Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic, Nintendo Console Edition

Should I download Shin Megami Tensei IV on the European E-shop if I am new to the series or will it be too hard for me?
    3DS Friend Code: 2895 6298 8523. PM me if you add me ^^
    I am a grass type with Ivysaur, Pansage and Gogoat
    Looking for Friend Safaris with : Vullaby, Inkay, Swirlix, Emolga, Galvantula, Tranquill, tropius, Maractus, Nincada, Ariados, Muk, Foretress, Bronzong, Excadrill, Krabby, Azumarill
    PM me if you have one of those

Restarted X: Currently going to Café Lysandre
    For those who added me before try to connect more often, I'll also try in order to get you back on my PSS

Little brother Friend code: 4270-2625-9622
    Grass safari: Oddish-Petilil-??? (He has 5 badges currently)
    please help him fill his friend safari

Quote Originally Posted by Ze DreamGirl View Post
    Should I download Shin Megami Tensei IV on the European E-shop if I am new to the series or will it be too hard for me?
    It's probably one of the easier SMTs, and if you've played other JRPGs before, it shouldn't be too bad.

So, the Harvest Moon franchise is splitting... the 'Story of Seasons' version has just been released, and the newest version to be called Harvest Moon is upcoming. Seasons will focus on connectivity and Harvest Moon will return to basics... Really, which would be better?

I'm kind of thinking at the moment that I just keep playing New Beginnings until they figure out players want the whole package.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

Blog News: The ParaDex has been updated!

LLAP

I'm thinking about getting Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars,Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth,and Etrian Odyssey IV,every article of "top __ games for 3DS" has spoken highly of Conception and Etrian Odyssey,and i haven't read anything bad about the Persona series.Are any of them worth getting?
    do the shuckle sweep
    white 2 champion/ white champion/second white 2 game champion/3rd white 2 champion/4th planned white 2 champion
    / /
    //

credit to froststorm

I have a 3ds and i don't have many games for it. I want to change that and get some other games,but i have no idea where to start. Could someone point me in the direction of some good games for the 3ds?

Quote Originally Posted by machinethatgoesding View Post
    I have a 3ds and i don't have many games for it. I want to change that and get some other games,but i have no idea where to start. Could someone point me in the direction of some good games for the 3ds?
    Well, it really depends on what types of games you're looking for. Assuming you already have XY or Oras, I'll just list off some of my favorites.

-Fire Emblem: Awakening
    -The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
    -Kid Icarus: Uprising
    -Super Smash Brothers

These games are all very different games and different genres. I'd recommend looking into each of them before you decide.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 8 Battles
    Anyone who says all pokemon are created equal cearly hasn't had much experience with Unown.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac
    -Fire Emblem: Awakening
    -The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
    -Kid Icarus: Uprising
    -Super Smash Brothers
    This is a great list to start with. I would personally recommend getting either Fire Emblem or A Link Between Worlds first, but you can't go wrong with any of these.

I would also add Animal Crossing: New Leaf to the list if you're looking looking for something a little more laid back and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D if you've never had a chance to play that masterpiece.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

i was actually gonna skip Mario Party 10 for the first time in 15 years since the very first 1 but after seeing the trailer i may consider getting it now. Plus we got Rosalina (they are really using her alot this time around) and we got a playable DK back!!?? After 13 years??!! that's major!

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

What about kingdom hearts? It looks like a game that could be fun.

What about kingdom hearts? It looks like a game that could be fun.
    If you are asking about the game on the 3DS (Dream Drop Distance), I would only recommend it if you have played other games in the series. I enjoyed the game a lot, but the story is ridiculous even for someone who does know what's going on. Regardless, I think the options above would be a better place to start, but if you really like Kingdom Hearts, you'll probably enjoy Dream Drop Distance.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

Is Fantasy Life any good? Reviews please.
    Well I finally bought Alpha Sapphire and I chose Treecko.

I don't battle competitively. Please respect that. I play for the thrill of the adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    Is Fantasy Life any good? Reviews please.
    Yes, it's a solid game and I would highly recommend it. It's very easy to pick up and very accessible. Despite having to pick a job (Life) at the start of the game, you can change your job at any time, although during story chapters you can only switch to a job you've started already. The good news is that when you start an additional job after your initial one, you can opt to skip the Tutorial mission as well. You have to allocate stat points upon leveling up, but fortunately, you have the option to reset your stats (for an accessible price at the time of getting to it) and thus you can re-allocate your stats as needed to accommodate different jobs. You're literally able to do every single job if you want, although most jobs share stats with another job or two, so even if you don't wanna try 'em all, you can still go pretty far. In addition, the DLC is really good as well, since it introduced a new sub-story, new areas to explore, a gauntlet-like challenge area, new allies, and allows you to get to higher ranks, such as the God (Creator in the English version) rank, which enables special challenges as well for those who want a challenge, since the game generally leans on the easy side.

That said, not all jobs are created equal. Jobs tend to fit one of three archetypes; Combat, Gathering, and Creating. And creating lives absolutely suck. They're more expensive, and more tedious as well since the leveling is slower. Taking a creating job early on can really stifle you, so it's generally better to start with Combat or Gathering. That said, to do the God/Creator rank special challenges, having things like Blacksmithing/Carpentry maxed is almost entirely mandatory since the enemies will crap on you without the absolute best gear. In addition, the story is not entirely serious, and is a little bit cliched. Don't expect many plot twists or a super compelling story.

That said, the positive points outweight the negative, and there is a LOT to do, so the game is generally a good pick and tends to cause people to invest a lot of time in it.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod, one of the writers for the PotW, and (apparently) best regular mod of 2014. Also now available in orange!

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Is Tomodachi Life a "daily commitment" game like Animal Crossing, or is it a "whenever" game?

Also, would anybody recommend it to an older age casual (i.e. my mom)?

3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    Is Tomodachi Life a "daily commitment" game like Animal Crossing, or is it a "whenever" game?

Also, would anybody recommend it to an older age casual (i.e. my mom)?
    Tomodachi is a WTF whenever-everyday type thing. Kinda have to feed your Mii's, but they won't move out.
    Maybe. It's a different game.

I am struggling. I'm going away, and I don't know what to buy! Kirby's Rainbow Curse or AS?

|Flight RisingREG: May 18~Quotev|

Given how completely different they are, what do you want more? A unique, visually-resplendent console Kirby game or a core Pokémon title?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I don't know 0-0.

I have one Kirby game...
    I think I'll go for Kirby.

|Flight RisingREG: May 18~Quotev|

Quote Originally Posted by Phsy-Spark View Post
    I don't know 0-0.

I have one Kirby game...
    I think I'll go for Kirby.
    Which Kirby game do you have? If it's not Triple Deluxe, I'd recommend that over Rainbow Curse any day. In any case, since you said you were going away, I'd think a handheld game like AS would be a better option that a console game like Rainbow Curse.
    Omega Ruby Team:

3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97 | PSN ID: Ultra_Zach97
    Claims: Blastoise, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Joel from The Last of Us, Law & Order: SVU, The Dark Knight Rises & Multi-Man Smash theme

Would anyone here recommend Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate? I never played the series before, and it looks interesting, but IDK.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
        Spoiler:- VO stuff:

Spoiler:- ASB stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Ironthunder1604 View Post
    Would anyone here recommend Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate? I never played the series before, and it looks interesting, but IDK.
    Have you played the demo? That would be the best way to see if this is a game for you.
    Omega Ruby Team:

3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97 | PSN ID: Ultra_Zach97
    Claims: Blastoise, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Joel from The Last of Us, Law & Order: SVU, The Dark Knight Rises & Multi-Man Smash theme

Sky Soldier Rodea looks interesting and I'm considering pre-ordering the limited edition one which comes with the Wii and Wii U version (which have different mechanisms) but it's a lot of money which I don't have... How long would it take to run out of stock before I make up my mind/gather enough money for it?
    3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    OR IGN: Terra

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526