View Poll Results: What is your favorite "keep away" shipping?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • OrangeShipping (Tracey x Misty)

11 64.71%
  • IkariShipping (Paul x Dawn)

2 11.76%
  • PenguinShipping (Kenny x Dawn)

3 17.65%
  • GeekChicShipping (Serena x Clemont)

1 5.88%

Thread: What is your favorite "keep away" shipping?

Default What is your favorite "keep away" shipping?

In the fandom of Pokemon, a "keep away" shipping is a shipping, usually consists of a female lead and another male character, to keep the said female "away" from Ash Ketchum, the star of the show and by far the most common target of shipping.

There are many "keep away" shippings in Pokemon. Some have relatively strong hints , while for some others, the pairing hardly even interact with each other. In this sense, ContestShipping is probably the strongest "keep away" shipping in Pokemon. However, since there's so much solid hint in it, ContestShipping has entered the mainstream, and can't really be called a "keep away" shipping anymore, which is why ContestShipping is not included in this poll.

Another shipping that would normally qualify as a "keep away" that I'm going to keep out is WishfulShipping. Unlike ContestShipping, WishfulShipping is not here because NegaiShipping never gain as much popularity as other Ash x female lead ships, which means there's not much need for other Ash shippers to "keep her away". Plus, WishfulShipping seems to have more followers than Negai anyway, so like Contest, WishfulShipping has entered the mainstream and is no longer just a pure "keep away".

Nonetheless, what is your favorite of these "keep away" shippings?

EDIT: The choice for GeekChicShipping is messed up, and should be (Clemont x Serena) as the male always comes first.
    Last edited by Deoxyribonucleotides; Yesterday at 12:53 AM.

PenguinShipping for sure, as well as ContestShipping which should still count imho. I always felt that Dawn and Kenny had feelings for each other and the same applies to May and Drew imho. At least both of those ships progressed in their respective sagas in my opinion.

I actually find Orangeshipping cute after seeing Chronicles. I also like the concept and game counterpart to Geekchic, but I haven't watched much of the X and Y anime yet, so I can't comment much on how they work in the actual show.

EDIT: I should also clarify that I'm not fond of the concept of "keep away" pairings. I have to genuinely like a pairing for what it is to support it.

Oddly enough, I don't have an OTP for Ash right now.
    Last edited by Scarlet Tactician; Yesterday at 5:03 AM.

Personally I find OrangeShipping very interesting, with their interactions in the choronicals. However, I didn't really start to ship it until the last episode of BW where Misty invited Tracey to the Cerulean Gym, which gave a lot more legitimacy to this pairing.

Not really a fan of any of them but I guess out of them all (including Contest) OrangeShipping would be my favorite. Plus I liked Tracey and Misty's dynamic the most out of all the other aforementioned characters.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

I'm against the concept of keep-away itself, but Orange is my favorite one out of the bunch.

My deviantART page, check it out if you want.

I don't do "keep away" myself since I multiship, but I do like the main girls with other people other than Ash.

Would Appealshipping (Dawn & Zoey) count? They got along so well, and it seemed like they could balance each other out. And they're always there to help each other when one of them needs it, like when Zoey helped Dawn with her contest, and Dawn helped Zoey when she hurt her leg.

Out of the poll, I chose OrangeShipping (Tracy & Misty). Tracy seems like the man Misty would want (mature, skillful, helpful/thoughtful), and seemed much more relaxed around him than the other people she traveled with. Plus they seemed to be spending a lot of time with each other, and he did breed her a Azurill and visits her often.

I'm starting to get into GeekChicShipping (Clemont & Serena) as well. They both just seem more reserved, so I can see them getting along pretty well. And I think it's cute that they both care and get along with Clemont's sister, Bonnie so well.

Quote Originally Posted by HoundoomFan View Post
    I don't do "keep away" myself since I multiship, but I do like the main girls with other people other than Ash.

Would Appealshipping (Dawn & Zoey) count? They got along so well, and it seemed like they could balance each other out. And they're always there to help each other when one of them needs it, like when Zoey helped Dawn with her contest, and Dawn helped Zoey when she hurt her leg.

Out of the poll, I chose OrangeShipping (Tracy & Misty). Tracy seems like the man Misty would want (mature, skillful, helpful/thoughtful), and seemed much more relaxed around him than the other people she traveled with. Plus they seemed to be spending a lot of time with each other, and he did breed her a Azurill and visits her often.

I'm starting to get into GeekChicShipping (Clemont & Serena) as well. They both just seem more reserved, so I can see them getting along pretty well. And I think it's cute that they both care and get along with Clemont's sister, Bonnie so well.
    I see. I think I probably should have added it into the poll, I guess that because I'm a conservative person that I didn't really give much thought into this pairing and forgot about it.

I say PenguinShipping, but it isn't because of "keep away" reasons. I genuinely like it, as well as ContestShipping. I'm not a fan of the others, unless they're only friendshippy (so nothing romantic).
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

This is rather odd. Dawn had a lot of popular ships not involving Ash. Appealshipping with Zoey was probably the most popular in terms of on-screen interactions. Ikarishipping had way too little Dawn/Paul interaction in canon and its mostly a fanon ship.

I do think Penguinshipping was originally intended to be the next Contestshipping, but Kenny just wasn't a popular character in the fandom, so the writers largely dropped it as the series progressed. By Kenny's last episode Dawn practically friendzoned him.

Contestshipping is arguably the second most popular main character shipping after Pokeshipping, especially since its been around for over a decade now.

My personal favorite is Orangeshipping but I don't see it as a keep away ship. I really like that one and I also like Contest and that's it. Don't like any of the other shipping here, tbh.

3DS FC: 4871-6086-4217
    PokeSpe Club | Secret Base

Huh no wishfullshipping(almost as popular as negai)?