(raising eyebrow, then chuckling warmly) Greetings once more, fellow Pearlshippers, and allow me to congratulate pokefan#493 and WGCV23 for a steady job in getting this new thread up and running – and credit PKLegendHeroe for a laudable salute to the rest of us. I also see some new members here that I don’t recall from my first entry into the discussion about Ash and Dawn’s romantic friendship, as well as some more recent members from the past week. For the moment, however, I wish to offer the following answers in order to mark the renewal of my alliance with the Serebii Pearlshippers, with a certain presence in this fresh, new thread.:
What do you like about Pearlshipping?
Leave it to me to commend Ash and Dawn’s equality and similar thought processes as enhancing their effectiveness at promoting freedom and peace between not just each other, but also their Pokémon. These two trainers have spent a lot of time training with each other in pursuit of their respective goals, exchanging battling strategies and high-fives with each other. In the process, they have developed their own special catch phrase, one that should most certainly embody confidence, “No need to worry!”, and they seem to react the same way to any situation they confront together, whether they’re fleeing a Pokémon that has a penchant for possessing various appliances and bringing them to life, cheering for each other in any competition, or teaming up against an organization that attacked a research facility and stole two priceless orbs in order to bring about the end of the Pokémon world. This basic confidence between Ash and Dawn, even, nay, especially in the face of apocalyptic darkness, should prove most invaluable to these two kids and inspire the rest of us for the future.
What are your top five Pearlshipping hints?
Perhaps my most recent choices will be effective in communicating my overall interest in Ash and Dawn’s bond, as I stated in the last Pearlshipping thread.:
1. “High Touch” – This song summarizes Pearlshipping’s basic dynamic most impressively, communicating the joy that Ash and Dawn feel in being together with each other, even utilizing their standard high-five as its highlight.
2. Ash and Dawn’s ice cream date – It’s a simple moment between them, but I’d say that Ash and Dawn enjoyed each other’s company in the wake of Ash’s concern for Dawn in the wake of her Solaceon Contest loss.
3. Ash and Dawn’s battling partnership – One might guess here that the synchronization between their Pokémon can symbolize the synchronization between their personalities, so that Ash and Dawn are able to overcome any opponent they face together, no matter how exceptionally powerful said opponent, whether human or Pokémon (hint, hint), is.
4. Dawn’s cheerleading routine – I could never get tired of seeing Dawn go this far in cheering for Ash to win his gym battles, and perhaps Ash will be no less happy to see such a performance to boost his confidence… or even reciprocate with his own.
5. “Hold the Phione”, “Doc Brock” (tie) – Ash and Dawn looked like parents to their Pokémon kids as they looked out of that submarine to view those Phione, and they acted as such during Pachirisu’s electricity overload, with Ash’s concern for Dawn in the latter emphasizing that attribute even further.
Thus does my assessment of Ash and Dawn’s romantic friendship stand, based on the attributes I have sensed from the two of them together. They may be strong already as individual trainers, but how much more influential could they be as a couple? I trust that Ash and Dawn’s love will light the way to a future of sincere happiness and truth for them and their friends, and I will most certainly support that bond to the best of my ability.
Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.