Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Three Sides to Every Story (605)

Default Three Sides to Every Story (605)

Marill, Piplup & Elekid

On their way to the next turn, Ash & Co. meet up with a trainer and her Marill. Piplup quickly falls for the Marill and is eager to show off to her. However, an Elekid is nearby and also wishes to prove itself. When they meet, Piplup & Elekid start competing. Who will win the heart of the Marill?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

It was actually entertaining episode haha.

- Raikou shows up WTH? Oh it was just a dream. XD
    - Satoshi really doesn't know anything about romance... (Pikachu & Hikari: "Dummy...")
    - Looks like Pochama's gender is finally confirmed. Male.
    - Musashi eatis Lum berry lol
    - Takeshi knows what Pochama is going through really well..

Spoiler:- Episode Picutres:
    Last edited by pK'; 6th August 2009 at 12:07 PM.

Does that mean Piplup is a cross dressing penguin? I mean, it wore a pink cheerleader outfit before so...
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites" - Karen. Ilu so much ;;

Ships I ship: Advancedshipping, SilverxYellow, Collideshipping, Jadeshipping, Luckyshipping, Chosenshipping, Respectshipping
    OTPS: Palletshipping/Originalshipping, Pikashipping, Preciousmetalshipping
    OT3s: Prismshipping

I remember seeing a screencap a while or so ago from the previews where piplup was using what looked like a new attack, was this the case?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkmaster Rannon View Post
    *Facepalm* You're kidding me? seriously, wow- who the heck are Atilla and Hun? who's next; A duo with the names Walt and Disney?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinnie-tan View Post
    Does that mean Piplup is a cross dressing penguin? I mean, it wore a pink cheerleader outfit before so...
    It's just a cheerleader outfit,boys can be cheerleaders too. It's a Piplup,people put feminine outfits on their male pets all the time.
    Last edited by Tomato-kun; 6th August 2009 at 3:23 PM.

This episode wasn't bad. What I loved was the Raikou dream. Piplup's still cute and funny, not a bad episode.

I don't know about this episode but I think it'll be funny. I'll see it when it gets aired in INDIA.
    Party party come and join us!
    Shake it well and move it well come on!

Did Piplup learn a new move in this episode? I've been dieing to know. Piplup hasn't learned a new move in over 100 episodes.
    Top 5 Favorite Pokemon

5.Latias
    4.Glaceon
    3.Ho-Oh
    2.Infernape
    1.CHIMCHAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Chimcharrulez97 View Post
    Did Piplup learn a new move in this episode? I've been dieing to know. Piplup hasn't learned a new move in over 100 episodes.
    Nah he doesn't learn any new battle move.

Raiku was an excellent choice. Overall this looks pretty enjoyable, even though its a total filler. I might watch it properly when the dub comes out. Sinnoh continues its decent fillers trend.

So Raikou finally had an anime debut, eh?

Glad that Raikou finally appears in this episode. Now we won't have random people screaming "RAIKOU HASN'T GOTTEN A PROPER ANIME APPEARANCE YET!!". Even if it was in a dream, at least it still made its appearance in a proper episode.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

looks like the writers are filling the gaps up now by showing unseen pokemon now .
    it was a good episode pochamas face when he say elekid and marrill at the end was quite funny.
    next weeks episode shud be fun with hikari facing her mother cant wait

Heartgold FC: Deadly: 2622-7622-1968

Quote Originally Posted by PK0082 View Post
    Nah he doesn't learn any new battle move.
    CURSE YOU WRITERS!!!!!!! Sorry, I'm just really upset that Piplup hasn't learned a move in a long time. I mean, now that it won't evolve, it should at least learn a new move.
    Top 5 Favorite Pokemon

5.Latias
    4.Glaceon
    3.Ho-Oh
    2.Infernape
    1.CHIMCHAR!

The episode pictures are up and yes, before anyone asks...

That pic of Musashi in the hot air ballon holding Marill was disturbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Also, Evil-train-dude is easily 4th or 5th on the list of greatest things ever.
    Agreed, but only on the count of it being a Zelda Boss.

What was the attack that Yanmega used at the end? What did Johanna say at the end?What city are they even in?

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Figures that they finally show Raikou in a scene as more than a silhouette, and it turns out to be a dream. He's my favorite legendary dog and it pains me to see how ignored he is.
    I liked the part in the end when Piplup and Elekid took down TR while hardly breaking a sweat. How has TR not been fired yet if they can't even beat those two?
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

did yanmega use x-scissor? or wing attack?
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

I wonder if Raikou showing up in a dream is a hint at a future episode. I wouldn't put it past them and such an episode would be a good way to promote HeartGold and SoulSilver (yes yes I know! Anime=/=games, but does that mean one can't promote the other?). Because I haven't watched this episode but it seems like a 5 sec. "Yeah he exists, yay. move along now." type of thing which I hate (which made me a bit disappointed with how Regigigas was handled in the Shaymin/Giratina movie). So I'm hoping Raikou gets an episode soon and that this was a hint on what episode will deal with (Dawn being separated, getting into trouble/lost, Raikou finds her (maybe on his turf?), gets mad, Dawn gets scared, blah blah blah, Dawn earns Raikou's trust, reunites with Ash and Brock).
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2rctk6u.jpg[/IMG] <3!Lover of all that is Shaymin!<3

Thanks ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the Shaymin badges! I LUV 'EM! <3

Brock:
    April 29th, 1997 - September 9th, 2010 (Thanks for the memories! We'll miss you, buddy! T_T)

Is everyone forgetting raikou made an appearance in an anime episode already???

He appeared in the episode in johto Houndoom's special delivery

and nah no move for piplup he was using some form of hose eith marill to water the plants

I hope dat dream is a hint of the future.......maybe they could pull a lake trio with the legendary beasts and have all 3 of them dream about a different one??

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Quote Originally Posted by J-boogie200 View Post
    This episode wasn't bad. What I loved was the Raikou dream. Piplup's still cute and funny, not a bad episode.
    Agree. This episode was meh! Piplup should keep dreaming b/c it's never going to defeat an Raikou in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinnie-tan View Post
    Yeah, I was going to say something about this. Isn't Piplup a girl? It was acting like a lovesick Brock in this episode. Maybe it's a hermanphrodite.

Quote Originally Posted by BM14murph View Post
    Is everyone forgetting raikou made an appearance in an anime episode already???

He appeared in the episode in johto Houndoom's special delivery
    Raikou also appeared in Pokemon Chronicles, "Legend of Thunder". As for the episode, I knew Piplup wasn't going to be with Marill, there were other Pokemon that had got the same treatment back in the other Pokemon seasons (Totodile, Grovyle (before it was Sceptile, Marshtomp to name a few). The Raikou dream was surprising to see, but Piplup would never actually have a chance on defeating one. And lol when Piplup felt rejected after seeing Marill end up with Elekid at the end. It was a cute and humorous episode, wasn't bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinnie-tan
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaziryu
    Yeah, I was going to say something about this. Isn't Piplup a girl? It was acting like a lovesick Brock in this episode. Maybe it's a hermanphrodite.
    You don't have to be a boy to get spurned by a crush. Girls get rejected IRL and on anime (tho it does not seem that men are only the losing half more often).
    As I said in the anime FAQ outfits can be used to speculate the gender but it doesn't confirm (TR's Meowth has dressed up as May and other feminine costumes and he's well-established as male, same can be said for humans like Harley, James, and even Ashy-boy). You need to have a Poke be refered to as male/female or be a species that is always a confirmed gender to say for sure.
    FRIEND CODES
    3265-5772-9903
    Diamond Version ~NatDex 493 Owned COMPLETE~
    0174-3499-2232
    Silver Version ~NatDex 493 Owned COMPLETE~

Wishvee eggs giveaway. Check online status to ensure trade.
        Spoiler:- Trade Offerings:

Spoiler:- Trade Requests:

Trades re-open. Plz inc FC and Time Zone w/ request. I am EST Zone

Lesson in this episode: Jessie probably does not know how to heal pokémon via berries.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

This episode is so "been there, done that" that I'm gonna rehash an old favorite of my own - bullet-point madness!

- Raikou appears to Piplup in a dream. This can only mean it's time for the first of many, many Johto Pokemon-packed episodes! Who knows, maybe Dunsparce will finally get one. And I mean one that doesn't suck.
    - "Look, guys! A random orchard! We've totally never seen one of those before! Let's trespass!"
    - HOLY COW IT'S PIKABLU! I do hope that Flareth appears in this episode also!
    - When a daddy Piplup and a mommy Piplup love each other very much, they make an egg. You can learn the in-between details when you're older and see it for yourself on the street.
    - Hello, Filler Girl! You look so different from every other green-haired filler girl in this series that it's baffling how I mistook you for every other green-haired filler girl in this series.
    - You know, at first I thought those Sunfloras were armed with those exterminator packs.
    - Haven't we seen enough Elekids in this series? Poor Magby is crying in his volcano.
    - Can I skip forward in the episode? No, because that means I'll miss cute displays as Piplup practicing its balancing act or TR attempting a scheme?
    - Well damn, Meowth in his Sunflora costume is always a winner in my book, so I have to watch it. Curse you, writers.
    - TR steals Pokemon...zzzzzzzzzzz...
    - I almost feel like I'm supposed to be charmed by these "dunce Piplup" scenes. I guess I have to buy another plushie now.
    - I actually really like the goofy music in this episode. At least the episode isn't taking itself seriously.
    - Okay so that Jessie/berry scene just washed away all immense boredom I was having with this episode.
    - Ash gets a box of what I can only assume are berries that will never be used.
    - I swear I've heard this music before...Canalave City? Can't put my finger on it.
    - "That's all folks!"-style ending transition? I'm sure it has a technical name.

Sure, the last "Pokemon-falls-in-love" episode was some time ago, but this one failed to stand out in any way whatsoever. There were numerous cute scenes, and one huge laugh in the form of Jessie eating the berry, but there have been much stronger "cute" episodes in this saga.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast