Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Movepool Changes YOU want to see in HG/SS

Default Movepool Changes YOU want to see in HG/SS

Ok, so I thought of this recently in another thread...

It can only be expected that, with the release of HeartGold and SoulSilver, the move sets of Pokemon (especially those in Johto's Regional Dex) will be altered or added to, as seen with the release of FireRed and LeafGreen.

So, what Pokemon do you think should receive better or updated movepools in HeartGold and SoulSilver?

What Pokemon have out-dated movepools that need to be renovated? What Pokemon have poor movepools that don't do their stats and strengths justice?

Post here!

To start off, I think Corsola being able to learn Water Pulse, Iron Defense, or Whirlpool through level-up (or Whirlpool at all) would be pretty neat.

Additionally, I believe that Mantine should be able to learn Fly.

And Bulbasaur (and it's evolutionary forms) should be able to learn moves like Energy Ball via Level-up.

flareon-fireblast+flareblitz=a better flareon
    luxray also needs volt tackle too, bet that wont happen though

I think Chikorita could learn a move to better help against Falkner. Maybe Rock Throw.
    I love you Mijumaru... :'(

Quote Originally Posted by RUBBADUCKY View Post
    flareon-fireblast+flareblitz=a better flareon
    luxray also needs volt tackle too, bet that wont happen though
    Yes. This is another biggie.

With Flareon having low Special Attack and very high (Physical) Attack, it truly NEEDS to have a strong physical fire attack. While it doesn't necessarily need to lose Fire Blast as a move, it should learn Flare Blitz one way or another.

I could see it being one of the more useful fire types in the game so long as it could learn a move like Flare Blitz.

As for Luxray and Volt Tackle, while I totally agree it needs it, I truly doubt that move will ever extend to other Pokemon besides the Pichu line, unfortunately.

Others?
    Last edited by Grei; 30th June 2009 at 2:20 AM.

NO, this is a terrible idea. This will just cause much more programming into the game which could delay the release in the USA by like a month. Also why do we need this? They already did this to Platinum which was just stupid.
    What if they decide to remove Eevee's ability to learn Baton Pass by level up, for example? That would mean I would have to trade my Eevee to D/P/Pt and level it up there and then trade it back. Well I don't even have Platinum. I don't even have a DS. I'm trying to save for a DS and HG or SS when it actually comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by superdonut View Post
    I think Chikorita could learn a move to better help against Falkner. Maybe Rock Throw.
    idk about Rock Throw, but how about maybe learning Ancientpower by level up, since it can learn it throw the Platinum move tutor.

EDIT: Ancientpower is an egg move, so if Falkner must be easy, then maybe that Chikorita should know ancientpower already; but as far as that, just catch a Geodude in the Dark Cave and it learns Rock Throw at level 9.
    00][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Electric View Post
    NO, this is a terrible idea. This will just cause much more programming into the game which could delay the release in the USA by like a month. Also why do we need this? They already did this to Platinum which was just stupid.
    What if they decide to remove Eevee's ability to learn Baton Pass by level up, for example? That would mean I would have to trade my Eevee to D/P/Pt and level it up there and then trade it back. Well I don't even have Platinum. I don't even have a DS. I'm trying to save for a DS and HG or SS when it actually comes out.
    It's done this in the past. They gave Pokemon new movesets in FireRed and LeafGreen (and, like you said, in Platinum), and whether you like it or not, they'll do it for this game.

These are quoted from the HG/SS Speculation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNinja View Post
    oh yeah new move set how could i have forgotten? air slash and drill peck for blaziken! aqua jet and bubblebeam for vaporeon! flare blitz for flareon! volt tackle for shinx family!

(ok the last one wont happen but would be awesome.)

but anything they add to the move sets will prolly be minor. i mean all medicham got was swagger for the RBY remakes. sure more popular pokemon got better move but face facts alot of pokemon have huge move pools as it is ...
    Charmander got Metal Claw in FR/LG to help deal with Brock (Charmander is considered the hard difficulty), is it possible Chikorita could get a new move to deal with Falkner? Chikorita is considered the hard difficulty aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharizardFire6 View Post
    I could see Chikorita getting AncientPower in its level-up movelist. That would help against Falkner AND Bugsy.
    Rock Throw seems possible, maybe even Rock Tomb? It can learn Ancient Power through egg move, yes, though that doesn't seem as probable as the other two. I cant think of any electric or ice moves it could learn, so I don't think one of those type moves are probable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Well, you could give it "Rollout". It's a rock-type move anyway.
    I don't think Rock Throw suits Chikorita.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armored Zangoose View Post
    Thunder Fang or Ice Fang would work. It wouldn't be a stretch, and Ice Fang would work against Bugsy's Scyther. And the Eeveelutions need new movepools also.

How would this effect the US release date? :/ We have a release date set for Japan, it won't extend it.

I agree on Flareon. It got banished to the category of NU. :/ Flare Blitz is a must.

Thanks for bringing those into here so I wont have to repeat them (:

Rollout seems feasible, as well as Ancient Power. Chikorita is also in dire need of some grass type damaging moves. It only learns three via level up. I hope it gets more, like say Energy Ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlisle View Post
    How would this effect the US release date? :/ We have a release date set for Japan, it won't extend it.

I agree on Flareon. It got banished to the category of NU. :/ Flare Blitz is a must.
    Yeah, I was about to say...the release dates won't be affected by movepool changes. :/

And I'm happy you agree. :]

Thanks for bringing those into here so I wont have to repeat them (:

Rollout seems feasible, as well as Ancient Power. Chikorita is also in dire need of some grass type damaging moves. It only learns three via level up. I hope it gets more, like say Energy Ball?
    No problem!

Actually, I was thinking of Ancientpower for Chikorita, since it's an Egg-move for it anyway.

Although, since Whitney gives out Rollout, I don't know if giving Rollout to Chikorita as a level-up move would work...

Quote Originally Posted by Armored Zangoose View Post
    Thunder Fang or Ice Fang would work. It wouldn't be a stretch, and Ice Fang would work against Bugsy's Scyther. And the Eeveelutions need new movepools also.
    I wouldn't think about giving Chikorita any Ice-type moves. Ice is one of its weaknesses, and Electric attacks don't suit Grass-types at all (not unless it's Grass/Electric).

Regarding Chikorita's line, yep, they should definitely give them more Grass-type moves. Perhaps Leaf Blade and/or Leaf Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Although, since Whitney gives out Rollout, I don't know if giving Rollout to Chikorita as a level-up move would work...
    I believe, the TM that Whitney gives will change. In Gen 4, Rollout is no longer a TM (actually, since Gen 3).
    Last edited by Wulava; 30th June 2009 at 2:42 AM.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

For the Chikorita with Ancientpower, when you get the Chikorita from the lab, I think it should already know Ancientpower. And just to be fair with the other starters:

Totodile will get Metal Claw (Egg move)
    Cyndaquil will get Covet or Double Kick

With Flareon getting Flare Blitz, they should just add a move tutor that teaches these moves. I don't see how it would be a big deal though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Regarding Chikorita's line, yep, they should definitely give them more Grass-type moves. Perhaps Leaf Blade and/or Leaf Storm.

I believe, the TM that Whitney gives will change. In Gen 4, Rollout is no longer a TM (actually, since Gen 3).
    Oh, right! I forgot about the compatibility of TMs...my bad. XD In that case, Rollout could work.

Leaf Blade and Leaf Storm would be perfect for Chikorita.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric View Post
    For the Chikorita with Ancientpower, when you get the Chikorita from the lab, I think it should already know Ancientpower. And just to be fair with the other starters:

Totodile will get Metal Claw (Egg move)
    Cyndaquil will get Covet or Double Kick
    I wouldn't object to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Oh, right! I forgot about the compatibility of TMs...my bad. XD In that case, Rollout could work.

Leaf Blade and Leaf Storm would be perfect for Chikorita.
    I was wondering where they will put the Seed Bomb TM? That'd be a nice move for Meganium.

Yes, Leaf Blade and Seed Bomb would be great for Chikorita. Not to mention that I'm working on a physical attack Meganium at the moment...
    X team: Chespin, Goomy, Amaura, Skiddo, Spritzee, Espurr!

Leaf Storm would be good for Chikorita, but I don't think it would learn Leaf Blade until it evolved. It could learn dig for battling Steelix also.

I still think Ice Fang and Thunder Fang would be good, but it's obvious Chikorita won't learn Fire Fang, so what about Ice Types?

Starters-
    Totodile- Ice Fang, Aqua Jet, Metal Claw
    Cyndaquil- Don't know...dig?
    Maybe Feraligatr and/or Typhlosion could learn Dragon Rush?
    Chikorita- Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, or Rock Tomb...Seed Bomb?

Eeveelutions(They all need it, especially Flareon)-
    Flareon- Flare blitz, Heatwave, Fire Blast(Can Flareon learn Fire Fang or Stone Edge? It would need them)
    Jolteon- Volt Tackle
    Vaporeon- Aqua Jet
    Umbreon- Don't know...
    Espeon- Any fighting type special move
    98% of teens won't stand up for God.
    Be one of the 2% that will, put this in your signature.
    By putting this text in my signature, I pledge to submit hundreds of thousands of votes for Ditto when the Global Link popularity poll comes to the U.S. If you intend to do this as well, please add this to your signature. In bold text. Started by Missingno. Master.

Chiko already having AncientPower at Lv5? I dunno about that one... /= I would like it to learn it around Lv 9 - 12 though, that'd make sense to me. Maybe 12 so it can get a grass move at 7 - 9. But I noticed starters start off with Scratch / Tackle + Lear / Growl and no stronger moves like the suggested AncientPower. Unless bred of course, so no I don't think AncientPower will be a Lv5 move for Chikorita.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2rctk6u.jpg[/IMG] <3!Lover of all that is Shaymin!<3

Thanks ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the Shaymin badges! I LUV 'EM! <3

Brock:
    April 29th, 1997 - September 9th, 2010 (Thanks for the memories! We'll miss you, buddy! T_T)

I was wondering where they will put the Seed Bomb TM? That'd be a nice move for Meganium.
    I believe that this would be similar to FRLG. All moves that are used to be TMs in gen 2 will be taught by Move Tutors instead because HGSS will likely utilize the Gen 4 TM list. Those moves are as follows:

1. Dynamic Punch (used to be TM01)
    2. Headbutt (used to be TM02)
    3. Curse (used to be TM03)
    4. Rollout (used to be TM04)
    5. Zap Cannon (used to be TM07)
    6. Rock Smash (used to be TM08, well, it's an HM now)
    7. Sweet Scent (used to be TM12)
    8. Snore (used to be TM13)
    9. Icy Wind (used to be TM16)
    10. Dragonbreath (used to be TM24)
    11. Mud-Slap (used to be TM31)
    12. Ice Punch (used to be TM33)
    13. Swift (used to be TM39)
    14. Defense Curl (used to be TM40)
    15. ThunderPunch (used to be TM41)
    16. Detect (used to be TM43)
    17. Fire Punch (used to be TM48)
    18. Fury Cutter (used to be TM49)
    19. Nightmare (used to be TM50)

Some Gen 2 TMs made it to TMs 51-92, so I didn't post them above. That's all there is to it.

Okay, how about instead giving everyone the answers in Chikorita, Gamefreak just make us go to a cave and get a freakin' Geodude just like they've made us do in every single game. Seriously, while Chikorita is at a disadvantage to flying types, Totodile and Cyndaquil don't learn any moves that are powerful against Flying types until later on in their evolutionary chains. No one is forcing you to pick Chikorita, and if you do they aren't going to mak ethe first gym super easy. Chimchar was at a disadvantage for the first gym in DPPt, if you all remember.

That makes a lot of sense actually. I got out my old GS strategy guide and noticed how different the TMs were, and wondered what could possibly be done to account for them. Having a move tutor (or a few) able to teach these moves seems to be a viable possibility.
    X team: Chespin, Goomy, Amaura, Skiddo, Spritzee, Espurr!

Quote Originally Posted by Fused View Post
    Okay, how about instead giving everyone the answers in Chikorita, Gamefreak just make us go to a cave and get a freakin' Geodude just like they've made us do in every single game. Seriously, while Chikorita is at a disadvantage to flying types, Totodile and Cyndaquil don't learn any moves that are powerful against Flying types until later on in their evolutionary chains. No one is forcing you to pick Chikorita, and if you do they aren't going to mak ethe first gym super easy. Chimchar was at a disadvantage for the first gym in DPPt, if you all remember.
    They gave Metal Claw to Charmander for Brock in FRLG. It's VERY likely they will give Chikorita something aswell.

1. Chimchar could evolve and learn mach Punch.

2. What do you mean they aren't going to make the first gym super easy? All the gyms were super easy!
    98% of teens won't stand up for God.
    Be one of the 2% that will, put this in your signature.
    By putting this text in my signature, I pledge to submit hundreds of thousands of votes for Ditto when the Global Link popularity poll comes to the U.S. If you intend to do this as well, please add this to your signature. In bold text. Started by Missingno. Master.

Well, true. Each starter have its own advantage and disadvantage in gyms. But, at the time I battled Roark, I already evolved it to Monferno (like what Armored Zangoose said). I "Mach Punch"-ed my way to victory. So, still, an advantage for me.

Spore Meganium;
    Rapid Spin Miltank;
    Brave Bird Ho-oh;
    Vacuum Wave Porygon.

The chances are less than zero, unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Clearly Bianca is the Shadow Triad

FACT: You never see her at the end
    FACT: Musharna can create illusions in a similar manner to the Triad's vanishing acts
    FACT: Musharna can create illusions of people
    FACT: You never see the Triad until after Bianca gets her Muuna
    FACT: Being the Shadow Triad would give her something to do in life

wait a second.............whitney didn't give out rollout. she gave out attract!

lol i remembered.

I'm picking chikorita and i think it needs more grass type moves too. but for leafblade, meganium has no leaf on it's head.

And it's the time we waste, swallowed into space. . . .

Mareep/Flaffly/Ampharos with Tail Glow would be nice, considering its role in the game. Or even just Ampharos. This is something that would've been nice since R/S/E.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast