Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Official "What Game(s) Should I Get?" Topic, Nintendo Console Edition

Yea, but what I mean is like don't you have masks to use in Majora's Mask? Stuff like that.
    Quit. For real this time lol. Moved to Pokebeach as Tyaniking a long time ago. The only thing keeping me here was the games corner and the really fun RPGs, but those are out, so I started going to the TCG section, but that's pretty much dead. I'm trying to get into the video games, but most of my time is devoted to the TCG, so IDK how it's gonna go. If I get back into the games, I'll probably come back. Besides, most of the other TCG crew moved to Pokebeach as well. Any of my groups or games may be closed or they may be remade by anyone who wants to. I give full permission. I'm sorry I have to leave, but that's just life.

Hello

I'm thinking about buying a new game for my Ds Lite since I only have one since I bought it, I saw a game called " My French Coach" I always liked french, but I'm not so sure about buying it , it is actually value the price or should I buy something else ?.
    Thank you.

Credit to FrozenConstellation for the beautiful banner
    and for the profile picture credit goes to Northern Lights.
    out of service Au revoir

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    I've been considering to get Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story later in 2009. I am not sure if I should get it though. Is it a really great game? I know it's only been out for a day though.
    Get it. It's an Awesome game. If you liked any of the other Mario and Luigi games or the Paper Mario Games, You''l love this for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidoprince View Post
    Yea, but what I mean is like don't you have masks to use in Majora's Mask? Stuff like that.
    Using masks in Majora's Mask is like using Items in every other game.
    eg. Bomb Mask blows shit up.
    But other Masks are used to fulfill Sidequests such as the Couple's Mask stopping the argument in Town hall.

Ocarina is very standard as far as Zelda games go. Twilight Princess has Link turning into a wolf at some points in the game to advance the plot while Wind Waker involves sailing to travel from place to place.
    Last edited by Luminous; 21st September 2009 at 2:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    Get it. It's an Awesome game. If you liked any of the other Mario and Luigi games or the Paper Mario Games, You''l love this for sure.
    There's a lot of games tha are good that I never got, I'm not sure about this one, if I want to spend the extra money...mabye, if I don't know what to spend my Best Buy gift certificate.

Using masks in Majora's Mask is like using Items in every other game.
    eg. Bomb Mask blows shit up.
    But other Masks are used to fulfill Sidequests such as the Couple's Mask stopping the argument in Town hall.
    Sounds cool...

Ocarina is very standard as far as Zelda games go.
    STOP! That's what I've wanted to try out since I got Twilight Princess. I just might get that one.

Twilight Princess has Link turning into a wolf at some points in the game to advance the plot while Wind Waker involves sailing to travel from place to place.
    I heard that the sailing in Wind Waker is annoying. Is it true?

I've made my final decission! Once I complete Twilight, I will get a Wii point pack of 2000 and get Ocarina and Majora's mask, then buy Wind Waker eventually, sometime after Ocarina.
    Quit. For real this time lol. Moved to Pokebeach as Tyaniking a long time ago. The only thing keeping me here was the games corner and the really fun RPGs, but those are out, so I started going to the TCG section, but that's pretty much dead. I'm trying to get into the video games, but most of my time is devoted to the TCG, so IDK how it's gonna go. If I get back into the games, I'll probably come back. Besides, most of the other TCG crew moved to Pokebeach as well. Any of my groups or games may be closed or they may be remade by anyone who wants to. I give full permission. I'm sorry I have to leave, but that's just life.

Personally Nidoprince i would play it like this:

OOT
    MM
    WW
    TP

But in a fanboy way it most likley will be like this:

WW
    MM
    OOT
    TP
    Skyward sword

I already have TP unfortunatly. That's exactly how I want to play it, your way. Mabye switch MM and WW, but yes, that's how I'll do it. I just have to complete TP, which will take a while. It's a really hard game for me. :/

EDIT: I am trying to get a good handheld game for trips and stuff when I realized that all my good games are on my Wii or PS3. So, here's one more question: If I could get one of these games, which would be best?

Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
    Any Legend of Zelda handheld

I'm really getting in to my current Twilight Princess game, but I'm never in the house so much to play it. I heard Bowser's inside story was good too. Please help!
    Last edited by Nidoprince; 22nd September 2009 at 4:36 AM.

Get Bowser's Inside Story.

That shall be extremly good.

But in a fanboy way it most likley will be like this:

WW
    MM
    OOT
    TP
    No. That is a Serebii Fanboi's way. A regular fanboy would probably have:

OoT
    TP
    MM
    WW.

I have a few questions. Which is the best out of these from order best to least?

Legend of Zelda: Orcania of Time
    Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
    Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

I imagine the folks here on Serebii would know, so I came here. Help would definatly be appreciated!
    Yeah I Highly recommended WW and MM, as both are pretty interesting and fun, MM abundance in side quests and it's dark n' sinister storyline makes it one of my personal favorites but the three day time limit MIGHT put you off, In WW the exploration is remarkable, but you might not like the sailing aspect. If you can find WW and finish it, I would recommend OoT, the story isn't as good as MM and the exploration isn't as good as it is in WW, it's still a great game to pick up and play.

Zelda game are (Almost) always going to be fine quality adventure games. The only Zelda games I thought were bad were Zelda II which was just bleh and those awful CD-i games.

So, I have a Wii that I've been playing PBR on, but I'm starting to get tired of Pokemon. I want another RPG. The thing is, I like a game where I can take on a support role. I like playing healers in RPGs or MMORPGs. Are there options for something like that on the Wii or am I left looking at other consoles or PC games?

^I haven't played any games like that, especially on Wii. I can give you a bunch of good RPGs on the Wii, just not any ones with like, healers and stuff. I would definatly look for PC and online games if I were you. I used to play Runescape at one point in time, and you could do a lot in that, but the reason I quit is that it gets boring after a while. Especially if you wanna be good, it's like another job you're not paid to do. But anyway, I heard World of Warcraft is good, but you need a lot of the right equipment to get the best of it (Gaming computer, graphic chip, special keyboard, special mouse, etc.). You could look online or in a gaming store for one, they have a bunch of popular ones.

EDIT: I just got Bowser's inside story, and let me tell you: it is a great game. It's better than I expected it even. The best thing is that it's a turn-based RPG, but it's even better than Pokemon's turn-based style. It's kind of "Actiony" turn-based. I can't explain it, you have to see it for yourself. And also, the surprise for me is that Bowser is the main character, Mario and Luigi are like the side characters, you don't play with them in most levels. And to be honest, the Bowser levels are better. So that's my review on the game so far. Hope this helps anyone who is thinking of buying this!
    Last edited by Nidoprince; 23rd September 2009 at 3:47 AM.

Yeah, I used to play WoW a few years ago. I'm just looking for things with less of time obligations. Maybe some class-based FPS games on consoles...do they exist?

Like Mass Effect? Not Nintendo, but you said consoles, and it's all that comes to mind.

Battalion Wars is on the Wii and it lets you play as different types of units, but no healer-type to my knowledge.

Hello

I'm thinking about buying a new game for my Ds Lite since I only have one since I bought it, I saw a game called " My French Coach" I always liked french, but I'm not so sure about buying it , it is actually value the price or should I buy something else ?.
    Thank you.
    I know the game...I actually have the game but i don't play it... I already know french (not well but still). But I also have 'my chinese coach' and that was a language I really wanted to learn too... And I really like it... I learned really quick and it was really fun... Now I don't have alot of time bvut I really want to continue learned chinese...
    So I really recommend that game!!! (for you my french coach if you want to learn french)

(i do'nt knwo the price...you'll have to search that up)

There are some truly epic games mentioned in this thread. But if anybody has some extra money floating around, see if you can find Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time on DS. It's my favourite Nintendo game of all time, and it's very addictive. I've clocked it 21 times...

But ANYWAY, I just think that FFCC doesn't get enough recognition, nobody seems to play the saga. Very sad.
    Current SoulSilver Team:

There are some truly epic games mentioned in this thread. But if anybody has some extra money floating around, see if you can find Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time on DS. It's my favourite Nintendo game of all time, and it's very addictive. I've clocked it 21 times...

But ANYWAY, I just think that FFCC doesn't get enough recognition, nobody seems to play the saga. Very sad.
    Current SoulSilver Team:

Current SoulSilver Team:

So out of these games, I can get 2, which ones?

Silent Hill Wii
    Metroid Trilogy
    Dead Space Extraction
    New Super Mario Bros. Wii
    Scribblenauts
    Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
    Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Well, if it were me, I would get Super Mario Bros. Wii for sure, and then some other game. I've never played any of those games, so I'm not sure which is best, but I know the Super Mario Bros. Wii, and some of the Legend of Zelda series. I know Spirit Tracks doesn't look like it'll be the best Zelda has to offer. It's probably good, but not the best. I'm not familliar with the other games.

Well, onto my question. I'm almost done with Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, so I decided I'm gonna need another handheld soon. I decided to try out one of the Zelda handhelds. Here's the ones I was thinking of:

The Minish Cap
    A Link to the Past/Four Swords
    Oracle of Seasons/Ages
    Phantom Hourglass
    Link's Awakening
    The Adventure of Link
    The Legend of Zelda (First game)

I think the Minish Cap looks like it has decent graphics and could be good. A Link to the Past definatly looks good, but I will never use the Four Swords thing, because none of my friends have GBAs. The Oracles are supposed to be amazing, and I know some of the story, but I'm not a fan of the graphics. Same with Link's Awakening, the Legend of Zelda, and the Adventure of Link, speaking of which I also don't like how it doesn't have bird's eye view.

I could also get the second Mario and Luigi RPG, Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time. But I already played a M&L RPG, and I think I'd mabye want to try something new. But, I guess I should pick whatever's best, right? I'm open to suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post

Silent Hill Wii - Never played it
    Metroid Trilogy - Don't like Metroid
    Dead Space Extraction - Never heard of this game...
    New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Looks awesome. Recommendation 1
    Scribblenauts - Really fun. Recommendation 2
    Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Don't like Kingdom Hearts
    Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks - Looks bad
    Answers in bold.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by hol123

Silent Hill Wii
    Metroid Trilogy
    Dead Space Extraction
    Scribblenauts
    Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks
    Depends on your tastes.

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories looks like a very interesting title, although it is likely to have a series of flaws. I would only recommend it if you're a fan of survival horror in the first place.

The Metroid Prime Trilogy has three fantastic games (although they get progressively worse), but if you have already played two or all three of them, you may want to get the one game you're missing instead, as you may not feel like it's worth getting.

Dead Space Extraction has been called "surprisingly good". You may enjoy it if you enjoy rail shooters in the first place. In my personal opinion, you should wait for Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles in that case, but oh well.

Scribblenauts is fun, but it has its flaws. I suggest you look at videos and read reviews before deciding.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii is an excellent choice, if you have people to play it with.

Kingdom Hearts Whatever is worth if it you have people to enjoy the multiplayer with. (Or are a KH junkie.)

Spirit Tracks looks like it'll be a very average entry into the franchise.

Overall I would recommend Metroid Prime Trilogy for a solo experience and New Super Mario Bros. Wii for multiplayer fun, but it's your call.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidoprince
    The Minish Cap
    Oracle of Seasons/Ages
    Phantom Hourglass
    Link's Awakening
    The Adventure of Link
    In my opinion, Link's Awakening DX is the best choice.

All right, but what does DX stand for? *Runs and hides*

Hmm. Well, thanks for the feedback. I've ranked them from what I want most to least.

Metroid Trilogy
    Dead Space Extraction
    Silent Hill Wii
    Scribblenauts
    Spirit Tracks

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

All right, but what does DX stand for? *Runs and hides*
    Deluxe. The game is in color, made more recently(battery will last longer), and has a camera thingy for the Gameboy Printer..

Well, if it were me, I would get Super Mario Bros. Wii for sure, and then some other game. I've never played any of those games, so I'm not sure which is best, but I know the Super Mario Bros. Wii, and some of the Legend of Zelda series. I know Spirit Tracks doesn't look like it'll be the best Zelda has to offer. It's probably good, but not the best. I'm not familliar with the other games.

Well, onto my question. I'm almost done with Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, so I decided I'm gonna need another handheld soon. I decided to try out one of the Zelda handhelds. Here's the ones I was thinking of:

The Minish Cap
    The most recent GBA Zelda, with graphics similar to that of Wind Waker or Four Swords. Scratch that, it's like Four Swords. It's a pretty good Zelda game, the only fault I found in it was that it's short. Other than that, I found it to be really enjoyable, with a lot of collectables and a few sidequests.

A GBA port of A Link to the Past for the SNES. This one is definitiely a classic, and marks the return to the overhead Zelda style since Zelda II (The Adventure of Link). With or without Four Swords, this is a very enjoyable game, and is probably the longest out of this list (if you don't count the Oracles as one game), with a dungeon setup very much like Ocarina of Time.

Oracle of Seasons/Ages
    This duo of games was the last of the GameBoy Color Zeldas. It is very similar to Link's Awakening, but adds quite a bit through various items, puzzles, and other gameplay elements. They focus on changing weather and time travel, respectively. Seasons is rather action based, while Ages leans more toward puzzles. After you beat one, you can port over character data to the other throught he use of their password system. I don't think I'd recommend these first out of your list, but they're definitely a blast.

Phantom Hourglass
    I'm not as familiar with this one, having only played it through once. It's a sequal to Wind Waker, and shares the theme of the Great Sea. It was pretty enjoyable, althoguh a little different from other Zelda's, namely in the controls (you move using the stylus). Not as short as Minish Cap, but I don't remember it being particularly long, either... Still, it's quite enjoyable.

Link's Awakening
    My favorite Zelda of all time. It was the first Zelda on the GameBoy, and it plays like a simplified A Link to the Past. Much of the formatting of this game would be repeated in the Oracles (8 dungeons, collecting 8 items to unlock a final level, most of the artwork and sprites). While the gameplay may not be as good as, say, ALttP or TMC, the game is quite story-driven. Pick this up if you wanna cry at the end (okay maybe not cry, but I know I sure missed Marin). Oh, and as was said before, DX stands for Deluxe, and refers to the color added for the GBC version. DX has an extra dungeon, and a tweaked secret "ending" from the first.

The Adventure of Link
    The second Zelda game ever made, and the only one on this list that I've never touched. It's a sidescroller-esque game, but that's about all I know about it. Sorry i can't help more. ._.

As you said, First Game. This was the start of the entire series, and as such doesn't have a whole lot of deep plot devices and stuff. I haven't played this one much, but it started the top-down viewing, moving across screens, etc. A simple yet complex game (seeing as how they give you very little direction), play it if you want that old-school charm.
    My comments in bold. In my opinion, if you haven't played any of these, I'd say to start with A Link to the Past or Link's Awakening DX. They really capture the essense of a Zelda game, if that makes any sense. XD Hope I helped, lol.
    "Those whose memories fade seek to
    carve them in their hearts...
    All dreams are but another reality.
    Never forget..."

Quote Originally Posted by Fizz View Post
    My comments in bold. In my opinion, if you haven't played any of these, I'd say to start with A Link to the Past or Link's Awakening DX. They really capture the essense of a Zelda game, if that makes any sense. XD Hope I helped, lol.
    I just got Minish Cap and completed that, so you were just in time for giving a short but helpful review for each game. I wish I could get Link's Awakening, but I'm not sure if I could ever find it. A Link to the Past looks easy to get because I can get it on the virtual console if I can't find it on Gameboy Advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by fhqwhgads View Post
    Deluxe. The game is in color, made more recently(battery will last longer), and has a camera thingy for the Gameboy Printer..
    Oh, I see. Looks like a good game as well.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast