Page 252 of 306 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302 ... LastLast
Results 6,276 to 6,300 of 7640

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Quote Originally Posted by Foxeaf View Post
    If Dawn started her journey in the Kanto region at the same time as Ash did, how do you think that would've turned out?
    Both of them being new trainers, I see them trying to be the "mentor" and telling each other what to do, eventually turning into friendship. I dunno, that's just what I think.
    Black & White Team:

Hoo, boy. I’m wondering about the timing behind some of these current reflections on my part, and the end result could be magnified as a result. From Twinleaf Town to Hearthome City, from Spear Pillar to Canalave City, Ash and Dawn’s bond has strengthened because they recognized each other’s thoughts almost instantly, expressed in various situations. The following reflections could surprise even myself given a certain scenario I cooked up about a month ago.:

If Dawn started her journey in Kanto at the same that Ash did, then how do you think Pearlshipping would’ve turned out?

If we’re assuming that Ash and Dawn were childhood friends already, then maybe we would’ve needed a new pairing name for these two trainers. Even now, I’m thinking of some English lyrics for “High Touch”, or at least, the television opening, if not the full version.:

Dawn: *We fight, make up, and fight once again, but it’s true.
    I have so many things that I want to tell you.
    This most steadfastly: “Many thanks for staying with me.”.*
    Ash: *As we roll along, our minds stay as a great team.
    No matter what, we will reach up to our dreams.
    Through it all, clearly, I’m happy to see you with me.*
    Dawn: *We’re partners.*
    Ash: *And great friends.*
    Dawn: *I’ll push and cheer you on.*
    Ash: *I’ll pull you until the end.*
    Both: *Harmony stands strong between us in the sun. It’s our destiny.
    As we win together, let’s high-five!
    If we’re knocked down, then we can bounce back and thrive!
    We can teach each other.*
    Ash: *And we’ll defend this world of magic truly. Go, go, go.*
    Both: *As we won together, let’s high-five!
    We faced down our best opponents and thrived!
    Ash: *And we’ll go further than our eyes can now see. Go, go, go.*
    Both: *Go, go, go. Go, go, go!*

Some of you might not need to guess what could’ve charged my mind enough to inspire that. If Pokémon Contests get introduced earlier, then Ash and Dawn could most likely have their own storylines running parallel to each other, leading to even more time to develop their romantic partnership.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ccangelopearl1362 View Post
    Hoo, boy. I’m wondering about the timing behind some of these current reflections on my part, and the end result could be magnified as a result. From Twinleaf Town to Hearthome City, from Spear Pillar to Canalave City, Ash and Dawn’s bond has strengthened because they recognized each other’s thoughts almost instantly, expressed in various situations. The following reflections could surprise even myself given a certain scenario I cooked up about a month ago.:

If Dawn started her journey in Kanto at the same that Ash did, then how do you think Pearlshipping would’ve turned out?

If we’re assuming that Ash and Dawn were childhood friends already, then maybe we would’ve needed a new pairing name for these two trainers. Even now, I’m thinking of some English lyrics for “High Touch”, or at least, the television opening, if not the full version.:

Dawn: *We fight, make up, and fight once again, but it’s true.
    I have so many things that I want to tell you.
    This most steadfastly: “Many thanks for staying with me.”.*
    Ash: *As we roll along, our minds stay as a great team.
    No matter what, we will reach up to our dreams.
    Through it all, clearly, I’m happy to see you with me.*
    Dawn: *We’re partners.*
    Ash: *And great friends.*
    Dawn: *I’ll push and cheer you on.*
    Ash: *I’ll pull you until the end.*
    Both: *Harmony stands strong between us in the sun. It’s our destiny.
    As we win together, let’s high-five!
    If we’re knocked down, then we can bounce back and thrive!
    Ash: *And we’ll defend this world of magic truly. Go, go, go.*
    Both: *As we won together, let’s high-five!
    We faced down our best opponents and thrived!
    Ash: *And we’ll go further than our eyes can now see. Go, go, go.*
    Both: *Go, go, go. Go, go, go!*

Some of you might not need to guess what could’ve charged my mind enough to inspire that. If Pokémon Contests get introduced earlier, then Ash and Dawn could most likely have their own storylines running parallel to each other, leading to even more time to develop their romantic partnership.
    Nicely done mate, love the way it was done
    Ash: Serena what are you doing
    Serena: from now on Ash, you should call me your little pikachu

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9745729/3/Seperate-Roads
    friend code friend safari, trade and battle 0962 9543 3828

Well, pokeshippers would not exist and I maybe would of never been an advanceshipper..... well I would be but it wouldn't be my OTP

Be polite, Be efficient, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I kept meaning to post this, but I always got distracted by school. Anyway, last month I, a heathen, non-PearlShipper ("Shun the non-believer! SHUUUUN!"), wrote my second PearlShipping oneshot: Artificial Sweetener.

It's funny, because, while I don't ship this ship, I do feel like I get its appeal and, what's more, I think the ship has a strong sense of identity, which, like it or lump it, makes it very analyzable (and write-about-able, hence the fact that I'm writing about it again). It was in doing such analyzing that I got the ideas that would eventually become Artificial Sweetener. I have no idea if my outsider's point of view has any kind of value or relevance to someone who actually sails this ship, but I did my best. If you like 80s/90s nostalgia and terrible, terrible puns or are simply curious as to how that and diet soda bare any connection whatsoever to PearlShipping, you might give the oneshot a try.

...And to make this not just a shameless plug post, I'll leave you all with a somewhat-related question that you can answer or ignore as you see fit!

How would you describe PearlShipping's "identity" as a ship?

Forgive me if I'm sounding like a clueless brat, but may you please expand that question and provide an example or so (for me anyway, as I'm really having difficulty answering this)? My first thought from identity (and from reading your fanfic you posted) was high-fives, which I think that is more called symbolism instead of identity, so I think I have the wrong idea of what "identity" means.
    "Real life is heartbreak, despair, kid. Sometimes you get to the end of the rainbow, the leprechauns went and booby-trapped it."

Credits to pokefan#493. Thank you very much.

Forgive me if I'm sounding like a clueless brat, but may you please expand that question and provide an example or so (for me anyway, as I'm really having difficulty answering this)? My first thought from identity (and from reading your fanfic you posted) was high-fives, which I think that is more called symbolism instead of identity, so I think I have the wrong idea of what "identity" means.
    Ah, sorry if I wasn't clear. When I say "identity" I mean it in pretty much exactly the same way I'd mean it when talking about an individual person--so prevailing characteristics and themes, not just some individual moment like a high-five. As an example, for me what I've thought of PearlShipping and what I tried (and perhaps failed) to communicate in the oneshot, is that I see it as having a prevailing sweetness to it--a happy, youthful exuberance, which contrasts it pretty well with a lot of other ships.

Well I find that Ash and Dawn compliment each others characteristics extremely well, staying away from the things like high fives, I would say they learn off one another and use tactics they learnt from the other in their own chosen field, for instance Ash has used alot of Dawn's contest moves in his gym battles while Dawn has applied her lessons in battling in her pokemon contests, this is something that makes Pearlshipping differ from the other pairings (not trying to talk them down).

another major part in Pearlshipping, is the way the two work together in double battles, they worked off one anothers strengths to cover their weaknesses really well, they supported each other during those battles as well as supported each other during their respective battles, the high five only shows how close the two are (but we aren't needing to use that in this instance). The best way the two supported each other was when the two were going through a rot, if we look at the moment that Dawn got eliminated from the Contests in the appeals round Ash was there to cheer Dawn up same could be said for Dawn when Ash was decimated by Paul in the battle except the main difference was, is that Dawn was more successful in cheering Ash up.

So in conclusion Ash and Dawn cover one another's weakness's to build on their strengths. They help each other out when they need it the most (but then again the same could be said with Advance, Negai and Poke shippings respectively). Ash and Dawn work extremely well as a well oiled machine when battling as a team whether in competetive battles or to try and save the day (something we didn't really see much with Ash/May, Ash/Misty and Ash/Iris (but each female has added something to the series when traveling with Ash)) and lastly we find that Dawn was certainly the closest to Ash with the way the two interacted throughout the series.

I hope this is what you were after Skiyomi, (might have been long winded, lol.)

(Wow I haven't posted in a while. Apologies! blame tumblr )

It's full of energy, enthusiasm, trustworthiness, and freshness. Also, Ash and Dawn have this unbreakable bond, these invisible ties that link their hearts and minds in a way, a quality I think identifies it separately from the other ships. The fact that they participate in so many tag battles together, which are often written to portray their synchronization as a team, supports the idea that there is more at play in their relationship than simple support, high fives, and friendship.

The fact that they're both willing to go above and beyond to aid each other in times of need, I'd say, identifies Pearlshipping pretty well, too.

guys listen for being inactive.

My mom blocked this website bcuz she saw something inappropriate. Im like

0_o wut???

Still remember AshxDawn 4ever!
    Ships:
    Pearlshipping (OTP)
    ArmourShipping (sometimes)

Other Stuff:
    Competitive Super Smash Bros. Player
    Competitive Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Player
    Competitive Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v.2012 Player
    14 Years young :P

Always have and will always be proud of being a Pokemon Shipper! Don't care if people judge me for my age!

"You Can't Change the World without [going through] a little pain" - Team Plasma Grunt

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...11908613_n.jpg

I find this funny.

I'm very new(b) as a member to the forums, but I've been stalking this thread just because of how awesome Pearlshipping is! Keep up the activity and AshxDawn 4ever!
    FC: 4425-2061-5616

I hope you like this picture, I laughed pretty hard after looking at it.

http://kurumierika.deviantart.com/ar...oran-357604311

Quote Originally Posted by paul (dragon master) View Post
    I hope you like this picture, I laughed pretty hard after looking at it.

http://kurumierika.deviantart.com/ar...oran-357604311
    XD. DAWN TWINS. Ash's paradise.

AND PIKACHU'S FACE IS PRICELESS!
    Ships:
    Pearlshipping (OTP)

Other Stuff:

Always have and will always be proud of being a Pokemon Shipper! Don't care if people judge me for my age!

"You Can't Change the World without [going through] a little pain" - Team Plasma Grunt

I find this funny.

Pearlshipping is awesome. I love how they are so close and the hints makes the most sense. Also it helps that they are the only pairing with an title song that is Satoshi and Hikari singing to each other about there relationship. Also, I am predicting that Hikari will return to Satoshi. Satoshi is on his way to the Kanto region after Best wishes Da! and Hikari is in Hoenn and wanted to meet Satoshi in the Kanto region. Don't be surprised if she returns! Of course this is all conjecture but I noticed it while rewatching Diamond and pearl in Japanese.

I think that this pairing has pretty strong hints. If only Ash wasn't so dense...
    I loved it when they gave each other high fives in the anime, it was just so cute, even though I hate using that word. I do hope Dawn returns but yeah, I think it's unlikely. It's great that Ash is going to Kanto again though!
    Heh, here's some fanart I drew for AshxDawn :
    a328d440a05911e29aee22000a9f38e6_7.jpg
    I multiship a lot
    I am a huge fan of Pokémon, PMMM, Sherlock and all sorts of other things!
    Psst, I don't own the banner^ Credit to tumblr user bennycumbs
    ~Fire type Pokemon Club~ ~Dawn Hikari Fan club~

Can anyone link me a REALLY good pearlshipping story?

I still am a pearlshipper but i need something to boot up
    Ships:
    Pearlshipping (OTP)

Other Stuff:

I find this funny.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMay View Post
    I think that this pairing has pretty strong hints. If only Ash wasn't so dense...
    I loved it when they gave each other high fives in the anime, it was just so cute, even though I hate using that word. I do hope Dawn returns but yeah, I think it's unlikely. It's great that Ash is going to Kanto again though!
    Heh, here's some fanart I drew for AshxDawn :
    a328d440a05911e29aee22000a9f38e6_7.jpg
    That's some pretty cute fan art! Heheh.
    As for fanfics, I always thought http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7983428/1/Failure-Hero was really good. It's a nice read as well, with a cliche but well brought together plot. Plus the characterization is very well done (and hilarious 8D)
    I can't remember any other stories at the moment as I don't read many Pearlshipping stories. Does anyone else have any good stories?

But we should host a fanfic comp, yes. I'm pretty sure someone mentioned that idea somewhere.
    I can offer a drawn banner/sig of a scene in the fic or something. :"D

After rewatching the Junior Cup Farewell episode, I still think that the fact that Cynthia stated that the two trainers were perfectly in sync really means something.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxeaf View Post
    That's some pretty cute fan art! Heheh.
    I can't remember any other stories at the moment as I don't read many Pearlshipping stories. Does anyone else have any good stories?
    Thank you.
    As for stories, you could try:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7785419/1/Dreams-connected
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8153046/...I-go-from-here - I really like this one. :3
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4624429/...-into-Darkness
    That's all I can remember reading at the minute.
    I multiship a lot

Hey can i join this thread????
    I think this shipping is defiantly the most canon out of Advance shipping and Poke shipping and im waiting for the episode(hopefully) that those two will get together. It might be quite funny and sweet if they do :P

Quote Originally Posted by SmellYaLater View Post
    Hey can i join this thread????
    I think this shipping is defiantly the most canon out of Advance shipping and Poke shipping and im waiting for the episode(hopefully) that those two will get together. It might be quite funny and sweet if they do :P
    Hey hey! ^_^
    I don't think it's the most canon, unfortunately. And I doubt they will ever put Ash with any girl.
    Though I would love to see them get together, or even just do something like hug or a quick kiss! n_n
    I multiship a lot

I believe it can be made into a Canon pairing. However, I don't believe they will ever give Ash a canon pairing Brock would marry Nurse Joy first. A hug or something shared with Dawn or any main pokegirl would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    I believe it can be made into a Canon pairing. However, I don't believe they will ever give Ash a canon pairing Brock would marry Nurse Joy first. A hug or something shared with Dawn or any main pokegirl would be nice.
    Yeah, I don't think they've ever showed him hugging a girl. That would be cute to see. Especially with May/Dawn in my opinion. ;D
    I multiship a lot

hey guys! Im new soo dont be say like it alrithy a question or something like that plz. Here my question "how will Ash react is Dawn dose not remeber him and end up going out with Paul??? i hope i get good answer so ya. Hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by DarkIceBubbles View Post
    hey guys! Im new soo dont be say like it alrithy a question or something like that plz. Here my question "how will Ash react is Dawn dose not remeber him and end up going out with Paul??? i hope i get good answer so ya. Hehehehe
    This is prolly better put as a new thread anything DawnxPaul is ikarishipping and shoulnt really be in a pearlshipping thread

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    This is prolly better put as a new thread anything DawnxPaul is ikarishipping and shoulnt really be in a pearlshipping thread
    Sorry I did not know that but I'm bbad with question and it looks like I need to thing of a new one woops

Do u think that Ash will ever have the guts to ask Dawn out?
    My Perfict Team:
    Partner:

Page 252 of 306 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302 ... LastLast