Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rare Pokemon Shippings Discussion Thread!

Default Rare Pokemon Shippings Discussion Thread!

Welcome everyone! I decided to create this thread for the discussion of rare pokemon shippings as it seems the last one is long past stale. Share what rare pokemon shippings you support! Remember by rare shipping, I mean a shipping that is rarely talked about, doesn't have many fanfics, or is even barely ever heard of.

Here are some rules that should be observed:

1. All SPPF and Shippers Community rules apply.
    2. No one-liners. They contribute pretty much nothing to the topic.
    3. Don't bash any shippings.
    4. Stay on-topic. We are discussing rare shippings in this thread.
    5. Respect each other! Many people will have many different ship preferences here!
    6. Don't discuss PokemonxPokemon or PokemonxHuman ships in this thread. Those topics stay in their own threads.
    7. Have fun!

Let's start things out with the most obvious topic.

What is your favorite rare shipping(s) and why?

My favorite rare shipping is Othelloshipping, which is AshxHilda. It's actually my favorite shipping in general! To me they are compatible and they have so much in common. I'm a major proponent of couples who have a lot in common. I also believe they would bond really well and fast too throughout battling with or against each other, and through basic adventuring with their pokemon. You can't deny that they are perfect for each other!

What rare shippings do you like?

(Hopefully I did this right and the mods will be okay with it. This is my first ever thread made and I hope it doesn't die out anytime soon.)
    Last edited by Satoshi & Touko; 26th January 2015 at 2:20 AM. Reason: Fix-ups recommended by mod.
    Hi everyone! I love being involved in the shipper's community, and even though I have decided to retire from fanfiction-dot-net, I still support Othelloshipping!

Yes! I am the world's biggest Othelloshipper because Ash and Hilda are the perfect pair IMO!

My favorites are DawnxN and SerenaxPaul.
    I love DawnxN because it seems like it would be a really cute shipping and I can see them having great interactions. I can also see this shipping being slightly similar to ferriswheelshipping.
    My second favorite would be SerenaxPaul. I would find it interesting how their interactions would go if they ever met. I can see this shipping being slightly similar to ikarishipping though maybe a little more cuter and sweeter.
    Credit goes to Cresselia92

Thank you Dawn+Serena Fan for being the one person willing to discuss something new in the shipper's community (And also thanks to those others that just did and thanks in advance to anyone else who does.)

Here's a really rare one that I love: Pokesilvershipping!

Although it seemed more like a kiddy crush type thing, I like that Lyra at least briefly had an interest in Ash for the right reason. Ash was his usual determined self when they were stuck in that room, and after seeing the full little Lyra arc, I came up with a neat chaptered fanfic idea to expand on the whole thing. I hope to write it after my two Othelloshipping books are done by the end of this year.
    Last edited by Satoshi & Touko; 28th January 2015 at 2:54 AM. Reason: Finally getting traffic!
    Hi everyone! I love being involved in the shipper's community, and even though I have decided to retire from fanfiction-dot-net, I still support Othelloshipping!

Yes! I am the world's biggest Othelloshipper because Ash and Hilda are the perfect pair IMO!

DetectiveDuoshipping, because I adore the interactions between Looker and Serena in the Looker Bureau story, plus Serena could be a young adult anyway. They're like a cute little family with Emma.

I also love Tokiwashipping, mainly because Blue is less of a jerk in HG/SS and he has a surprisingly sweet friendship with Lyra.

Oh, and Spindleshipping! Bill is just so adorable, and him getting more interaction with Leaf in FR/LG helps.

Also, every Pokémon Ranger ship not involving the two playable characters. I rarely see any of those, and some of those are a lot of fun, like Isaac/Kate or Spenser/Solana.

EDIT: Oops, didn't mean Spenser/Serena, though that could be interesting...
    Last edited by Scarlet Tactician; 26th January 2015 at 5:45 PM.

Marlon x Misty i find this shipping kinda hot tbh , they both sexy in their design , misty being a mermaid and marlon being fisherman yeah they tottaly fit
    Clemont x Serena since they didnt have any chemistry at all i find this thing rare haha
    Steven X May , i always find this cute tbh and tbh this thing is rare imo
    Ash x Yellow( Pokespe) before serena appear i always hope yellow or cahracter that look like yellow appear in anime and become ash childhood friend who have connection with giovanni and who i shave crush on ash too.
    Elesa x Brycen i dunno i just ship them because they boot cool and gorgeous
    Barry x Bianca they both ditzy and blond , they kinda perfect each other
    and many more
    Welcome Gen VI

PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

Misty x Serena, both leaving poor Ash in the dust :O

Now that would be priceless

Quote Originally Posted by k6666 View Post
    Clemont x Serena since they didnt have any chemistry at all i find this thing rare haha
    Steven X May , i always find this cute tbh and tbh this thing is rare imo
    I've seen some Steven/May with the release of OR/AS. It's growing on me.

And Clemont/Serena DEFINITELY needs more love.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Tactician View Post
    I've seen some Steven/May with the release of OR/AS. It's growing on me.

And Clemont/Serena DEFINITELY needs more love.
    There are several Ash shippings that I like that need more love and definitely more fanfics. It's the whole reason why I write fanfics in the first place. I only do Othelloshipping right now cause I'm taking it one ship at a time. I hope others do as well or write for other good rare Ash shippings.
    Last edited by Satoshi & Touko; 28th January 2015 at 2:56 AM.

Pendragonshipping (Lance/Iris) - Two dragon type masters. I've always imagined Lance having a lot of fans, but can also see Iris as a bit of a fan girl, but she uses her fangirlism as a way to get stronger. I think Lance has really inspired her since he is the original dragon master. Hope to see some canon interaction between the two.

Restlessshipping (Silver/Iris) - It randomly came to me and I think they would look quite nice together. It does remind me of ikarishipping a bit.

Spiritomb/Blissey - After writing my blissey fic, this pairing started to grow on me. The fic wasn't even a shipping fic and didn't really have that much romance in it but reading someone's review about how they started shipping Spiritomb and Blissey together really made me myself start liking it.

My Royal AU Advanceshipping + Advanceshipping trilogy
    ♔Thy Wish Will Come♔ The Other King♔Once Upon A Crown♔
    And the spin-off ♔The Ketchum Inheritance♔
    Award winning fic:Carry On, Blissey

I support quite a few of these.

Personally, I love PokeSilvershipping as well. I definitely do believe that Lyra was crushing on Ash, why else would she ask Dawn if Ash is her boyfriend then try to pair Dawn with that Khoury guy? Yeah, Lyra was so crushing on Ash, if you ask me.

My OTP, hands down, is Cavaliershipping. This is definitely one of the DP ships that didn't get enough love, compared to Penguinshipping and Ikarishipping *shudders* if you ask me. Dawn was practically fangirling over Gary and his poems in a few episodes, that was just simply adorable. What else is there I can say?

I also have a real soft spot for Mockshipping. Honestly, Paul and Ursula are so much alike and that makes it difficult for me not to ship them together.

Those are really the only ones I can think of at the moment.

3DS Friend Code: 4871-6086-4217
    Tumblr | Matt's Secret Base | Twitter

I feel like a lot of major character ships are rare ships, but anyways.

Spoiler:- because it's a long list:

I probably have more, but those were what I could think of at the moment.

♡ EsotericShipping | JewelLifeShipping | NeoChromeShipping | TriforceShipping | VarianceShipping ♡

Quote Originally Posted by MonMonCandie View Post
    SpiritShipping (Morty/Jasmine) -- Really, I've only seen like...one fanart of this ship and it makes me sad. Granted, I like this as an unrequited ship, but I still think it's cute! I have headcanon that Morty and Jasmine were actually childhood friends, but that's another story. :P

RockSmashShipping (Brawly/Roxanne) -- This one is one of my more recent ships, but I'm surprised there isn't much shipping for it considering it's a little old (then again, Brawly and Roxanne didn't have much personality back then). I thought for sure ORAS would have bumped this shipping, and it did by getting noticed, but I don't really see much fanworks on it. I'm probably just not looking, but I still consider this a rare ship.

FleurdeGrenadeShipping (Grant/Viola) -- Ever since they appeared together in that one XY episode, I fell in love with this ship. Grant and Viola act like such good friends, I couldn't not ship them. xD I can understand why there isn't much fanworks on them together since they only appeared together once, but I don't care. This is probably one of my favorite XY Gym Leader ships.
    Oh gosh, I love these too. Actually, I should discuss more of my non-protagonist ships.

Clemont x Emma: They both live in Lumiose, and I can just see them having a fun dynamic with Clemont taking an interest in Emma's suit and helping her maintain it.

Clay x Elesa: Probably my favorite gym leader shipping, and it barely gets love. I like the dynamic of them in my head, with Clay being a grump but ultimately respecting Elesa while Elesa lets a bit more of her personality show around him. I seem to recall them discussing each other as well.

Grimsley x Shauntal: They don't interact, but I think they'd be interesting, with Shauntal being the more responsible of the two.

Lysandre x Malva: I kind of like the idea of Malva having a one-sided crush on Lysandre... I also admit the rare fan art I have seen of them together helps a lot.

Sycamore x Diantha: Probably my favorite pairing I've mentioned here. The way they talk about each other is so adorable, and they just look like they'd be so cute together with how classy they both are, maybe with Sycamore being a bit of a dork as well. It saddens me to see so little love for these two.

Rare shipping? I like Trip x Virgil (MakeorBreakShipping) shipping. Because I think it's called senpai-kouhai things. Trip needs learning more from Virgil. That would be sweet :^)
    Hilbert x Cilan. It seems more like Tsukiyama x Ken Kaneki shipping. I bet it :^)

Nothing but basic. I am otaku, fujoshi, love yuri too. Wat are you looking me? xP It's basic
    Winter 2015 Anime my lists : Cute High Heart Defese Club Love!, Kuroko no Basket 3, Durarara! x2, Kantai Collection, Yurikuma Arashi, Koufuku Graffiti, Tokyo Ghoul √A, Shounen Hollywood Season 2
    If you want Trip reappears in XY or upcoming series, copy and paste to you signature <3

Wow, we have this thread? I can finally voice my own thoughts.
    *cough* I support furthershipping, Othelloshipping and Whatever shipping it is called for AshxRosa.
    Furthershipping: I like the ship of Red and Leaf/Blue in both games and manga so it's obvious that I want to see Ash to be paired with a girl based on Leaf/Blue (though part of me says she already exists in the form of Serena). Still, I'm hoping to see a character that is actually based on her and be Ash's actual childhood friend and maybe have promise with each other (Sorry, Serena :P )

Othelloshipping: Hilda is one of my favorite heroine. She's really pretty. It sucks though that she wasn't introduced in the show (sorry Iris fans but I prefer her). She would have had a great time along with Ash and I'd definitely ship them hardcore as much as I ship advanceshipping and amourshipping. XD

AshxRosa: Same reason as Hilda's
    Sweet Childhood Memories

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuna F Seiei View Post
    Wow, we have this thread? I can finally voice my own thoughts.
    *cough* I support furthershipping, Othelloshipping and Whatever shipping it is called for AshxRosa.
    Furthershipping: I like the ship of Red and Leaf/Blue in both games and manga so it's obvious that I want to see Ash to be paired with a girl based on Leaf/Blue (though part of me says she already exists in the form of Serena). Still, I'm hoping to see a character that is actually based on her and be Ash's actual childhood friend and maybe have promise with each other (Sorry, Serena :P )

Othelloshipping: Hilda is one of my favorite heroine. She's really pretty. It sucks though that she wasn't introduced in the show (sorry Iris fans but I prefer her). She would have had a great time along with Ash and I'd definitely ship them hardcore as much as I ship advanceshipping and amourshipping. XD

AshxRosa: Same reason as Hilda's
    Furthershipping is essentially a 50/50 combination of Othelloshipping and Amourshipping IMO. I would also like to see that Leaf had a history with Ash and I also believe they would have that same "always have fun with each other on their journeys" type of relationship that you get with Othelloshipping.

Ash and Rosa is called Deepvastshipping and I want to support it, but I'm extremely fussy when it comes to ages. Supposedly her manga counterpart is 12? If so, then whether Ash aged realistically or not, they would still be a little bit too far apart for me.

I am a supporter of Othelloshipping in the sense that Ash aged realistically throughout the series, or that they made Hilda ten for being in it. Hilda's manga counterpart is supposedly 16 and if Ash aged properly up to the start of Unova, he should be 15 or 16 as well I think. I don't have to worry about the age thing with this one. Speaking in terms of this shipping, I'm actually fine with Iris for the series because I wouldn't want to potentially see a 16 year old girl that Ash is supposed to always want to do stuff with calling Ash a kid every five minutes LOL!
    Last edited by Satoshi & Touko; 28th January 2015 at 5:53 PM.

I definitely do support a couple of these haha and they are Cavaliershipping, Othelloshipping, and Furthershipping.

Cavaliershipping (Gary x Dawn): This is definitely a pairing that got overshadowed by several other DP ships, like Pearl (which is actually my anime OTP, just putting that out there) but I do happen to like it a lot. It's such a cute pairing, if you ask me. I love how Dawn acted when Gary recited all of those poems, that was just so cute. Plus, they would make such an adorable couple, I have to say.

Othelloshipping (Ash x Hilda): Can I just say that I was so heartbroken when they chose to make Iris travel with Ash instead of Hilda? Hilda was, by far, my favorite heroine from the games. I can definitely see Hilda and Ash getting along really well, perhaps like Ash and Dawn did.

Futhershipping (Ash x Leaf): While I really do not like Luckyshipping (Red x Blue from the Manga), I can't help but to ship these two. I really love Leaf's design and I honestly do prefer her over Misty (sorry Misty fans, I do love Misty though). Part of me agrees with some people say that Leaf is actually in the anime in the form of Serena, I think it would have been such a interesting idea if Leaf was in the anime and she and Ash are childhood friends. That's why I love this pairing.

Besides those three, I also do support PokeSilver (Ash x Lyra), Mock (Paul x Ursula), Atmoss (Falkner x ,Skyla) LongTian (Lance x Skyla), Shocking (Volkner x Elesa), and whatever the ship name is for Volkner & Jasmine.

But overall, my favorites are Cavalier, Othello, and Further.

3DS Friend Code: 0748-3470-9720
    Tumblr | Ery's Secret Base | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi & Touko View Post
    Furthershipping is essentially a 50/50 combination of Othelloshipping and Amourshipping IMO. I would also like to see that Leaf had a history with Ash and I also believe they would have that same "always have fun with each other on their journeys" type of relationship that you get with Othelloshipping.

Ash and Rosa is called Deepvastshipping and I want to support it, but I'm extremely fussy when it comes to ages. Supposedly her manga counterpart is 12? If so, then whether Ash aged realistically or not, they would still be a little bit too far apart for me.

I am a supporter of Othelloshipping in the sense that Ash aged realistically throughout the series, or that they made Hilda ten for being in it. Hilda's manga counterpart is supposedly 16 and if Ash aged properly up to the start of Unova, he should be 15 or 16 as well I think. I don't have to worry about the age thing with this one. Speaking in terms of this shipping, I'm actually fine with Iris for the series because I wouldn't want to potentially see a 16 year old girl that Ash is supposed to always want to do stuff with calling Ash a kid every five minutes LOL!
    Oh I definitely agree! ^^
    IMO, Further is great for me since I like the idea of childhood friends being in a romantic relationship, which I actually imagine for this shipping. Until Leaf is introduced, I'm just going to think that amour is the furthershipping that I'm looking for (even if Ash and Serena aren't technically childhood friends).

As for Othello, you are right, age isn't much of a matter. I just really like the thought of Hilda and Ash interacting most of the time. It's not that I hate Iris or anything but it would have been fine for me if Hilda has at least appeared as a recurring character like Gary or Paul. In fact I'd love that idea and have Hilda as Ash's personal rival during BW. Too many missed opportunity in that season. :/

Quote Originally Posted by xEryChan View Post

I definitely do support a couple of these haha and they are Cavaliershipping, Othelloshipping, and Furthershipping.

Cavaliershipping (Gary x Dawn): This is definitely a pairing that got overshadowed by several other DP ships, like Pearl (which is actually my anime OTP, just putting that out there) but I do happen to like it a lot. It's such a cute pairing, if you ask me. I love how Dawn acted when Gary recited all of those poems, that was just so cute. Plus, they would make such an adorable couple, I have to say.

Othelloshipping (Ash x Hilda): Can I just say that I was so heartbroken when they chose to make Iris travel with Ash instead of Hilda? Hilda was, by far, my favorite heroine from the games. I can definitely see Hilda and Ash getting along really well, perhaps like Ash and Dawn did.

Futhershipping (Ash x Leaf): While I really do not like Luckyshipping (Red x Blue from the Manga), I can't help but to ship these two. I really love Leaf's design and I honestly do prefer her over Misty (sorry Misty fans, I do love Misty though). Part of me agrees with some people say that Leaf is actually in the anime in the form of Serena, I think it would have been such a interesting idea if Leaf was in the anime and she and Ash are childhood friends. That's why I love this pairing.

Besides those three, I also do support PokeSilver (Ash x Lyra), Mock (Paul x Ursula), Atmoss (Falkner x ,Skyla) LongTian (Lance x Skyla), Shocking (Volkner x Elesa), and whatever the ship name is for Volkner & Jasmine.

But overall, my favorites are Cavalier, Othello, and Further.
    Wow, and here I thought I was the only one thinking that Leaf may be a childhood friend for Ash.

I definitely agree that it was a major let down that Hilda wasn't even introduced all throughout the BW series (that would have been worth watching for me, IMO. Not that I hate Iris that much but they could have had included Hilda as well).

BTW, I also ship Transrecievershipping (NatexYancy). It's a cute shipping as well. I think it's kinda canon in both game and manga if I recall it. Still, it is a cute shipping.
    Last edited by Setsuna F Seiei; 28th January 2015 at 9:05 PM.
    Sweet Childhood Memories

I thought Gary was originally going to have a bigger role in DP, so I entertained the idea of Cavaliershipping. DP never fulfilled on that expectation, but seeing Dawn fangirl over him minute 1 still left me satisfied nonetheless.

Serena X Paul is also interesting to me. Would like to see a foundation for it near the tail end of XY.

Also, would Sommeliershipping count? Cilan X Iris is the big thing, but I always like Cilan X Burgundy. Blame fanfiction.
    Last edited by Sonic Boom; 29th January 2015 at 12:21 AM.

Wii U NNID: SonicBoom93

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    I thought Gary was originally going to have a bigger role in DP, so I entertained the idea of Cavaliershipping. DP never fulfilled on that expectation, but seeing Dawn fangirl over him minute 1 still left me satisfied nonetheless.

Serena X Paul is also interesting to me. Would like to see a foundation for it near the tail end of XY.

Also, would Sommeliershipping count? Cilan X Iris is the big thing, but I always like Cilan X Burgundy. Blame fanfiction.
    Yes. Sommeliershipping does count and I ship it as well. It's one of the few non-Ash shippings that I support. I have absolutely no idea why Wishfulshipping is so dominant.

Despite Burgundy's behavior, Cilan has always been kind and patient with her and if he could have eventually got through to Burgundy, I could see them working out a bit like how I see Othelloshipping. They share the same goals, but Cilan would be willing to work with her instead of against her, just like Ash and Hilda would with each other!

I've also thought that Burgundy possibly had an emotional issue of some kind, like maybe some severe past emotional trauma. I support this belief also because of her constant interaction with Georgia during times that they met. They did seem kind of like friends to me. Cilan could attempt to figure out what was really wrong and when Cilan could get through to her, that's when their bonding would begin.

Now someone write a chaptered fanfiction story with these ideas and put a little Othelloshipping on the side
    Last edited by Satoshi & Touko; 29th January 2015 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Really wanted to flesh this out!

I love the Max/Bonnie ship, if it counts. Given the unlikelihood of Max ever appearing again he and Bonnie will probably never meet, but I think its a great ship.

Max and Bonnie getting childhood crushes on each other would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I love the Max/Bonnie ship, if it counts. Given the unlikelihood of Max ever appearing again he and Bonnie will probably never meet, but I think its a great ship.

Max and Bonnie getting childhood crushes on each other would be amazing.
    Yup! And I like the idea of that shipping as well. I haven't watched much of the Hoenn series, so I don't know a tremendous amount of info on Max, but I have a strong gut feeling that this would be a good ship. It would be cool if May and Max did appear and the two met. Bonnie likes to try and find Clemont a wife, so it would be so funny to see Clemont doing the same to her asking Max if he would be her husband. Ermagosh, new drabble idea!

Just to let you guys know, Max & Bonnie is called FourthWheelshipping. I wasn't too sure if you guys knew that so I just figured I'd let you know.

Either way, I do happen to like this pairing a lot. I know it's unlikely that we will ever see Max and Bonnie meet on screen but who knows, maybe one day they will meet when they both become trainers. It's unlikely May and Max will appear again, especially since May is traveling by herself, but who knows, it's possible.

3DS Friend Code: 0748-3470-9720
    Tumblr | Ery's Secret Base | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Tactician View Post
    Grimsley x Shauntal: They don't interact, but I think they'd be interesting, with Shauntal being the more responsible of the two.
    I love this one too! I just didn't think it counted as a rare ship, but then again, it has slowed down since Gen V ended... lol

Quote Originally Posted by xEryChan View Post
    AlexandrianShipping OTP~ <3 I would have listed this one too, but I'd just ramble about it and no one would like that. xD

Anyways, a few others popped up in my head:

Spoiler:- another list:

♡ EsotericShipping | JewelLifeShipping | NeoChromeShipping | TriforceShipping | VarianceShipping ♡

Quote Originally Posted by MonMonCandie View Post
    I love this one too! I just didn't think it counted as a rare ship, but then again, it has slowed down since Gen V ended... lol

AlexandrianShipping OTP~ <3 I would have listed this one too, but I'd just ramble about it and no one would like that. xD

Anyways, a few others popped up in my head:

Spoiler:- another list:
    True, it was somewhat popular during Gen V.

And forgot Devilshipping and Valet. ESPECIALLY Devil. That's another one of my top favorites and I'm surprised I forgot it. Phoebe is just my favorite Elite 4 member, and the fan art for it is beyond adorable.

Shalourshipping! Yes, I count this one as rare as of this point because there are fewer than 10 stories still on ff-dot-net. I haven't watched all of the Korrina episodes, but I've seen the first few and this ship is kind of like Othelloshipping!

I remember Ash and Korrina's first interactions and I was able to see for myself the similarities that they had. Something that is a major part of Othelloshipping IMO. Also a major part is having fun with each other with battling and they did that too! Seriously, when am I going to stop drawing parallels to my main OTPs?

Ermagosh! I so clearly remember the moment when Korrina's stomach growled just like when Ash got hungry. I fanboy just thinking about it! I have no idea why
    Last edited by Satoshi & Touko; 30th January 2015 at 7:17 PM. Reason: Awesome ship that needs to be talked about!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast