Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the significance of the "Foreign Building"?

Default What is the significance of the "Foreign Building"?

You know that church or cathedral in Hearthome city? What is so special about it? No music is played when inside the building and the people talk about strange stuff. That place always creeped me out and I never knew why that place was in the game.

Looking for Pokémon X exclusive Megastones (Charizard X, Mewtwo X, Tyranitar, and Manetric).
    Y
    FC: 2981-6335-1505
    IGN: Daniel
    Steam Username: 20stalks

that is a good question! I'm pretty sure it has nothing to really add to the game. S far it has no real significance. So to answer your question I guess it's just another one of those meaningless places in pokemon where people talk to you but nothing gets accomplished (kinda like safari zone rest areas)....
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/291z3g7.jpg[/IMG]

Shows religion in the pokemon world. I don't know what they worship, though I would think it might be some aspect of Arceus, or maybe Dialga and Palkia (there appears to be a stained glass window showing light comming from a mountain top, likely atop Mt. Coronet). Maybe they just worship some force of peace and good, since all their sayings mostly have to do with kindness and peaceful coexistance.
    Last edited by RifleAvenger; 14th August 2009 at 5:09 PM.
    "I now understand the basics of battle, but have much yet left to learn of combat. While I can hold my own, I cannot call myself anything more than a trainer"

I never really cared about that place because to me it's another useless building.

It really doesnt have any significance in the game
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

Well, since it is a place of Worrship, and Arceus is the "God" Pokemon, maybe this place will have something to do with getting to Arceus, in-game, when that event is released. Maybe you like have to get the event key from the guy in green in the Pokecenter, but then take it to the Foreign Building to get something else (much like Shaymin and the Garcidia Flower).

That building has absolutely nothing to do with Arceus or any other Pokemon in particular.

Android Dreams
    ~

Maybe it's like some of the NPC houses? By this I mean, not all NPCs inside houses give good advice or even any items (or Trades).
    Pokemon Platinum Melissa 4941 4127 5418
    Pokemon HeartGold Melissa 5414 2126 7056

Quote Originally Posted by jeyre80 View Post
    Well, since it is a place of Worrship, and Arceus is the "God" Pokemon, maybe this place will have something to do with getting to Arceus, in-game, when that event is released. Maybe you like have to get the event key from the guy in green in the Pokecenter, but then take it to the Foreign Building to get something else (much like Shaymin and the Garcidia Flower).
    Doubt it; if that were the case, I'm sure that some hackers would've figured that out by now and told everyone about it. I'm almost positive that for the Arceus event, all you do is go to the top of Mt. Coronet with the Azure Flute, and then it appears.
    A New Beginning...

Quote Originally Posted by Japanese Giovanni
    We have the best illusion I have rocket frogs get lost in a dream ...
    Quote Originally Posted by buskalilly View Post
    Everyone knows eggs appear because Pokémon hold hands and kiss at the same time.

Yeah I think thats how it worked... I just thought the Foreign building was pointless lol
    I'm Back!
    Credit to Junpearl63 for the Lanturn!

It's probably just to make it so Nintendo can't be sued for going against religion or some type of crap like that. With it in there, it kind of shows that they acknoledge religion along with athiesm (sp?).

Diamond FC: 4253-7582-5489

I think it doesn't serve any real purpose, and honestly, think it was a horrible decision. The building is obviously based on a church or cathedral, and IMHO religion has no place in the pokemon universe. It just begs for controversy.
    In progress: Platinum Nuzlocke

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by RifleAvenger View Post
    Shows religion in the pokemon world. I don't know what they worship, though I would think it might be some aspect of Arceus, or maybe Dialga and Palkia (there appears to be a stained glass window showing light comming from a mountain top, likely atop Mt. Coronet). Maybe they just worship some force of peace and good, since all their sayings mostly have to do with kindness and peaceful coexistance.
    i would say (like you said) That the pokemon religion is worshipping (not just a sole pokemon but many) like mew arceus dialga and palkia (and also some other pokemon have storys like cleffa came from the moon (thus the meaning of the moon stone)

To the player its worthless....
    To the pixzel people...Its a place of worshipping...
    So...nothing that effects you in-game?

Quote Originally Posted by shaq-attack View Post
    That building has absolutely nothing to do with Arceus or any other Pokemon in particular.
    So, why in the stained glass window there is a image of light comming from at the top of Mt. Coronet?

Thats so strange that Nintendo decided to put religion into this game.

Looking for Pokémon X exclusive Megastones (Charizard X, Mewtwo X, Tyranitar, and Manetric).
    Y

I thought it was a religious building of some sort. It always seemed like that. After reading what the people say in there, I'm guessing it's a building that's for bringing people and Pokemon together.

As for its importance, probably none.

Quote Originally Posted by jeyre80 View Post
    You just get the azure flute from an event and go to the top of Mt. Coronet to play it; a staircase appears that leads to Arceus. At least, that's the way it was in D/P. There was nothing to do with the church in the event at all.

Hmmm... I can't really tell but I want to hear opinions.

Does the Foreign Building look similar to the Pokemon League? And why?

Also, why is it called the "Foreign Building"?
    Last edited by Ohshi; 18th August 2009 at 4:08 AM.

Y

It's a cult foreign building.

^ Maybe it was going to be used as the Pokemon League, but got ditched and left there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohshi View Post
    Also, why is it called the "Foreign Building"?
    Because, as the NPCs within tell you, it's a place where people of all cultures, foreign or otherwise, can convene and converse.

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    Maybe it was going to be used as the Pokemon League, but got ditched and left there.
    In a middle-of-the-region city? Try again.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Because, as the NPCs within tell you, it's a place where people of all cultures, foreign or otherwise, can convene and converse.

In a middle-of-the-region city? Try again.
    Why not? Try something new.

No purpose, where all agreed..

What is that?
    In what game?
    Platium friend code: 4554 8857 5235

Credit goes to: Dark Valley Shop.
    ^^ Fav. pokemon

idk i agree with the one that says its there so nintendo doesn't get sued.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Anyone wanna talk? I wanna talk to some new people on here. Feel free to message me.

After years, I've finally claimed deoxys! Watch your back! hehe...

ok i honestly think its a church for arceus or God who they worship is still unknown, though ash, misty, and brock seem to be cristain because i remember seeing a christmas special with them. i actually have it too.
    Banner by millarc3005
    I have claimed Mudkip. I heard they liek me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast