Page 243 of 306 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,075 of 7640

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Happy late pearlship day.

I'm glad that serebii has such a large amount of pearlship supporters unlike haruka central AKA bulbaguarden or pokeshipping is the best aka everywhere else. I'm just happy we actually have a large shipping community that both supports pearl and can say theire were more good thingsabout DP than just Paul and infernape.

I view pearlship as like peterxlois from family guy

Ash and dawn are Peter and lois
    Pikachu and Piplup are Chris and meg
    Brock is brian
    croagunk is stewie
    Conway is quagmire
    paraplegic!Barry is Joe etc.
    Last edited by LizardonX; 6th October 2012 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Happy late pearlship day.

I'm glad that serebii has such a large amount of pearlship supporters unlike haruka central AKA bulbaguarden or pokeshipping is the best aka everywhere else. I'm just happy we actually have a large shipping community that both supports pearl and can say theire were more good thingsabout DP than just Paul and infernape.
    Yes, I think SPPf is one of the only big forums out there with a large PearlShipping base - actually, I think this is the only forum where every Ash x Main Girl ship has a large fanbase. So yeah, I guess that's pretty nice. =D

This is a bit off-topic, but I also match Pokémon characters with non-Pokémon characters, which results in a few hilarious crossover ships sometimes. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    Yes, I think SPPf is one of the only big forums out there with a large PearlShipping base - actually, I think this is the only forum where every Ash x Main Girl ship has a large fanbase. So yeah, I guess that's pretty nice. =D

This is a bit off-topic, but I also match Pokémon characters with non-Pokémon characters, which results in a few hilarious crossover ships sometimes. XD
    Yeah, I've noticed that as well and whenever I look up Pearlshipping, I always find a link that sends me here.

And yes, lol that is off topic, what's that got to do with Pearlshipping anyway?

Not much to say any more, even when Dawn's cameo was still going on I posted less. I think we need a new topic question although I'm no good at that. :P

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Good point, there slightly OT but this is also the only forums with a sizable negai fanbase. I mean there's like 50 Negai fics on FF compared to 2k poke or 3k contest.

Either way I'm stumped on new topics. There's not much point in speculation at this point except to pray to the marketing gods that Piplup sold enough extra merchandise from his Cameo to warrant another appearance next gen. Most of the tried and true topics have been discussed already and I can't think of much Lol.

^ Ehh true, since Hikari's gone we don't have much to speculate about anymore, but then again shipping has always been fueled by the fans first and foremost so I'm confident we can continue to discuss things we haven't before despite her absence. In fact...

Do you consider Pearlshipping to be the most realistic pairing that the anime has portrayed? Why?

Yes, because in real life a majority of couples get together and stay together due to the individuals in said relationship usually having many similarities, in both likes, dislikes and ideals/values. Besides that, despite their similarities, they also have minor spats that don't last long, and they make up fairly quickly on their own. Plus they are VERY much like parents to their Pokemon already, so that's another point to add to the realism of their relationship. :3

Lol it's like they're a model couple. xD

Do you consider Pearlshipping to be the most realistic pairing that the anime has portrayed? Why?

I think it does. I think DP 094 is a very good example of what Yuppirox had mentioned about Ash and Dawn being parents to their Pokemon. I thought it was kinda cute seeing both of them taking care of their Pokemon while Brock was out. Also, they're very supportive of each other and understand their feelings very well. I remember seeing Ash being the only person noticing Dawn clenching her fist after she lost the appeals round twice or when Dawn tries to cheer Ash up with her Pokemon circus act.

I think that depends on what you mean by "realistic" and "pairing", since, well, no main ship has ever been portrayed with blatant romantic subtext (at least, not in the original version). If you mean "pairing" as in "all the Ash ships" or "all the Dawn ships", then I'd say it's one of the most realistic ones - there are much less realistic ones out there, anyway - but if you mean "pairing" as in "every pairing in existence", then I'm not so sure. PearlShipping is definitely one of the more natural ones, though, with less forced interactions or flirting (...obviously), and they're generally portrayed as caring towards each other and the like.

After Dawn's cameo, Iris will probably get one next and so on... Unless Ash threw a party back at Pallet Town for his win at a league, eventually.

Yeah, probably. You'd have to compare with other Ash and Dawn shipping's as well, since I prefer Pearlshipping I guess so. Well, couples are always worried about each other, both Ash and Dawn do, for example when Ash had his first full battle with Paul and lost, Dawn was seemed very concerned and all those times Dawn lost a contest at first Ash got very upset when she lost not to mention her loss in the Grand Festival.

I was just thinking, Ash could still give some hints towards remembering Dawn like he did in the start of BW I think and now that her cameo past too.

Electro Ball!

I actually posted a massive defense of pearlshipping at bulbaguarden that touched on this. Ash and dawns relationship is the most realistic because its the only one that has shown to be capable of staying together for the long haul without a third party.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post

I actually posted a massive defense of pearlshipping at bulbaguarden that touched on this. Ash and dawns relationship is the most realistic because its the only one that has shown to be capable of staying together for the long haul without a third party.
    Thanks for telling me about this. I went over and wrote a massive rant as well, because that's what I do when I'm bored. =p

Anyway, uh... Does anyone here browse through Pixiv/deviantART/etc. for PearlShipping fanart? Because lately I've been getting the feeling that I'm the only person in the whole thread who does do. ;~;

Wow, Pearlshipping is kind of slow now...! ;~;

I guess we don't have much to discuss now, since Dawn has left the group (again) although before she returned, Pearlshipping was still active, I guess we just need a new topic question. So, um, er...

What "special moments" can you imagine or picture, Ash and Dawn getting into together if she stayed with Ash in the Unova region?

Electro Ball!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post
    Wow, Pearlshipping is kind of slow now...! ;~;
    I know...! ;A; It's so sad, especially since this is probably the biggest PearlShipping community on any Pokémon forum... Anyway. Where is everyone? D=

What "special moments" can you imagine or picture, Ash and Dawn getting into together if she stayed with Ash in the Unova region?
    I have two, actually - one is when they're walking through Marine Tunnel and a swarm of Luvdisc swim past them (it's kinda lost its meaning now, but still >///<), the other is when they're standing on the Aspertia Outlook together, alone, just watching the sunrise. That would be so cute... at least, to me, it would be.

Lol, only 1 post since I last posted. Well its only been a day I guess and even though we don't have much to discuss, people will get back into Pearl! I hope...

I know...! ;A; It's so sad, especially since this is probably the biggest PearlShipping community on any Pokémon forum... Anyway. Where is everyone? D=
    I know right? I have to think a bit before I post, cause I don't no what to talk about any more, maybe others are too? Well your still posting, I guess we don't have to worry about the thread closing as long as we still have someone posting...

I have two, actually - one is when they're walking through Marine Tunnel and a swarm of Luvdisc swim past them (it's kinda lost its meaning now, but still >///<), the other is when they're standing on the Aspertia Outlook together, alone, just watching the sunrise. That would be so cute... at least, to me, it would be.
    Wow, two! I couldn't even come up with one, I just ask cause we need a new topic question. Haha, that's a nice one, I heard if two people see a swarm of Luvdisc swim by they will be in love forever! Or something like that. I remember in one episode they saw a swarm of Luvdisc swim by. I forgot the episode title... (Is the reason its lost its meaning because Ash has seen them more than once?). Lol, the second one sounds familiar, like that balcony one. Yeah, it would be pretty sweet to see.

If she stayed with Ash, they would eventually be alone and maybe Dawn would want to see other parts of Unova and maybe Ash could give her a quick tour around the area they are and he gets them both lost were they end up in that plain field in the episode after she left. Basically switch the bonding time Ash had with Kotetsu had before his gym battle with Dawn. XD

I think Dawn could get a cameo during the Unova League, watching one of his battles much like Misty did I think.
    Last edited by Ash&Pikachu-Fan; 14th October 2012 at 7:41 PM.

Electro Ball!

Sorry guys for not posting. It's not so much that I've lost interest in Pearl for the moment, but because I've been addicted to Black 2 since its release not too long ago. xD I'm sure it's the same case with others...? That and school so yeah.

asdfjkl? Hmm. I gotta say I love the Marine Tunnel idea, Flame. It's so romantic. <3 I would have loved to see them pose for a picture at Humilau City's face board that depicts two Frillish - one male, the other female - in love. The photographer would be Trip who just happens to pass by at the opportune moment to take the pic~

Ugh I wish Ash could have gotten a Xtranceiver for himself at some point in the anime, even if he would have rarely ever used it. Dawn has one and it would have been so adorable if they had kept in contact via video during their travels. :3

Yeah me too. I just isnt anywhere near as intrested in shipping lately.

They could go to the movies as a date. That humilau idea is good too. I supopose they can do funfest missions together and I would lol if dawn drags Ash to the high end clothing boutiques and salons in Castelia/nimbasa for makeovers.

I have been thinking about PearlShipping lately, what with me getting White 2 and exploring new areas where Ash and Dawn could have dates together or something, but I've also been enjoying doing horrible things to them in my daydreams (Dawn gets seriously injured, Ash suffers from amnesia and can't remember Dawn, Dawn gets taken advantage of, etc...). I like doing horrible things to my favourite couples. >=]

That Humilau City's face board is a nice idea as well. Maybe they could go behind it for a souvenir picture, and then Marlon spots them and starts shipping them together. XDDDD Movies would be nice, too, if Stu Deeoh decided to hire Ash and Dawn for a short movie where they're portrayed as the main couple (maybe he's broke or something?).

(clearing throat) Well, I’m not certain about having to worry about my own interest in Pearlshipping by this point in time. Anyone who remembers what I found toward the end of last year probably has a good idea of what I’ve been up to throughout this year, even as recently as this month. Perhaps remarkably for me, that new something gave me the idea to watch “Mounting a Coordinator Assault” again about an hour before this post, and I couldn’t help being as struck as Ash was by Dawn’s bold innocence while she showed off her coordinating outfit and later suggested that he enter the Jubilife Contest alongside her. The rest of you could think that this is one of those moments in which Ash and Dawn were at their most natural, namely cooperating with each other, while Dawn was attempting to show Ash an activity that she enjoyed quite a lot. For my part, it’s an episode that doesn’t involve world-ending agendas or forest-burning Pokémon hunters, but rather, features these two kids in an everyday occurrence, at least for them, that likely strengthened their romantic friendship in Sinnoh, in us Pearlshippers’ estimation. I could envision such a scenario for them in real life, which could further inspire some ideas for the following question.:

What special moments can you imagine with Ash and Dawn if Dawn stayed with Ash in Unova?

Assuming a lack of intervention by either Team Plasma or some random photographer, maybe an encounter with a group of Luvdisc or Frillish – or even some passing Phione – would do the trick. Ash and Dawn could happen to pay attention to something that either of them knew existed but didn’t particularly notice until that moment, then express some confusion before shrugging it off before smiling at the other, happy simply to be together wherever they are.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

I can imagine them playing together in the water and splashing each other. It would be funny if Dawn stood up for Ash and (in a jokey way) called Iris a kid. Their reactions will be funny. :P
    I can imagine Dawn dragging Ash off to the malls and buying all the expensive clothes too. :P And then they get ice cream, which for Ash is the best part. :P
    I think I overused the :P face

"If someone tells me it's wrong to hope, I will tell them they're wrong every time. I could tell them that countless times" -Madoka Kaname

Well since Dawn's return in the dub has arrived, time for a little bumpage ^_^

Do you think we will get any dub hints for pearlshipping when the episodes come out?

I actually think it'll be more tame than the original Japanese. What they consider to simply be cute, Americans tend to blow way out of proportion and make it into something it isn't. I really think they'll dumb down a lot of the dialouge since the first few episodes are heavily loaded visually. I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but this just seems to be the way things'll roll.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    I support and believe in pearlshipping
    Oh yeah, and I like Darth Vader too.

Herein lies a great story of love, friendship, betryal,........and generally all the other good stuff a story needs :http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ul-A-Pearlship

Current team in lvl. 100 training-

Quote Originally Posted by Jerda Foks View Post
    I actually think it'll be more tame than the original Japanese. What they consider to simply be cute, Americans tend to blow way out of proportion and make it into something it isn't. I really think they'll dumb down a lot of the dialouge since the first few episodes are heavily loaded visually. I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but this just seems to be the way things'll roll.
    As long as the scene with the foongus remains intact IDC what they do

Eh I don't think the dub will change anything. Changes/edits are rare and scarce nowadays and only happen unless absolutely necessary.

Anyway I'll keep my eye out on the dub. I may not have the means to watch it on tv anymore, but I can still rewatch the episode online sometime to relive the SatoHika moments. <3

I probably won't watch the dub, because 1) the times probably won't fit me and 2) I don't even know which channel they'll air it on, anyway, and I can't be bothered to check.

It doesn't matter, really, since I don't consider dub hints to be canon. Still, I wanted to hear Dawn's voice again...

Its a shame , Even Though Dawn appear in Bw and stayed for so long , There wasn't many Pearlshippy hint.

Hello follow Pearlshipper here n.n been lurking this group for a while and well hopefully you'll will come another addition to your group? + I have a question to ask. Can anyone give me a list of all pearlshipping songs from the DP Saga + Movies in english if possible. I once saw a list but can't remember most of all. Would be helpful

Page 243 of 306 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293 ... LastLast