Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic, Nintendo Console Edition

Hey I was wondering if someone could help me. I was thinking of playing pokemon again, I used to play 3rd gen a while back and I've been watching all theses vids on youtube and looking at forums about the new games. I dont know if its work going back and getting a new 3ds or just a dsi? Also should i go back and play platinum/diamond/pearl and black/white before playing black 2/white 2?

Quote Originally Posted by kidunen View Post
    Hey I was wondering if someone could help me. I was thinking of playing pokemon again, I used to play 3rd gen a while back and I've been watching all theses vids on youtube and looking at forums about the new games. I dont know if its work going back and getting a new 3ds or just a dsi? Also should i go back and play platinum/diamond/pearl and black/white before playing black 2/white 2?
    Hey, I'm glad to see your interest in Pokemon. If you're interested in playing again, you could either go back and play some 3rd Gen. But, if you're getting a DS, Black and White and their sequels are great! Also, for more retro, HeartGold and SoulSilver are also really fun. Really, whichever game is availible is fun! Enjoy!
    Friend Safari: Snorunt, Bergmite, Cloyster
    Friend Code: 0860-3745-2173

Credit to Robert

I have got $20 to spend on the 3DS eshop what should I get?

P.S. I already have pushmo

~

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAce View Post
    I have got $20 to spend on the 3DS eshop what should I get?

P.S. I already have pushmo
    Link's Awakening is always a good addition.

It really depends on what you are looking for.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Get the original Legend of Zelda, or Freakyformseluxe
    『ポケモン不思議のダンジョン ~�� �グナゲートと∞迷宮(むげんだいめ� ��きゅう~』
    "I AM ERROR"~ZeldaII: The Adventure of Link
    Find me on the Pokemon TCGO forums, Fusemon, Pokefarm, and Chicken Smoothie! (Same screen name)

I AM A LEGIT SHINY TRADER, AND I ONLY TRADE LEGIT.
    I HAVE CLAIMED THE MASTER OF THE WINDS-TORNADUS!!!
    I FINALLY GOT A SHINY FLAWLESS ZORUA! YAY ME!

PROUD OWNER OF THE SECOND LEGIT SHINY RESHIRAM from the Mirage Spots in OR/AS. 11/26/14 on Japanese Omega Ruby. If anyone doesn't believe me or would just like to see it, it would be happy to battle you. PM me!

I've been looking for a new game to purchase with my points on the Wii Shopping Channel. I've just finished Super Mario World and now I'm looking for something new. Doesn't particularly matter if it's on the Virtual Console or if it's WiiWare; does anyone know of any good value games which have a reasonably long play time and entertaining gameplay? I'm pretty much open to any genre or developer, etc.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

what game should i get for my 32gb wii u? (nintendoland already came with it in the box) as far as i know nsmnu and zombiu arent port or remakes i think

New Super Mario Bros. U?

ZombiU?

Scribblenauts Unlimited?

pokemon i want for bw2: none

current bw2 pokemon team:

All stars gen pokemon team: 1st gen: , 2nd gen: , 3rd gen: , 4th gen: , 5th gen: 6th Gen:???

Quote Originally Posted by Roxas The Deaf View Post
    what game should i get for my 32gb wii u? (nintendoland already came with it in the box) as far as i know nsmnu and zombiu arent port or remakes i think

New Super Mario Bros. U?

ZombiU?

Scribblenauts Unlimited?
    I would reccomend NSMBU out of those games.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

New Super Mario Bros. U?

ZombiU?

Scribblenauts Unlimited?
    I would say NSMBU, but Scibblenauts is a good game as well. But definitely one of the two.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Ok, so here's the situation. I've got $50 to spend on a Game Boy. I just sold my Pocket a few months back, so I'm not all that interested in another one (the battery life is horrible, 8-12 hrs on two AAAs?) I'm wondering which one I should get. I'm looking for a battery operated one (so no SPs, please). Should I go for the original "brick", the GBC, or the original Game Boy Advance? A side note, I've already owned a GBC and GBA in the past, but I've never owned an original brick. I've heard that the battery life is phenomenal (40 hours!). But I've also heard negative things about the display. From how I remember my friend's original one way back when I was ten, the display wasn't all that shabby. I'm also concerned about the "dead pixel" issue on so many of them. Is this thing also ridiculously huge, or is that just how I remember it as a little kid? Thanks in advance for your answers!
    Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Unova Champion

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Of what you've restricted yourself to, the original Advance has the superior display and the largest software library and as such would be the logical choice if you're just looking for something on which to capably play Game Boy titles.

And yes, the original Game Boy really was that ridiculously huge. Grab a ruler and measure it out yourself: 3.5" wide x 5.8" tall by 1.3" deep. That's about the length and width of a 3DS XL while being thicker and heavier. The thing was a total brick. By today's standards, the display... well, we'll be diplomatic and say it doesn't quite hold up. I don't know that I would tell someone used to modern handheld displays to go find one. It would feel a lot like trying to play Mario on a graphic calculator, without being as clear or as sharp as those displays.

It did not, however, last 40 hours on four AA batteries. It lasted about 15 hours if you played your cards right, making your distaste at the Pocket's battery life somewhat puzzling.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Of what you've restricted yourself to, the original Advance has the superior display and the largest software library and as such would be the logical choice if you're just looking for something on which to capably play Game Boy titles.

And yes, the original Game Boy really was that ridiculously huge. Grab a ruler and measure it out yourself: 3.5" wide x 5.8" tall by 1.3" deep. That's about the length and width of a 3DS XL while being thicker and heavier. The thing was a total brick. By today's standards, the display... well, we'll be diplomatic and say it doesn't quite hold up. I don't know that I would tell someone used to modern handheld displays to go find one. It would feel a lot like trying to play Mario on a graphic calculator, without being as clear or as sharp as those displays.

It did not, however, last 40 hours on four AA batteries. It lasted about 15 hours if you played your cards right, making your distaste at the Pocket's battery life somewhat puzzling.
    You do have a point. I keep forgetting that the Pocket had somewhat decent battery life (max 12 hours). It's just that I tend to play Pokemon on it for weeks on end, and that's probably why the batteries died quickly. I also didn't use the best brands of batteries for them (didn't use Duracell or Energizer), so that's something I'll change. The 40 hour estimate is one that I've heard around the net, but I've also heard about the 15 hour estimate as well. The display is probably gonna be too pea-soupy and blurry for me, so I have a strong feeling that I'll go for the Pocket. Probably not gonna get the Color, since the speaker on it dies out pretty quickly, and the screen is smaller than the Pocket. I'm probably not gonna go for the Advance, either; it only runs about 2-3 more hours than the Pocket, plus, the battery life is less if you put the volume way up and play original Game Boy games (which is what I'll be playing mostly). I might also go for the Game Boy Color, it runs on 20-30 hrs of battery life, and it plays original Game Boy and GBC games. So, I guess it's between the Pocket and the Color.

Which one out of those two is best? I'm really leaning towards the Pocket.
    Last edited by Trainer Michael; 11th January 2013 at 12:01 AM.
    Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Unova Champion

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

i just recently got a wii and i was hoping if any of you could suggest me any games. money is not a problem, the only thing that i ask of you is not to recommed games with excessive amounts of gore or games in general in which go by the rule of "kill or be killed." i like to sit back and have fun, detective games (in which you can't die) would be wonderful as well.

the games/series i'm already planning on getting are: harvest moon AP/ToT/MM, rune factory, the legend of zelda TP/SS, kirby TtDL/EY, okami, mario galaxy/2 and tales of symphonia. am i missing any other must-get wii titles?
    Last edited by xerxes; 14th January 2013 at 8:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mephistopheles. View Post
    i just recently got a wii and i was hoping if any of you could suggest me any games. money is not a problem, the only thing that i ask of you is not to recommed games with excessive amounts of gore or games in general in which go by the rule of "kill or be killed." i like to sit back and have fun, detective games (in which you can't die) would be wonderful as well.

the games/series i'm already planning on getting are: harvest moon AP/ToT/MM, rune factory, the legend of zelda TP/SS, kirby TtDL/EY, okami, mario galaxy/2 and tales of symphonia. am i missing any other must-get wii titles?
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl, definitely. It's a fighting game, but there's no gore, and it's designed to be a very casual game overall.

Xenoblade Chronicles is also a masterpiece among JRPGs, if you're into those.

you could try getting battle revolution which isnt a kill or be killed game

pokemon i want for bw2: none

current bw2 pokemon team:

All stars gen pokemon team: 1st gen: , 2nd gen: , 3rd gen: , 4th gen: , 5th gen: 6th Gen:???

Has anyone from Europe already played Pandora's Tower? How is it compared to XBC or TLS? I enjoyed XBC way more than TLS, and I'm wondering if it'll be worth dropping another $50 on.

you could try getting battle revolution
    lolyeahokay

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Has anyone from Europe already played Pandora's Tower? How is it compared to XBC or TLS? I enjoyed XBC way more than TLS, and I'm wondering if it'll be worth dropping another $50 on.
    Just a heads up, Pandora's Tower is getting a release in North America if you're curious.

you could try getting battle revolution which isnt a kill or be killed game
    Mysterial's Kyogre team's a pain it is the definition of kill or be killed. Luckily I was able to demolish it with Raichu, Jirachi, Hippowdon, and Scizor. Pass up on Battle Revolution, with generation 6 just announced, it's even older.

Poking around and wanting to have fun? Hmm...like puzzles? If so, check out what the Professor Layton has to offer.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Just a heads up, Pandora's Tower is getting a release in North America if you're curious.
    I know; that's why I'm asking.

I just bought a Nintedo 64 and I really don't know anything about it. What are some solid games other than Stadium (I already have Stadium)

GodDamnZilla

Quote Originally Posted by John Wallrein View Post
    I just bought a Nintedo 64 and I really don't know anything about it. What are some solid games other than Stadium (I already have Stadium)
    Well... I'm not exactly sure... since I've never owned a 64. (And I'm curious as to why you have one? ^^ Of all things, why the 64?)
    Anyway, I know The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is good, as is Ocarina of Time. But maybe you played the latter already...
    There's Yoshi's Story... I think.
    And Mario 64 isn't bad... if you don't have the DS one.

The original Super Smash Bros. comes to mind...

Can't really think of anything else. Sorry. :P

Edit:

Get Fire Emblem.
    Get Fire Emblem.
    Get Fire Emblem.
    Get Fire Emblem.

Really. It's a good game. My favorite franchise~
    FE: Radiant Dawn is for the Wii... while FE: Path of Radiance if for the GameCube.
    I think they might be a bit hard to find for a decent price, though...

There's Super Smash Bros...
    Oh... and Monster Hunter Tri.
    That's a really good game.
    Last edited by fireemblemfan4ever; 29th January 2013 at 8:26 PM.

I gonna go on holiday and I want to find some cool 3DS eshop games which I can download. Any suggestions?
    I'm an ambassador so keep that in mind.
    3ds FC 2492-4223-4524
    Black FC:0432-9941-9309
    Black 2 FC: 3397-2999-9109
    AC:NL Dream Address: 6900-2317-3049

Need some fun GBA/GBC games please? Excluding Mario, Pokemon and Advance Wars. Oh and no final fantasy...
    WANT TO START SHINY HUNTING ON THE GBA, ANYONE GOT ANYHELP FOR ME PLEASE?!

Current fanfics:

PMD: Explorers of Space----Prologue! (On Hold)

Coming soon:
    Henry's Adventure! A New Fanfic

Quote Originally Posted by VioiV View Post
    Need some fun GBA/GBC games please? Excluding Mario, Pokemon and Advance Wars. Oh and no final fantasy...
    For the GameCube, try The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker. Both are great games.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Already got em mate. Btw I meant Gameboy Advance/Gameboy Color.
    WANT TO START SHINY HUNTING ON THE GBA, ANYONE GOT ANYHELP FOR ME PLEASE?!

Current fanfics:

PMD: Explorers of Space----Prologue! (On Hold)

Coming soon:
    Henry's Adventure! A New Fanfic

Try the Fire Emblem games. They're pretty good.

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast