Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Three Sides to Every Story (605)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-san View Post
    Cropped again?! >.>
    My version is in the proper aspect ratio, so I was sure CN had aired today's Pokemon episode in widescreen. That's weird..
    But hey, it's just like gambling. You never know the outcome! Or in Shakespeare's phrase: "To be cropped or not to be cropped- that's the question"

Anyways, a really entertaining episode. What I had considered a "filler" before, once again turned out to be pretty amusing and profound.
    I don't know where to start:
    First of all, you can't help liking Ash's clueless expression when it comes to love. Together with his even more clueless comments, that was just priceless (btw. that's what I call a comic relief; not a Pokemon acting goofily)

I don't know why, but I also liked the whole setting with the orchard and the friendly girl and so on. Watching Pokemon for 12 years now, I'm somehow surprised that so many people our heroes have come across so far are extremely hospitable. But today's CoD sure was unique with regard to hospitality : After a short introduction she willingly offered them to spend the night at her place. Wow! I guess people in the Pokemon world sure trust each other. If only this were the case in our world too...

Well, you could actually write much about the rivalry between Piplup and Elekid, but I want ot limit myself to the best scenes:
    - Piplup failing to build a bridge. That moment when he sadly and jealously looked up to Marill and Elekid somehow moved me.
    - That short elbow-fight...just like in real-life situations. Great!
    - Piplup being confronted with the truth at the end of the episode. His expressions were hilarious. Add Brock's advice, especially in light of the fact that Brock himself constantly fails to impress women, and you get a perfect conclusion of a decent and funny episode!

However, as a Pokemon fan who primarily focuses on training, battling and battling strategies when watching Pokemon, I was a little bit disappointed to see how easily Piplup was defeated. Sure, he was at a disadvantage, but are we still supposed to believe that type disadvantage is that much of a problem?
    Given the circumstances (Marill watching while the the rivals were fighting), it would have been wise to use Bide to endure the Electric attacks and then surprise and possibly OHKO Elekid. This would certainly have looked heroic and Piplup would have won Marill's heart in no time!
    Mindlessly using water attacks without preventing Elekid from launching counter-attacks,however, was pretty much a greenhorn mistake.
    So from a tactical point of view today's episode could have been better, but well, I guess it was meant to focus on other aspects.

All in all, an entertaining episode with the emphasis on humor

6.5/ 7 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

raikou was the best part of this episode

I was surprised how entertaining this ep. was. Loved this type of animation as always and kinda liked the dream that Piplup was protecting Dawn from Raikou.

(Sighs) Even in the Pokemon world its pretty much the same thing: the female always goes for the bullies/thug types instead of the nice guys.
    3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Quote Originally Posted by talala View Post
    raikou was the best part of this episode

lol - I'll do one better. The berries were the best part of this episode. I'm not a Piplup hater, but I really fail to see the point of this episode. The phone call at the end could have easily been made in any other episode (for countless other reasons).
    Last edited by jolteonjak; 28th December 2009 at 3:22 AM. Reason: just now realized the poor grammar
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

This episode was ok. Nothing much to comment on except the fact that I like the part between Elekid, Piplup, and Marill.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;598; ;635;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I actually liked this episode. But the only thing that bothered was the ending when Johanna mentioned she is the chairman of the Twinleaf Fest. Its just the way Dawn said it that kind of upset me. She said "What? Mom why you?" That's the only part that annoyed me. I'm really starting to dislike Dawn more and more again. (Flame me all you want I'm just giving my opinion).

The episode was ok. I did laugh at the fact that Piplup kept fighting with Elekid for Marill. It was pretty much guarenteed that Piplup would lose the love battle b/c it wouldnt be able to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    Ok, people keep talking about this episode being a filler. However, we learned Piplup's gender in this episode, so it's technically not a filler.
    I second that.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

A so-so episode. First really boring episode in over a 100 episodes though so I'll get over it.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Only the begining was boring, the end with Grotle and TR was pretty cool.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

The other reason this episode isn't technically a filler is because it's the start of the Twinleaf arc.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Well, this episode sure was entertaining. I'm all over dislikes on love scenes but this one just takes the cake.

The beginning got me confused at first. Turned out to be some fantasy dream of Piplups. Keep dreaming Piplup :P

Then there's this whole fall in love at first site thing going on with Piplup. Ugh, it's like taking a leap of faith without know whats below.

The most entertaining part I find best was with Marill, Piplup, and Elekid. Still, poor Piplup failed to impress Marill many times. At least Piplup is confident about his loss... well almost.

Also, I'm surprised that TR actually changed tactics and went to steal something different for a change. But soon enough they went back to the old routine...

I have to admit I almost left before seeing the last 10 sec of the episode.

Overall, it was a great episode. 8/10.

I'm looking forward to the next episode.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/jb1rmh.jpg[/IMG]
    I claimed Ponyta

I customized these

It was kinda ok i liked the rivarly between Piplup and Elekid though. The bit when they were crossing the bridge and Elekid left the wood and Piplup fell off it was quite funny though. And I agree the bit at the end with Dawn annoyed me as its like she was upset she was the chairman. Oh well we will have to wait and see. Ive seen worse episodes though

Bwahahaha! Piplup was rejected. I must admit I like that Marril now.

It chose a baby pokemon that can't even breed with it (and even if it evolved it wouldn't be able to breed with Marril) over another water type that could have bred with it.

The ending was annoying to me too. Dawn's reaction was horrible.

At least now I'm finally caught up with my reviews, just in time for the next new episode.

I loved this episode! Clueless Ash as usual (though at least Pikachu seems to know Ash's stupidity when it comes to girls here), cuteness with Piplup, a cute little Marill, poor Piplup's efforts and eventual heartbreak. This was a great episode.

I think it's about high time Ash stopped being clueless about romance, though. For gosh sakes, he can't be that way forever.
    My Shinies: NEW!! 08/21 NEW!! 8/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: Black1 White1 Diamond Pearl quad hunt; playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by Tomato-kun View Post
    It's just a cheerleader outfit,boys can be cheerleaders too. It's a Piplup,people put feminine outfits on their male pets all the time.
    Yes, but you will notice that when Pikachu cheers, he wears a more masculine robe and paper fans. Where the heck does he get those anyway?!
    Yah-ha-ha-ha-haaa!Insanity!

I find it's true love.. NOT.. This Marill goes for the jocky type! Not for a lover like Piplup! I don't even like the penguin, but I felt like he had a nice crush.. but left blue.. which it always is..

Was this episode that showed Raikou? I can't remember, I was so surprised when I saw it appear.. I got to the edge of my seat and.. Poof.. it was a dream! Darn.. no real Raikou then.. Just random HGSS promotion.. I wonder why they didn't use Entei, since it's more popular anyway..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

This episode reminds me alot like Love,Totodile Style.It had a water starter in love with a marill evovle line.It was the same old dance,same old song.

5/10

This was a nice filler episode. Elekid is one of my favorite pokemon so it was nice to see it again. Piplup's dream was funny and so was it's rivalry with Elekid.

I just saw the episode again reccently, my favorite part had to be Ash being clueless about love. I just adore when he doesn't get the whole love thing, he clearly only thinks about Pokemon LOL. Other than that, I don't like Pipulp episodes but bang he got rejected. Must be that ego of hisXD
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

An Elekid/Marill/Piplup love triangle, eh? This is going to be good!

Aww, Marill chooses Elekid in the end. Poor Piplup.

*Hugs Piplup*
    Hoenn confirmed
    November 21st
    Are you ready?

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:
    (<primal)

Nice episode... to see this side of Piplup

isnt piplup the cutest

What's with the so many Marills in Pokemon? I mean really? Aren't there any other water Pokemon to show besides that fat mouse? They don't even show Rattata that much.

My ideal battle ever!

This episode was ok... It was cool seeing a Love Triangle based episode. Intesteresting how Piplup was in love with the Marrill, at the same time Elekid was also in love with the Marrill. It was cool to find out that Piplup was indeed a male. The Raikou dream was really cool. It was great to see Raikou in the Anime for the 1st time in a long time, even though it was a dream. It was sad that Elekid ended up with Marrill in the end instead of Piplup.

30/100

The episode was.......weird. I didn't really find it interesting.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast