Page 254 of 307 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304 ... LastLast
Results 6,326 to 6,350 of 7658

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    Hey the wondering the reason behind why one is behind a pairing or not is a weird one because I came back to pokemon after Advance during battle frontier and I wasn't a big Advanceshipper I was an avid Pokeshipper that was until i found out pokeshipping was more forced on you in the dub than the original. I thought Dawn was the most adorable character pokemon has made so I watched DP in Japanese since I was learning the language anyway and as I watched it it became mush more clearer to me how close they were to each other after seeing High Touch! I was sold.

I also agree with the differences of Advance and Pearlshippings but that is only because I believe more into Contestshipping. i believe May and Ash was more a Senpai relationship. That's not to say anything against advanceshippers just my personal feelings (dont want a shippers war....) My favorite Ash and Dawn moment was DP 145 when Ash fell into Trapinchs' Sand tomb and Dawn yelled at Ash and he yelled back in the Japanese it was just hilarious too me.

That actually leads me to a good question: What is your favorite Ash/SatoshixDawn/Hikari moment in the anime?
    My favorite moment has to be the part where Dawn cheers him on in the Gym battles. No other companions have shown such support in the anime. On a side note, while watching DP145 (to see Dawn's personality in action), I inadvertently found the scene where PPL found one of her former avatars.

Quote Originally Posted by brawlbankai View Post
    Hmm... that's a rather tough question considering the fact that I have quite a few favorite moments... one of my favorite moments was in DP18 when we first see Dawn in her cheerleader outfit. She's the only female companion to ever do something like that to support and cheer him on in his match against the gym leaders (Roark/Hyouta in this case)
    I totally agree with brawlbankai on this one. No other travelling companion girl has shown this kind of dedication and support for Ash during his travels. I especially liked the de facto anthem of the PearlShippers (High Touch!), and this made me move further into the anime on the whole.

Regarding Pokeshipping, I guess the reason why I did not think of this possibility was because I used the Chinese-subtitled Japanese versions (because I hate Ash's dubbed voice) and also because I did not watch much of the original series. There were some priceless moments in the original series (I am the flaming Moltres!) though.

The one thing I liked, however, about the DP series were the theme songs. They were the best theme songs in the entire anime, and have single-handedly pushed Sinnoh to my favorite region. I would have played Platinum again, but I don't like to use my flash cart again (I use it for distributions only), and used sets are way beyond my budget*. It is also the reason I am starting to learn the basic parts of Japanese, even though I already know 3 languages and have Korean lessons lined up for me as well.

* I found a reputable resaler (HK, closer to my country than America) who sold the entire Sinnoh set for 10 USD on eBay. I massively misunderstood the brutality of an eBay auction. I ended up paying 32 USD for the set. Worth it since I paid about as much for each Gen 5 version game I played, and around 9 USD less than what I paid for my SoulSilver game.
    Last edited by Quantum1024; 1st May 2013 at 4:50 PM.
    Everyone together! ˇ 大家聚合!ˇ Alles zusammen! ˇ 모두 함께! ˇ 一緒にみんな!

Source: Bulbapedia

White 2 - Drake - 2838 9377 2007
    3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:
    DWFs: PM for details.

Open GMT 1100-1600 on weekdays & GMT 0000-1600 on weekends.
    Important info may be given through voice chat during trades.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Hi hi hi there again!

What is your favorite Ash/SatoshixDawn/Hikari moment in the anime?

It's hard to say. Of course I like all the times when Dawn cheers ash in his battles and ash cheers dawn in her contests, but that then makes me think of something else. All the hints for other ships seem minuscule in comparison to the ones for Pearlshipping. None of the other girls ash has been with kind of disregard him, ignore him, or have a shallow friendship with him that is nowhere near to as close as his friendship with Dawn. I also like the fact that Ash always watches all of Dawn's contests while with may he's like "Alright guys we'll cheer for May but let's keep training because that's more important".

Like I mentioned before, all of Ash's other girls have had other excuses to tag along with him, while Dawn actually asked him outright. This could mean that she actually likes him whereas the others just wanted to come for their own reasons.

~ashiemore
    I really need something to put here.

I'm back!

Probably the one scene from The Rise of Darkrai... not sure what to call it, and don't feel like going into detail :P
    Black & White Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum1024 View Post
    I totally agree with brawlbankai on this one. No other travelling companion girl has shown this kind of dedication and support for Ash during his travels. I especially liked the de facto anthem of the PearlShippers (High Touch!), and this made me move further into the anime on the whole.
    Thank you I can completely understand you in that regard. I stopped watching the show during the advance series but started watching it again thanks to the manga (Pokemon Special/Adventure) and I was so happy I did when I first saw Dawn and later heard Hi Touch! XD

Quote Originally Posted by McZaky29 View Post
    I'm back!

Probably the one scene from The Rise of Darkrai... not sure what to call it, and don't feel like going into detail :P
    It's been a while since I've seen the Darkrai movie (watched it subbed when it came out), so could you (or someone who might know what they're referring too) please elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by McZaky29 View Post
    I'm back!

The most popular pearlshipping scene in movie 10 is when they are running up the clock tower and Ash falls off Dawn grabs Ash attempting to save him. They both fall and get saved by Buizel who pushes them to a ledge and upon that ledge Dawn begins to fall Ash grabs her hand saving her. Dawn continued to hold Ash's hand and shares a thankful facial expression and a smile whiole Ash does the same.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Holy crap I'm being active in places where post count increases, the world is ending. :P Oh, anime wise where Ash asks Dawn to dance, the cheerleading, the highfives, the adorable friendship ds;erj54;j6 *explodes* Movie wise, Rise of Darkrai. Ash catching Dawn. Her looking at him lovingly and thankfully. Need I say more? ;P Gawd I love this pairing, been my OTP for the anime for years.
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

The most popular pearlshipping scene in movie 10 is when they are running up the clock tower and Ash falls off Dawn grabs Ash attempting to save him. They both fall and get saved by Buizel who pushes them to a ledge and upon that ledge Dawn begins to fall Ash grabs her hand saving her. Dawn continued to hold Ash's hand and shares a thankful facial expression and a smile whiole Ash does the same.
    Looks like it's time for me to rewatch the Darkrai movie. I think I'll watch it english dubbed this time around

I love all the activity here ;o; btw this thread almost has 1 million views!! just around 100k more lol Also guys please refrain from trying to mention other ships in a potentially offensive way. I can handle off-handed references but to put focus on why you don't like a particular ship, even if it's respectful and not bashing, is kind of...off topic. So try to limit it please. thankyou

Ahhh it's hard to pick one but I'll have to go with their first high five (and all the ones following that one). I KNOW it's not explicitly romantic, but it's just so symbolic and had too much focus to be insignificant to their relationship. It was a mutual thing and they both just knew what to do at that moment, and because of the slow-motion, white-light background you can tell it was the start of something special. ;-;

Movie wise, I'm going to be different than everyone else and say the water fight scene in movie 12. They were just so playful together and looked so cute having fun. It was even better because Ash started it. Gah. *melts* Not to mention the fact that right after that scene they participated in a tag battle together with High Touch! playing in the background. <333
    Last edited by Yuppirox; 2nd May 2013 at 7:13 AM. Reason: wanted to add something

M10 and M12 will be the defining moment for me to see if I should join the PearlShipping group. I hope this will not disappoint. I shall post my results once I get around to watching both movies (in Japanese/Chinese subs). Hopefully I will become member no. 186 (or something) of this thread if it all goes well.

Yeah, and sorry about the trailing off into other ships earlier. I was having some rant about how I was viewing myself as a creeper while supporting this ship until realising that I was not supporting Dawn only, but the interaction between Ash and Dawn.

I never thought it would be that entertaining to see the interaction between two people who may or may not be in love, especially after the part where I was puking rainbows after seeing all the fan art. Great job people. (Note: I suck at drawing, so don't ask me for fan art.)
    Last edited by Quantum1024; 2nd May 2013 at 5:40 PM. Reason: Apologies for trailing off-topic

3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:

Ahhh welcome, welcome, all new PearlShippers that I have not yet met ;u; It's a pleasure to meet you all! It's so nice to see the Pearl thread rife with activity again, though please keep the bashing/off-topicness level down! It's not very good for the thread, and doesn't contribute much at all. This is a PearlShipping thread, non? Not a "bash-Pearl's-rivals" thread or a "Dawn-is-so-hot" thread.

...Oh gosh, my memory's fading away now, I can hardly remember anything... but one scene that really stands out is the high-five scene that Yuppirox mentioned. All those special effects, that co-ordination, the moment when they just know what the other is going to do... that's just way too cute and important for me not to notice it. It's so adorable, in fact, I go loony even when I see two characters high-fiving in slow motion in other fandoms, even when I don't ship them ;;;;

heck no i am not rewatching dp. that thing is 181 friggin' episodes. i've watched eureka seven, fairy tail, and inazuma eleven, but dp? no. nope.

I'd love to watch DP (and related BW episodes) again, but I dislike watching them dubbed. I have a feeling there are a couple of potential PearlShipping moments that were overlooked or that I couldn't remember.

This thread is much more livelier than the other Pearlshipping communities/threads.

It is nice to see this thread with more activity. I was the one to pose this question but haven't answered it much myself. haha

My favorite moment in the anime is back when Ash was going for his 3rd badge and Maylene was depressed so Dawn went through great lengths pep talking and even battling her to get her over it just so she could fight Ash and make it a great battle. It was also the 2nd time she was in her cheer leading outfit. When Dawn fought Maylene ash was his normal supportive self but he too also calmed down Dawn and gave her confidence to do the fight when her nerves got the best of her.

My favorite Movie moment is the beginning of Movie 12 the water play is adorable and the fact Ash initiated it makes it all the more special Ash doesn't start anything lol. The tag battle to Hi Touch! was just to perfect.

For the record, she's the only girl to show strong interest in Ash so far. Pearlshipping doesn't have to depend on mementos or stuff to remember them by because their relationship doesn't have to be represented in the form of some kind of item that shows their relationship. It's the feeling inside that counts.

Pearlshipping makes me grin widely whenever I see some pearlshipping fanservice. I just simply enjoy the feeling. Nothing makes you feel better than watching something you really enjoy.

In all the Pokémon stuff I've seen, I've never seen Ash care as much about a girl as he does about dawn. I don't even know if he's evn shown as much kindness and friendship to a guy in the series, either. I always liked seeing Ash and Dawn together from the time I figured out about it (it's a really long story, might describe in another post) and never really liked seeing Ash with any other person. This is why I got interested in the Pokémon anime in the first place, just to see Pearlshipping hints.

~ashiemore

Quote Originally Posted by brawlbankai View Post
    Looks like it's time for me to rewatch the Darkrai movie. I think I'll watch it english dubbed this time around
    If you are looking for that specific part, it occurs beginning at 72:00 min of the movie. I will update this after watching M12 as well. The featured GIF on the first page was in M12 06:14 min of the movie. After that part is just fodder for PearlShipping fans (the tag battle).

Quote Originally Posted by ashiemore View Post
    In all the Pokémon stuff I've seen, I've never seen Ash care as much about a girl as he does about dawn. I don't even know if he's evn shown as much kindness and friendship to a guy in the series, either. I always liked seeing Ash and Dawn together from the time I figured out about it (it's a really long story, might describe in another post) and never really liked seeing Ash with any other person. This is why I got interested in the Pokémon anime in the first place, just to see Pearlshipping hints.

~ashiemore
    I agree as well. This was one of the very few reasons I actually bothered to watch the anime at all anyway. Since I live in Singapore, and not Japan, all the Pokemon episodes on mainstream TV were just the dubbed editions, and I don't need to mention again how much I hated Ash's dubbed voice (even until now: I am very sensitive to some types of voices). Add to the fact that I am not a TV person (I'm more of the computer game type), and that my parents did not have the budget to buy Gameboys back then (I bought my 3DS XL under my own income, even though things have improved since), this means that I had little contact with Pokemon, anime or video game. It was only after joining SPPf (esp. the Shipping Community) that I actually bothered with the anime.

That being said, I don't really watch the anime a lot, since the connection pipeline to China (I watch the Japanese anime with Chinese subtitles) gets really clogged up during the only time I am free (evenings, one reason why living in the same timezone as China sucks), and I very much prefer the video game. This could also be because I have a tendency to flip at all the tactical mistakes the characters make during battles (like how a Grammar Nazi flips out at grammatical mistakes on the Internet).
    Last edited by Quantum1024; 4th May 2013 at 1:56 PM. Reason: Additons to prevent double posting

3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:

Hard to say, there are plenty of them! I like them all equally.

If you ever notice, Hikari is pretty much the only girl who actually changes her outfits a lot compared to the other girls. That shows how dedicated she is.

Japanese Pearlshipping site provides hints from each of the episodes.
    http://mint.45.kg/satohika/zenwalist.html
    http://mint.45.kg/satohika/zenwalist_bw2.html

Also, I enjoyed reading this 4-koma
    http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/442153?

Maybe we should compile an entire list of Pearlshipping hints or something?

Quote Originally Posted by karczx View Post
    Maybe we should compile an entire list of Pearlshipping hints or something?
    I really like that idea! But there are almost too many just to make one list of all of them. Maybe it would be easier to make a list of all the completely obvious ones, and then if there's more room, we can add some of the less obvious ones. I myself am working on a list of things that make PearlShipping a lot better than any other ship, and having a long list of hints would certainly help. I've just realized that most of the hints for other ships are kind of ambiguous or accidental, while the Pearl ones are straight up. Just more reason to support it!

~ashiemore

Yeah doing a list for Pearlshipping sounds like a worthwhile endevor albeit a little daunting because there is a lot and a good amount of it can be subjective. I can most def. head up that though I have all the episodes of Pokemon I'm sure I can make something and most of mine of original all the more easier lol.

I've always enjoyed those high five moments, I loved the one in the Wallace Cup tournament the best, the music during that scene and slow motion showed that a lot.
    Ontop of that, when Kenny had Dawn chose between traveling Kenny or Ash and show went with Ash HAHA, too bad English dubbed ruined that but I ignore that part *Sigh* Jappanese version did that scene better in my opinion.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

I think not enough attention has been focused on her BW appearances and her interactions with Satoshi.

A lot of them seem to be quite vague or something. Only attention was given to the first two episodes of her appearance, the rest were not as focused on her.
    Last edited by karczx; 6th May 2013 at 2:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karczx View Post
    I think not enough attention has been focused on her BW appearances and her interactions with Satoshi.

A lot of them seem to be quite vague or something. Only attention was given to the first two episodes of her appearance, the rest were not as focused on her.
    Yeah there wasn't much shipping in the BW2 cameo just in the first 2 episodes. That was alright with me because there was enough pearlshipping in DP and also there was pearlshipping in the first BW opening. I was just happy to see Hikari again

I've started watching D&P again just to find all the Pearl hints. Should I count the fact that Dawn has this shocked and worried expression on her face when Ash goes up Team Rocket's mecha to rescue Pikachu? I mean, she doesn't even know him, and it might just be a look of surprise, but I want to know whether I should include it or not.

Also, I had a chance yesterday to rewatch the ninth movie, but I really didn't want to because o all the AshxMay stuff in it. My faith as a Pearlshipper cannot be broken. XD

~ashiemore

Quote Originally Posted by ashiemore View Post
    I've started watching D&P again just to find all the Pearl hints. Should I count the fact that Dawn has this shocked and worried expression on her face when Ash goes up Team Rocket's mecha to rescue Pikachu? I mean, she doesn't even know him, and it might just be a look of surprise, but I want to know whether I should include it or not.

Also, I had a chance yesterday to rewatch the ninth movie, but I really didn't want to because o all the AshxMay stuff in it. My faith as a Pearlshipper cannot be broken. XD

~ashiemore
    You can include it as a subjective hint. Ash has that moment with all the females. You can say she was worried for him or just worried for his reckless actions. The 9th movie was still a good movie Advance stuff nonwithstanding lol. Plus the big hint in DP 03 is when she straight offers to go with him and Brock instead of using an excuse to go like Misty and may or just tagging along like Iris. (Not Bashing just stating fact....) Also, look at the lyrics to Together and Kimi no soba de the Op and Ed that can fuel more hints for ya just in Ep. 03 alone lol.

My favorite ash and dawn part is in Rise of darkrai, when they do the "fall scene". I love it when one is about fall, the other instantly panic or hold there hand which is soooooo cute and romantic for me.

Me and my friends love to watch it and wat we did is combined ash and dawn and crated Dash. We think it so funny the couple name but it the onlything we got from it. Pearlshipping will live and advance, neggia, and expacly poke will all die
    My Perfict Team:
    Partner:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkIceBubbles View Post
    Me and my friends love to watch it and wat we did is combined ash and dawn and crated Dash. We think it so funny the couple name but it the onlything we got from it. Pearlshipping will live and advance, neggia, and expacly poke will all die
    Funny name As a common courtesy, try not to say stuff like the other ships should "die", as that tends to start things that shouldn't happen in the first place

As for the movies, I haven't had a chance to rewatch them yet, but plan to this week-end. Should I watch #12 Japanese dubbed or English dubbed?

Page 254 of 307 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304 ... LastLast