Page 2 of 306 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

hey guys! you can count me in too

What do you like about pearlshipping?

Well I like the unending support Ash and Dawn gives off to each other when one of them is doing a battle or a contest. Although the other past girls of this anime have showns endless support to Ash, Dawn just feels different than the rest. She seems much more involved in Ash's battles and goals. And also how she is always so encouraging when Ash needs some cheering up. The same can be said for Ash when Dawn is in need of help or in a depressed state. All in all, I like pearlshipping because it shows a deeper level of bonding between Ash and Dawn and how there are several hints between these two trainers.

So WB to old Members and Hi to the new Members =D.

Make sure to follow the rules and most importantly have Fun .

Here's the first news for Pearlshippers.
    Story of DP 141 will be written by Pearlshippy writer Tomioka-san.
    Thank goodness Tomi-san is writing at least one Futaba Town Festival episode.

Here's quick preview summary from Newtype website.

フタバ祭りのメインイベント・ポケモンバトル大会。優勝者には、トレーナーが腕試しをする施設 “シンオウ・ バトルフロンティア”を統べる存在“タワータイクーン”のクロツグへの挑戦権が与えられるとあ り、サトシも 参加を決める。

≫脚本=冨岡淳広

Pokemon Battle Contest is Futaba Town Festival's main event.
    Satoshi decides to participate because winner of the Contest will be given an opportunity to battle Sinnoh Battle Frontier's Tower Tycoon Kurotsugu.

>> Story = Tomioka Atsuhiro.
    Wow Nice so maybe we get a hint or something good to watch on this Epispde . It will be nice to see Hikari cheer a lot for Satoshi in the contest and in the battle agaisn't the Tower Tycoon.

And like always Nice fan arts Katsu =D. Love how the Sinnoh Starters are with both of them it looks Cute =D.

I also Found Fan Art on Photobucket searching XD

IDK who made it since found it on Photobucket searching D= =(
    Last edited by Hihiroshi; 12th August 2009 at 12:14 AM.

3DS FC : 1547-5393-2663

Wow Nice so maybe we get a hint or something good to watch on this Epispde . It will be nice to see Hikari cheer a lot for Satoshi in the contest and in the battle agaisn't the Tower Tycoon.
    yeah maybe she dress up as a cheer leader? I like when she dose that. It nice to see that.

nice fan art, it look cute.

I hope this is okay. I just going to post a topic.

What was your top five pearlshipping hints?

I answer it later due to other stuff to do.
    credit to GrovyleCelebi for the banner, come and join us.

I offically claim Cheekyshipping/ Max/Masato x Mira/Miru

Thumbs up Yes

Ooh ooh, I'll join! <3
    What do you like about Pearlshipping?
    What don't I like about Pearlshipping? This shipping is so darn adorable, it almost hurts to see so many hints in the anime ;A; It's really starting to get more and more obvious in the recent episodes, because you can note that Dawn encourages Ash more and more. Idk what episode it was but there was one where Dawn basically exploded saying "ASH IS GONNA WIN ARGH" XD I just love the hints that the creators leave :x *slithers into a dark corner* I'm done I'll shut up now XD

Er... Sorry for not being here all day yesterday. ^^' I was away from the computer and... -rantrantrant- ANYWAYz, the first post has been updated with tons of fanfictions from people here in Sppf, so feel free to check those out while you're at it~

Quote Originally Posted by PK0082 View Post
    フタバ祭りのメインイベント・ポケモンバトル大会。優勝者には、トレーナーが腕試しをする施設“シンオウ・ バトルフロンティア”を統べる存在“タワータイクーン”のクロツグへの挑戦権が与えられるとあり、サトシも 参加を決める。

≫脚本=冨岡淳広

Pokemon Battle Contest is Futaba Town Festival's main event.
    Satoshi decides to participate because winner of the Contest will be given an opportunity to battle Sinnoh Battle Frontier's Tower Tycoon Kurotsugu.

>> Story = Tomioka Atsuhiro.

I expect Hikari will be cheering a lot for Satoshi in this episode.
    Not to mention she always seem to be really focusing on Satoshi's battle in Tomi-san's episodes just like she did in Shinji Vs Satoshi Full Battle (Yeah that one was written by Tomi-san too).
    Really? That sounds really cool! I'm hoping that since this is the town's main event, maybe Dawn will enter it as well alongside Ash. Then, they'll start cheering for each other in each of the battles. =) That would be nice. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by mew151 View Post
    What I at least want for this coupling is Ambipom's return. I still did not like how it left.
    Me too. D: To me, Ambipom (as well as Buizel) was a symbol of their trust (because of the trade). I didn't like seeing her leave because she kinda brought Ash and Dawn together s'more, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by darklord18 View Post
    yeah maybe she dress up as a cheer leader? I like when she dose that. It nice to see that.
    Yeah, Dawn dressing up in her cheerleader outfit would be great. Imagine how Johanna would react if she (Dawn) did dress up? xD Sooo many questions and a lot of teasing would come up. That would be adorable! :3

I'll answer this later as it's hard to pick only five (even though I picked 6 on Pearlshipping Day...). XD But I need to remember them. c:
    Last edited by Yuppirox; 12th August 2009 at 6:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ivanreal View Post
    I want to join too ^^

what do you like about pearlshipping?

I like how ash and dawn always help each other out when the other is sad,also cuz their pokemon like each other,and they traded with each other
    Haha!!! Yes!!! I knew you would join!

Since this is 3.0, do I have to sign up again?

What do I like about Pearlshipping, the list could go on and on, I guess the main thing would be that these two are actually compatible for each other. For the others, I saw no spark. They've shown signs/hints unlike any other ash+??? ship.
    The rain whips the lonely and crushed soul
    The dark clouds are closing fast, the wind is blowing the colors of life away.
    The growing shadow will darken my dreams, and with the fire inside me it feeds
    I'll be screaming in the stars when it's over
    Storms are raging on the path to home, once so silent and calm
    the desperate glare of the dark light is cast on the fallen one
    And when the illusions sigh no more, the journey to new dream will carry on
    'cause life is just a beautiful death

*how did you know,bluemew?* and hi ^,^

1)high touch
    2)they traded their own poke to each other (to help each other since aipom was more interested in contests and buizel with battling so it was a win-win)
    3)darkrai movie when satoshi saves dawn from gallon off the tower
    4)they high 5 I've never seen satoshi do that with misty or may
    5)in hold the phione episode ash and dawn are looking at luvdisc together and that looks cute ^.^
    IGN:Ivan
    White 2 Friend code: 4213 2704 9239

Nice fanart Wil and Katsu Koneko!

Copy and pasties from the last thread. XD
    1. High Touch - The song is just full of hints about them together.
    2. High Fives - When I first saw the episode on the my computer they high fived I had to rewind and see it again almost 50 times! XD Its nice to see Ash giving a high five to Dawn when he barely gives high fives to anyone else.
    3. Tanks for the Memories - Ice Cream date. (: To bad Team Rocket had to screw up the moment.
    4. DP133 - Dawn made a show just for Ash. And to cheer him up. This hint is one of the best ones. (:
    5. Hold The Phione - The both of them saw a school of Luvdisc. And in the pokedex is says when two people see a group of Luvdisc they will be blessed with eternal love! <3

I just copyed and pasted since I still love the same hints. Even though I like every hint. (:
    [IMG]http://i34.*******.com/14cbj2c.jpg[/IMG]
    Throw it away. Forget yesterday. We'll make the great escape.
    We won't hear a word they say. They don't know us anyway.
    Watch it burn. Let it die. Cause we are finally free tonight.

What are your top five Pearlshipping hints?
    1. The 11th movie. All of it.
    2. When Ash and Dawn were riding the Mantine. Some people wouldn't consider this a real hint but...idk I just really like that LOL <3
    3. The fact that Dawn cheers Ash on all too often.
    4. Idk if anyone else noticed it, but Ash protects Dawn a lot. He even cheers her up when she's really sad c:
    ...and yea I don't have a 5th one LOL

[B]What are your top five Pearlshipping hints
    1. The holding hands scene from The Rise Of Darkrai movie.

2. DP61, when Ash looked grief-stricken after Dawn's second first round contest loss. He never did that with May or Misty.

3. Tanks For The Memories- When Ash noticed that Dawn was crying and looked sad and later when they had that "ice cream date".

4. High Touch- Where Ash and Dawn sing in a duet and say the words "Protecting me" and Saving me" which sounded Pearlshippy

5. Hold The Phione- Ash and Dawn seeing a school of Luvdisc together held a huge significance because another couple saw a luvdisc and said they would be in love forever.
    Last edited by Adelaide1994; 12th August 2009 at 6:30 PM.

I want in too I made a couple of posts in the old one. You can put my banner in the fanart thing if you want but I'm not fussed.

BTW were there any hints in DP138?
    Team Rocket: Built On Lies

Set after the events of Operation Tempest, Giovanni's next scheme plans to send the whole world into ruin. But how will Team Rocket cope when they realize that Operation Tempest changed Giovanni forever...

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Built-On-Lies

Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1891 - 1654 - 1184

~Made by Me!!~

Pearlshipping Rules!!

Wow! Seems like Satoshi got embarassed after doing something in front of Hikari and her mom! Yeah, Satoshi's mom and Hikari's mom talking to each other, this is like the first time it happened in the anime. I have to say that we are heading to a group of good episodes and I really expect good hints and developments for pearlshipping.

I hope his blushing was something releated to Hikari...

And, one more thing....I'd LOVE to see Hikari blushing..
    Last edited by Brazillianguy; 13th August 2009 at 7:51 PM.
    To live is to remember

I wanna join too!
    My Top 5 Pearlshipping Hints:
    1. The song High Touch!
    2. Dawn's over-enthusiastic approach to cheering Ash on
    3. Buneary's crush over Pikachu
    4. Ash defending Dawn when she is insulted by Ursula in 'Another One Gabite's The Dust!'
    5. The two overlooking a school of Luvdisc in 'Hold the Phione!' - this last one's debatable but I like the idea of these quirky Pokémon traditions having some truth to it!

(raising eyebrow, then chuckling warmly) Greetings once more, fellow Pearlshippers, and allow me to congratulate pokefan#493 and WGCV23 for a steady job in getting this new thread up and running – and credit PKLegendHeroe for a laudable salute to the rest of us. I also see some new members here that I don’t recall from my first entry into the discussion about Ash and Dawn’s romantic friendship, as well as some more recent members from the past week. For the moment, however, I wish to offer the following answers in order to mark the renewal of my alliance with the Serebii Pearlshippers, with a certain presence in this fresh, new thread.:

What do you like about Pearlshipping?

Leave it to me to commend Ash and Dawn’s equality and similar thought processes as enhancing their effectiveness at promoting freedom and peace between not just each other, but also their Pok&#233;mon. These two trainers have spent a lot of time training with each other in pursuit of their respective goals, exchanging battling strategies and high-fives with each other. In the process, they have developed their own special catch phrase, one that should most certainly embody confidence, “No need to worry!”, and they seem to react the same way to any situation they confront together, whether they’re fleeing a Pok&#233;mon that has a penchant for possessing various appliances and bringing them to life, cheering for each other in any competition, or teaming up against an organization that attacked a research facility and stole two priceless orbs in order to bring about the end of the Pok&#233;mon world. This basic confidence between Ash and Dawn, even, nay, especially in the face of apocalyptic darkness, should prove most invaluable to these two kids and inspire the rest of us for the future.

What are your top five Pearlshipping hints?

Perhaps my most recent choices will be effective in communicating my overall interest in Ash and Dawn’s bond, as I stated in the last Pearlshipping thread.:

1. “High Touch” – This song summarizes Pearlshipping’s basic dynamic most impressively, communicating the joy that Ash and Dawn feel in being together with each other, even utilizing their standard high-five as its highlight.
    2. Ash and Dawn’s ice cream date – It’s a simple moment between them, but I’d say that Ash and Dawn enjoyed each other’s company in the wake of Ash’s concern for Dawn in the wake of her Solaceon Contest loss.
    3. Ash and Dawn’s battling partnership – One might guess here that the synchronization between their Pok&#233;mon can symbolize the synchronization between their personalities, so that Ash and Dawn are able to overcome any opponent they face together, no matter how exceptionally powerful said opponent, whether human or Pok&#233;mon (hint, hint), is.
    4. Dawn’s cheerleading routine – I could never get tired of seeing Dawn go this far in cheering for Ash to win his gym battles, and perhaps Ash will be no less happy to see such a performance to boost his confidence… or even reciprocate with his own.
    5. “Hold the Phione”, “Doc Brock” (tie) – Ash and Dawn looked like parents to their Pok&#233;mon kids as they looked out of that submarine to view those Phione, and they acted as such during Pachirisu’s electricity overload, with Ash’s concern for Dawn in the latter emphasizing that attribute even further.

Thus does my assessment of Ash and Dawn’s romantic friendship stand, based on the attributes I have sensed from the two of them together. They may be strong already as individual trainers, but how much more influential could they be as a couple? I trust that Ash and Dawn’s love will light the way to a future of sincere happiness and truth for them and their friends, and I will most certainly support that bond to the best of my ability.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

i am still alive, can i join the family ?

episode 138 looked good, i hope it's a blush from ash but pikachu sweatdropped so i think it could be from embarassment

also people who cannot find recent subbed episodes pm me
    Last edited by Misterx; 13th August 2009 at 11:46 PM.

yeah I just saw the episode. I have to say Ash bushing infront of Dawn mum was funny.

yeah I wonder what their mum were talking about.

anyway on to the topic.

1 is high touch
    2 High five?
    3 When Ash ask Dawn if she was okay and she saids she had dirt in her eys.
    4 when Ash stand up for Dawn in DP114
    5 when Ash bush in DP138.
    credit to GrovyleCelebi for the banner, come and join us.

I offically claim Cheekyshipping/ Max/Masato x Mira/Miru

DP 138 was a great episode. ^^ I loved the way Ash always looked at Dawn in the episode when she was excited about going home. Also, the blush he gave off, why did he get embarrassed? XD Dawn and Johanna gave him... odd looks for the cause of his behavior. Ah, I can't give a solid reason without seeing the ep first. >.<

Anyway, Dawn and Johanna met Delia via video phone. And we know that Prof. Oak is coming to Twinleaf... perhaps Delia will tag along with him and meet up with everyone at Twinleaf? I still hope Delia and Dawn (and Johanna) get more time to get to know each other. What did Delia say to embarrass Ash over the phone? I wanna know xD!

I can't wait for the rest of the Twinleaf arc to pass by. So suspenseful!

Also, welcome new members! Sylva, I'll make sure to include your banner. Thanks for the offer~
    Last edited by Yuppirox; 14th August 2009 at 3:13 AM.

I haven't watched the episode because I fell a sleep. -_-;;

Here's what I heard though;

- Curiously, both Hikari and Satoshi reads the episode title at the beginning.
    - Satoshi goes off for awhile (to check out the town), but comes back just in time to watch Hikari's battle.
    - Satoshi tells Hikari that her hometown feels a lot like his hometown, and Hikari gives him a smile.

I hope I can watch this episode soon...

Unlike when Uxie episode aired, no satohika fans are complaining over DP 138 at Japanese fan board.
    Everyone seem to be really satisfied on two mothers' conversation.

It does seem like Satoshi will be staying at Hikari's house for like three more episodes.
    Who knows what will happen? XD

Not to mention Tomi-san's episode will be out soon too.
    Last edited by pK'; 14th August 2009 at 3:52 PM.

*pops in out of nowhere* Hello! May I join this discussion as well?

Of course I'm here because I am a Pearlshipper. I do see a lot of good hints for this ship and I think their personalities go quite well together. Of course I think it's just adorable too.

Could I join as well. While I do think Pearlshipping is just the usual, AshxLead Female (XD) I still love the ship. =)

While I am quite disapointed by the lack of any good hints, I do think they have a unique bond, which could, quite possibly lead to something more. And in a few episodes, they both have their moment together that make you go 'aww'. That and my little brother who's only 6, thinks Ash and Dawn are perfect for each other. XD

I actually liked the ship because of Fanart really. Hehe. My favorite moment...of which I can remember is when Dawn is crying, and Ash walks over, and she hurriedly tries to wipe her eyes, and he asks if she has dirt in her eyes. *did not just see that on TV*

A new generation of Pokemon has begun.
    The Kalos region awaits. Prepare yourself...

Man I should really not spoil myself about DP138. I fell asleep too and didn't catch it. -fails-

I hope to see it soon~ owo

Well I found this just adorable fanart on pixiv! It's based on the water scene in Movie 12 <3

Spoiler:- fanart:
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/1zq7mte.jpg[/IMG]
    S A T O H I K A
    PearlShipper since 2006

Hey please may I join? TI've been a Pearlshipper for AGES now since it was the first shipping I've ever truly supported, well Contest was the first but this shipping is definatley the one I fell Head-over-heels for!

I like Pearlshipping because Ash and Dawn have a really great relationship already; you can tell Dawn looks up to Ash and trusts him completely, and Ash is always there cheering Dawn on and helping her to be a better trainer and because of that the have become really close already! I mean other shippers might not think a High Five is all that shippy but there had to be a reason behind the effects used the first time! And High Touch, No one can deny that "Loving each other's smiles." isn't shippy!

Anyways I wonder why Ash was blushing in that pic? He was cheering for something on minute then he got embaressed! I haven't seen Ashy-boy blush like that for a while!

It does seem like Satoshi will be staying at Hikari's house for like three more episodes.
    Who knows what will happen? XD
    Wouldn't it be cute if Hikari unpacks all her stuff then Satoshi just happens to find her diary?? I would love to see that! XD

Welcome all new members to the Pearlshipping Thread! Make sure to follow the rules and have fun discussing about SatoHika~ :3

Quote Originally Posted by PK0082 View Post
    - Curiously, both Hikari and Satoshi reads the episode title at the beginning.
    - Satoshi goes off for awhile (to check out the town), but comes back just in time to watch Hikari's battle.
    - Satoshi tells Hikari that her hometown feels a lot like his hometown, and Hikari gives him a smile.
    I kinda suspected Ash would make a comment about Twinleaf. After all, Twinleaf is the only town Ash has been in that belonged to a main character that has that 'Pallet Town' feel to it. xD He'll feel right at home for when they get married and move there together *shot*

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsurge View Post

While I am quite disapointed by the lack of any good hints, I do think they have a unique bond, which could, quite possibly lead to something more. And in a few episodes, they both have their moment together that make you go 'aww'. That and my little brother who's only 6, thinks Ash and Dawn are perfect for each other. XD
    Welcome to the thread! Yes, there is a lack of 'real' shippy hints for Pearlshipping, but you have to admit, they have a damn strong bond. :3 I wouldn't be surprised if the writers do pull some romantic moments between the two and, you're right. They do have 'aww' moments. xD

Your 6 year-old brother thinks they're perfect for each other? I can see why... xP

Quote Originally Posted by Katsu Koneko View Post
    Well I found this just adorable fanart on pixiv! It's based on the water scene in Movie 12 <3
        Spoiler:- fanart:
    That pic is adorable~ The look on Ash's face is priceless. XD I wouldn't be surprised if they drew him drooling, too lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TopazPikachu View Post
    I mean other shippers might not think a High Five is all that shippy but there had to be a reason behind the effects used the first time! And High Touch, No one can deny that "Loving each other's smiles." isn't shippy!
    That's what I think, too! C'mon, how can that NOT mean anything? Even if great friends do that, you don't see Ash giving those out to Brock, Misty or May, who all have been traveling with Ash longer than Dawn has. It has to mean something. I, for one, find those to be quite shippy. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by TopazPikachu View Post
    Wouldn't it be cute if Hikari unpacks all her stuff then Satoshi just happens to find her diary?? I would love to see that! XD
    Oh my gosh, that would be awesome. XD In it he'll see so many secrets withheld for only Dawn's eyes to see, and he finds out a lot of things about her. Imagine she had in there things like "Ash is so brave!", "Ash is so cool!" and "Ash is so cute!"? Ash's reaction would be cute, hilarious, and awesome! He'll then start thinking if she liked him or not and realizes his own feelings toward her. :3 Ahhh, that would be nice.

Guys I have seen dp 138...have you seen ash putting his hand on the face because dawn's pokemon were under attack? This was a hint too! So, I loved the idea of the diary and I really expect good hints for the next episodes!

Anyway, back on to the topic:
    1-high touch song
    2-at the end of dp 132 dawn said "satoshi" because she was very worried about the destiny of ash's battle
    3-dawn's hands zoom on dp 131
    4- dp 0061
    5- cheerleading routine and high fives!
    To live is to remember

Page 2 of 306 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast