Page 168 of 320 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast
Results 4,176 to 4,200 of 7978

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Just popping up to add that I'm still following the thread too, still a fan of Pearlshipping, I just don't really post much as I don't really have much to add to speculation, sorry. I'd love to see Dawn show up again in the main series (though it'd sure be odd to see her drawn in the new art style), but its always hard to guess when. It'll probably just be at a random point, like with Misty just suddenly showing up. At least May's cameo tied in surprisingly well into Dawn's own development, but then they both share the same career so that helps.

I'm still mostly expecting Dawn to show up, although I am thrown off by how big the reset of the show was. I hadn't watched the entire episodes until they were dubbed, and ugh, they had to re-explain to Ash the whole thing about the Joy family. Hopefully he won't get amnesia about too much other stuff, like old friends, if/when they ever show up. At least Dawn actually had her own special dedicated to her own journey.

Sometimes Gyms go fast, sometimes they go slow. I mean during Sinnoh there was what, a year-long gap between Ash's seventh and eighth Gym battles? Although there was a lot happening in that year (Dawn's Grand Festival, the Team Galactic finale, etc.). I remember the good old days when Ash went through the whole of Kanto in just a year, wow that seems insanely fast these days.

Its always annoying when the stretch between Gyms are stretched out, although during Hoenn and Sinnoh that was partially because the series was also focusing on Contests, but they do have to wait for the next generation. Although B/W's pace is almost unusually fast. Less than a year since B/W came out, and Ash is already past his third Gym. At this rate B/W could last only two years, though I expect there'll be bigger gaps by the later Gyms. During the third and fourth gen, May and Dawn shared Ash's lead character role, so there was more stuff to do, but not sure what B/W will do yet.

Unless they really do go through Unova that fast, then go to Hoenn or something when the Ruby/Sapphire remake hits. That would tie in nicely to where Dawn would be, kind of like how Misty showed up at the beginning of the Battle Frontier saga (just wish I had actually seen those episodes, unfortunately). Well, one can hope anyway.

hey guys its been a long time and I will never give up on Pearlshipping!!!!! I am enjoying BW and am getting into Wishfulshipping! so I would love it if Dawn to come and give Ash a vist in Unova and then we get a Dawn vs Iris battle for Ash and we would all want Dawn to win that.
    All true power as love in it to make it strong.

Love is Love!!

Quick post:

Will Dawn get a cameo? If so, what'll it be like?
    Certainly an overly pearl-y episode would be great, but I don't want to get hopes up dangerously high unnecessarily. Seeing it strictly from a pragmatic and objective perspective, I'd expect there to be a cameo at some point either later in BW or in the eventual Champion's League (I've gone over this several times before, you know what I think will happen at the end of BW).

Then again, it's entirely possible that Dawn won't have a cameo at all, for one simple reason: only Misty has ever shown up in a SS episode and come back for more. Technically, SS001 and SS002 follow a similar pattern to SS024 and SS025, but May never showed up in an SS episode, and DID have a cameo. This may seem a bit convoluted, but Misty had unprecedented support, so she clearly got a large chunk of "extra" SS time, plus a cameo. May and Dawn, by the very nature of how they were brought into the show, lack this same support, and therefore don't necessarily get both a side episode, and a cameo.
    There's another reason that a cameo might not happen, at least during BW. If BW's so fast-paced, taking up 2-3 episodes for a Dawn cameo doesn't make much sense. Not to mention, there's no clear reason for Dawn to show up in Unova, it would take some odd explanations of Unova's connection to the rest of the pokemon world, etc. etc.

That said, I do expect at least one more appearance by Dawn before Pokemon's approaching conclusion. So what happens during that episode? Simply put, more of the same. We probably won't get pearlshipping, just more of those great Ash/Dawn friendship moments we've gotten all along. Simply put, unless the anime writers decide to make one of the side-plots of the Champions League be Ash's awakened sense of "oh hey, girls", it's unlikely.

That said.... speculation time!!
    When BW's all said and done, Ash almost certainly will have won. He has to beat his new Unova rival in the semi-finals or above (given pokemon anime logic), so he'll probably win the whole thing. That means he qualifies for the Champions League, which was set up so carefully in the Sinnoh Saga. What does that mean? Ash *has* to head back to Sinnoh to compete in the League. That not only makes a reappearance by Dawn almost ensured, but it also means that the pokemon anime is almost over. After all, the moment Ash becomes a Pokemon Champion, the main series is finally, finally, finally over. Given that, there are some unfinished bits of business. Technically, Ash is still in need of serious character development. He doesn't have a love interest, his father's still AWOL, etc. etc. etc. I would expect most of that to be handled during the Champion's League, if for no other reason than that they need to fill an entire season with what amounts to five six-on-six battles. I would also expect almost every major character to show up again. Maybe not Dento and Iris (since they technically are gym leaders in a far-off land), but Brock, Max, May, Misty, and Dawn would quite literally have to be there when Ash wins, with people like the Oaks, the families, the rivals, etc. all either in attendance or watching intently from home. That, plus the awakened love interest possibilities and the inevitable successes of May and Dawn in winning Grand Festivals (again, following Pokemon logic, neither can lose before the finals, and whoever has their GF shown will have to do better, which means win) means that the anime will be breaking a ton of new ground. There's no telling where this whole thing will end up.

Anyways, that wasn't actually a short post. Let me know what you think! I gotta hit the sack, so g'night!
    Last edited by Facescar; 21st March 2011 at 10:14 AM.
    FanFiction Profile! (3/1 update: What's Left Unsaid, Chpt. 6)
    Please leave a review to help me improve!
    Click here for story progress updates

I think that was very good but if Ash wins the UL he can't go and fight the Sinnoh CL he would haf to fight the Unova CL and all of his friends would come from Kanto, Hoenn and Sinnoh to watch him and I bet Dawn would dress up as a cheerleader for that. But I don't think that will happen cuz I have a feeling the that the Sinnoh Chap will be taking part in the Unova League cuz she does show up in the games so that's how he is going to battle her with out going back to sinnoh but Dawn will eather come to watch him live or we will she her glued to the tv to watch him

Love is Love!!

Quote Originally Posted by ice_wolf-146 View Post
    I think that was very good but if Ash wins the UL he can't go and fight the Sinnoh CL he would haf to fight the Unova CL and all of his friends would come from Kanto, Hoenn and Sinnoh to watch him and I bet Dawn would dress up as a cheerleader for that.
    Not necessarily.
    I might not know much, since I haven't been watching BW lately, but the Sinnoh Elite Four isn't just for Sinnoh. It's considered a supreme "Champions League". To be honest, all the time they spent developing those guys makes no sense if they're just throwing it out now. They never built up the elite four from Johto or Hoenn to be this elite group (though for Kanto they probably did so just as a result of them thinking it would be a one-and-done deal).

But I don't think that will happen cuz I have a feeling the that the Sinnoh Chap will be taking part in the Unova League cuz she does show up in the games so that's how he is going to battle her with out going back to sinnoh but Dawn will eather come to watch him live or we will she her glued to the tv to watch him
    That is a good point, but regardless of whether the champion's league is in Unova or Sinnoh (or even Kanto, who knows), all the characters will be there all the same for that final battle, I can guarantee you that.

Regardless, PS ftw!
    FanFiction Profile! (3/1 update: What's Left Unsaid, Chpt. 6)
    Please leave a review to help me improve!
    Click here for story progress updates

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!
    This May, Disney XD Japan's airing the DP series again over there!!! Which means Hikari won't be forgotten as much and the SatoHika-ness will still live over there!!!! This is the best birthday present of 2011, oh I feel so fluffy inside because the epic series will re-enter Japan for the first time. I hope that her popularity and her pairing with Satoshi will linger in Nippon that she might make a good come back in the near future.
    I'm not giving up on you. You don't understand this yet, but people need you.
    ~Tadashi Hamada

^ I did not think of that untill now I hope they give Dawn a spin off of her in Hoenn and she gets two new teavle partners this time a girl who is rich and a guy who just wants to see the world and he hits on Dawn but every time she says there's someone eles sorry and we will all know who she is talking about!!!!! :P

Love is Love!!

Hey guys, it's been a long, long time.

Well, in the first place, I've got to say that I'm very happy Pearlshipping thread is more than alive, and I'm sharing with you these feeling because I miss so much back there in the middle of the Sinnoh saga, when I was in school, when we all discussed about the last and the next episode, and I happily and full of hopes lied in my bad, reading Pearlshipping thread 2.0 before sleeping, thinking about some reflection that Angelo posted, or even thinking about how would be PK0082's next episode summary, but always thinking about Pearlshipping, watching videos and listening to songs that bring this ship a little closer. Well, old times.

And those 'old times' were until DP's last episode, when I was at the most important moment of my entire life, which would prove that, since 2008 until 2010, Pearlshipping would have an every-day participation in my life, in my growth. Just for you to know, in 2008 I was at my first high school year, and in 2011 I'm in my first college year, which followed that important moment, prepairing myself for the test that made my dream of studying in Brazil's most traditional law school a reality. Thus, I can safely assume Pearlshipping was an essential part in my life. Since 2008 I discovered love sometimes in real life, and ever tried to make it pure like it could possibly be with Ash and Dawn, Satoshi and Hikari. A mirror.

I had dreams and hopes about Pearlshipping (and still have, but today things are different), as most of you my interest in Pokemon came back with Pearlshipping, I smiled, I cried (like I'm doing now, as I remember the old times, the old routine), I also watched episodes we consider important for Pearlshipping a milion times. You may ask if I can speculate with the same faith we all had before. My answer would be 'I don't know', but that Pearlshipping spirit has really came back tonight, and I'm really happy to be sharing with you my feelings now, lied in my bed, at Pearlshipping thread, before sleeping, like the good, old... times.
    To live is to remember

Yes, I really miss the old times, too. For me, pearlshipping took place during my senior year in high school, and then the first three years of college. It got me through a ton of tough times. Maybe BW will do the same, but it hasn't happened yet.

I really enjoyed your post Brazillianguy; I've been thinking of writing something like that, but that's 50x better than what I could have written.

Dawn was the best female character in the saga pokemon in my opinion
    Sorry if you don't understand me, i'm french, so is not so easy to speak english for me

I'm a pearlshipper fan, and I hope you will see dawn again, not in BW because there is no contest at unova, but in the next seasons it would be great to see Dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazillianguy View Post
    Hey guys, it's been a long, long time.

Well, in the first place, I've got to say that I'm very happy Pearlshipping thread is more than alive, and I'm sharing with you these feeling because I miss so much back there in the middle of the Sinnoh saga, when I was in school, when we all discussed about the last and the next episode, and I happily and full of hopes lied in my bad, reading Pearlshipping thread 2.0 before sleeping, thinking about some reflection that Angelo posted, or even thinking about how would be PK0082's next episode summary, but always thinking about Pearlshipping, watching videos and listening to songs that bring this ship a little closer. Well, old times.

And those 'old times' were until DP's last episode, when I was at the most important moment of my entire life, which would prove that, since 2008 until 2010, Pearlshipping would have an every-day participation in my life, in my growth. Just for you to know, in 2008 I was at my first high school year, and in 2011 I'm in my first college year, which followed that important moment, prepairing myself for the test that made my dream of studying in Brazil's most traditional law school a reality. Thus, I can safely assume Pearlshipping was an essential part in my life. Since 2008 I discovered love sometimes in real life, and ever tried to make it pure like it could possibly be with Ash and Dawn, Satoshi and Hikari. A mirror.

I had dreams and hopes about Pearlshipping (and still have, but today things are different), as most of you my interest in Pokemon came back with Pearlshipping, I smiled, I cried (like I'm doing now, as I remember the old times, the old routine), I also watched episodes we consider important for Pearlshipping a milion times. You may ask if I can speculate with the same faith we all had before. My answer would be 'I don't know', but that Pearlshipping spirit has really came back tonight, and I'm really happy to be sharing with you my feelings now, lied in my bed, at Pearlshipping thread, before sleeping, like the good, old... times.
    WOW...I think you just made me cry. That was amazing...and me to...
    I miss the good ol' days but every now and then here at the Pearlshipping thread we have a few moments like we did back then..and you know what I'm not giving up...we still have HOPE!!!
    Just like foxcrystal says their putting the DP series back up..and that's the best we've got for now...so ya ummm...KEEP THE FLAME ALIVE!! PEARLSHIPPING GOOOOO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl-Chan! View Post
    WOW...I think you just made me cry. That was amazing...and me to...
    I miss the good ol' days but every now and then here at the Pearlshipping thread we have a few moments like we did back then..and you know what I'm not giving up...we still have HOPE!!!
    Just like foxcrystal says their putting the DP series back up..and that's the best we've got for now...so ya ummm...KEEP THE FLAME ALIVE!! PEARLSHIPPING GOOOOO!!!!

There is an other DP season?

^Sadly No..the Japanese Disney XD channel is just replaying the last DP series
    But it's still a good thing anyway..GO PEARLSHIPING!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by foxkrystal View Post
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!
    This May, Disney XD Japan's airing the DP series again over there!!! Which means Hikari won't be forgotten as much and the SatoHika-ness will still live over there!!!! This is the best birthday present of 2011, oh I feel so fluffy inside because the epic series will re-enter Japan for the first time. I hope that her popularity and her pairing with Satoshi will linger in Nippon that she might make a good come back in the near future.
    good news!

pearlshipping alive!
    pearlshipping returns!

Dragon Ball Forever!!

Pearlshipping Forever!!

Misty may have gave him a lure
    May may have gave him a ribbon
    But Dawn gave him her heart

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Reruns, eh? It's all right. Nothing beats new episodes, but reruns are acceptable, considering some people may not have access to internet for some reason. Huh. Why do I have the urge to watch it anyway?

Well, like many great series with a great start but slowly lagged in quality while the show progresses because they HAD to implement their "plan B", Diamond and Pearl is a treasure to me. The story is so well-executed for a 4 year series and if they left out that very small pool of unnecessary episodes, including ones that are like 3/4 pointless (or whatever), we could have gotten a much better batch of League episodes. There's also things here and there I felt are insignificant to DP, but whatever. It's been done.

I feel DP series as the only series Tomioka looked really forward on, being involved in many episodes compared to the previous and the current series. It's a shame his work cannot be all produce as his League episodes took a large dive from what I'm speculating. I had hopes he would bring in the GSC hero and heroine (Jimmy and Marina) from the little bits of advertisements we saw, showing us Marina performing, but it seems avoided.

Pearlshipping is the first coupling I took heavily serious on and it is still stuck in my heart. I find it hard to let that go, even with BW airing. Ash and Dawn's attachment with each other, even if it was originally for advertisement, is something I grew fond of. Therefore, I feel very attached to this pairing comparing to the other pairs.

Since DP started, from the series throughout and the movies, I always start paying attention for Ash+Dawn. Everything else was 2nd.
    "Real life is heartbreak, despair, kid. Sometimes you get to the end of the rainbow, the leprechauns went and booby-trapped it."

Credits to pokefan#493. Thank you very much.

Hey Everyone,

Just thought I'd stop by and see how this thread is going. By the looks of it, there are still many active posters (people posting?) and discussion is still at large for the most part.

Brazzilianguy's post really got me thinking about DP and how it's gone now. When I think about it, It really gets me sad. But there are always chances for cameos so that always brings up my spirit.

I think that they could bring Dawn in as a person that designs clothes for the Pokemon Musicals. She did say that she was doing that for Buneary and they might also use Hoenn as an excuse to bring her in for a cameo (she got invited to design clothes for the musical or something).

Pearlshipping forever,
    Kaush22

Sinnoh, Classic.

That's great how they're rerunning Diamond and Pearl in Japan, as you all know reruns in Japan are rare. This proves how popular the saga was. Satohika lives!!!!
    Sigh, I would do anything to read a new fanfiction of pearlshipping, any suggestions? I'd write one but I have no writing talent whatsoever.
    I agree with Kaush22, Dawn could come back to design costumes for pokemon musicals

~Made by Me!!~

Pearlshipping Rules!!

I don't think. You will not see Dawn in Bw
    But after Bw, everything can happen

In the first season of Dp we didn't see May, but in the 12th you see her again.

So maybe we will see Dawn in the 2nd season of Bw during the league
    Last edited by iygt; 26th March 2011 at 11:59 AM.

Yeah, its nice to hear DP is at least in reruns in Japan. Dawn getting her own special after the series ended helped keep her character from completely fading away like most of the other cast members have after they left the show. Brock getting a special I could understand, since he has probably been on the show the longest after Ash and Pikachu and the Rockets, but was pleasantly surprised Dawn had a special as well. Although that special mostly ignored how she was at the end of Sinnoh, with her just focusing on a new journey (which is kind of annoying since when Ash left she stayed behind for Buneary's career). Oh well, if Ash passes through Hoenn again, maybe they'll bump into her and she did have a thing for designing clothes, although that depends on when musicals will pop up. They're not a central element like contests were during AG and DP, but they'll show up at one point definitely.

I have fond memories of Pearlshipping too. I've followed at least some of Ash's possible couplings over the years, but after Misty left, nobody seemed to come close in terms of chemistry... until Dawn showed up. Nice personality and nice partnership with Ash, with Ash as a somewhat experienced trainer, but they were both still working on their goals. I know the series always resets things every few years, but at least in DP Ash wasn't a complete beginner. It also helped that DP was put together better than earlier series, with recurring characters, rivals, and even the video game's main plot. We're all nostalgic for the first season, but it was a pretty random series, and by the end of Johto the fillers were almost unbearable. Hoenn wasn't much improvement in that department, and while DP still had fillers, and the League still came up short, it just did a lot of things better, like the ups and downs of Ash and Dawn's journeys. Fourth gen will probably remain my favorite for a long time, game and anime wise, unless the fifth gen turns out better than I'm expecting (so far the anime isn't really impressing me much... Oshawott is a poor man's Piplup so far). My only regret is that my interest was mostly burned out after AG, so I didn't watch the first season (although when I was catching up it was fun), and the first dub opening didn't do it any favors, although the subsequent dub opening songs were surprisingly good, just too bad they've never had full versions (I think).
    Last edited by Animefan145; 26th March 2011 at 10:12 AM.

I live in France, we are during the Gf final at the moment
    Channel : disney xd
    Last edited by iygt; 26th March 2011 at 6:41 PM.

^At least where you live DP isn't over!! The thread is
    going bak down guys!! Let's keep it ALIVE!!!! PEARLSHIPPING!!!!!!!!!

PearlShipping is a live in the US still, it airs in reruns on Cartoon Network. Its always fun to rewatch the little moments they had.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

...it's been awhile since I've been here. I still check this thread every other day, and I'm still a faithful pearlshipper. but, I've just been so caught up in life and stuff that I haven't had that much time to post on here.

well, at least the thread's still alive! not as active as before, but still alive. :)

*sigh* I remember the good old days when we'd be discussing about the past week's episode, and speculating on what Pearlshippy hints we could possibly get in the next week's episode.
    those were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl
    PearlShipping is a live in the US still, it airs in reruns on Cartoon Network. Its always fun to rewatch the little moments they had.
    yep, that's true!
    every single time I hear that a Pokemon DP episode is coming up next on Cartoon Network, I can't help but sit and watch the whole episode, counting out all the cute interactions and hints I can find. I am such a geek. (x
    but it's just fun to relive the moments. :D

and it's nice to hear that they're showing reruns of Pokemon DP on Disney XD Japan. Pearlshipping won't be forgotten just yet!

and, I wrote a new fanfic! it's going to be a multi-chaptered one.
    it's called Always. I hope you like it. (:

about Dawn's cameo: yeah, I really hope she has one.

I just hope we'll see Dawn at least one more time, and we'll have a chance for more opportunities for Pearlshipping.
    even if it's just something small, at least it's something. (:
    Last edited by rioT6296; 2nd April 2011 at 3:11 PM.
    YouTube Channel | FanFiction Profile

Proud Supporter of Pearlshipping!! (: and
    Contestshipping | Wishfulshipping | Egoshipping | Oldrivalshipping | Specialshipping

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl-Chan! View Post
    ^At least where you live DP isn't over!! The thread is
    going bak down guys!! Let's keep it ALIVE!!!! PEARLSHIPPING!!!!!!!!!

Yes In France Dp is not finish

Awww, guys.. Seeing you all reminiscing about the good ol' PS days makes me want to go back to that, to still wish Dawn had never left. Can't believe it's been so many years since their ~fateful~ meeting. (':

I've been trying to experiment with different Ash shippings, but none of them have stuck with me like SatoHika did. (Well, except for some yaoi ships, but that's a whole different level). It's like, they were MADE for each other, you know? Dawn has been (and always will be) the only girl who can truly be called Ash's equal. It's obvious that in BW and in past sagas that no other girl have had any significant importance as much as Dawn did, and they had little impact on Ash's goals compared to her. I mean, hello; without her, Ash wouldn't have used many of the winning techniques she created in the Pokemon League. I think that means a lot (considering this is Pokemon).

My point: I still love PS from the bottom of my heart. I still go online and watch clips of famous Pearlshipping hints and moments...

I want to go back a bit and reintroduce some old topics:

Why do you like LOVE Pearlshipping?

and

What got you into Pearlshipping in the first place?

Heehee. (:

Page 168 of 320 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast