Page 51 of 335 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 8369

Thread: *****CONFIRMED***** Info Discussion Topic [COMPLAIN AND GET FREE INFRACTIONS]

Quote Originally Posted by lindsy95 View Post

I like kurts balls. Because they're pretty colors

And I hope they have nice animations :3

O.O

Anywho, who knows how much dialogue this game has. It may have more than the original GS.

FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

Talking

I'm not exactly sure were to put this, so I thought I should post it here. Gamestop in America has now open pre-orders for Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver with a tenative pre-release date of April 1, 2010. In other words, if you live in America you can now pre-order Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Credit to whoever made the lovely picture above. Unfortunately, I do not know who made it at this time. The hiragana reads: "Yoseatsume"

I type with only my left hand. If you do so, it is optional for you to copy and paste it in your signature.

aww man i hope your for reall about this cuz if you are im booking it to the nearest gamestop

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Pokemon View Post
    I'm not exactly sure were to put this, so I thought I should post it here. Gamestop in America has now open pre-orders for Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver with a tenative pre-release date of April 1, 2010. In other words, if you live in America you can now pre-order Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver.
    We just discussed this like, two pages ago.

It's nothing more than a placeholder. Like BCVM22 said, it's best not to give out any money.

Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post
    Text in a game is not like we see text, each letter of text is in coding, so you cant just change the text, because there is no text to change, you got to change the code. So, it takes soo much longer to change the game.

As ijea has said there is a lot of testing involved which takes up the majority of the time, but when you think of the europe/US divide, europe takes longer because you got to change it into about 6 languages instead of just 1.
    and they don't even translate it into dutch
    Future White team:
    Jaroda
    Denchura
    Burunkeru
    Kenhorou/ Wargle
    Musharna/ Kojondo
    Shanderaa/ ononokussu

For those who have doubts about the release dates let me tell you something.Gamestop announce that pokemon explores of sky would come out september and now it comes out october.So basicly,this date is placeholder untilwe get the right sunday date and have you notice the box art?They still havent made one that is why is white and boring.

Duh. We been talking about this for several pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Jats605 View Post
    Duh. We been talking about this for several pages.
    I know I was just letting others know who havent read the other pages.Anyway,will ps give out anything this week?

O. sorry then.
    And they should. If its a good epi.

Quote Originally Posted by D*N View Post
    and they don't even translate it into dutch
    I'm Dutch too. I understand young children want Dutch text, because they don't understand the English language. Personally, I think it's a great way to learn the basics of the English language. Older children (like me) want English text, because otherwise the text would be even cornier. Besides, it wouldn't be more profitable. Holland is a very small country compared to Germany, France, Italy and Spain. Dutch is only spoken in Holland and Belgium. German is spoken in East-Europe. Italy is only spoken in Italy, but, like I said before, it's a bigger country. Spain is the second most spoken language in the world. Unless hundreds (maybe even thousands) of people are going to buy HG/SS when it's translated into Dutch, Nintendo is not going to release HG/SS with Dutch text.
    Last edited by Prominence; 19th August 2009 at 8:09 PM.

Did anyone ever find out what was on that DVD that was supposed to have 10 minutes of HGSS footage?

i never realized how bad some other countries had it for translating; I think the only way this could be solved was if there was an indepened translating company for small countries but of course this is probably never gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup~Luver View Post
    Did anyone ever find out what was on that DVD that was supposed to have 10 minutes of HGSS footage?
    that sir, is a very good point. though i doubt it was anything new or it would be on youtube or any other major site by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup~Luver View Post
    They probably show what PS showed plus a few tidbits here and there of CoroCoro or the official site. If we put that together it goes way more than 10 minutes, so I guess nothing new. :\

Just a question I've been wondering, the games come out in stores on 12th September, right? What about the ones which were pre-ordered? Should be earlier, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Prominence View Post
    I'm Dutch too. I understand young children want Dutch text, because they don't understand the English language. Personally, I think it's a great way to learn the basics of the English language. Older children (like me) want English text, because otherwise the text would be even cornier. Besides, it wouldn't be more profitable. Holland is a very small country compared to Germany, France, Italy and Spain. Dutch is only spoken in Holland and Belgium. German is spoken in East-Europe. Italy is only spoken in Italy, but, like I said before, it's a bigger country. Spain is the second most spoken language in the world. Unless hundreds (maybe even thousands) of people are going to buy HG/SS when it's translated into Dutch, Nintendo is not going to release HG/SS with Dutch text.

Then the young children wil leran better english:P
        Spoiler:- Infernape:

Quote Originally Posted by Skirgedot View Post
    They probably show what PS showed plus a few tidbits here and there of CoroCoro or the official site. If we put that together it goes way more than 10 minutes, so I guess nothing new. :\

Just a question I've been wondering, the games come out in stores on 12th September, right? What about the ones which were pre-ordered? Should be earlier, no?
    I've read that sometimes people who import get their games shipped early. Some may get theirs before,on, or after the release date.

Importing, well it depends where you import from. I doubt if you import you will get it before the Japanese Release Date. However it's possible that people in Japan that have preordered will get it before the 12th, so we may get some information then.

I've pre-ordered it from Play-asia and i'm living in Denmark.. do you think that I will get it the 11th or on the release? :3

I received my Pokemon Pearl from Play-Asia when it was released a day before the release date.

Wait, didnt Serebii get his copy early last year?

Its not too long of a wait anymore. Three weeks is nothing especially if you've got other things to do...but if you're dying for more info there is always the chance of someone in Japan making the copy available for everyone...if you know what I mean.Then people will download it and post vids on youtube.

I am in no way promoting piracy. So please, dont get the wrong idea.

Quote Originally Posted by YukiJadenSurvives View Post
    I received my Pokemon Pearl from Play-Asia when it was released a day before the release date.

I'm glad to hear that. I'm pre-ordering SS from them, and was expecting to wait at least a week or so for it to arrive.

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
    Isn't Princess Noelle adorable? She's hungry from some Rare Candy!
    Awesome Trainer Card by Celestial Aura. Thanks!

We saw giratina origin form

will sky form shaymin be in this

I remember Oak saying there is a white rock in Kanto

mmmmm

Yknow that footage on that DVD...

Are there any videos of it on youtube?

Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post
    Text in a game is not like we see text, each letter of text is in coding, so you cant just change the text, because there is no text to change, you got to change the code. So, it takes soo much longer to change the game.

As ijea has said there is a lot of testing involved which takes up the majority of the time, but when you think of the europe/US divide, europe takes longer because you got to change it into about 6 languages instead of just 1.
    That does help to explain why it takes so long to translate thanks. But Europe wouldn't necessarily take longer because of the different languages, wouldn't each sort of country in europe do its own text translations?

maybe dogs can fly

Quote Originally Posted by MoonSkip Mew View Post
    But Europe wouldn't necessarily take longer because of the different languages, wouldn't each sort of country in europe do its own text translations?
    You ever heard of Nintendo of UK? Nintendo of Germany? Nintendo of Italy?

No?

Probably because they don't exist. Europe is overseen by one Nintendo subsidary, Nintendo of Europe, based in Germany. They handle translations, localizations, logistics and everything else for the entirety of Europe. That means that for a game to be released in Europe, it has to be translated and localized for the umpty-dump major languages spoken across the continent (offhand, that's Spanish, German, Italian, French and lord knows what else) and once that's done, the appropriate number of each language-version of the game has to be pressed, manufactured, packaged and shipped to the appropriate country.

The punchline, above all else, is that there is a reason why the European release takes as long as it does and to complain about that is not patriotic, it is not purposeful, it is not pointed, it is nothing but whiny, obnoxious and judging from a fair number of posts around here ("there's no way it takes that long! Stupid Nintendo.."), ignorant as well.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Page 51 of 335 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast