Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast
Results 651 to 675 of 699

Thread: Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic, Nintendo Console Edition

  1. #651
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Prison Island
    Posts
    642

    Default

    I just finished The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii) and it's left a hole for me to fill. I'd like a game with a good story but there don't seem to be many of those at the moment. Are there any suggestions excluding LoZ and FE?

  2. #652
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Out of sight, out of mind
    Posts
    10,881

    Default

    play Xenoblade Chronicles

  3. #653
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Skies of Arcadia Gamecube version...Yay or Nay? Reviews are helpful. Thanks.
    Turtwig/Sinnoh fan forever!

  4. #654
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    Skies of Arcadia Gamecube version...Yay or Nay? Reviews are helpful. Thanks.
    Late reply but I'd say yes if you can get it for a good price. The battle system is slow (but very engaging) and the dialogue can get kinda cheesy but the game is pretty solid beyond that. Ship battles are also a well implemented idea that don't overwhelm the game despite how long they can get. From what I understand it added more content not present in the original Dreamcast version as well so there's plenty to do. Music is also solid, though it's not without some obnoxiously difficult extra fights.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Bagon // Platinum Nuzlocke




  5. #655
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    5,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    Late reply but I'd say yes if you can get it for a good price. The battle system is slow (but very engaging) and the dialogue can get kinda cheesy but the game is pretty solid beyond that. Ship battles are also a well implemented idea that don't overwhelm the game despite how long they can get. From what I understand it added more content not present in the original Dreamcast version as well so there's plenty to do. Music is also solid, though it's not without some obnoxiously difficult extra fights.
    I know little of Skies of Arcadia, but if you can find it for less than $70, you found the philosopher's stone of deals.

    Made by me

  6. #656
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pokemon World
    Posts
    564

    Default

    I loved skies of Arcadia, highly recommend

    Question: my 4 year old daughter loves Pokemon, she has her own 3DS & we have a Wii U. What games would you recommend for this age group which is a good quality game? Or should we just stick to Pokemon games & spin offs
    Last edited by Shiny Rokon; 11th August 2015 at 12:01 PM.
    Friend code: 2148 9029 9595

  7. #657
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    5,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Rokon View Post
    Question: my 4 year old daughter loves Pokemon, she has her own 3DS & we have a Wii U. What games would you recommend for this age group which is a good quality game? Or should we just stick to Pokemon games & spin offs
    Maybe a puzzle game like Pokemon Battle Torozei? The one thing about that is that if you give a kid a puzzle game, you might want to tell them how to play it. I still remember my days with my Game Boy and I couldn't Tetris.

    Fun fact, I learned the concept of Tetris in a preschool disability center (or something like that).

    Edit: For general games, maybe you can get Style Savvy Trendsetters. I'm not saying this merely because of a 4 year old girl, but I heard it was great in its scope and my niece's like it (one who is 5).

    Made by me

  8. #658
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pokemon World
    Posts
    564

    Default

    K
    Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    Maybe a puzzle game like Pokemon Battle Torozei? The one thing about that is that if you give a kid a puzzle game, you might want to tell them how to play it. I still remember my days with my Game Boy and I couldn't Tetris.

    Fun fact, I learned the concept of Tetris in a preschool disability center (or something like that).

    Edit: For general games, maybe you can get Style Savvy Trendsetters. I'm not saying this merely because of a 4 year old girl, but I heard it was great in its scope and my niece's like it (one who is 5).
    Thank you so much. It's hard to get quality games for younger kids, it's all like commercial/merchandise games based on the latest cartoon movie. Are there any good educational games again for preschool age? I guess it's most apps now for kids & adults too these days...
    Friend code: 2148 9029 9595

  9. #659
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Just got Hyrule Warriors for dirt cheap, but I was considering exchanging it for Splatoon. Any thoughts? I read the Reddit articles, and it wiuld seem that Splatoon is all about that multiplayer online experience, which I don't have access to right now. And apparently Hyrule Warriors is beyond loaded, but is really repetative with quite a bit of grinding.

  10. #660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victreebong View Post
    Just got Hyrule Warriors for dirt cheap, but I was considering exchanging it for Splatoon. Any thoughts? I read the Reddit articles, and it wiuld seem that Splatoon is all about that multiplayer online experience, which I don't have access to right now. And apparently Hyrule Warriors is beyond loaded, but is really repetative with quite a bit of grinding.
    Try Hyrule Warriors first.

    Get Splatoon later without giving Warriors away, unless you plan to get the graphically-weaker 3DS version when it releases.


    ~ Well, to be fair, they offered ham to me. ~

    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

    Special: "Baby, Baby, Baby."

  11. #661
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    1,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victreebong View Post
    Just got Hyrule Warriors for dirt cheap, but I was considering exchanging it for Splatoon. Any thoughts? I read the Reddit articles, and it wiuld seem that Splatoon is all about that multiplayer online experience, which I don't have access to right now. And apparently Hyrule Warriors is beyond loaded, but is really repetative with quite a bit of grinding.
    I don't own Splatoon myself, but yeah, I do know it is all about online. It does have a single player campaign, but I hear it's really short anyway.

    I had pretty low expectations for Hyrule Warrior's gameplay, but I was pleasantly surprised. It does have an unfortunate amount of grinding involved in the adventure maps, but you can at least get through story mode without ever having to grind.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 8 Battles
    Play my Mario Maker level! It's a fast-paced and challenging, but it's also short and has generous check points. Just try not to get stomped!
    (6078-0000-00FA-2D90)

  12. #662

    Default

    Moved this discussion to the "What game should I get" thread since it makes more sense there.

    To echo what was said, if you're not really able to do online, you shouldn't bother with Splatoon. The single player will be done within a few hours (single digits), and even if you do the amiibo challenges, you'll probably only get another hour per amiibo. Overall, Splatoon without utilizing the online multiplayer has very little content and equally little replay value. Hyrule Warriors is definitely the way to go for single player action, and yes, it does get a bit repetitive at times, but it still managed to be fun for a substantial amount of time for me despite needing a little bit of grinding (not an excessive amount IMO), and even for adventure mode, some of the skill involved in A-ranking the challenges kept me interested.
    One of the writers for the PotW, and apparently the keeper of sanity and order.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  13. #663
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Sorry KD,

    I didn't see this thread in the list, I must have overlooked it. Thanks for your input(s).!

  14. #664
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Boston-ish
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Is the Splatoon experience better than what we got with the Global Testfire? Between the boring levels, annoying music, and imbalanced weapons (one-hit kill rollers) I found no joy in the demo. Should I check out the full version?

  15. #665
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor_Ook View Post
    Is the Splatoon experience better than what we got with the Global Testfire? Between the boring levels, annoying music, and imbalanced weapons (one-hit kill rollers) I found no joy in the demo. Should I check out the full version?
    What? Rollers aren't really overpowered.

    There is more variety in weapon choice (as well as different sub weapons, different fire rate etc), equipment, different game modes (Turf War, Ranked, Squad, Private Rooms) and more maps. An entirely different experience to the demo which just features one game mode.
    *Ahem*

  16. #666
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Prison Island
    Posts
    642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    play Xenoblade Chronicles
    Been trying to find this online, found a copy on ebay for Ł42, wondering if this is worth it or if I should just buy Xenoblade Chronicles X (Ł50) since I have a Wii U?

    Also the above is seconded, Rollers are in no way overpowered.

  17. #667

    Default

    Since Europe got Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii U VC, I'm planning to wait for NoA to eventually release that much, much cheaper version.


    ~ Well, to be fair, they offered ham to me. ~

    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

    Special: "Baby, Baby, Baby."

  18. #668
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Out of sight, out of mind
    Posts
    10,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spacial View Post
    Been trying to find this online, found a copy on ebay for Ł42, wondering if this is worth it or if I should just buy Xenoblade Chronicles X (Ł50) since I have a Wii U?
    XCX isn't out yet internationally, and it's not the same game (it's more Western-styled than the original).

    The original is on Wii U VC in Europe, so you can save yourself some money by picking it up digitally.

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Since Europe got Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii U VC, I'm planning to wait for NoA to eventually release that much, much cheaper version.
    Oh, dear.

  19. #669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Oh, dear.
    It's...not cheaper at all? Oh god.


    ~ Well, to be fair, they offered ham to me. ~

    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

    Special: "Baby, Baby, Baby."

  20. #670
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    none
    Posts
    274

    Default

    is it allowed to ask whether to buy DLC or a game? if yes, I'll go ahead...

    my brother wants to buy the virtual console version of mega man zero 1 on my wii u. however, I'm waiting for the new super smash bros 4 DLC characters. I guess they come soon because the fighter ballot ended. my brother said he's gonna buy mega man zero 1 if the new DLC characters aren't released within a week. I only have enough money for one of these. mega man zero 1 costs 7 euro while each DLC character costs 4 euro (assuming they aren't bundled with a stage because then they will cost 6 euro)

    what should I do?


    never mind he already did and no one helped me anyway
    Last edited by vanillite1; 25th October 2015 at 8:38 PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    You monster.
    5 more players needed for roll to dodge

  21. #671
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Is Bravely Default any good? I have never played the games in the series.
    If you need a trade-back for trade evolution Pokemon, PM me! I will help you out! FC is in my profile. I am usually online.
    Currently trying to complete National Dex on AS.

  22. #672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaredplayspokemon View Post
    Is Bravely Default any good? I have never played the games in the series.
    It's just one game, except in Japan where a sequel is available.

    It's almost just like Final Fantasy and overall a good RPG entry. Oh, and the music is godly.


    ~ Well, to be fair, they offered ham to me. ~

    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

    Special: "Baby, Baby, Baby."

  23. #673
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Jerusalem, Isreal
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Hi guys!
    So The Binding of Issac just came out for eu eshop, I'm considering buying it, but i'm having trouble deciding.
    Thoughts?
    My 3ds Friend Code:
    Name: Rotem
    FC: 4425-1847-2626

    I have Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Pokemon X, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Mario Kart 7, Super Smash Bros. For 3ds, Bravely Default, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Steel Diver: Sub Wars Premium for Multiplayer. Add me if you wish.

  24. #674
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Silvertown, Johto
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Hello.

    So, Zelda: TriForce Heroes is out for a week and so on by now, and I still haven't decided whether to get the game or not, in fact I'm really mixed about the whole matter. Could you perhaps help me decide? Do you recommend this game above all?

  25. #675

    Default

    Do you want a fringe Zelda game that you'll get far more out of if you have people to play it with alongside you but that you may find a little lacking if you're playing it solely alone? Then buy the game.

    If that's not enough to help you decide, there's plenty of footage and impressions out there to help you decide if it's right for you.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •