Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic, Nintendo Console Edition

Quote Originally Posted by VioiV View Post
    Already got em mate. Btw I meant Gameboy Advance/Gameboy Color.
    Wow sorry. Guess I rushed when reading... As sceptile33 says, FE is pretty good.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Ok thanks!
    WANT TO START SHINY HUNTING ON THE GBA, ANYONE GOT ANYHELP FOR ME PLEASE?!

Current fanfics:

PMD: Explorers of Space----Prologue! (On Hold)

Coming soon:
    Henry's Adventure! A New Fanfic

Older FE titles are hard to find, and the internet really overcharges for them, though.

Quote Originally Posted by fhqwhgads View Post
    Older FE titles are hard to find, and the internet really overcharges for them, though.
    I sometimes get lucky and find old gems at my local Gamestop. You never know XD.
    Pokégyms

I'm thinking of upping my 3DS collection and I have come down to these four games:
    New Super Mario Bros. 2
    Super Mario 3D Land
    Nintendogs+cats: Boston Terrier & Friends
    Mario Tennis Open

I'm thinking of not getting New Super Mario Bros. 2 since there's already a new one out for the Wii U which I am more interested in and Super Mario 3D Land because I want a game that has good StreetPass features and I haven't really heard much about this game's StreetPass. Mario Tennis Open interested me because I like the Tennis series, but I heard it got bad reviews. Believe it or not, I'm actually thinking of getting Nintendogs+cats because I really enjoyed playing the old games. I have no problem playing it in public and I want to have a more casual game in my library since all I've had are action and RPG games.
    "There are bad ways to win - and good ways to lose. What's interesting is that it's not always clear which is which. A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..." - Grimsley

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    I'm thinking of upping my 3DS collection and I have come down to these four games:
    New Super Mario Bros. 2
    Super Mario 3D Land
    Nintendogs+cats: Boston Terrier & Friends
    Mario Tennis Open

I'm thinking of not getting New Super Mario Bros. 2 since there's already a new one out for the Wii U which I am more interested in and Super Mario 3D Land because I want a game that has good StreetPass features and I haven't really heard much about this game's StreetPass. Mario Tennis Open interested me because I like the Tennis series, but I heard it got bad reviews. Believe it or not, I'm actually thinking of getting Nintendogs+cats because I really enjoyed playing the old games. I have no problem playing it in public and I want to have a more casual game in my library since all I've had are action and RPG games.
    Super Mario 3D Land is the perfect handheld Mario. It's a balanced mix of 3D Mario games and 2D while still having originality. It gets tough and you have soooo much to do. I love it. Definitely better than the NSMB series, and I feel it is a must buy for any Mario fan

*Edit*
    Although I do have to admit, there were a few things they took from SMG2. Like the flipping red and blue platforms, tiles disappear in a pattern, the star medals/comet medals(different purposes though), and the shadow clones. They do twist them so they're not exactly the same though
    Last edited by TheFonz; 3rd March 2013 at 7:04 AM.

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

i finally got a girlfriend, and i've never been happier... because she has a wii. finally time for the kirby anniversary and new smb.
    white 1: under construction

white 2 FC: 4513 9737 5496

My birthday is in 8 days and I don't know what game I should get. I have a Wii and a DSi. Any Suggestions?
    Black 2 Friend Code: 4900-4933-8066

I can trade:

Lickie by PopPrincess_Lyra

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDeoxys View Post
    My birthday is in 8 days and I don't know what game I should get. I have a Wii and a DSi. Any Suggestions?
    Well, what do you already have, and what are your preferences? It helps to have a point of reference. But, if you're just looking for any and every suggestion...

I'd strongly recommend Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii, although the game can be difficult to get a hold of, and it can get a little pricey. But it's one of my favorite Wii games, and it is CRAZY long. The Last Story is pretty good too, although much shorter and lacking the depth of Xenoblade. Of course, standard first party titles are good (Brawl, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, SMG & SMG2, Metroid Prime 3, Kirby Return to Dream Land, etc.), but most people already have those. As for more older titles, Okami, No More Heroes and No More Heroes 2 are definitely worth looking into if you haven't already. Such underrated gems...

The World Ends With You would top my DS/DSi list, but it's been out for a while so most people already have it. Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced 2 is a nice choice as well, especially if you liked Tactics/Tactics Advance. Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy IV are good if you've never played the older games, or just want to have their remakes/ports on the DS. I'm fond of Custom Robo Arena, but its appeal is not widespread. The DS Zelda games (Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks) are alright too, although they're not my favorite Zelda titles by any stretch. And of course, the Mario & Luigi games (Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story) have a certain charm to them.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDeoxys View Post
    Wii
    Mario Kart Wii
    The game is outdated, since a 3DS sequel has come out, but it's still played a lot online. I have the 3DS version and I still play this game a lot. If you're a fan of previous installments, you'll really enjoy this game.
    Wii Fit
    This game might be difficult to come by nowadays, but it's a really fun way to get into shape. It's not anything extreme, though, it's main purpose is to help you well, become fit.
    Animal Crossing: City Folk
    I suggest this game because it's a Nintendo Select, which means that it is only $20! A 3DS sequel is coming out this summer, but the games in Animal Crossing each have unique features of its own. It's a real-time game where you basically live in a village and you can do anything you want, there's no linear goal in this game.

Nintendo DS
    Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
    I've never really been fond of this game's sequel, but this one is my favorite entry in the series. However, if you want a game that uses the DS's touch-screen features, DO NOT GET THIS GAME, literally, you will not use your stylus at all in this game. The reason I like it though is how well Nintendo incorporated the Babies into the game and how the items worked in this game.
    The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
    While it's not the best in the series, the game is certainly a great DS game. There's a lot of gameplay and it improves a TON from its predecessor. This game has a dungeon with similar structure to the Temple of the Ocean King from the previous entry, but it's not as overwhelming. There's a ton of sidequests to do and I recommend this regardless whether you play Zelda games or not.
    "There are bad ways to win - and good ways to lose. What's interesting is that it's not always clear which is which. A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..." - Grimsley

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

I have a 3ds and I am a mega Mario fan, I was wondering what gamee I should get out of; Mario Kart 7, Mario Tennis and Mario and Super Mario bro's 2. I love all the Kart games and would love this game but if many people don't play online anymore I may stay away.
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Quote Originally Posted by golduck#1 View Post
    I have a 3ds and I am a mega Mario fan, I was wondering what gamee I should get out of; Mario Kart 7, Mario Tennis and Mario and Super Mario bro's 2. I love all the Kart games and would love this game but if many people don't play online anymore I may stay away.
    Super Mario 3D Land is the must-get Mario game for the 3DS. It puts New Super Mario Bros. 2 to shame. It's got great length, great level designs, and actually operates on 3-dimensional controls rather than being a side-scroller.

That's not to say New Super Mario Bros. 2 is bad by any means, but it's... not very innovative. If you've played any of the other New Super Mario Bros. Games, you'll find it's more of the same. Except it's a lot easier in the sense that you will always have more lives than you know what to do with; as a consequence of coins being everywhere in the game, you'll find yourself getting extra lives from getting 100 coins left and right.

Mario Kart 7 is a solid choice, and there's still plenty of people who play it online. Heck, there's a thread here in the forums to set up races with people who want to.

I've never been fond of Mario Tennis. That's just me.

So in order of most recommended to least recommended, I'd go with Super Mario 3D Land, then Mario Kart 7, then New Super Mario Bros. 2.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Super Mario 3D Land is the must-get Mario game for the 3DS. It puts New Super Mario Bros. 2 to shame. It's got great length, great level designs, and actually operates on 3-dimensional controls rather than being a side-scroller.

That's not to say New Super Mario Bros. 2 is bad by any means, but it's... not very innovative. If you've played any of the other New Super Mario Bros. Games, you'll find it's more of the same. Except it's a lot easier in the sense that you will always have more lives than you know what to do with; as a consequence of coins being everywhere in the game, you'll find yourself getting extra lives from getting 100 coins left and right.

Mario Kart 7 is a solid choice, and there's still plenty of people who play it online. Heck, there's a thread here in the forums to set up races with people who want to.

I've never been fond of Mario Tennis. That's just me.

So in order of most recommended to least recommended, I'd go with Super Mario 3D Land, then Mario Kart 7, then New Super Mario Bros. 2.
    Thanks man. Yeah nothing like a good old adventure with Mario. I'll definately get that first considering the game is in 3d and would look amazing and would be amazing to have on the ds.
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

So, after I had thought what game I should get, I'm stuck with these 2 games:

Animal Crossing: City Folk
    and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorer of Sky

Which game should I buy?

EDIT: Maybe I'll get a 3DS because of the new Flipnote Studio, if I have enough money.
    Last edited by SpeedDeoxys; 14th March 2013 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Flipnote Hatena is shutting down
    Black 2 Friend Code: 4900-4933-8066

I can trade:

Lickie by PopPrincess_Lyra

Default Which one?!?!?!

I can't decide between X, Y, or Gates to Infinity. (Yes, I am obsessed with pokemon.) Which do you think?
    The eeveelutions are slightly impressed. They will allow passage.

What says the two (three) have to be mutually exclusive? PMD is out in a week, X/Y not until October and they're entirely different games.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Sylveonderp View Post
    I can't decide between X, Y, or Gates to Infinity. (Yes, I am obsessed with pokemon.) Which do you think?
    They are coming out a while apart, as BCMV22 said, and they are different games altogether. If I were you I would get Gates to Infinity soon after it comes out this week, and then save up until October, when X and Y are released. (That's actually what I am doing.)
    Pokégyms

Is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate a good buy if I already have Tri for the Wii?

~

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAce View Post
    Is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate a good buy if I already have Tri for the Wii?
    I hear Ultimate add's a lot more content then what Tri has, not to mention Ultimate is an updated version(expansion) of Tri.
    There's only 7 weapon classes in Tri while Ultimate returns with all 12 weapon types (Dual Sword, Hunting Horn, Gun Lance, Light/Heavy Bowgun). Ultimate introduces more monster's then Tri, as well adding in more subspecies and rare monster's. There's a lot more armor and weapons to create. There's even over 200+ quests to do and that's not even counting the event quests. So no matter what you'll have plenty hours of game play. So yea I would say it's definitely a good buy even if you have Tri.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Getting a 3DS XL soon. Have no idea what game to get. Any good ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by C.y.a.n View Post
    Getting a 3DS XL soon. Have no idea what game to get. Any good ideas?
    There are tons of great games to buy, the limiting factor will be money. Fire Emblem Awakening and Kid Icarus Uprising are must-haves in my book, while things like Super Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity, and Mario Kart 7 are all solid choices as well. Tales of the Abyss and Ocarina of Time 3D are classics, and I've heard good things about Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, and Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance if you're into that franchise.

There are tons of great games to buy, the limiting factor will be money. Fire Emblem Awakening and Kid Icarus Uprising are must-haves in my book, while things like Super Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity, and Mario Kart 7 are all solid choices as well. Tales of the Abyss and Ocarina of Time 3D are classics, and I've heard good things about Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, and Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance if you're into that franchise.
    I have got 3D land and Ocarina already and found 3D land extremely easy and not much hours play. So game with a good lot of hours play would be nice. I really have been put of by Mario games lately which appear to me to be getting smaller and smaller, and have very little new content. A game that would look well with the big screen would be great

Quote Originally Posted by C.y.a.n View Post
    I have got 3D land and Ocarina already and found 3D land extremely easy and not much hours play. So game with a good lot of hours play would be nice. I really have been put of by Mario games lately which appear to me to be getting smaller and smaller, and have very little new content. A game that would look well with the big screen would be great
    I have to reiterate FE:A and KI:U then. Both have tons of content and optional stuff beyond the main story, and kept me entertained for at least a hundred hours each. KI:U has a bit more visual appeal in terms of graphics and display, though. But personally I prefer FE:A overall, simply due to playstyle preferences.

Both are widely considered to be among the best 3DS games out at the moment.

I have to reiterate FE:A and KI:U then. Both have tons of content and optional stuff beyond the main story, and kept me entertained for at least a hundred hours each. KI:U has a bit more visual appeal in terms of graphics and display, though. But personally I prefer FE:A overall, simply due to playstyle preferences.

Both are widely considered to be among the best 3DS games out at the moment.
    I think I'll go with KI:U don't really like the stragedy gameplay in FE

Both are good choices! I can only talk about KI:U as FE is not yet out in Australia (only the demo)... but certainly from all I heard FE is the goods and given the general trend of FE games too it's not too surprising. Both are fine choices though, while the best choice is getting both. =p

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fan Art Reviews: toufu's Manga! Check out neat art of Golduck and Shinx, among others!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast