Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic, Nintendo Console Edition

Default Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic, Nintendo Console Edition

Much like the OPG Forum version, this thread is designed to eliminate the multiple "What Game(s) Should I Get?" threads by consolidating the inquiries into one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjit
    If you don't know what game you want to get for a console/handheld, this is the place for you! Just list some games you're thinking of buying and we'll help you decide! It'd also help if you listed the games you own for the console, or link to a page where it has a list (IGN Collection, .txt file, etc.). You don't need to do that, but it helps a lot!
    When answering someone's request for an opinion on game choice, please remember to quote them so that it is easier to know to whom you are responding.
    Jealous much?

Wee, first post!!

Anyways, I'm deciding wether or not to get Wii Sports Resort. I'm leaning towards not getting it, considering I got bored of the original Wii Sports pretty quickly, but I just want to know if it's worth it. I mean, will I be playing it for a long time, or will I start getting bored of it fairly quickly?
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnoh Champion View Post
    Wee, first post!!

Anyways, I'm deciding wether or not to get Wii Sports Resort. I'm leaning towards not getting it, considering I got bored of the original Wii Sports pretty quickly, but I just want to know if it's worth it. I mean, will I be playing it for a long time, or will I start getting bored of it fairly quickly?
    Yeah, I'm debating too. It would be fun with people over, but that's about it.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

^ That's what I'm thinking too. It really only seems to look fun if you're going to have two or three friends over, and spend a lot of time playing it. If you're by yourself, though, I just can't really see having much fun with it.

Any opinions?
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Should I get Final Fantasy V and VI for the GBA? I've played all the Nintendo Final Fantasies (the ones originally released on a Nintendo console, that is) except for these two and I was wondering if I should buy used copies.
    THE
    END...?

^ Well, I haven't actually played any Final Fantasy games, but if you've played the first four, then I would go and play the fifth the sixth. Also, to answer your used question... depends on how used they are. A lot of game were barely used, and look brand new. Some used games are damaged and stuff like that. I would look into how used they are before deciding to get them used.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Wee, first post!!

First of all, the Wii Motionplus does have a considerably amount of difference to the previous Wii sports, and I find that neat. The one-player stuff is a little shallow, but with a couple friends, and the game becomes incredibly fun. Best off getting it if you have friends to play with.

^ I would play with friends a lot, but will it end up being like the original Wii Sports and get boring after playing it for quite a while? Because I don't want to buy it, play it for a month or two, then never touch it again.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Krake View Post
    Should I get Final Fantasy V and VI for the GBA? I've played all the Nintendo Final Fantasies (the ones originally released on a Nintendo console, that is) except for these two and I was wondering if I should buy used copies.
    Obviously. : /

V is the greatest **** ever.

I've had my wii for over a year now and the only game I have are Wii Sports and Super Smash Bros. Brawl -_-
    I finally got the money to buy a new game and I was wondering out of these 3 games to get.
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Mario Kart Wii
    Animal Crossing: City Folk

^ If you're a fan of those classic "collect starts through missions" Mario games, then you'll absolutely LOVE Galaxy. It's one of the best Mario RPG games IMO.

If you really liked all the previous Mario Kart games, then I'd go with Mario Kart Wii. They implemented a lot of new features like bikes and tricks, plus there's a lot more characters and courses to try out.

I haven't played any Animal Crossing games, so I wouldn't know about that.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony the Awesome View Post
    I've had my wii for over a year now and the only game I have are Wii Sports and Super Smash Bros. Brawl -_-
    I finally got the money to buy a new game and I was wondering out of these 3 games to get.
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Mario Kart Wii
    Well someone's behing the ball ;P

Since you have a 2 multiplayer games right now I would suggest Mario galaxy out of the 3. (If you have Ac gc or ds then it is really no different.) Although Mario Galaxy 2 is coming out next year and if you have a strict budget and don't buy games often (which looks like your case) then you should decide on which one you want now and if you would rather have Galaxy 2 then wait untill then and get another game in the meantime. Legend of Zelda: Tp and are Metroid prime trilogy are awesome games although the later is not actually out yet. But it will be soon.

^ If you're a fan of those classic "collect starts through missions" Mario games, then you'll absolutely LOVE Galaxy. It's one of the best Mario RPG games IMO.
    Super Mario Galaxy is an RPG now? I've heard of genre melding, but what?

On topic: Get SMG. One of the greatest games on the Wii. Animal Crossing is only really fun if you have no life, and MKWii isn't even as good as MK64.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony the Awesome View Post
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Mario Kart Wii
    If you want the best single-player game, get Super Mario Galaxy.
    If you like multiplayer and/or racing games, get Mario Kart Wii.
    They're all great games, however.
    I claimed Giratina.

Level me up, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Super Mario Galaxy is an RPG now? I've heard of genre melding, but what?
    Sorry 'bout that... I was tired and not really thinking...

But I also agree that out of those three games you want to choose for, overall SMG is the best. I mean I've played that game over and over and it simply doesn't get boring.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

How long does Wii Sports Resort last? I've heard that it gets old really fast, which is not worth it in my opinion. Or should I just bag this whole ordeal and get Carnival Games?
    GT: Steeel Woool
    (Let me know you're from SPPF if you send a request)

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing_Pikachu View Post
    How long does Wii Sports Resort last? I've heard that it gets old really fast, which is not worth it in my opinion. Or should I just bag this whole ordeal and get Carnival Games?
    I think that Resort probably last longer than Carnival Games, as the games are a little more complicated with the Wii MotionPlus. However, I'm in the same dilemna whether the game itself lasts long.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

I think that Resort probably last longer than Carnival Games, as the games are a little more complicated with the Wii MotionPlus. However, I'm in the same dilemna whether the game itself lasts long.
    I was kidding about the Carnival Games part, but thanks anyway.
    GT: Steeel Woool
    (Let me know you're from SPPF if you send a request)

I don't know whether to get Tatsunoko vs Capcom (Wii), because I want Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3), Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (PS3), and Bayonetta (PS3) along with it and I can only spend $200 this Christmas. And if I do, I might have to take one of these out.

Should I get Metroid: Zero mission or Metroid fusion?

Should I get NSMB or SM64DS?

Hold up, isn't Galaxy a platformer?

Looking for Pokémon X exclusive Megastones (Charizard X, Mewtwo X, Tyranitar, and Manetric).
    Y
    FC: 2981-6335-1505
    IGN: Daniel
    Steam Username: 20stalks

Quote Originally Posted by Ohshi View Post
    Yes, just smack the kid who says it's an RPG.

I'm just wondering, but which game is better for GameBoy Advance.

Donkey Kong Country or Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3? Also if the latter is chosen, should I choose Yoshi's Island DS over Super Mario Advance 3?
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

Quote Originally Posted by Ohshi View Post
    Yes, I've already mentioned that I made a mistake. Seriously, just look a few posts back, you saw me correct myself.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

I just got 2000 Wii Points. What should I get? I am debating over Zelda OoT, MM, Super Metroid or Megaman 9.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast