Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic, Nintendo Console Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Austratus View Post
    Oh, now that it's been mentioned-- I already have 10 Second Run, too! ... and Cave Story (the original eShop release before they updated it).

Err, here's a few things from my Wish List for you guys to score or strike:
    Publisher Dream
    Witch and Hero
    Dillon's Rolling Western (and its sequel)
    Mega Man II
    BIT.TRIP SAGA
    VectorRacing
    Colors3D
    Never even heard of Publisher Dream, VectorRacing or Witch and Hero!

All of the older MegaMan Games tend to be good!

Dillon's Rolling Western (The original) is said to be brilliant, but the sequel not so much...

Bit.Trip Saga is good, with 6/7 games being great, especially Runner!

Colours3D is probably the best 'Arty' thing on the eShop (I have New Art Academy)
    Thanks to Astral Shadow from The Under for the Bravely Default Banner!

hey everyone!

I was just wondering what 3ds game I should get next. There is so much choice and I want something different for a change

I already have Luigi mansion2, Pokemon X, PMD gate to infinty, Mario kart 7 and last Proffesor layton and the miracle mask ( not that much)

So i was thinking about getting one of the following

Fire emblem
    Animal crossing
    Phoenix wright ( cheaper)
    braverly default
    kingdom hearts: dream drop distance

But any tip would be welcome!
    3ds friend code: 2938-6229-3135

Friend safarI: pancham,hariyama and mankey

Will add anyone

As a big Square-Enix fan, I'd definitely go with KH3D (since Bravely Default isn't out for a few months yet).
    Claims | Bergmite, Knights of the Round (Final Fantasy series, summon)
    3DS Friend Code | 2148 8469 8580
    ΩRαS | Adventure awaits.
    X | Nixon (OT: 43198) / Friend Safari Ghost (Pumpkaboo, Shuppet, Dusclops)
    Wh | Ace (OT: 62283) ・ W2 | Lloyd (OT: 30233)SS | Karagu (OT: 55992)

KEEP CALM and BE A CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by Austratus View Post
    As a big Square-Enix fan, I'd definitely go with KH3D (since Bravely Default isn't out for a few months yet).
    It's out in 2 1/2 weeks actually!

So CapitalX, I'd say keep your money a bit longer and get Bravely Default instead, or get the brilliant Fire Emblem: Awakening!

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    It's out in 2 1/2 weeks actually!

So CapitalX, I'd say keep your money a bit longer and get Bravely Default instead, or get the brilliant Fire Emblem: Awakening!
    Yeah I've never played Fire emblem before, could you maybe tell me if its easy to get into the the story ? I think you know what you are talking about because of your banner
    3ds friend code: 2938-6229-3135

Friend safarI: pancham,hariyama and mankey

Will add anyone

Well, I'd like to give my two cents on some games I think would be incredibly awesome for RPG fans, such as myself.

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance - Incredibly fun action RPG for the 3DS. Also kinda good if you want to get into the series, since it does give you a summary of all other games. Still, I'd recommend playing at least KH I and II first.

Shin Megami Tensei IV - Brilliant RPG, but a hard one. If you get frustrated easily, this may not be for you. But if you enjoy a little challenge, then play this awesome game!

Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers - A great game. Not quite up there with SMT IV, but is still a great amount of fun!

Those are about the great RPGs I have on 3DS. If you're on doubt, I'd greatly recommend buying them.

Also, as you all may clearly see, I'm a huge fan of Rune Factory, but I'm in a bit of a difficult financial situation now, so I wonder...
    Should I buy Rune Factory 4 now with the limited amount of money I have and wait on getting the other game I really want, Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies, or should I do the opposite? I really want both, but my wallet begs to differ on that!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

I've seen the trailer to both Sonic Lost World and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team.
    And now Im not sure which one to get.
    Could someone help me out?
    Last edited by Nulava; 16th December 2013 at 2:24 AM.

Thought I'd check in and give you my decision from earlier: I broke down and got the fourpack of minigames for Mii Plaza instead of anything I'd listed, considering I end up getting quite a few streetpass entries when I take my system to work.

I'll get an actual game the next time I fill my account, though. XD
    Claims | Bergmite, Knights of the Round (Final Fantasy series, summon)
    3DS Friend Code | 2148 8469 8580
    ΩRαS | Adventure awaits.
    X | Nixon (OT: 43198) / Friend Safari Ghost (Pumpkaboo, Shuppet, Dusclops)
    Wh | Ace (OT: 62283) ・ W2 | Lloyd (OT: 30233)SS | Karagu (OT: 55992)

KEEP CALM and BE A CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalX View Post
    Yeah I've never played Fire emblem before, could you maybe tell me if its easy to get into the the story ? I think you know what you are talking about because of your banner
    It is pretty easy! You don't really need to know every single background detail, just maybe who Marth was and that's about it! (Marth was a Prince/King and sorta a Legend)

I probably won't get any 3DS games for a while after this, so which of the following is a better choice in YOUR opinion: M+L Dream Team or NSMB2?
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Quote Originally Posted by Skydra View Post
    I probably won't get any 3DS games for a while after this, so which of the following is a better choice in YOUR opinion: M+L Dream Team or NSMB2?
    I'd personally say Dream Team for sure, especially if you've played other games in the Mario & Luigi series. NSMB2 is by no means bad, but it's... predictable and not very novel. If you've played any other NSMB game, you'll probably find NSMB2 pretty much the same. Minus the fact that due to there being umpteen billion coins you'll have more extra lives than you ever know what to do with.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    I'd personally say Dream Team for sure, especially if you've played other games in the Mario & Luigi series. NSMB2 is by no means bad, but it's... predictable and not very novel. If you've played any other NSMB game, you'll probably find NSMB2 pretty much the same. Minus the fact that due to there being umpteen billion coins you'll have more extra lives than you ever know what to do with.
    Yes, I liked the last Mario and Luigi game, and I like Superstar Saga so far, so I'll probably get Dream Team, thanks.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Quote Originally Posted by Skydra View Post
    Get Dream Team, NSMB 2 is absolute crap- it is just a filler Mario and used to farm money on a sh*t game... Yeah

"A Link to the Past" or "Ocarina of Time"
    I've played a bit of Phantom Hourglass and Twiltight Princess.
    I've played all the way through Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword.

I love the Legend of Zelda games. Without spoilers (anything major), which would you all say is better. I don't know much about them because I don't want to spoil them for me. At some point I will probably end up with both, so which should I get first?

Thank you!

Ocarina of Time is probably more similar to the Zeldas you've already played in that it's a 3D world as opposed to a 2D one; it's technically also considered first chronologically by the official Zelda timeline, though that means almost nothing in terms of plot.

If you're just going to end up playing both, I don't know what standards you'd use to decide which one to play first; it really doesn't matter. Use a coin or some other PRNG if you want an arbitrary decision.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Ocarina of Time isn't the first game chronologically, there are three other games that come before it. Which you play first doesn't really matter though; both are similar in that they introduce many of the series' staples, so there's nothing in that department that really makes one stand out. ALttP does take place a little after Ocarina though, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Ocarina of Time is probably more similar to the Zeldas you've already played in that it's a 3D world as opposed to a 2D one; it's technically also considered first chronologically by the official Zelda timeline, though that means almost nothing in terms of plot.

If you're just going to end up playing both, I don't know what standards you'd use to decide which one to play first; it really doesn't matter. Use a coin or some other PRNG if you want an arbitrary decision.
    Uhhh... Skyward Sword is the origin. OoT isn't even in the first 3 in the timeline. To buy Hyrule Historia if you want the official chronological timelines of the games. SS is first, then Minish Cap, then Four Swords, THEN OoT.

Anyways, I still feel really salty about Bit.Trips. People on GAF were saying how good the games were, and since it was on sale on the eShop, they said it was definitely a steal. I said okay, went and bought it with the last $6 from the FEXSMT $30 promotion, and downloaded it. I played it, saw several games, tried the first game... WTF is this?? Second game, third game... Then the last. None of the games interested me, nor did I has fun with them... It's all my fault for not researching the game. $6 down the drain, when I could have saved it for the Resident Evil Revelation sale which happened not too long after that

Enough about that waste. I just preordered the Bravely Default Collectors Edition last night. I was pretty surprised there were still CEs around. I thought for sure it was only gonna be a limited run, just like I was really bummed out when I tried to preorder the Persona 4 Golden CE a month before release, but Gamestop ran out. I can't wait for it. The CD case looks really, and we actually get a hard case, unlike SMTIV's sleeve thing. I'm gonna keep that CD unwrapped. It looks too good, and I'd want it as a Collector's item. I can just listen to the soundtrack in game or on Youtube. Also, 34 AR cards!! I bought the giant Mii AR card from Club Nintendo (I have it somewhere lying around the house), but I haven't used it yet because the feature has been really useless for me so far. The AR exclusive Dream Eaters for KHDDD were great partners, but I could have finished the game without them. Still, I'm also gonna keep it unopened, and just scan the cards from the Internet, like I did with DDD.

Anyways, to the people who have the game, how is it? I heard it's a sequel to the DS FF games. The Crystal Chronicles or something like that? I'm familiar with FF, but not the CC spin-offs. I've played the demo, but only for like 20 minutes before getting owned by those frog things on the southwestern part of the map. Any user reviews?
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

LIVE IN YUR WRLD. PLY IN URS.

Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    Uhhh... Skyward Sword is the origin. OoT isn't even in the first 3 in the timeline. To buy Hyrule Historia if you want the official chronological timelines of the games. SS is first, then Minish Cap, then Four Swords, THEN OoT.
    no, I meant first as in first out of OoT and ALttP

which, again, is largely irrelevant

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Hmm, that's interesting. I never could figure out any sort of timeline. I kind of figured they were in parallel universes or something.
    I would never have guessed Skyward Sword was first. Is is supposed to take place before the world was created, so there were no people there? I was thinking it took place after the world destroyed itself or something.

Anyways, thank you for your help. Still working on pokemon y so I'll think more about it after that!
    ~~What I what/can trade is listed here! (My Trade Shop)~~

Looking For:
    Shiny Legendaries ()
    Event Pokemon
    Celebrate /

Shiny Lotad/evolution with ID: 11142 and OT: Jasmine (I can give something good)

Offering:
    Events, Legendaries
    5-6IVs: Ask for list
    Shiny: Check my Shop for list
    6IV , 6IV , 5IV , 6IV SHINY
    Shiny Legends: , Terrakion, and possibly more
    Various Legendaries

Other things as well

PM me!
    Need I say I only want legit pokemon?

Anyways, I still feel really salty about Bit.Trips. People on GAF were saying how good the games were, and since it was on sale on the eShop, they said it was definitely a steal. I said okay, went and bought it with the last $6 from the FEXSMT $30 promotion, and downloaded it. I played it, saw several games, tried the first game... WTF is this?? Second game, third game... Then the last. None of the games interested me, nor did I has fun with them... It's all my fault for not researching the game. $6 down the drain, when I could have saved it for the Resident Evil Revelation sale which happened not too long after that

Enough about that waste. I just preordered the Bravely Default Collectors Edition last night. I was pretty surprised there were still CEs around. I thought for sure it was only gonna be a limited run, just like I was really bummed out when I tried to preorder the Persona 4 Golden CE a month before release, but Gamestop ran out. I can't wait for it. The CD case looks really, and we actually get a hard case, unlike SMTIV's sleeve thing. I'm gonna keep that CD unwrapped. It looks too good, and I'd want it as a Collector's item. I can just listen to the soundtrack in game or on Youtube. Also, 34 AR cards!! I bought the giant Mii AR card from Club Nintendo (I have it somewhere lying around the house), but I haven't used it yet because the feature has been really useless for me so far. The AR exclusive Dream Eaters for KHDDD were great partners, but I could have finished the game without them. Still, I'm also gonna keep it unopened, and just scan the cards from the Internet, like I did with DDD.

Anyways, to the people who have the game, how is it? I heard it's a sequel to the DS FF games. The Crystal Chronicles or something like that? I'm familiar with FF, but not the CC spin-offs. I've played the demo, but only for like 20 minutes before getting owned by those frog things on the southwestern part of the map. Any user reviews?

Well, firstly, it is a spin-off of the DS title, Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light (Which I also own). It is partly a spin-off, but most enemies and all the main characters are the same from T4HoL.

I really like the game. It is difficult, so it lasts a long time, but no so difficult so that you play it once and then never again. The bosses are smart and know who can take them, so they'll focus on killing them ASAP. The music, again, is very nice and well orchestrated. The story itself is quite obscure, but so is the game, so it fits in nicely.

Overall, a very good game, and anyone who likes JRPG's should get it!

I'm not sure how it fits in with other games as its my first good old-fashioned JRPG as FE:Awakening is more Turn-based strategy and while Pokemon is Japanese, it doesn't quite fit my definition of 'JRPG'.
    The difficulty is really good. Normal maintains a good difficulty level throughout the game as long as you do all the sidequests and fight through every random encounter. The only thing that changes difficulty-wise as you progress is that the game gets more complicated as you get more command abilities and support abilities and jobs etc.
    Speaking of which, the battle system is vast and complex like any RPG, but the only part that feels overbearingly complicated are the fully customisable special attacks. The game also goes out of its way to provide little incentives to learn the more non-standard stuff yourself.

As for the story: the premise certainly isn't obscure. The world is swallowed by darkness and a few teenagers must go awaken 4 crystals around the world. Even to me, this sounded cliché at first but the dynamic between the 4 heroes, and the constant stream of memorable bosses make it deeply engaging. The voice acting is also very good imo. Apart from Airy who is basically Navi with a body.

Overall, I can't recommend this game enough, for providing the traditional RPG experience via the premise that looming over the story while keeping it fresh with a good battle system, story and a difficulty that always keeps me on my toes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Well, I'm pretty stuck between a couple games for my 3DS right now:

KH Dream Drop Distance and Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Just trying to see which title I'd probably see the most re-play value from a reasonable amount of time after finishing the initial 'goal' of the game.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    Well, I'm pretty stuck between a couple games for my 3DS right now:

KH Dream Drop Distance and Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Just trying to see which title I'd probably see the most re-play value from a reasonable amount of time after finishing the initial 'goal' of the game.
    Both are great games. If you want replay value, KIU has multiplayer. Both games don't really have much to offer post game.

In KH3D, you can try to collect all Dream Eaters, try to get all Keyblades, finish all side missions, and beat the secret boss.

In KIU, you can replay all chapters on harder difficulties, get new weapons and combine them, finish certain criterias to unlock pieces of a picture frame, and multiplayer.

If KH3D is your first KH game, you'll get confused on the story. Controls are perfectly fine.

If you're getting KIU, get the circle pad pro! The game plays like utter shyte in the normal control scheme. It's not unplayable, but it's a major reason why I have yet to finish it despite getting it when it came out.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

LIVE IN YUR WRLD. PLY IN URS.

Both are great games. If you want replay value, KIU has multiplayer. Both games don't really have much to offer post game.

In KH3D, you can try to collect all Dream Eaters, try to get all Keyblades, finish all side missions, and beat the secret boss.

In KIU, you can replay all chapters on harder difficulties, get new weapons and combine them, finish certain criterias to unlock pieces of a picture frame, and multiplayer.

If KH3D is your first KH game, you'll get confused on the story. Controls are perfectly fine.

If you're getting KIU, get the circle pad pro! The game plays like utter shyte in the normal control scheme. It's not unplayable, but it's a major reason why I have yet to finish it despite getting it when it came out.
    Thank you very much for the insight!
    I don't mind doing a lot of post-game collecting either; it's kind of what I ended up liking about The World Ends With You. ;D

I've heard that people tend to have issues with the Stylus-control going on. I' think I'll look up a couple videos on Youtube so I'll have an idea of what to expect.
    Appreciate the input, thanks!
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

tactical rpgs (ogre tactics, fire emblem, final fantasy tactics advance, etc). don't care what gen system it's from. go.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast