Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Three Sides to Every Story (605)

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    This episode is so "been there, done that" that I'm gonna rehash an old favorite of my own - bullet-point madness!

- Raikou appears to Piplup in a dream. This can only mean it's time for the first of many, many Johto Pokemon-packed episodes! Who knows, maybe Dunsparce will finally get one. And I mean one that doesn't suck.
    - "Look, guys! A random orchard! We've totally never seen one of those before! Let's trespass!"
    - HOLY COW IT'S PIKABLU! I do hope that Flareth appears in this episode also!
    - When a daddy Piplup and a mommy Piplup love each other very much, they make an egg. You can learn the in-between details when you're older and see it for yourself on the street.
    - Hello, Filler Girl! You look so different from every other green-haired filler girl in this series that it's baffling how I mistook you for every other green-haired filler girl in this series.
    - You know, at first I thought those Sunfloras were armed with those exterminator packs.
    - Haven't we seen enough Elekids in this series? Poor Magby is crying in his volcano.
    - Can I skip forward in the episode? No, because that means I'll miss cute displays as Piplup practicing its balancing act or TR attempting a scheme?
    - Well damn, Meowth in his Sunflora costume is always a winner in my book, so I have to watch it. Curse you, writers.
    - TR steals Pokemon...zzzzzzzzzzz...
    - I almost feel like I'm supposed to be charmed by these "dunce Piplup" scenes. I guess I have to buy another plushie now.
    - I actually really like the goofy music in this episode. At least the episode isn't taking itself seriously.
    - Okay so that Jessie/berry scene just washed away all immense boredom I was having with this episode.
    - Ash gets a box of what I can only assume are berries that will never be used.
    - I swear I've heard this music before...Canalave City? Can't put my finger on it.
    - "That's all folks!"-style ending transition? I'm sure it has a technical name.

Sure, the last "Pokemon-falls-in-love" episode was some time ago, but this one failed to stand out in any way whatsoever. There were numerous cute scenes, and one huge laugh in the form of Jessie eating the berry, but there have been much stronger "cute" episodes in this saga.
    Dunsparce would be the last pokemon I would ever want to see. That pokemon is practically nothing.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

I thought the opening sequence was awesome.

I typically don't care for episodes that focus heavily on Pokemon talking jibberish to each other. But this was an exception. Pochama had a decent personality, Satoshi seemed to take a back seat a bit.

Episode preview for the next week is awesome. Though I groaned a bit that the Japanese name for Umbreon is "Blacky." I was hoping it was a dumb nickname, but nope, I looked it up on Bulbapedia and confirmed my fear.

EDIT: It also helped that the music was on in this episode. Still enjoying the remix of High Touch.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    Dunsparce would be the last pokemon I would ever want to see. That pokemon is practically nothing.
    I'd unleash an angry flock of ten dozen Dunsparce to smite thee, if it weren't for the fact that Dunsparce in incapable of smiting or any other act of destructive usefulness. In that way, Dunsparce is not much different from you and I. Must you insult us so? If we can appreciate our personal Dunsparce-ness, then perhaps we can live in eternal Dunsparce-topia with fellow Dunsparce-kind. We should learn to appreciate one another's Dunsparce-ity. That would be Dunsparce-tastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Episode preview for the next week is awesome. Though I groaned a bit that the Japanese name for Umbreon is "Blacky." I was hoping it was a dumb nickname, but nope, I looked it up on Bulbapedia and confirmed my fear.
    First-gen name JP Romanizations are even better. Nothing like Ghost and Crab.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    I'd unleash an angry flock of ten dozen Dunsparce to smite thee, if it weren't for the fact that Dunsparce in incapable of smiting or any other act of destructive usefulness. In that way, Dunsparce is not much different from you and I. Must you insult us so? If we can appreciate our personal Dunsparce-ness, then perhaps we can live in eternal Dunsparce-topia with fellow Dunsparce-kind. We should learn to appreciate one another's Dunsparce-ity. That would be Dunsparce-tastic.

First-gen name JP Romanizations are even better. Nothing like Ghost and Crab.
    How is it "not much" different from us?
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by crobatman View Post
    did yanmega use x-scissor? or wing attack?
    Neither. It didn't use any new attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziryu View Post
    Yeah, I was going to say something about this. Isn't Piplup a girl?
    No, it's already been confirmed male.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Yay! I´m back!

I was gone? Yes, indeed. I stopped watching the anime for a while but I am rewatching the missed episodes with the wonders of technology now.

So, after my hiatus I started with this episode...

I am not a big fan of Marril, at least in the anime, where it sneaks its blue ball into way too many episodes without being interesting in particular. This time...it is no exception.

I loved Pochama though. This little guy is just adorable and funny at the same time. Pikachu done right, personality wise if you ask me. Not that hard considering Pikachu doesn´t really have a personality anymore to begin with,but still.

What I don´t get are the chosen Pokémon. We had a few pretty important episodes with Shinji´s Elekid at the beginning of DP. Was there really no other Jotho Pokémon to use in this? I complained enough about Marill already, but the point still stands.

Anyway, Pochama made this episode for me, so it wasn´t too bad and had its funny moments. I still wonder what Hikari would have done if Marill actually chose Pochama at the end. The love between the peguin and the mouse was never meant to be...
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

A useless, but still cute, Filler.

Nothing really happened except that maybe we learned more about Piplup's gender.

I do like how Elekid showed up again. Fighting Piplup for Marill's love. 3/10

I loved this filler.

Elekid and Piplup were rivals, it was funny.

And Marril was cute.

6/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Nice animation. Hum-drum plot.

At least it wasn't titled "Love, Piplup Style", am I right folks?
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    Nice animation. Hum-drum plot.

At least it wasn't titled "Love, Piplup Style", am I right folks?
    You would be absolutely right.

Long story short, nobody learned anything, nobody captured anyone, nobody released anyone, & basically, nothing important has happened here. At all! This is practically the new definition of a filler episode. So with that said, this isn't going to get my usual summary.

"Yay!" moments:
    - Piplup fighting off Raikou?! Awesomeness!
    - Piplup getting all fumed over the Elekid had got me going as well.
    - The ending was a rather dramatic foreshadowing as to what is coming next...

"Boo!" moments:
    - Piplup falling in love with a Marill at sight... yuck! I'm a sworn enemy of love, & whenever it rears its ugly head here, I tend to bring out my anti-love serum.
    - TR still can't leave well enough alone, they must steal something...

"Laugh like Aku" moments:
    - Piplup failed to help Marill up a 2-foot up-cropping, whilst Elekid succeeded. AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
    - Marill chose Elekid over Piplup, so he gets all heartbroken. Which means... AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Anyway, nothing to see here. I'm moving on...
    Last edited by Brumrha; 26th December 2009 at 6:16 PM.

Was an ok episode.. poor piplup, not like we knew he was gonna be rejected though :P

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

I was kind of hoping Brock would tell Piplup the same thing he told Ash in the second episode in Sinnoh. For some reason I would've liked to see Brock get more involved in the plot. I also liked the dream that Piplup had in the begining of the episode where Dawn was being attacked by Raikou because it just seemed kind of cool to me.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

This was actually a pretty good episode. Pipulp and Elekid fighting over Marill was cool! I liked when Piplup was crying. Too bad we know that Piplup can't beat a real Raikou.

9/10
    It was great alright. But, it still seemed kind of like a filler I guess.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Marill! My favroite Johto Pokemon! So that started the episode on a good foot. I enjoyed the Raikou dream. I'm glad Ash didn't hot the entire episode. It was a pretty interesting "pokemon in love" episode. I really wish this would happen to Pikachu, but that would ruin his awesome image of being a Pokemon Player.

Hey, speaking of Pikachu and love, has anyone seen Buneary?
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

This episode is not terrible, but neither is it very interesting. Piplup lacks Brock's entertainment value when it comes to the romantic game (speaking of Brock, I was surprised that for once there was a girl COD he did not like), and it also does not help that Piplup had a lot of focus with Shellos in last week's episode. Ash was the best character in this one, just because he maintained his focus when it came to battling and kept his thoughts to himself on the whole love triangle after voicing his opinion and realizing that no one else agreed with him (I wish Team Rocket would have kept quieter, as well). We saw Gliscor and Staraptor during the search; and later we saw Ash skillfully use Grotle against Team Rocket.
    Other Thoughts:
    One cringeworthy moment was when Ash used his Pokedex to check Elekid.

Wow, Dawn and Brock really let Piplup know he blew a chance to impress Marill after losing to Elekid. Dawn should not have stopped Pikachu from helping out.

There were too many Piplup and Elekid fighting scenes. Piplup and Pikachu vs. Electabuzz earlier in Sinnoh was funnier.

I almost missed the part at the end with the festival at Twinleaf town. I thought the episode was over and was ready to turn off the tv.
    Last edited by wind21; 26th December 2009 at 4:56 PM.

I kind of liked this episode. It wasn't the best, but it was still good. I thought it was weird how Brock didn't go crazy over the COTD girl, but there was some love in the episode. Anyway, Ash has seen Elekids enough times to not have to use a PokéDex on it.

Nice to see Grotle, but what happened to Staraptor? Unless I missed Ash returning it to its PokéBall, I didn't see it after Ash let go search for Piplup, Marill, and Elekid.

Yes, I was ready to leave because I thought the episode ended. -_-
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

Ok, people keep talking about this episode being a filler. However, we learned Piplup's gender in this episode, so it's technically not a filler.

Now back to the episode. I knew Ash was, how to put this, emotionally immature before, but in this episode he just takes the cake. And Elekid looks way to happy when it's riding Piplup across the river.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    Ok, people keep talking about this episode being a filler. However, we learned Piplup's gender in this episode, so it's technically not a filler.

Now back to the episode. I knew Ash was, how to put this, emotionally immature before, but in this episode he just takes the cake. And Elekid looks way to happy when it's riding Piplup across the river.
    I don't know if having a main character's Pokémon gender confirmed decides if an episode is a filler or not, but Piplup might have gotten some character development in this episode, so I guess it is not a filler.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

It's funny that this episode contained mostly Johto Pokemon and I was playing my Pokemon Gold to be prepared for the remakes. At first, I was excited that today's episode was going to be about Raikou (about time), but it dwindles away it turns out it was all just a dream. Marill should've been with Piplup because I'm pretty sure that Elekid isn't from the same egg type as Marill; I could be wrong. I'm surprised that Brock didn't give Piplup much advise to get the girl considering that he always flirts with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brumrha View Post
    You would be absolutely right.

Long story short, nobody learned anything, nobody captured anyone, nobody released anyone, & basically, nothing important has happened here. At all! This is practically the new definition of a filler episode. So with that said, this isn't going to get my usual summary.

"Yay!" moments:
    - Piplup fighting off Raikou?! Awesomeness!
    - Piplup getting all fumed over the Elekid had got me going as well.
    - The ending was a rather dramatic foreshadowing as to what is coming next...

"Boo!" moments:
    - Piplup falling in love with a Marril at sight... yuck! I'm a sworn enemy of love, & whenever it rears its ugly head here, I tend to bring out my anti-love serum.
    - TR still can't leave well enough alone, they must steal something...

"Laugh like Aku" moments:
    - Piplup failed to help Marril up a 2-foot up-cropping, whilst Elekid succeeded. AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
    - Marril chose Elekid over Piplup, so he gets all heartbroken. Which means... AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Anyway, nothing to see here. I'm moving on...
    I agree, the opening to the episode was definitely awesome! They should do more dramatic endings like that! I almost missed it because I thought the episode was over! Anyone else kinda miss how they used to show previews of the next episode?

It was okay episode but boring, hurry up better episodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by aykay View Post
    everyone knows bugsy is the cutest girl in the pokemon universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by HookShot View Post
    Hi, Billy Mayes here with the brand-new Rapid Spin! Do you have Rock problems? Not anymore with Rapid Spin! With just the click of button and the spin of a body, the Rocks are gone! Wow look at them fly! Compare this to the leading brand of hazard removal, the Banhammer! While the Banhammer causes serious problems afterward, Rapid Spin stops the problem right at the root, and gives you the satisfaction of ruining your opponent's day! It's even available in many different fashionable styles! Like the Starmie! The Delibird! And even the Hitmonchan! So don't let those Rocks stop you anymore, its time to upgrade to the Rapid Spin! Call 1-800-RPD-SPIN today!

Ash's idiocy about love once again..... Ahh Piplup and Elekid fighting. Piplup couldn't win Marill's heart b/c it would have to stay and that can't happen. This was a good episode. I don't really understand what the Raikou thing was for....
    Ash's team right now

I laughed...though I do feel kind of sorry for Piplup....
    ---------
    *cough cough* "well, u know like when a boy likes a girl they will sometimes go out of their way to tease them at first right?" *cough cough*

"u are such a loser Ashy-boy!*
    1. You are now reading my signature.
    2. You are wondering why you are reading it?
    3.You say that you are already half way so why not?
    5. You didn't notice I skipped 4
    6. You are now chacking if I mist four.
    8. You are now smiling.
    9. You didn't notice I skipped 7.
    10. hehehe!!!!
    11. I love ya all for reading my signature!!!!=]

[IMG]http://i35.*******.com/2zsb7g1.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i33.*******.com/flyiiq.png[/IMG]

credit belong to the one and only Rosemary!
    thank you so much

Default shipping

I love shipping stories. So I had a good time watching this episode. Piplup tends to come off like a jerk, but I felt a lot more sympathetic to him in this ep. I see he couldn't rebound the way Totodile did. :-) But I hope that he doesn't turn villain the way Meowth did.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    It's funny that this episode contained mostly Johto Pokemon .
    Surely, to promote Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver?

It was fun watching the English version. Though these Shipping episodes aren't as good in English as they are in Japanese.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast