Page 11 of 305 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

I am new here! I am really into Pearlshipping, may I join?
    Sizors are red Azurills are blue, Uxie is yellow, and way better than you!! XD
    Team Rocket's blasting off again!
    Brock is IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought that the episode was called Pikachu & Piplup stay away. I guessed that it could mean that the two pokemon are aware of Ash and Dawn's romantic relationship and that they are keeping away from them so that they can develop their bond quicker. I'm only speculating, correct me if I'm wrong.

Like Poisonous fangs my team is Deadly
    Like a mythical Dragon my team is Unpredictable
    Through any hardships my S-Team will pull through!

Maybe for the "Pikachu and Piplup Stay Away" episode, it might simply be a little tussle between the two Pokemon, knowing how feisty they are. Ash and Dawn, as well as the other Pokemon can try to break them up, maybe like the "Surely Tomorrow" ending. But I am looking forward to seeing some hints in Pearlshipping.

Even though DP 144 has been out for a while, I still think the gravity of Kotone's teasing has not been yet realized. Pearlshipping had been not receiving that many hints for the last month or so, and then, we get this? Sneaky writers.
    I can make a topic, yes?
    How has your perception of Pearlshipping changed over the course of the years?
    At first I thought Ash and Dawn were dating, and then I figured it out XD They looked to me as if they had your average, run-of-the-mill, relationship. Like they would fight and then make up and somewhere along the way, they would begin to like each other. I thought that's how it would end up. But I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that arguing was a rare occurrence.
    Fan art (not by me):
    http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/9686/pokedq3.jpg
    Last edited by Explosionshurt; 26th September 2009 at 8:25 AM.

how has your perception to pearlshipping changed over the course of the years?

well I at first didn't know that dawn would have a "thing" for ash but more and more people pointed stuff out to me and I kept noticing and noticing all these things and from then on I was sure it could lead to something and from the looks of it kotone has the same idea, and then I re watched ALL the episodes and ALL the movies with dawn in them and I noticed all thses hints so My perception changed alot from re watching and noticing all these things ^.^
    IGN:Ivan
    White 2 Friend code: 4213 2704 9239

HI, haven't been here in awhile.
    Anyways, I just watched Dp144, and I know everyone was really happy when Kotone asked Hikari if Satoshi was hers, but I was kinda sad. I'm a huge pearlshipper, and I was wondering, WHY DIDN'T HIKARI BLUSH? Does that mean she doesn't like him? I'm sad she didn't blush

Pearlshipping Is So Kawaii!

Quote Originally Posted by HikarixSatoshi View Post
    Anyways, I just watched Dp144, and I know everyone was really happy when Kotone asked Hikari if Satoshi was hers, but I was kinda sad. I'm a huge pearlshipper, and I was wondering, WHY DIDN'T HIKARI BLUSH? Does that mean she doesn't like him? I'm sad she didn't blush
    But she was really flustered. And she doesn't have to blush to show that she likes him, maybe she has bad blood circulation ^^; And it would seem like that if she didn't have feelings for Ash, she would have calmly answered "no", meaning she had already thought of her and Ash together, considered it, and turned it down. That said, we have yet to see what Kotone has in store...

Another fanart (not by me):
    http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5666/pokedp3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CrazedPochama View Post
    I am new here! I am really into Pearlshipping, may I join?
    Sure you can join! Even though this is a one-liner, I'll let it slide since you're new. Just make sure to avoid these in the future (even though you already are). ^^ Make sure to follow the rules and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by TopazPikachu View Post
    Hmm I'd like to contribute this year instead of being lazy..I forgot when it was last year so that's just no goood! I'll try and draw up some FA and post it here then! Wait.. that gives me.. 3 DAYS? Awww heck.. I'd better start now!
    Well, it is kinda my fault for not mentioning it earlier/forgot. ^^;

BUT, with the enthusiasm of Pearlshipping Day ahead of us, I'm sure you'll finish your Pearl pic/s. As for me, I think I'll start working on my Pearlshipping fic(s) and stop being lazy myself. Hopefully, I'll have the next chapter of my fic up by Pearl Day. (maybe do a one-shot if I feel like it...)

Quote Originally Posted by HikarixSatoshi View Post
    I think she would have blushed if Satoshi was there with her and Kotone. I mean, it's embarrassing to be asked if a guy you're friends with is your boyfriend, and said guy was RIGHT THERE. (I know I would xD) So, I think her reaction was normal since it was just normal girl-to-girl talk. And, as Explosionshurt said, she did get really flustered. :P

How has your perception to Pearlshipping changed over the course of the years?

Honestly, at first (when DP barely started, like on the first episode), I didn't think that Satoshi and Hikari would get along so well and so fast (or their Pokemon, either). Little by little, I started to think that they looked cute together. But, I wasn't 100% interested in this ship until a little later on in the series (back then, I didn't even know what shipping meant! -fail- xD). So, in short, my perception to Pearlshipping grew with every moment shared by them. At first I didn't think of it almost not at all, now, I think about it almost every day. *shot*

P.S: I luvs Pearlshipping. :P
    Last edited by Yuppirox; 26th September 2009 at 8:33 PM.

According to bulbapedia there will be a new ending, it will debut in dp146.

Starring :

* Pikachu (Ash's)
    * Piplup (Dawn's)
    * Buneary (Dawn's)
    * Croagunk (Brock's)
    * Bibarel
    * Weedle

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dotchi_~_Nyo%3F

At first, I believed in Pearlshipping as a ship that were 'Points of View' and nothing much. After how I saw how close the writers had put Ash and Dawn, my view of the whole predicament changed. For example, Dawn's cheer leading; as well as "the Ash close up" in 'Team Shocker!' The Dominoes Commercial and the High Touch Opening made me certain that Pearlshipping might happen, since the writers didn't really focus that intensely on other Ash pairs. The writers DIDN'T have to include ONLY Ash and Dawn in the Pizza commercial, and the also weren't forced to have the voice actors of Ash and Dawn sing High Touch, and it makes me want to think about WHY the writers are doing this, maybe they want for Ash to end up with Dawn in the end?

Well back when DP started I never though of this ship even though I saw them do things together , their first High 5 :P and etc. THen one day I started watching some Pearlshipping AMVS and I started thinking to myself , Wow! , How come I never though of them being together :O . Then I rewatched thefirst few episodes that I watched of the DP series and I noticed that the first few hints that I didn't knew of. After that I started liking the ship a lot and ranted sometimes when a Hint didn't happen XD . But still my Perception has changed since I started to support the ship over the years and I really Like, love and support Pearlshipping now thanks to those clueless times of never thinking they were going to be together XD.

Well since today a Dub episode aired and finally let's discuss something that isn't Kotone Cupid of love thing or Speculations of what she is going to do in future episodes XD

If you saw: Battling a Cute Drama! what you think of it ?

Well I will answer this later since I haven't seen the episdoe yet ^^

3DS FC : 1547-5393-2663

I thought it was nice of Dawn's mother (Johanna) to bring jackets for Ash and Brock. And seeing Dawn paranoid by Marilyn made my day even more. I like to see more of that look on Dawn's face, that ferociousness! Hey I like the fan art of Satoshi and Hikari sleeping. Excellent find.
    Last edited by A_Merry_Snowrunt; 26th September 2009 at 7:11 PM.

If you saw:battling a cute drama! what did you think of it?

well not alot went on the only thing that I noticed about ash and dawn was that they were sitting together when Brock was battling XD.it was nice of dawns mom to give ash a sweater altough I wouldn't count that as really important, the episode didn't have much :/

It was...cute. I really liked it actually, because Marilyn was so twisted. And Dawn was so ftw in this episode, usually you don't see her mad. She has a name complex though xD It's also nice that Ayako sent those jackets for Ash and Brock. Not many hints (well none actually), but overall it was good. If there was Pearlshippiness in every episode, imagine the hate we'd get >x<. (even though there is, just not visible to anyone, you need special Pearlgoggles :3)

Fanart (I think we've established none of the credit goes to me, ever):
    http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/1619/poke06.gif

Default Date Coincidence

Has anyone noticed that pearlshipping day is on the same day the Oak's Letter is being distributed over Wi-fi in America? And that this item allows you to get access to Shaymin the Gratitude pokemon? Coincidence?...Perhaps, perhaps not. The event date could have something to with the pearlshipping day date. There is also the fact that Dawn and Ash had a very strong friendship with Shaymin in movie 11.

Like Poisonous fangs my team is Deadly
    Like a mythical Dragon my team is Unpredictable
    Through any hardships my S-Team will pull through!

WAAAH! I haven't been on this thread in forever!

Ok lemme answer a few of the topics

Well for me it hasn't changed much at all. Ever since DP came out I always saw Ash and Dawn having a really strong friendship. In boyXgirl relationships I always look for strong friendships from the start. So even though in the beginning I wasn't really shipping them, I did see the potential. As the series progress I saw how their bond was so tight despite the fact they had only been around each other for awhile. Good friendships can lead to a relationship. So by mid-DP I really started to become a Pearlshipper. I definitely can see a "platonic infatuation" thing going with them.

If you saw: Battling a Cute Drama! what you think of it?

Well it was hilarious. Brock got some screentime and Marilyn was creepily awesome. And for the record Shellder is cute. But I didn't see any Pearlshipping hints. Not every episode can have hints am I right? Even though we wish they were always full of hints

Hi, I am a 100&#37; Pearlshipper. I just had to join before Pearlshipping Day 2morrow!
    If you saw: Battling a Cute Drama! what you think of it?
    It didn't really have any hints at all, but the ones with Kotone in will be much better.

Hey there its me again.

I'm just here to remind you that we are going to have 2 more episodes on Oct. 1st. "Gible, got it" and "Pokemon Contest!! Suiren Battle!!"

NOT the tag battle.

The tag battle is going to take place in 18 days from now, in other words, the 15th.

Just telling ya.

Anyways, I think that both our heroes and the johto kiddos will be around until at least the tag episode.. so let's see what happens.

Cheers;
    Nick

PS: 2morrow is pearlshipping day guys, don't forget ( Why is tomorrow P-day btw? )

may i join? i love dawn and ash together~ its probably
    one of the best couple i have seen.
    Also to me pearlshipping might become reality, we never know :3

I can't believe its time for Pearlshipping day! =D

As for battling a cute drama, it wasn't a pig pearlshippy episode, but it wasn't like it lacked hints at all. Dawn and Ash sat together on the bench, witnessing the battle, and after Dawn lost, Ash comforted her by telling her that it wasn't her fault, and that Marilyn was a person who "did her own thing". Classroom Training might have a few hints, so we should will be looking forward to it ^_^

Hey Niker117!
    the reason tomorrow is considered Pearlshipping day is that it is actually the Bday of pearlshipping. Yea, the first D&P episode aired in japan September 28, 2006, so that was Dawn's debut in the show. So in a little bit more than 5hours here in america, the shipping we all like will be 3years old

P.S. im new here but i REALLY like Pearlshipping so may i join?
    Last edited by polo150; 28th September 2009 at 12:34 AM.

Really? so our favorite couple is 3 years old in our timeline...

I'd also like to tell everyone that I HAD a fanfiction... School Days...

Made it to 30 chapters... but it ended up dying. Anyways, if anyone wants to read it look for Niker in Fanfiction

So that's all for tonight... 3 hours here in Argentina for PD-Day...

Cheers,
    Nick

PS: Consider my FANFICTION a gift for PD-Day... I kept it as my card up my sleeve. Search for School Days or Niker ( my account in FF ) in FF. You'll like it I guess... but it was my first attempt... I then retired for a while. still thinking about making another FF but who knows.
    Last edited by Niker117; 28th September 2009 at 1:50 AM. Reason: addition

wow pearlshipping day in 3 hours
    but honestly nothings gonna happen beside the dawn/ash thing becomes
    3 year old..but i just HOPE someone post another fanfic because the one here i read all
    of them. (through time and space) was probably the best one for me
    Last edited by wiitard119; 28th September 2009 at 1:50 AM.
    I love the new anime (XY)... great things will be upon us for this gen.
    **first time putting this in a signature buuuut,
    Proud~ Shipper OF Amourshipping. (SatoSere)~

I probably won't contribute to pearlshipping day but I will see, enjoy, and read all the fics and pictures you guys will draw it's cool that it has been 3 years time sure did fly by, it's been asked alot but here goes ^.^:

what are your five top pearlshipping moments ?

-rise of darkrai movie: where ash helps dawn from falling from the tower
    -the high touch/ high fives
    -tanks for the memories: ice scream scene
    -the river scene in the arceus movie
    -the luvdisc scene where they see a school of luvdisc

Quote Originally Posted by wiitard119 View Post
    may i join? i love dawn and ash together~ its definitely
    one of the best couple i have seen.
    Also to me pearlshipping might become reality, we never know :3
    You speak the truth from your heart. XD
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazedPochama View Post
    I can't believe its time for Pearlshipping day! =D

As for battling a cute drama, it wasn't a pig pearlshippy episode, but it wasn't like it lacked hints at all. Dawn and Ash sat together on the bench, witnessing the battle, and after Dawn lost, Ash comforted her by telling her that it wasn't her fault, and that Marilyn was a person who "did her own thing". Classroom Training might have a few hints, so we should will be looking forward to it ^_^
    I see you have your Pearlgoggles on, securely fastened. That's good, we need your optimism around here. By the way, I think Marilyn needs to have her brain checked (for various reasons), because if she likes cute stuff, she should have at least melted when she saw Ash and Dawn together.

Quote Originally Posted by Niker117 View Post
    Really? so our favorite couple is 3 years old in our timeline...
    I'm still wondering why other shippers consider Pearlshipping to be new and alien, like it doesn't deserve to have the same status as the more "classic" ships, so to speak. Oh well...we still have one more year to savor the sublime glory of Pearlshipping.

what are your five top pearlshipping moments ?
    Uhm, in no particular order:
    -Tanks for the memories: Ice cream date
    -Opening: High Touch
    -A Maze-ing Race: Ash and Dawn thinking 'bout each other all day long :3
    -Cream of the Croagunk Crop: When Dawn hid behind Ash, and his dance proposal
    -Mounting a Coordinator Assault: First high five, best high five
    Last edited by Explosionshurt; 28th September 2009 at 1:59 AM.

Page 11 of 305 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast