost than xenoblade is tales of legendia though that's not nintendo

Actually, Sunshine has really good music. Like the secret level theme.

ALSO DAT MISCHIEF MAKERS THEME
    I feel like the only that even knows what this game is

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Actually, Sunshine has really good music. Like the secret level theme.
    Going back to it, Sunshine does have really nice music. It might just be nostalgia, but there's something really pleasant about the tracks in that game, and it works really well with the bright (literally and figuratively) and vibrant atmosphere of the game as a whole. It's kind of hard to be mad at that game for too long with music like that. Well, except maybe in some of the secret levels.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Besides Brawl and 4, I'd say the Galaxies, and Fire Emblem Awakening
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

All Fire Emblem games and Golden Sun games have amazing soundtracks, and F-Zero also has some nice tunes too (Mute City is a personal favourite). Also, Pokemon games, especially Hoenn and Sinnoh, have great soundtracks too in my opinion.

EDIT: Aargh, how could I forget Bravely Default and Kid Icarus: Uprising?! They also have superb soundtracks. I also like some music from the Metroid series too.
    Last edited by tomatohater; 2nd November 2014 at 10:42 AM.
    Too much water guys!

The BW games have an amazing soundtrack along with Fire Emblem Awakening, Super Mario Galaxy (haven't played the second one), the Legend of Zelda series and Brawl.

An honorable mention goes to SSB 3DS only because it's soundtrack, while great imo, pales in comparison to Brawl's variety. However SSB Wii U is shaping up to have some great music though so that's good.

Is it really fair to count the Smash Bros games, though? They're basically just compilation/arrange albums. It's like a Best of soundtrack for any series it represents.

Nintendo are always on point with soundtracks. The best are probably Zelda or the Gen IV Pokémon games imo; Diamond/Pearl/Platinum had some of the best music I've ever heard.

Gotta admit, the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series has some of my favourite videogame soundtracks of all time, specifically the second ones (Time/Darkness/Sky).

FE: Awakening is my #1. I like practically every song in that game's soundtrack, except for the combat preparations. Kid Icarus: Uprising is then a close runner up.

After those two games, though, I find it to be really hard to decide. Hyrule Warriors, perhaps?
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

My favorite Nintendo soundtrack has to be Xenoblade Chronicles. You Will Know Our Names is the best part, but Gaur Plains and Mechanical Rhythm prove my part more. Awakening (Fire Emblem) us also good with Pokemon and Kid Icarus Uprising.
    My FEA Family:

Quote Originally Posted by BlackwingMarauder View Post
    Fire Emblem's only good theme in my opinion is it's main theme. :/
    Have you even played The Sacred Stones,The Blazing Sword,Path of Radiance,Radiant Dawn and/or Awakening?They have themes that beat the main theme a hundred times over.Even try listening to The Prince's Despair.It's not even as good as some Id remixes.Seriously,play your Fire Emblem before you judge it's themes off the few in Brawl and 4 3DS.

"If you don't sharpen your blade,you lose your edge."
    I have claimed Inigo,Fire Emblem for the GBA,Open Your Heart from Sonic Aventure and Electabuzz!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast