Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic, Nintendo Console Edition

I just finished The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii) and it's left a hole for me to fill. I'd like a game with a good story but there don't seem to be many of those at the moment. Are there any suggestions excluding LoZ and FE?

play Xenoblade Chronicles

Skies of Arcadia Gamecube version...Yay or Nay? Reviews are helpful. Thanks.
    I will restart Pokemon Alpha Sapphire soon. Power to the Treeckos.

I will also restart Pokémon Blue very soon.

Planned Blue Team:
    Venusaur
    Vaporeon
    Rapidash
    Raichu
    Sandslash
    Butterfree

Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    Skies of Arcadia Gamecube version...Yay or Nay? Reviews are helpful. Thanks.
    Late reply but I'd say yes if you can get it for a good price. The battle system is slow (but very engaging) and the dialogue can get kinda cheesy but the game is pretty solid beyond that. Ship battles are also a well implemented idea that don't overwhelm the game despite how long they can get. From what I understand it added more content not present in the original Dreamcast version as well so there's plenty to do. Music is also solid, though it's not without some obnoxiously difficult extra fights.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Bagon // Platinum Nuzlocke

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    Late reply but I'd say yes if you can get it for a good price. The battle system is slow (but very engaging) and the dialogue can get kinda cheesy but the game is pretty solid beyond that. Ship battles are also a well implemented idea that don't overwhelm the game despite how long they can get. From what I understand it added more content not present in the original Dreamcast version as well so there's plenty to do. Music is also solid, though it's not without some obnoxiously difficult extra fights.
    I know little of Skies of Arcadia, but if you can find it for less than $70, you found the philosopher's stone of deals.

3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

I loved skies of Arcadia, highly recommend

Question: my 4 year old daughter loves Pokemon, she has her own 3DS & we have a Wii U. What games would you recommend for this age group which is a good quality game? Or should we just stick to Pokemon games & spin offs
    Last edited by Shiny Rokon; 11th August 2015 at 12:01 PM.
    Friend code: 2148 9029 9595

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Rokon View Post
    Question: my 4 year old daughter loves Pokemon, she has her own 3DS & we have a Wii U. What games would you recommend for this age group which is a good quality game? Or should we just stick to Pokemon games & spin offs
    Maybe a puzzle game like Pokemon Battle Torozei? The one thing about that is that if you give a kid a puzzle game, you might want to tell them how to play it. I still remember my days with my Game Boy and I couldn't Tetris.

Fun fact, I learned the concept of Tetris in a preschool disability center (or something like that).

Edit: For general games, maybe you can get Style Savvy Trendsetters. I'm not saying this merely because of a 4 year old girl, but I heard it was great in its scope and my niece's like it (one who is 5).

3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

K
    Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    Maybe a puzzle game like Pokemon Battle Torozei? The one thing about that is that if you give a kid a puzzle game, you might want to tell them how to play it. I still remember my days with my Game Boy and I couldn't Tetris.

Fun fact, I learned the concept of Tetris in a preschool disability center (or something like that).

Edit: For general games, maybe you can get Style Savvy Trendsetters. I'm not saying this merely because of a 4 year old girl, but I heard it was great in its scope and my niece's like it (one who is 5).
    Thank you so much. It's hard to get quality games for younger kids, it's all like commercial/merchandise games based on the latest cartoon movie. Are there any good educational games again for preschool age? I guess it's most apps now for kids & adults too these days...
    Friend code: 2148 9029 9595

Just got Hyrule Warriors for dirt cheap, but I was considering exchanging it for Splatoon. Any thoughts? I read the Reddit articles, and it wiuld seem that Splatoon is all about that multiplayer online experience, which I don't have access to right now. And apparently Hyrule Warriors is beyond loaded, but is really repetative with quite a bit of grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Victreebong View Post
    Just got Hyrule Warriors for dirt cheap, but I was considering exchanging it for Splatoon. Any thoughts? I read the Reddit articles, and it wiuld seem that Splatoon is all about that multiplayer online experience, which I don't have access to right now. And apparently Hyrule Warriors is beyond loaded, but is really repetative with quite a bit of grinding.
    Try Hyrule Warriors first.

Get Splatoon later without giving Warriors away, unless you plan to get the graphically-weaker 3DS version when it releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Victreebong View Post
    I don't own Splatoon myself, but yeah, I do know it is all about online. It does have a single player campaign, but I hear it's really short anyway.

I had pretty low expectations for Hyrule Warrior's gameplay, but I was pleasantly surprised. It does have an unfortunate amount of grinding involved in the adventure maps, but you can at least get through story mode without ever having to grind.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 8 Battles
    Anyone who says all pokemon are created equal cearly hasn't had much experience with Unown.

Moved this discussion to the "What game should I get" thread since it makes more sense there.

To echo what was said, if you're not really able to do online, you shouldn't bother with Splatoon. The single player will be done within a few hours (single digits), and even if you do the amiibo challenges, you'll probably only get another hour per amiibo. Overall, Splatoon without utilizing the online multiplayer has very little content and equally little replay value. Hyrule Warriors is definitely the way to go for single player action, and yes, it does get a bit repetitive at times, but it still managed to be fun for a substantial amount of time for me despite needing a little bit of grinding (not an excessive amount IMO), and even for adventure mode, some of the skill involved in A-ranking the challenges kept me interested.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod, one of the writers for the PotW, and (apparently) best regular mod of 2014. Also now available in orange!

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Sorry KD,

I didn't see this thread in the list, I must have overlooked it. Thanks for your input(s).!

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627