Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic, Nintendo Console Edition

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    I just got 2000 Wii Points. What should I get? I am debating over Zelda OoT, MM, Super Metroid or Megaman 9.
    Majora's Mask and Super Metroid.

I`ve been interested in Super Mario Sluggers for the Wii for a while now. The problem is that I live in Europe, and there is no sign of the game even being announced to come to our shores.

Now, I was wondering if you guys think the game is worth importing from the US?
    Last edited by Golem25; 25th August 2009 at 1:35 PM.
    My team;
    Typhlosion Jynx
    Swabli Copper
    Snoov Electivire

Honourable mention to Carlo, the Shiny Magikarp.

For those who are contemplating whether to get WSR, don't get it. Those type of games do get tiring easily

Quote Originally Posted by Golem25 View Post
    I`ve been interested in Super Mario Sluggers for the Wii for a while now. The problem is that I live in Europe, and there is no sign of the game even being announced to come to our shores.

No!!! A few months ago, I had heard about this game from a friend, and he had told me he kind of liked it. Really excited, I went out and bought it. I played it for less than an hour before deciding I hated it. The controls are bad, the menu is complicated, and when playing an actual "baseball game" all you have to do is just click certain buttons and eveeything is done for you.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Golem25 View Post

It's not worth buying when it comes out in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnoh Champion View Post
    No!!! A few months ago, I had heard about this game from a friend, and he had told me he kind of liked it. Really excited, I went out and bought it. I played it for less than an hour before deciding I hated it. The controls are bad, the menu is complicated, and when playing an actual "baseball game" all you have to do is just click certain buttons and eveeything is done for you.

ROFL, you bought a game just by a mere recomendation and not actually trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    ROFL, you bought a game just by a mere recomendation and not actually trying it.
    I don't try every single game I play. A lot of games that I buy (and really like) are from reviews I've read or suggestions from thread. A lot of games that I have, my friends don't even have them.

If I tried every single game I played, then I'd spent way too much time testing out games.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Been thinking about what games to add to my Wii-Games collection, so was just wondering how people rate; Sports Resort, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Sonic Unleashed and Sonic and the Black Knight?

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post
    Been thinking about what games to add to my Wii-Games collection, so was just wondering how people rate; Sports Resort, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Sonic Unleashed and Sonic and the Black Knight?
    I haven't really played Sonic Unleashed and Sonic and the Black Night, but I do highly recommend Brawl, Sports Resort. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is coming out next year, so you should probably wait for that one over Super Mario Galaxy. Brawl and Sports Resort ARE must gets though. Hope that helps!

Sports Resort: I played it at a Walmart once, and it was pretty fun, but it looked like after you've played each game once or twice, it would get boring.
    Galaxy: Absolutely amazing!! I recommend you go out and get it right now! It's a super-long game with amazing levels and exciting gameplay. The different missions and galaxies are extremely unique and you'll want to play it over and over again (I've already played it 3 times)
    Brawl: Not as good as Galaxy IMO, but still really great! It's a very good game if you have friends over, as you can spend hours having multiplayer brawls. The Adventure Mode, although short, is quite enjoyable.
    The Two Sonic Games: Haven't played 'em, sorry.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Should I get LIT on wii ware zelda oot isnt quite doing it for me boss fights are to simple

Which would be a better buy?

Super Mario Bros and The Legend of Zelda
    or
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    My friend code.
    1462 5195 1813

Since everyone else talk about other games i will talk about Sonic Unleashed.
    It is a very short game and the were hog levels are boring after a while. Not really that great of a game =\ but still kind of good.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonwarrior View Post
    Should I get LIT on wii ware zelda oot isnt quite doing it for me boss fights are to simple
    Buy Majora's Mask, the second half of the game will rape you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magmar Master View Post
    Which would be a better buy?

Super Mario Bros and The Legend of Zelda
    or
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    A Link to the Past is definitely a great game(it only places low on my Zelda rankings out of too many good games, not it sucking like TP). But ALttP is probably one of the hardest, too.

Can't go wrong, really.

Hey all, just wondering how people would rate:
    1) Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World
    2) Okami
    3) Spectrobes Origins

I know they're all pretty different games, but would anyone recommend them? I've already got all the must buy titles and am currently looking for somethng new and different on the Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnoh Champion View Post
    Wee, first post!!

Anyways, I'm deciding wether or not to get Wii Sports Resort. I'm leaning towards not getting it, considering I got bored of the original Wii Sports pretty quickly, but I just want to know if it's worth it. I mean, will I be playing it for a long time, or will I start getting bored of it fairly quickly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfing_Pikachu View Post
    How long does Wii Sports Resort last? I've heard that it gets old really fast, which is not worth it in my opinion. Or should I just bag this whole ordeal and get Carnival Games?
    Wii Sports Resort is good at first but gets boring quickly. The sword game is great and so is they flying around the island but even they get boring after you've done them for a while. Whats more, you need two motion plus things to play it with a friend anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by KyogreKing View Post
    Should I get NSMB or SM64DS?
    Depends on if you prefer side scrolling platformers (NSMB) or platoformers which let you freely explore (SM64DS). Also if you've already played SM64 on the N64 i'd try out NSMB for something new as the remake is great but its still pretty similar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    I'm just wondering, but which game is better for GameBoy Advance.

Donkey Kong Country or Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3? Also if the latter is chosen, should I choose Yoshi's Island DS over Super Mario Advance 3?
    Never played Donkey Kong Country, but in my opinion Yoshi's Island Super Mario Advance 3 is tons better than Yoshi's Island DS

Wii Sports Resort: Average. Some games are great, others aren't. Generally doesn't last too long

Super Mario Galaxy: Brilliant. My favourite Wii game. If you like mario games and platformers you'll love this. Even if you don't, this game may change your mind

Super Smash Bros Brawl: Brilliant, especially for multiplayer. The best beat 'em up game you'll find. You're missing out if you don't have this!

Sonic Unleashed: Terrible, especially the Werehog levels. If they'd put only sonic levels in it could have been decent, but seriously the werehog and the story suck. If you like sonic don't play this game, you don't want your opinion of him to be blemished

Sonic and the Black Knight: I'd lost faith in sonic by the time this had come out so didn't buy it..........

Now its my turn. Can anyone recommend any good Wiiware or virtual console games (if its a mario game, don't bother, I likely already have it)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan
    During your experience at SPPf, there is unfortunatley no protection or clause that states "Mods shall not be bitchy."
    That's right... I AM KIRA

3DS Friend code: 3351 4126 2678
    PM me your code if you add mine. Mainly up for Mario Kart 7 but don't mind other suggested games if I have them!

Um should I get Super Mario Galaxy, Paper Mario (Wii), or MK Wii? They all sound like good games but i can only buy 1.
    Gigachu wants Cake

My Pokemon Platnuim Team:

^ If you can only buy one, then I'd go with SMG. It's a really long and fun game, with amazing gameplay, really cool levels, awesome techniques and use of gravity, plus a few unexpected twists.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

I've been considering to get Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story later in 2009. I am not sure if I should get it though. Is it a really great game? I know it's only been out for a day though.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Gigachu View Post
    Um should I get Super Mario Galaxy, Paper Mario (Wii), or MK Wii? They all sound like good games but i can only buy 1.
    Get Galaxy. It's a really good game with great music and gameplay.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I have a few questions. Which is the best out of these from order best to least?

Legend of Zelda Orcania of Time
    Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
    Legend of Zelda Orcania of Time Majora's Mask

I imagine the folks here on Serebii would know, so I came here. Help would definatly be appreciated!
    Last edited by Nidoprince; 20th September 2009 at 1:09 AM.
    Quit. For real this time lol. Moved to Pokebeach as Tyaniking a long time ago. The only thing keeping me here was the games corner and the really fun RPGs, but those are out, so I started going to the TCG section, but that's pretty much dead. I'm trying to get into the video games, but most of my time is devoted to the TCG, so IDK how it's gonna go. If I get back into the games, I'll probably come back. Besides, most of the other TCG crew moved to Pokebeach as well. Any of my groups or games may be closed or they may be remade by anyone who wants to. I give full permission. I'm sorry I have to leave, but that's just life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidoprince
    Legend of Zelda Orcania of Time
    Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
    Legend of Zelda Orcania of Time Majora's Mask
    Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
    You're just asking for a fanboy war there. Everyone's got different opinions.

However, in my opinion, Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask are fantastic games and all are worth playing. Phantom Hourglass, not so much.

Can anybody help me with my suggestion? In case most of you did not know, I was asking if Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story was a good game because I was considering to get it really soon.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

^I wanna know too. I'm not gonna pre order it, I'm going to see the ratings first.

Quote Originally Posted by Hito-shura View Post
    You're just asking for a fanboy war there. Everyone's got different opinions.

However, in my opinion, Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask are fantastic games and all are worth playing. Phantom Hourglass, not so much.
    I took Phantom Hourglass out, because I realized I'm getting that one for a handheld Zelda Game, seeing the new one doens't look that great. I can easily get OoT and MM off WiiWare, but does anyone know if they still have used copies of WW in used game stores? *Checks official Gamestop website* Well, they do. But, I have a question that could help me decide. Like in the Twilight Princess game (my only Zelda game), the gameplay style is playing as regular Link and playing as wolf Link as well. So what is the gameplay style in MM, WW, and OoT?
    Quit. For real this time lol. Moved to Pokebeach as Tyaniking a long time ago. The only thing keeping me here was the games corner and the really fun RPGs, but those are out, so I started going to the TCG section, but that's pretty much dead. I'm trying to get into the video games, but most of my time is devoted to the TCG, so IDK how it's gonna go. If I get back into the games, I'll probably come back. Besides, most of the other TCG crew moved to Pokebeach as well. Any of my groups or games may be closed or they may be remade by anyone who wants to. I give full permission. I'm sorry I have to leave, but that's just life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidoprince
    I took Phantom Hourglass out, because I realized I'm getting that one for a handheld Zelda Game, seeing the new one doens't look that great. I can easily get OoT and MM off WiiWare, but does anyone know if they still have used copies of WW in used game stores? *Checks official Gamestop website* Well, they do. But, I have a question that could help me decide. Like in the Twilight Princess game (my only Zelda game), the gameplay style is playing as regular Link and playing as wolf Link as well. So what is the gameplay style in MM, WW, and OoT?
    It's about the same, but without Wii controls and no wolf form?

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast