Page 261 of 308 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,525 of 7679

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    That was beautiful and I can see it happen. But hey didn't Hikari do those stuff form Pochama? I remember her jumping onto a TR machine for Pochama. I don't remember properly because there are tons of TR fillers in DP.
    Thanks Hikari did do her share of stuff for Pochama but she wasn't nearly as reckless as Satoshi. There were so many instances of Satoshi doing something that worried Hikari or anyone for that matter.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by DarkIceBubbles View Post
    Together song: "everyone we touch"

Want to be together but people pull them apart song: "check yes Juliet" or "homecoming"

Both combined: "love story"

Btw here's my question If ash and dawn had a kid, will it be a boy or girl and wat will it name be?
    My suggestions may be a bit weird, but this is purely because I know more Chinese than Japanese (I am an actual Chinese, though from Singapore) and would use Chinese linguistic logic (as you will see later) over Japanese linguistic logic (because I only know some hiragana, katakana and some readings of kanji). For this reason, I will leave the choice of choosing the correct reading of the name I give to you people.

If Ash and Dawn had children (2), they would be named 慧 (the girl) and 輝 (the boy). The reason why I would choose these names would be that both names are related to either Ash's or Dawn's Japanese names, as follows:

- Ash's Japanese name is most likely derived from a reading of the kanji 智. It is also his name in all Chinese localised versions (Mandarin or Cantonese). It forms a compound with 慧 to form 智慧 (intelligence: though Ash is hardly the epitome of it*).

- Dawn's Japanese name is most likely derived from a reading of the kanji 光. It is also her name in all Chinese localised versions. It forms a compound with 輝 to form 光輝 (radiance, glory).

- For a final case of fittingness, both 慧 and 輝 are spoken with the same pronunciation in Mandarin (unfortunately not Cantonese), only with different tones. (慧: huě; 輝: huī)

- I assigned genders for each name based on my personal experience.

*While this may be misconstrued as a cheap shot against Ash, this is not: I am just drawing attention to the fact that Ash is not above doing massively stupid things in impulse.
    Everyone together! ˇ 大家聚合!ˇ Alles zusammen! ˇ 모두 함께! ˇ 一緒にみんな!

Source: Bulbapedia

White 2 - Drake - 2838 9377 2007
    3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:
    DWFs: PM for details.

Open GMT 1100-1600 on weekdays & GMT 0000-1600 on weekends.
    Important info may be given through voice chat during trades.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum1024 View Post
    If Ash and Dawn had children (2), they would be named 慧 (the girl) and 輝 (the boy)

- Ash's Japanese name is most likely derived from a reading of the kanji 智. It is also his name in all Chinese localised versions (Mandarin or Cantonese). It forms a compound with 慧 to form 智慧 (intelligence: though Ash is hardly the epitome of it*).

- Dawn's Japanese name is most likely derived from a reading of the kanji 光. It is also her name in all Chinese localised versions. It forms a compound with 輝 to form 光輝 (radiance, glory).

- For a final case of fittingness, both 慧 and 輝 are spoken with the same pronunciation in Mandarin (unfortunately not Cantonese), only with different tones. (慧: huě; 輝: huī)

- I assigned genders for each name based on my personal experience.

*While this may be misconstrued as a cheap shot against Ash, this is not: I am just drawing attention to the fact that Ash is not above doing massively stupid things in impulse.
    Ummm good to know? Bu can u plzz tell me in English the boy and girl name? I don't understand Chinese and japannese
    My Perfict Team:
    Partner:

Ummm good to know? Bu can u plzz tell me in English the boy and girl name? I don't understand Chinese and japannese
    I just checked with my Japanese dictionary.

Assuming I chose correctly, 慧 should be pronounced as Satoi (さとい) and 輝 would be pronounced as Teru (てる). Don't quote me on this though: I found 5 possible readings of 慧 (one of which is Satoshi) and 7 possible readings of 輝 (one of which is Hikaru). It must be noted that both characters have a possible Nanori (名乗り) reading of Akira.
    Last edited by Quantum1024; 25th June 2013 at 3:40 PM.

3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:

Well, its been a long time, hasn't it, my fellow Pearlshippers!

Still unable to come here often, i'm going to back in this thread, find the post about me asking what fanfics to read to get my AshxDawn desires higher, and (hopefully) keep up with this thread!

Until then, keep shipping Ash and Dawn
    Ships:
    Pearlshipping (OTP)
    ArmourShipping (sometimes)

Other Stuff:
    Competitive Super Smash Bros. Player
    Competitive Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Player
    Competitive Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v.2012 Player
    14 Years young :P

Always have and will always be proud of being a Pokemon Shipper! Don't care if people judge me for my age!

"You Can't Change the World without [going through] a little pain" - Team Plasma Grunt

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...11908613_n.jpg

I find this funny.

I just checked with my Japanese dictionary.

Assuming I chose correctly, 慧 should be pronounced as Satoi (さとい) and 輝 would be pronounced as Teru (てる). Don't quote me on this though: I found 5 possible readings of 慧 (one of which is Satoshi) and 7 possible readings of 輝 (one of which is Hikaru). It must be noted that both characters have a possible Nanori (名乗り) reading of Akira.
    Ummm what?!? U lost me
    My Perfict Team:
    Partner:

Ummm what?!? U lost me
    Ahem, so my intent was not clear enough.

TL;DR
    - 慧 (the girl mentioned earlier at post #6502) would be called Satoi.
    - 輝 (the boy mentioned at same post) would be called Teru.
    - Use my readings with caution.

More details
    Unfortunately, Japanese has many different readings for each individual kanji word, which is why I went
    I will leave the choice of choosing the correct reading of the name I give to you people.
    in the same post.
    I found 5 possible readings of 慧 (one of which is Satoshi) and 7 possible readings of 輝 (one of which is Hikaru).
    Which may cause problems because the first one could be read as Satoshi (duh) and the second one is too close to Hikari (probably makes it more appropriate though). Also, both 慧 and 輝 can be read as Akira as well.

Further thoughts
    Another recommendation I would give for the child's name would be Hoshino (星野). I took this name from a character in Kafka on the Shore, a Japanese novel I read. (I don't really read novels: I only read it under the recommendation of a reviewer. He didn't mention the less family-friendly aspects of the novel though.) My reasoning is because 星 (star) can be associated with the words 智 (智星 can be read as 'star of wisdom') and 光 (星光 just means starlight), both making for quite an appropriate association. In the novel, Hoshino is a random truck driver who got dragged into the events of the story because he wanted to help an old man to go somewhere, kind of like "I have no idea what I am doing here" Satoshi. The 野 (can be read as wild, reckless) part of the name... well you get the idea (I was talking about the "reckless" bit).

3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:

輝 (one of which is Hikaru).
    If they have twins, one should be named Hikaru and the other Kaoru. :3 *runs away*
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Ahem, so my intent was not clear enough.

TL;DR
    - 慧 (the girl mentioned earlier at post #6502) would be called Satoi.
    - 輝 (the boy mentioned at same post) would be called Teru.
    - Use my readings with caution.

More details
    Unfortunately, Japanese has many different readings for each individual kanji word, which is why I went in the same post. Which may cause problems because the first one could be read as Satoshi (duh) and the second one is too close to Hikari (probably makes it more appropriate though). Also, both 慧 and 輝 can be read as Akira as well.

Further thoughts
    Another recommendation I would give for the child's name would be Hoshino (星野). I took this name from a character in Kafka on the Shore, a Japanese novel I read. (I don't really read novels: I only read it under the recommendation of a reviewer. He didn't mention the less family-friendly aspects of the novel though.) My reasoning is because 星 (star) can be associated with the words 智 (智星 can be read as 'star of wisdom') and 光 (星光 just means starlight), both making for quite an appropriate association. In the novel, Hoshino is a random truck driver who got dragged into the events of the story because he wanted to help an old man to go somewhere, kind of like "I have no idea what I am doing here" Satoshi. The 野 (can be read as wild, reckless) part of the name... well you get the idea (I was talking about the "reckless" bit).
    Ohhhhhh that make more sence now ^o^
    My Perfict Team:
    Partner:

Hoshino 星野 is pretty much a surname. I'd say that any name with 智 or 光 sounds fine, then adding some typically masculine or feminine given name components to them.

So something like 智花;智華 Tomoka or 光子 Mitsuko would be feminine given names, or go through a list of common Japanese given names with 智 or 光, sorting them into masculine or feminine, because that's the closest I can think of.

On the topic of Pearlshipping, I'm also doing some research regarding the Hikari fanbase (mainly Pearlshippers in particular) in Japan. Messageboards there tend to think a lot on minor hints, and they've already picked up on the hints far earlier than we did, especially with the BW opening 'Best Wishes' and all that. On that note, there were radio (Team Rocket radio, if you're interested http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/rd/) episodes featuring Hikari's seiyuu sometime in September 2012. It was expected that she was going to leave again (and she said that she was going to leave again), but what she said at the end of the program and for much of the conversation made some Hikari fans feel agitated (though in a curious way). Obviously they aren't going reveal openly about a possible Hikari revival because that might cause a huge public relations disaster for the anime producers and the anime fans. And they did keep quite a few surprises for the anime viewers before.

Like I said, there is roughly a slim chance of her appearing again, but to say that she would never appear again is rather pessimistic and it has shown that patterns don't matter when it comes to the Pokemon anime.
    Last edited by karczx; 29th June 2013 at 3:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karczx View Post
    Hoshino 星野 is pretty much a surname. I'd say that any name with 智 or 光 sounds fine, then adding some typically masculine or feminine given name components to them.

So something like 智花;智華 Tomoka or 光子 Mitsuko would be feminine given names, or go through a list of common Japanese given names with 智 or 光, sorting them into masculine or feminine, because that's the closest I can think of.
    Another part of the story I did not make clear: I wanted to create names that are connected to 智 or 光, without actually using the characters themselves. However, since I am a Chinese, not a Japanese, I have absolutely no experience with creating Japanese names.

3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:

@karczx, I have a good surprise today to you. Read those hints:

And here comes my theory about get any chabce of Dawn re-joining the cast. If the theory has a chance of being as reality, the writers have to do days/months before the announcement and before the announcement the following things. In them, there's:
    -Make Team Rocket back into the funny mode (mode that ended in DP191) in the filler sga of Best Wishes.
    -Saying or implying earlier than usual that both Iris and Cilan will leave. Ther poster with the Sayonara came out on 23th March, a good 6 months before Iris and Cilan will leave.
    -Dawn's Piplup getting merchandise months and months after the cameo until the movie merchandise came on. Also, there's recommended that there's a set of merch of relative importance just before the new series. I see a lot of Piplup toys before the movie. I love Marine could be a example of this* (and one note: Manaphy are getting a C-Gear with Jirachi and the former appeared last Thursday).
    -There has been a hole that with the known events of Decolora Adventures (this is until a poster revealed all of Da!) there aren't enough episodes to cover all the plot points presented. And that July Fan don't reveal anything about the September episodes (or better, the Kanto episodes). Check.
    -And probably the most important of all, the first XY character to be confirmed to be in the XY anime should be Ash Ketchum and not any new main character. This will be contrary to BW and DP where Ash was revealed later. Checkkkkk.

Notes: At least for the first year or so, the 3 Kalos starters had to share screentime equally to promote the games.
    The XY merchandise shouldn't have Piplup until Dawn is confirmed to come back Merchandise can't give such spoiler.

To complement things, a bit of bad ratings and the make wanting to hype arcs. In other words, the anime has to be in a situation that they could prefer shock moments.

All the hints posted could gop well with Shauna and Serena. before anyone ask. But:
    Serena is too old for being the main girl.
    Shauna is technically a game rival (very friendly but a rival), what gives doubts of joining the main cast. If Shauna were to make the main cast,l and specially knowing that Ash will go to Lumiose City, my guess is that Shauna could be a Pokemon Trainer II defeating the Gyms that Ash didn0't fight (Cause: differencfes between X and Y in the Gyms).

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    @karczx, I have a good surprise today to you. Read those hints:

And here comes my theory about get any chabce of Dawn re-joining the cast. If the theory has a chance of being as reality, the writers have to do days/months before the announcement and before the announcement the following things. In them, there's:
    -Make Team Rocket back into the funny mode (mode that ended in DP191) in the filler sga of Best Wishes.
    -Saying or implying earlier than usual that both Iris and Cilan will leave. Ther poster with the Sayonara came out on 23th March, a good 6 months before Iris and Cilan will leave.
    -Dawn's Piplup getting merchandise months and months after the cameo until the movie merchandise came on. Also, there's recommended that there's a set of merch of relative importance just before the new series. I see a lot of Piplup toys before the movie. I love Marine could be a example of this* (and one note: Manaphy are getting a C-Gear with Jirachi and the former appeared last Thursday).
    -There has been a hole that with the known events of Decolora Adventures (this is until a poster revealed all of Da!) there aren't enough episodes to cover all the plot points presented. And that July Fan don't reveal anything about the September episodes (or better, the Kanto episodes). Check.
    -And probably the most important of all, the first XY character to be confirmed to be in the XY anime should be Ash Ketchum and not any new main character. This will be contrary to BW and DP where Ash was revealed later. Checkkkkk.

Notes: At least for the first year or so, the 3 Kalos starters had to share screentime equally to promote the games.
    The XY merchandise shouldn't have Piplup until Dawn is confirmed to come back Merchandise can't give such spoiler.

To complement things, a bit of bad ratings and the make wanting to hype arcs. In other words, the anime has to be in a situation that they could prefer shock moments.

All the hints posted could gop well with Shauna and Serena. before anyone ask. But:
    Serena is too old for being the main girl.
    Shauna is technically a game rival (very friendly but a rival), what gives doubts of joining the main cast. If Shauna were to make the main cast,l and specially knowing that Ash will go to Lumiose City, my guess is that Shauna could be a Pokemon Trainer II defeating the Gyms that Ash didn0't fight (Cause: differencfes between X and Y in the Gyms).
    Interesting. I think they've also shown that Decolora might not be the final arc in Best Wishes, since it might be shown that Iris and Cilan leave as soon as they arrive at Kanto.

Also, there is another possible hint. The third track to the BW 2nd season opening 'Be an Arrow' was 'Kimi no mune ni LaLaLa', along with a special CD jacket showing Ash, Dawn, Pikachu and Piplup along with lyrics to the song. And they also released a Piplup plush at the time too, which is still pretty popular amongst the hosts of Pokemon Smash when it was showcased.

http://mint.45.kg/satohika/bw2_memo01.html

I don't think bad ratings made a difference in the anime, since it was intended to be as short as possible, since they didn't really have any remakes of past games. It's also shown that they didn't really take Best Wishes that seriously, so they must be saving the seriousness for XY (same writers and directors as before, with different storyboard writers and animators).

For the Toyoguchi guest interview in September 2012, here's the part (and final part) that riled up some Hikari/SatoHika fans with excitement and curiosity over in Japan, luckily saved by a Pearlshipper:

R団「またちょっとお別れしちゃうんだって」
     また会えるといいですねっていう流れで
     ムサシ「ほんとに出たい?」
     豊「出ましょうよ、もちろん出ましょうよ」
     「レギュラーになっちゃうのかなという雰囲気をかもしだしてましたよね」
     豊「偉い人おねがいしまーす」

↑この最後のとこが一番もりあがった
     もっといろいろ言ってたけど録音してないからまた聞きたいな
    Basically they're trying to hint that Toyoguchi might make a return, as she wishes to be a 'regular' cast member and 'pleads' with the ones in charge of the anime. The way they asked the questions is that they're trying to tease the radio audience about by hinting at something. Sounds a little familiar for what they did with hyping up certain things lately, especially the whole fan reaction to Sylveon's fairy typing. So far after AG, Toyoguchi only voice acted as Dawn. Contrary to Yuji Ueda who voiced Marlon and a few other characters in Best Wishes after Brock's departure, but he has always voice acted as side characters.
    Last edited by karczx; 1st July 2013 at 4:37 PM.

Interesting. I think they've also shown that Decolora might not be the final arc in Best Wishes, since it might be shown that Iris and Cilan leave as soon as they arrive at Kanto.

Also, there is another possible hint. The third track to the BW 2nd season opening 'Be an Arrow' was 'Kimi no mune ni LaLaLa', along with a special CD jacket showing Ash, Dawn, Pikachu and Piplup along with lyrics to the song. And they also released a Piplup plush at the time too, which is still pretty popular amongst the hosts of Pokemon Smash when it was showcased.

http://mint.45.kg/satohika/bw2_memo01.html

I don't think bad ratings made a difference in the anime, since it was intended to be as short as possible, since they didn't really have any remakes of past games. It's also shown that they didn't really take Best Wishes that seriously, so they must be saving the seriousness for XY (same writers and directors as before, with different storyboard writers and animators).

For the Toyoguchi guest interview in September 2012, here's the part (and final part) that riled up some Hikari/SatoHika fans with excitement and curiosity over in Japan, luckily saved by a Pearlshipper:

Basically they're trying to hint that Toyoguchi might make a return, as she wishes to be a 'regular' cast member and 'pleads' with the ones in charge of the anime. The way they asked the questions is that they're trying to tease the radio audience about by hinting at something. Sounds a little familiar for what they did with hyping up certain things lately, especially the whole fan reaction to Sylveon's fairy typing. So far after AG, Toyoguchi only voice acted as Dawn. Contrary to Yuji Ueda who voiced Marlon and a few other characters in Best Wishes after Brock's departure, but he has always voice acted as side characters.
    I do agree that the hype for a Hikari revival is approaching a fever pitch among Japanese Pearlies. I however think it may not be for XY. Although I would LOVE Hikari to return for XY i think that there will be a small Kanto saga after DA. if the XY anime doesnt start till Oct. 17th That is enough time for a 6-10 ep saga that starts in mid August or so. We still dont know all the episodes of Da. Beeheeym is next then the new Gen VI pkmn but what about Clair and the Farewell episodes. Next week is the Mewtwo special and Movie 15 reair. The week after is skipped I believe due to a hour naruto special. We also learned that another Gen VI pkmn will surface in a August episode. Who is to say it isnt a small kanto saga in which Ash sees Hikari or Misty or Brock and learns of Karos then Iris and Dent goes off to be awesome elsewhere.

I will be paying close attention to the after episode promos to see but while I have hope and small evidence to sustain why Hikari is on her way back even if for a cameo it may not be during XY.

(That is my return to pearl post. lol I missed you guys)

I am going to squeal like a girl if Dawn does return for XY. But I am afraid I HATE Piplup. But uh Piplup is Dawn's Pikachu, so it's going to stay with her no matter what. I wish they don't shove Piplup onto our faces. But then again, even I think Dawn might return only for a brief Kanto arc. Sure I understand the evidence fer92 posted, but I want to be Mr. Skeptic for now. Because being skeptical makes life better in the Pokemon fandom.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    I do agree that the hype for a Hikari revival is approaching a fever pitch among Japanese Pearlies. I however think it may not be for XY. Although I would LOVE Hikari to return for XY i think that there will be a small Kanto saga after DA. if the XY anime doesnt start till Oct. 17th That is enough time for a 6-10 ep saga that starts in mid August or so. We still dont know all the episodes of Da. Beeheeym is next then the new Gen VI pkmn but what about Clair and the Farewell episodes. Next week is the Mewtwo special and Movie 15 reair. The week after is skipped I believe due to a hour naruto special. We also learned that another Gen VI pkmn will surface in a August episode. Who is to say it isnt a small kanto saga in which Ash sees Hikari or Misty or Brock and learns of Karos then Iris and Dent goes off to be awesome elsewhere.

I will be paying close attention to the after episode promos to see but while I have hope and small evidence to sustain why Hikari is on her way back even if for a cameo it may not be during XY.

(That is my return to pearl post. lol I missed you guys)
    Well, that's assuming we don't know how long XY would be. It could run for about 3 years just like last time or maybe even 4 years, enough time for a Hikari revival fever pitch to die out. And by that time, Hikari would become an 'old character', so it's very unlikely that she will show up outside of a flashback cameo about 4-5 years after her last appearance. Therefore, if she has to make a regular revival, then it would most likely show up around the end of Best Wishes, right at the moment of the fever pitch, culminating into a revival. Since XY anime release is late compared to the previous series (October compared to September), there's still much more to cover. Though there is still some doubt, since it'll be hard to reverse what happened in DP191, where it was seen as a farewell. But at the same time, what happened during Hikari's cameo in BW2 sort of reversed it, but not entirely in a satisfactory way. And if now's not the time, then it never will be.

That Gen VI Pokemon might not be another Pokemon, but possibly another Noivern that might be related to Clair, Iris and the Dragon Master plot.
    Last edited by karczx; 2nd July 2013 at 8:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    I am going to squeal like a girl if Dawn does return for XY. But I am afraid I HATE Piplup. But uh Piplup is Dawn's Pikachu, so it's going to stay with her no matter what. I wish they don't shove Piplup onto our faces. But then again, even I think Dawn might return only for a brief Kanto arc. Sure I understand the evidence fer92 posted, but I want to be Mr. Skeptic for now. Because being skeptical makes life better in the Pokemon fandom.
    To be honest, I have a feeling that if they do return Dawn, it's purely going to be for Piplup, who's insanely popular in Japan.

Another thing: if Kalos is indeed confirmed to have Contests again, as many have speculated, that would be the perfect excuse for Dawn's return, either as Ash's companion or a recurring character (maybe she could be the rival to Ash's new girl companion, if she turns out to be a co-ordinator? Who knows). Of course, Contests haven't been confirmed yet, but I think it's pretty likely that they will make a return, considering what we know about the region so far. If they do, it would be a pity to not reference Dawn (heck, even May).

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    To be honest, I have a feeling that if they do return Dawn, it's purely going to be for Piplup, who's insanely popular in Japan.

Another thing: if Kalos is indeed confirmed to have Contests again, as many have speculated, that would be the perfect excuse for Dawn's return, either as Ash's companion or a recurring character (maybe she could be the rival to Ash's new girl companion, if she turns out to be a co-ordinator? Who knows). Of course, Contests haven't been confirmed yet, but I think it's pretty likely that they will make a return, considering what we know about the region so far. If they do, it would be a pity to not reference Dawn (heck, even May).
    If they made Hikari return as a rival for the new chick that would be an amazing twist and a convention breaker. The even gens is normally when the rules are bent more I would love that to happen then maybe Hikari could win either a GF or a stylist (w/e i would be I believe Hikari would go to Karos as a stylist.) MAybe even Satoshi could get to the finals even if he loses I want to see progression and he does his best in even Gens. So if we cant get Hikari back as a main character I would love her to be a recurring rival a la Shinji and Nozomi. That would be great.

Hikari is tied strongly with Piplup and thus Piplup merchandising as a result. So they can't get rid of her as Piplup is too popular and you really couldn't have Piplup without his trainer Hikari. To Japanese Pearlshippers, any promotion of any Pokemon associated with Hikari, mainly her Piplup and Buneary, is a support for Pearlshipping and Hikari. The studio only pays attention to concerns on the domestic market (Japan), and Piplup (and Hikari by extension) is popular in Japan but not elsewhere. The interview also hinted at Toyoguchi possibly back to being a 'regular', as a co-star/traveling companion, much like Satoshi. Since she only had one role after her Hikari audition, it's likely (but not definitely) that she would return to the main cast as Hikari. BW was a testing ground of sorts to see if other Pokemon could be as popular as Piplup, such as Axew, Pansage and Oshawott. Since they didn't have as much success presumably in Japan compared to Piplup, they're probably backtracking.

The one prediction that I had in mind, in the case if she does return, is that if Satoshi has Callum's clothing, then Hikari would go with Serena's clothing. Since Hikari is very much a female version of Satoshi and Serena does give a strong Hikari-like vibe, so it's not hard to imagine her like that. In XY, so far the only one first confirmed to be in the anime is Satoshi, no one else, breaking a trend compared to previous series. That might mean they would save an unexpected surprise (maybe expected amongst some Pearlshippers) for everyone within the coming months.

It's unknown as to what kind of role Hikari would play in XY if she does appear, because they would have to cover up a lot of plot holes associated with her return. What else could they think of for keeping Hikari as a regular in the show? How would her interactions with Satoshi change in XY? There's so much to wonder about in the case if she ever does make a return as a regular cast member.
    Last edited by karczx; 4th July 2013 at 8:38 PM.

Hikari is tied strongly with Piplup and thus Piplup merchandising as a result. So they can't get rid of her as Piplup is too popular and you really couldn't have Piplup without his trainer Hikari. To Japanese Pearlshippers, any promotion of any Pokemon associated with Hikari, mainly her Piplup and Buneary, is a support for Pearlshipping and Hikari. The studio only pays attention to concerns on the domestic market (Japan), and Piplup (and Hikari by extension) is popular in Japan but not elsewhere. The interview also hinted at Toyoguchi possibly back to being a 'regular', as a co-star/traveling companion, much like Satoshi. Since she only had one role after her Hikari audition, it's likely (but not definitely) that she would return to the main cast as Hikari. BW was a testing ground of sorts to see if other Pokemon could be as popular as Piplup, such as Axew, Pansage and Oshawott. Since they didn't have as much success presumably in Japan compared to Piplup, they're probably backtracking.

The one prediction that I had in mind, in the case if she does return, is that if Satoshi has Callum's clothing, then Hikari would go with Serena's clothing. Since Hikari is very much a female version of Satoshi and Serena does give a strong Hikari-like vibe, so it's not hard to imagine her like that. In XY, so far the only one first confirmed to be in the anime is Satoshi, no one else, breaking a trend compared to previous series. That might mean they would save an unexpected surprise (maybe expected amongst some Pearlshippers) for everyone within the coming months.

It's unknown as to what kind of role Hikari would play in XY if she does appear, because they would have to cover up a lot of plot holes associated with her return. What else could they think of for keeping Hikari as a regular in the show? How would her interactions with Satoshi change in XY? There's so much to wonder about in the case if she ever does make a return as a regular cast member.
    If Hikari does retuem tp the show as a main character I dont see many plot points needed to explain why. The Hikari go to Hoenn deal never made it out of Japan so I dont think it was made Canon due to its chance of confusing the international watchers. They didnt mentioned it at all in BW2 so I doubt its Canon now. I would love Hikari in the new chicks outfit it would be cool a better color scheme would be nice though. I can see hikari back as a stylist or coordinator anything else just seems weird.

It would sure be interesting if Hikari made Satoshi's new outfit and had a note attached to it saying she's a designer now working from lumiose, which is why satoshi goes there first.

If Hikari does retuem tp the show as a main character I dont see many plot points needed to explain why. The Hikari go to Hoenn deal never made it out of Japan so I dont think it was made Canon due to its chance of confusing the international watchers. They didnt mentioned it at all in BW2 so I doubt its Canon now. I would love Hikari in the new chicks outfit it would be cool a better color scheme would be nice though. I can see hikari back as a stylist or coordinator anything else just seems weird.
    I guess it's safe to say that they abandoned the plot of her going to Hoenn as it wasn't mentioned at all. So that might be a sign that the episode was bordering on non-canon. But the more questionable parts are how would their reactions be in XY compared to in DP? Would they be using the same formula, or would they attempt to shake things up a bit? Since it's known that they have the closest bond with each other, it's a little hard to determine how their reactions will be and how their relationship will develop in XY. But with what they're doing right now, maybe it is a small step in the right direction.

I mean, even if they were to bring her back just solely for the sake of Piplup, it wouldn't be so bad. On the bright side, we get to see Hikari as part of the main cast again, and potentially more Pokemon goods sold. And if it means anything, it would certainly count as a victory for Pearlshippers. The excessive promotion of Piplup did slightly correlate with the series having more Pearlshipping hints in DP for instance.

As for the Hikari rival hypothesis, I think they did portray her as a rival of sorts during her cameo in the Junior cup arc, especially in the openings before she was replaced by Kotetsu.

I have a question for everyone:

IF/WHEN Hikari does return in some capacity how/where would it happen?

I'll save my answer until after I see some others.

I have a question for everyone:

IF/WHEN Hikari does return in some capacity how/where would it happen?

I'll save my answer until after I see some others.
    There are two scenarios I thought about, one at the end of BW, and the other at the start of XY.

When: Maybe some time after the arrival back in Kanto, where she reunites with Ash, but also probably meeting Iris and Cilan again as well as being introduced to Alexa or maybe shortly after Iris and Cilan leave the main cast. They might also reveal who the companions are prior to the airing of the episode. She might show up as an unexpected companion in Kalos, probably.

How, if first scenario: Hikari presumably surprises Satoshi again but might hide something from him, probably over her performance in the Wallace Cup. Unlike with what happened last time, she probably lost or placed horribly in the rankings. Presumably she didn't get the Aqua Ribbon like her last Wallace Cup. She manages to find out about Kalos one way or the other when she finds out about contests being held there. She leaves most of her team behind aside from Piplup and probably Buneary. Like Ash, she decides to start a new journey, 'resetting' her. Hikari has always wanted to travel with Satoshi, so she tags along again and travels with him to Lumiose City and start their journey to Kalos.

How, if second scenario: Hikari surprises Satoshi just as he arrives in Lumiose City. Hikari tells him about her unfortunate Wallace Cup results, she tells Satoshi that she wants to compete in the Kalos Grand Festival after her abysmal performance in the Wallace Cup. She shows up with Piplup and maybe Buneary.

Either way, Hikari and Satoshi get new outfits based on the player characters of XY, but it would be interesting if they were both designed by Hikari rather than being given those outfits by their mothers. Hikari might choose Fennekin, a more feminine mammalian Pokemon that's within Hikari's aesthetic taste (mammalian Pokemon aside from Togekiss), while Satoshi would probably choose Chespin or Froakie first, then acquire the other later on. I find that the first scenario seems to be more plausible than the second. I'm betting that Decolora would still feature episodes from Kanto, and that Hikari might show up at the very end of BW, culminating into XY. The roughly two month gap between the Alexa Noivern episode and the last BW episode would seem to give enough time for just one episode showcasing Hikari's revival as a regular in XY. So I guess even though it wouldn't be surprising to see Hikari in Pallet Town and that BW/XY is geared towards a younger generation, it wouldn't make much of a difference if she showed up.
    Last edited by karczx; 8th July 2013 at 12:11 AM.

Hello guys!! ;v; I'm terribly sorry for my unforgivable absence -- serebii hasn't been a priority for me much these days -- but I just wanted to pop in to tell you guys that I'm loving the lively activity here, and I wanted to share a fanart I did today!

Page 261 of 308 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271 ... LastLast