Page 260 of 304 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270 ... LastLast
Results 6,476 to 6,500 of 7579

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Quote Originally Posted by Foxeaf View Post
    : Ooh! Question time!
    Are there any songs (besides Pokemon themes) that remind you of Pearlshipping?
    Together song: "everyone we touch"

Want to be together but people pull them apart song: "check yes Juliet" or "homecoming"

Both combined: "love story"

Btw here's my question If ash and dawn had a kid, will it be a boy or girl and wat will it name be?
    My Perfict Team:
    Partner:

If ash and dawn had a kid, will it be a boy or girl and wat will it name be?

Woah now we are assuming our Ash even knows what it takes to have kids lol. If they had a child I would think it would be a Girl. They would name her Yuki (Snow) I think it would be cool Satoshi means Earth or at least close enough and Hikari is Light so hey Light on Earth (hahaha) Snow.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post

Woah now we are assuming our Ash even knows what it takes to have kids lol. If they had a child I would think it would be a Girl. They would name her Yuki (Snow) I think it would be cool Satoshi means Earth or at least close enough and Hikari is Light so hey Light on Earth (hahaha) Snow.
    Haha I find it funny and cute swell but I did not know that Satoshi means earth and hikari is light. I find it cool! Before I knew the light and earth thing I use to tough they have twins, girl and boy. One will be allyson (ally for short) and other is Kevin. With that the boy will do contest and girl dose battles
    My Perfict Team:
    Partner:

A more apt name will be Yukinari.

1) Reason one is they could use the nickname "Yuki" which basically suits your post.

2) Reason two is it is an honor to Professor Oak, whose Japanese name is "Ookido Yukinari". Professor has a high place in Ash's heart as he was the one who gave him Pikachu and defined his path. Hikari loves Oak's poems and is a big fan of his. They both like Oak, so it's not wrong to name their kid in his honor.

3) I have googled the name Yukinari and learned it's meaning

"Your name of Yukinari has created the desire to focus on the details of your immediate interests to the extent that others consider you to be fussy."

It fits both Ash and Dawn's character. Both of them are obsessed by their goals and are slightly oblivious to romance because of this. (Until they find each other in a hypothetical Pearlship situation :3) Their kid would obviously share this trait, right? (Unless Brock babysits and spoils him).

Johanna's parental advice: Hikari, Keep him away from Takeshi!
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 15th June 2013 at 10:42 AM.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by karczx View Post
    All signs are pointing to that Hikari will come back (hopefully as a main character). Japanese Pearlshippers certainly have high hopes for her return. Since Decolora won't have Dawn appear anytime soon, she might make an appearance in Kanto and Kalos. After all, she hasn't visited Kanto yet and Blackthorn is relatively close to Kanto.

Does anyone else think her cameo on BW was well-received? Or do people no longer care about her as much as they used to? The fact that they added all those subtle Pearlshipping hints all over BW shows something.
    I'm interested on this. Why do you are sure that Dawn will return? Is for the same reason than I have?
    (What reason: popularity, Piplup, late-BW ratings, nostalgia, return of Contests in XY (hinted by a menu with ribbons), etc) Because I know that Pearlshipping isn't a reason per se.

I'm partially a Pearlshipper (Can I join). I don't that the show is never intended to be about romance, but the Ash and Dawn couple is the only one that I can see together. I have issues with May and Misty and I'm sure that Iris doesn't fit Ash.

Ogther things is although I don't know Japanese (well, I understand juuman boruto and I read katakana amnd things like Rocket Dan) many times that I'll go to 2chan to see if any scans are out, I find the words Hikari popped on the Best Wishes thread. I see veryt few Kasumi and a bit more of Haruka (Iris is in the anime). Why?
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    I'm interested on this. Why do you are sure that Dawn will return? Is for the same reason than I have?
    (What reason: popularity, Piplup, late-BW ratings, nostalgia, return of Contests in XY (hinted by a menu with ribbons), etc) Because I know that Pearlshipping isn't a reason per se.

I'm partially a Pearlshipper (Can I join). I don't that the show is never intended to be about romance, but the Ash and Dawn couple is the only one that I can see together. I have issues with May and Misty and I'm sure that Iris doesn't fit Ash.

Ogther things is although I don't know Japanese (well, I understand juuman boruto and I read katakana amnd things like Rocket Dan) many times that I'll go to 2chan to see if any scans are out, I find the words Hikari popped on the Best Wishes thread. I see veryt few Kasumi and a bit more of Haruka (Iris is in the anime). Why?
    I really think it's a mixture of almost everything. Piplup has always been popular, though it's unknown whether the Piplup goods actually sold during BW2. The directors/writers made a lot of subtle comparisons between Dawn's Piplup and Ash's Oshawott (unless if you were to blame them for copying the same animations, but I think those comparisons are intentional), to the point that they were canonically shown to be rivals by the time Dawn arrived. I'm not sure whether contests play a role in this, but it's shown that she can still be in the show without contests to an extent. I may say something like BW ratings at this point, but there are popular anime series with lower ratings than Pokemon. For its faults, they made made it up with focusing on subtle Pearlshipping references and implications (especially when Iris and Cilan knew about Dawn, and then Ash had to tell them about Brock when Dawn mentioned him to them). Honestly, I'd be surprised if contests made a return. The beginning of Dawn's appearance, it was shown that her appearance was unexpected. At the end of the cameo, it's shown that Ash and Dawn never really said goodbye to each other, they just said something like, "See you later!". I pay some level of attention to how Japanese Pearlshippers react on http://mint.45.kg/satohika/ and their messageboard http://yy56.60.kg/satohikakiko/. Their expectations/predictions are more optimistic for the most part. And they just started to update the website on the BW2 episodes in which Hikari made an appearance, and they have stated that any changes to the site are still pending. Dawn was intended to be a female version of Kanto Ash since the very beginning of her introduction. I know it's a whole load of complicated stuff to consider, but the puzzle pieces fit nicely together. And if Pokemon were a romance, it'd be horrible and take away the entire purpose of the show. I'm a Pearlshipper just because I'd like to see them travel together and I liked their interactions with each other. And anyone who likes Pearlshipping is welcome here.

From Bulbapedia, opening song 'Best Wishes!', references to Hikari/Dawn, especially with her catchphrase 'Daijōbu!'
    The first season of BW had an opening song that had clear Hikari references- that she was a voice from the future saying that everything is going to be allright.

耳をすませば なつかしい声
    未来からの声
    いつも祈っててくれてる
    「きみは だいじょうぶ!
    なぜか だいじょうぶ!
    みんな だいじょうぶ!」

Mimi o sumaseba natsukashii koe
    Mirai kara no koe
    Itsumo inottete kureteru
    Kimi wa daijōbu!
    Nazeka daijōbu!
    Minna daijōbu!

If I listen closely, I hear a nostalgic voice
    A voice from the future
    It's always praying for me
    "You'll be all right!
    Somehow it'll be all right!
    Everyone will be all right!"

From the full version

風よ運んで おれのこの声
    おれのこの想い
    はるかな町のあのひとに
    「おれは だいじょうぶ!
    めっちゃ だいじょうぶ!
    1人じゃないから 仲間がいるから だいじょうぶ!」

Kaze yo hakonde ore no kono koe
    Ore no kono omoi
    Haruka na machi no ano hito ni
    Ore wa daijōbu!
    Meccha daijōbu!
    Hitori janai kara nakama ga iru kara daijōbu!

Wind, carry my voice
    Carry my feelings
    To that person in a distant town
    "I'll be all right!
    I'll be totally all right!
    I'm not alone, I have my friends, so I'll be all right!"
    I don't think that the Masamitsu Hidaka interview holds any weight anymore especially since he no longer works on the storyboards or the show itself. They've already have a new director/chief writer team from DP and it looks like it's going to stay. The storyboard editors have already changed staff in BW. BW was intended to be a nostalgia-like reboot series with two gym leaders with a rookie trainer, so it's understandable. To an extent, I think they've already learned that pandering to Kanto-nostalgic fans would be a mistake.
    Last edited by karczx; 15th June 2013 at 3:59 PM.

hey guys it´s been a long time since i dont post anything here about ash and dawn, anyone think that she would be waiting him in his house in kanto when decolora saga end?

Quote Originally Posted by cf16polo View Post
    hey guys it´s been a long time since i dont post anything here about ash and dawn, anyone think that she would be waiting him in his house in kanto when decolora saga end?
    It would be wonderful if she did. But she had a recent cameo (I still find calling 9 episodes a cameo funny ), so I guess not.

Not sure if you people saw this doujinshi/fanart...I found it on Zerochan.

http://www.zerochan.net/1453611
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 17th June 2013 at 9:21 PM.

<--My tumblr

\

That would be awesome if that happened but Misty already pulled that card. When Ash came home after Hoenn Misty was there waiting and May came a day later or so. If Dawn does return I see her meeting him in Vermillion City where the boat docks and where her Ampibom is.

That would be awesome if that happened but Misty already pulled that card. When Ash came home after Hoenn Misty was there waiting and May came a day later or so. If Dawn does return I see her meeting him in Vermillion City where the boat docks and where her Ampibom is.
    And we might see her Ambipom again in Vermillion and maybe Ash's Primeape on the way back home. That'll be great if it happens either way.

Quote Originally Posted by karczx View Post
    And we might see her Ambipom again in Vermillion and maybe Ash's Primeape on the way back home. That'll be great if it happens either way.
    Oh Primape. Would be nice to see him train Scraggy. That would be so cool to see but alas more than likely won't.

I fail at making segue ways Meeting up in or around Pallet seems like a pretty popular scenario for Ash-shippers. Whether it happens or not, it's certainly fun to think about those kinds of situations for reunions, especially since the context is "home" and therefore better, I think, for topics like romance than "traveling on the road" can be in some ways. I suppose someone could argue that, but I dunno. Romance is kind of a putting down roots/commitment thing, so I guess that's my logic XD

Anyway, I really came here to post some PearlShipping graphics. Y'gotta know I like making shipping graphics even when I don't ship the couple. Since I've been compiling DP screenshots lately (BW as well), PearlShipping graphics were an obvious make. I figured this would be the best place to share them to give PearlShippers access to them, so here I am.

I hope you guys enjoy these and, if anyone would like to use them, they can feel free to.

These are fantastic graphics, Skiyomi. You made it difficult for me to select a favorite. Hmm.

Nice to have you aboard, fer92, and along the rest I've yet to greet.
    "Real life is heartbreak, despair, kid. Sometimes you get to the end of the rainbow, the leprechauns went and booby-trapped it."

Credits to pokefan#493. Thank you very much.

guys if dawn would return to anime as a main character again what reasons does you thing are understanble for writers to do it?

guys if dawn would return to anime as a main character again what reasons does you thing are understanble for writers to do it?
    I see a possible 2 plot points to bring her back as a main character Poke Stylist (the reason she didnt go to kanto with Ash) and if they bring back Contest. Karos is based off of the beauty of France and that could mean Fashion or Contest ya know. They cold bring her back as a cameo under many guises to welcome Ash back home or to retrieve her Ampibom from Vermillion City.

she and tierno gets together as the worlds best dance couple *shot by rabid pearlshippers

Okay seriousness: To be either a top coordinator, or a Fashion designer.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    she and tierno gets together as the worlds best dance couple *shot by rabid pearlshippers

Okay seriousness: To be either a top coordinator, or a Fashion designer.
    Yeah, I think she should become a Pokestylist. Switching careers is't bad once in a while :P

<--My tumblr

\

As said by Hikatoshi26, Kalos' French aspects lean towards a fashion/beauty-related mini-game, such as contests from Sinnoh or the musical from Unova. Back in D/P series, Dawn designed an outfit for a fashion-related contest (don't remember all the details), so if/when this returns, she is sure to as well. Her appearance in the Black and White saga hurts her chances of reappearing in X and Y, but she is looking to be a very fitting character for that region. As long as nothing happens between Ash and Misty back in Kanto, though... *Shudder* I can't help but dislike that girl... Way too violent and lovey-dovey. *Proceeds to stamp on Pokeshippers* Their personalities don't match!!!

*Ahem* Do excuse me. I simply despise that shipping.
    In nightmares, you may glimpse your deepest, darkest fears and know your gratefulness of everything good. Sweet dreams cause you to yearn for what you cannot have, and so you suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturallyDark View Post
    As said by Hikatoshi26, Kalos' French aspects lean towards a fashion/beauty-related mini-game, such as contests from Sinnoh or the musical from Unova. Back in D/P series, Dawn designed an outfit for a fashion-related contest (don't remember all the details), so if/when this returns, she is sure to as well. Her appearance in the Black and White saga hurts her chances of reappearing in X and Y, but she is looking to be a very fitting character for that region. As long as nothing happens between Ash and Misty back in Kanto, though... *Shudder* I can't help but dislike that girl... Way too violent and lovey-dovey. *Proceeds to stamp on Pokeshippers* Their personalities don't match!!!

*Ahem* Do excuse me. I simply despise that shipping.
    My experience on fandom tells me one thing. People hate a particular fandom or a Pokegirl because of the fandom. Pearlship fandom isn't so obsessive and don't attack people, so I think people don't hate Dawn because of the fandom. But Misty...I know a few people who can make you hate Misty. I think that's your problem with Misty. She's a good character in her own right. Remember one thing don't Pearlship because you hate Pokeshipping. (A few Advanceshippers do that. Not sure about that here.) Pearlshipping is wonderful, and we must love it for only that reason :3

<--My tumblr

\

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    My experience on fandom tells me one thing. People hate a particular fandom or a Pokegirl because of the fandom. Pearlship fandom isn't so obsessive and don't attack people, so I think people don't hate Dawn because of the fandom. But Misty...I know a few people who can make you hate Misty. I think that's your problem with Misty. She's a good character in her own right. Remember one thing don't Pearlship because you hate Pokeshipping. (A few Advanceshippers do that. Not sure about that here.) Pearlshipping is wonderful, and we must love it for only that reason :3
    your right if someone support a ship it must be because that person really like each ship, i love pearlshipping since more than 5 years and i dont hate other pokegirl because she is a "rival" for this ship, well to be honest i dont like iris but the reason is not because she is a rival for pearl i do because she see everytime ash as a kid and annoying (even thought he is better trainer than her and more friendly) anyway my point is that if i support this ship is because i love it, not to attack another girl either misty, may or iris. this day in japan are going to pass a episode about ash and iris relationship and i guess that negaishippers have really high spectatives about that and if that episode would be about ash and dawn we would do the same so if something happen i wont hate iris for that i´ll be happy for negaishhippers maybe we someday will see ash and dawn again with more hints that we already have, and even if she does not appear again (hope she appear as a main character) i will continue to always be a PEARLSHIPPER no matter what.
    Last edited by cf16polo; 20th June 2013 at 8:41 AM. Reason: gramathic errors

Oh, Arceus no! I love PearlShipping because I think that Ash and Dawn are adorable together! Lyra played as an excellent matchmaker and completely convinced me that the two work very nicely together. The Rise of Darkrai (my favourite movie of all time) is jam-packed with hints as well, including their matching childish attitudes and willingness to put themselves in danger for the other (especially in that scene in the manga where Ash jumps after Dawn when she falls!). I began watching the show in the Diamond and Pearl saga and shipped those two from the beginning. My view on Misty was at first biased because of this, until I realized that I actually did hate her attitude and clingyness.

My dislike of PokeShipping was not the cause for my PearlShipping. I hated Misty later, and not out of dislike of PokeShipping. To me, PokeShipping is the equivalent of Bella and Edward from Twilight - more of an obsessive, forced sort of pairing.
    In nightmares, you may glimpse your deepest, darkest fears and know your gratefulness of everything good. Sweet dreams cause you to yearn for what you cannot have, and so you suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturallyDark View Post
    Oh, Arceus no! I love PearlShipping because I think that Ash and Dawn are adorable together! Lyra played as an excellent matchmaker and completely convinced me that the two work very nicely together. The Rise of Darkrai (my favourite movie of all time) is jam-packed with hints as well, including their matching childish attitudes and willingness to put themselves in danger for the other (especially in that scene in the manga where Ash jumps after Dawn when she falls!). I began watching the show in the Diamond and Pearl saga and shipped those two from the beginning. My view on Misty was at first biased because of this, until I realized that I actually did hate her attitude and clingyness.

My dislike of PokeShipping was not the cause for my PearlShipping. I hated Misty later, and not out of dislike of PokeShipping. To me, PokeShipping is the equivalent of Bella and Edward from Twilight - more of an obsessive, forced sort of pairing.
    There, I have you. The fandom made you hate Misty :P Only the fandom can you make think a pairing is forced. Trust me if you grew up with it, it won't seem forced :P But hey let's not argue Pokesipping here! :P

Anyway, don't you think this thread or any other shipping thread for that matter is lacking activity?

So I will add a challenge of sorts (I hope it is okay). Create a hypothetical situation which will make Dawn and Ash hate each other temporarily (like the Iris episode today).

I am asking this question because I can't see this two fighting at all :x They're too good friends. I wonder if there's ANYTHING that can make them hate each other. The argument they had in early DP was old and they hadn't formed a good bond by then. So, I am wondering if any of you could make such a situation.

<--My tumblr

\

There, I have you. The fandom made you hate Misty :P Only the fandom can you make think a pairing is forced. Trust me if you grew up with it, it won't seem forced :P But hey let's not argue Pokesipping here! :P

Anyway, don't you think this thread or any other shipping thread for that matter is lacking activity?

So I will add a challenge of sorts (I hope it is okay). Create a hypothetical situation which will make Dawn and Ash hate each other temporarily (like the Iris episode today).

I am asking this question because I can't see this two fighting at all :x They're too good friends. I wonder if there's ANYTHING that can make them hate each other. The argument they had in early DP was old and they hadn't formed a good bond by then. So, I am wondering if any of you could make such a situation.
    Hmm, if I'm not mistaken, there is an episode in which Ash and Dawn argue with each other, with Lyra making the background comment, "Nothing like two people who really care about each other," or something along the lines of that.

But if it were to happen again, and the two stormed away from each other, Dawn would be the first to feel bad. Afraid of being pushed out when she returned, she would curl up against a tree, hugging her knees to her chest, and weeping a little. Piplup would try to console her with little success.

Ash, on the other hand, would stay mad until he thought of all their good times together (stealing from today's episode!) and would run out into the rain, looking for her (rain is key here). He'd call out her name, racing around tirelessly, until he gave up and silently walked over to a tree to sit under it, Pikachu sitting on his head sadly. Ash would fret about Dawn, wishing her hadn't gotten so angry, and Pikachu will get bored and start walking around the tree...

Only to bump into Piplup! As it turns out, Ash and Dawn were sitting under the same tree! They would gasp out the other's name ("Ash!" "Dawn!") and one would apologize after the other, both going red. Then Dawn would pull her catchphrase - "No need to worry!" - and they'd high-five happily.

I'm going by anime code, but otherwise, they'd hug instead

Create a hypothetical situation which will make Dawn and Ash hate each other temporarily

The main way i can see Hikari and Satoshi hating each other a la today's episode is with Satoshi being overly reckless as normal. One thing I noticed in DP is that Satoshi didn't do nearly as many stunts that normally would but his life in danger that would worry Hikari. (Examples could be the butterfree episode where he falls off the ballon and many more from past seasons.) So I can see it coming down to a situation similar to the Iron Island Arc. Satoshi is being reckless with his life and body and Hikari is so worried for him she becomes furious at him and storms off. (after the situation is over.) It would begin with Hikari yelling at Satoshi and then Satoshi would get defensive but quickly realize she has a point. After hikari walks away rain would start since Rain symbolizes sadness anyway. Pochama would attempt to talk Hikari down but it doesn't work because Hikari is searching through her own feelings of Satoshi and then she remembers the goods times with emphasis of the time Kotone was talking to her about Satoshi.

We would then go to Satoshi who is devastated but doesn't want to admit it so he walks alone in the rain which worries Pikachu who follows him at a distance. Satoshi then flashes back to all the good times with Hikari and the fact he was in the wrong and he shouldn't have her or anyone worry like that over him. So as the rain clears up he runs to the store and but Hikari some special Seal stickers for her contest and a card. Hikari also realizes that although Satoshi is reckless and implusive she cares for him and values her time with him more than anything. Upon realizing that she too runs to the store and buys Satoshi and new hat and a Ultra ball. They both go to walk out of the store and they walk into one another and Stop. Satoshi then apologizes and hands Hiakri what he brought her. This brings a blush to hikari who returns the favor. Satoshi vowed to be more careful and Hikari vowed to be more patient and understanding. (In anime The share a laugh and a hi-five) [In Fan-Fic land they smile and each other and give each other a long embrace while Satoshi says I'm really sorry and hikari replies No need to worry.]

Create a hypothetical situation which will make Dawn and Ash hate each other temporarily

The main way i can see Hikari and Satoshi hating each other a la today's episode is with Satoshi being overly reckless as normal. One thing I noticed in DP is that Satoshi didn't do nearly as many stunts that normally would but his life in danger that would worry Hikari. (Examples could be the butterfree episode where he falls off the ballon and many more from past seasons.) So I can see it coming down to a situation similar to the Iron Island Arc. Satoshi is being reckless with his life and body and Hikari is so worried for him she becomes furious at him and storms off. (after the situation is over.) It would begin with Hikari yelling at Satoshi and then Satoshi would get defensive but quickly realize she has a point. After hikari walks away rain would start since Rain symbolizes sadness anyway. Pochama would attempt to talk Hikari down but it doesn't work because Hikari is searching through her own feelings of Satoshi and then she remembers the goods times with emphasis of the time Kotone was talking to her about Satoshi.

We would then go to Satoshi who is devastated but doesn't want to admit it so he walks alone in the rain which worries Pikachu who follows him at a distance. Satoshi then flashes back to all the good times with Hikari and the fact he was in the wrong and he shouldn't have her or anyone worry like that over him. So as the rain clears up he runs to the store and but Hikari some special Seal stickers for her contest and a card. Hikari also realizes that although Satoshi is reckless and implusive she cares for him and values her time with him more than anything. Upon realizing that she too runs to the store and buys Satoshi and new hat and a Ultra ball. They both go to walk out of the store and they walk into one another and Stop. Satoshi then apologizes and hands Hiakri what he brought her. This brings a blush to hikari who returns the favor. Satoshi vowed to be more careful and Hikari vowed to be more patient and understanding. (In anime The share a laugh and a hi-five) [In Fan-Fic land they smile and each other and give each other a long embrace while Satoshi says I'm really sorry and hikari replies No need to worry.]
    That was beautiful and I can see it happen. But hey didn't Hikari do those stuff form Pochama? I remember her jumping onto a TR machine for Pochama. I don't remember properly because there are tons of TR fillers in DP.

<--My tumblr

\

Page 260 of 304 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270 ... LastLast