Page 153 of 306 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 7640

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

For FS's and DUk's sanity's sake I'll try and wrap it up with this.

I guess the point to all my drivel concerning DP180 is revolved around the writers intentions. Unless they made crap up as they went along, it was likely intended that Ash loose to Kenny in a "one-sided" battle over Dawn, or w/e you want to call it. Obviously my question is why? It seemed fairly akward to me that they would indulge Kenny, and Dawn's relationship at that late of a stage if they didn't intend to make anything out of it. When it really wasn't expanded upon as say Drew and May. Then there's the fact that they live in the same town, have the same goals, etc etc.

As for Ash, and Dawn's relationship, seeing as how it was built up and emphasized throughout Sinnoh just to have that episode come along seemed like a perpetual "smack" for lack of a better term to the fans of this particular pairing. Not to downplay this shipping, but it seemed they didn't want to give the viewer the idea that Dawn and Ash could happen so they introduced Kenny as a character, and eventually DP180. Hence why I borught up the comparison to the Drew/Kenny thing. Drew beat Ash, and she would eventually develop a thing for him. Kenny beat Ash, and Dawn called it "cool." Dawn's not nearly a clueless about love as Ash is. She knew what was transpiring in DP178.

I guess you could argue that the meaning of High Touch was subtly emphasized in DP180, and the fact that she still wanted to travel with them is a nice touch too.
    Last edited by Hyuuga Neji; 20th September 2010 at 8:39 PM.

Hi 8D! I've been a fan of this pairing for as long as I can remember. Can I join this discussion?

What do you like about Pearlshipping?

I could go on for hours when it comes to Pearlshipping.
    For starters, they just look so cute together, IMO, and it really does feel right to me. I also really love the deep bond that Ash and Dawn have. They're like seriously the best of friends and the high fives prove that. Plus, there's High Touch, which really happens to be one of my favorite songs. I really love it when Dawn actually wore a cheerleading outfit for a couple of Ash's gym battles; neither Misty or May went to such lengths just to cheer him. Ash hasn't missed a single one of Dawn's contests; he never did that for May.

Credit | Author's Profile | Multi-Shipper ☆ Drew fan | Status: Inactive

I'm kinda sad that pearlshipping ended D: But I am looking forward to seeing Hikari again And next time, when she leaves in BW (after her few episodes she gets like May and Misty did) I think she will show more emotion for Ash. (like may cried the 2nd time when she left Ash). Yep.. As i reflect on the episodes, i realized how deep their friendship really was(yeah, i think we all know that XD) I drew a fanart :

http://crazedpochamaxd.deviantart.co...8781812?q=&qo=

i was kinda dissapointed that Hikari didn't cry.. D: But I think that really reflects upon their closeness. Friends don't cry, and stay strong for each other :P

I love Pokemon fanifcs! I remember one i read a loooooong time ago. I wanna read it again, but i can't find it! It was on fanfiction.net, and it was about Darkrai and ash and dawn are stuck on an island, and darkrai keeps attacking them, and they have to survive. it was pretty epic. I am working on a factiction too, but i am too lazy to finish it (maybe i will!~)

I will keep posting fanarts when i draw them! Even if they left, i'll still support and keep pearlshipping alive! (kinda corny, i know XD)
    Sizors are red Azurills are blue, Uxie is yellow, and way better than you!! XD
    Team Rocket's blasting off again!
    Brock is IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys! Back from a (very) short hiatus. I'll respond to a few people eventually, by my main focus is... of course:

Spoiler:- Neji:

btw, I'm calling it now, at least one of Dawn's cameo episodes is Buneary-focused, which will give us a good shot at Pearlshipping.

-EDIT-
    @CrazedPoochama: May didn't cry the second time. She wasn't sad at all. Max cried. May has yet to cry about leaving Ash, any of the three times it happened. (I JUST watched those episodes). Hikari might have been crying, actually. When her head is bowed, we can't see what she's doing, but Piplup is watching in an odd way. (Tears probably didn't come out, but I'd bet she was still "crying").

@Crimsonash310: About Ash always losing, exactly! Was "Ash losing to Paul everytime" a smack in favor of Ikarishipping? No. What about Zoey laughing at Ash (the like 5 times it happened)? No. etc.etc.

Also, I beat you to the response

@Xx-Endless_Summer-xX: Awesome pictures, as always . I really do wish Ketchup and hats had been part of the exchange... Dawn actually looks better with Ash's hat than her own XD.

One more note I want to make. Is it just me or does the logo on Ash's hat look a bit more like Dawn's than his old ones.
    Last edited by Facescar; 20th September 2010 at 9:27 PM.
    FanFiction Profile! (3/1 update: What's Left Unsaid, Chpt. 6)
    Please leave a review to help me improve!
    Click here for story progress updates

For FS's and DUk's sanity's sake I'll try and wrap it up with this.

I guess the point to all my drivel concerning DP180 is revolved around the writers intentions. Unless they made crap up as they went along, it was likely intended that Ash loose to Kenny in a "one-sided" battle over Dawn, or w/e you want to call it. Obviously my question is why? It seemed fairly akward to me that they would indulge Kenny, and Dawn's relationship at that late of a stage if they didn't intend to make anything out of it. When it really wasn't expanded upon as say Drew and May. Then there's the fact that they live in the same town, have the same goals, etc etc.

As for Ash, and Dawn's relationship, seeing as how it was built up and emphasized throughout Sinnoh just to have that episode come along seemed like a perpetual "smack" for lack of a better term to the fans of this particular pairing. Not to downplay this shipping, but it seemed they didn't want to give the viewer the idea that Dawn and Ash could happen so they introduced Kenny as a character, and eventually DP180. Hence why I borught up the comparison to the Drew/Kenny thing. Drew beat Ash, and she would eventually develop a thing for him. Kenny beat Ash, and Dawn called it "cool." Dawn's not nearly a clueless about love as Ash is. She knew what was transpiring in DP178.

I guess you could argue that the meaning of High Touch was subtly emphasized in DP180, and the fact that she still wanted to travel with them is a nice touch too.
    Sorry Neji I'm gonna have to disagree. It wasn't a smack to us pearlshippers because its normal for Ash to lose in some battles. The battle was really important but as stated before Ash had no clue about the stakes.

As for why it happened, what else could happen? Ash beats Kenny and what would that solve? In fact if Kenny lost then Dawn could've felt bad for him and that would give Penguinshipping a huge boost when Dawn goes to comfort Kenny or talks to him.

I think the loss Ash suffered really bugs you the most and trust me it bugged the hell out of me too and the fear that Dawn might just go with Kenny... well at least for us pearlshippers for the latter lol.

The idea that Ash and Dawn are not able to be together and that Kenny was introduced to drive that point is an interesting take on things. But there are some holes in your logic and I'm gonna poke them.

Drew and May's relationship is completely different from Kenny and Dawn's relationship.
    Unlike May, Dawn has not battled against Kenny often because Kenny is quiet honestly a weak coordinator. Also Dawn hasn't blushed for Kenny to my knowledge which May has already done and the same for Drew.

Even if Dawn and Kenny are both from Twinleaf town it doesn't affect their relationship unless they stop traveling and stay at Twinleaf town for a long time and see each other every single day. Having the same dream to be a master coordinator hardly matters either. Sure Dawn and Kenny will meet often because of it but will it really change anything between childhood friends? Kenny has given plenty of hints that he likes Dawn but unlike Drew it isn't apparent like a rose for Dawn or compliments. Dawn's one compliment to Kenny was that he looked cool after he beat Ash but still didn't travel with him. Sure she may have been obligated to stay with Ash because he supported her for a long time but she could've easily said she will travel with Kenny instead of going to a fashion show thing.

DP 180 was truly a confusing state of affairs for Penguin and Pearlshippers. I can see that the cool compliment is a bit foreboding and that Dawn may have developed a thing for Kenny but Kenny left after DP 180 and Dawn didn't take the time to say goodbye face to face. Dawn can understand pokemon romantic love apparently but not human romantic love since Lyra's comments went over her brain and exited out fast lol.

Its like a girl thinking 2 cats look cute together but when a boy likes the girl she is clueless lol.

Well Neji this is my response and I'm sure Facescar and DUK will respond soon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalUpkeep View Post
    It would be great if that happened. The BW could just be peppered with Satoshi obsessing over things Hikari did, Hikari looked like, Hikari said, and it becomes a gag similar to Takeshi's chasing women. 8D. Like Dento or Iris have to like shake him violently when he goes into Hikari-thinking modeee. xD!
    Oh my god the awesomeness of that idea is just too much for me to handle.. and they DO need a new gag now that Brock's (supposedly) out of the picture (;
    Iris: Heeyy, this is pretty cool, don't you think, Satoshi? ... Satoshi?
    Dento: -sigh- (here we go again..)
    Satoshi: -staring at a red scarf wistfully- ~
    WRITERS READ THE PEARLSHIPPING THREAD WILL YOU? ;__;

Quote Originally Posted by CrazedPochama View Post
    i was kinda dissapointed that Hikari didn't cry.. D: But I think that really reflects upon their closeness. Friends don't cry, and stay strong for each other :P
    Awesome fanart... I always love your work. ^^
    & Hikari did cry, didn't she? She bowed her head and looked like she was about to cry but then Satoshi did his "HIKARI! DAIIIJOOUUUBUUUUU" thing and she looked up and smiled, running after the boat (movie-esque. o__o).

Well I guess that's almost-crying.. But almost-crying in the Pokemon anime is quite a big deal, if you ask me, emotional things like that don't happen often

Quote Originally Posted by CrazedPochama View Post
    I love Pokemon fanifcs! I remember one i read a loooooong time ago. I wanna read it again, but i can't find it! It was on fanfiction.net, and it was about Darkrai and ash and dawn are stuck on an island, and darkrai keeps attacking them, and they have to survive. it was pretty epic. I am working on a factiction too, but i am too lazy to finish it (maybe i will!~)

I will keep posting fanarts when i draw them! Even if they left, i'll still support and keep pearlshipping alive! (kinda corny, i know XD)
    Yes! I know this story! It's one of the few fanfics in my favorites. (: It's called "One Pink Scarf". http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3602819/1/One_Pink_Scarf

& we'll all keep PearlShipping alive ~ corny but very very true. x3

Youtube ; Fanfiction

You're the colour, you're the movement and the spin
    Never could it stay with me the whole day long...
    Fail with c o n s e q u e n c e, lose with eloquence and smile.
    I'm not in this movie, I'm not in this song...

To answer the question of watching the next season, definitely as the anime doesn't fail on the fun factor.

And again, I suggest to any fanfic writers here who will watch Best Wishes. I'd say help to keep Pearlshipping alive by adaptating the BW episodes in fanfic format, only with Dawn as part of the cast. Whether you alter the ending to D&P's finale or simply having Dawn rejoin Ash, up to you (Heck there's currently a fanfic which follows the Diamond/Pearl episodes, only with May as part of the cast).

But I'm ready to pose a new bolded question myself.

Ash clearly isn't completely uninterested in girls as he reacts pretty postive to Melody and Latias kissing him. So if Dawn (who's been around him constantly) was to kiss him on the lips, how do you see him reacting?

You know how Brock smiles when he sees a pretty girl? I'd say that Ash would put that smile to shame (probably being out of it for 5 minutes). Maybe even saying to himself or Pikachu that he liked that kiss. But I have another take on his reaction which I will go into on the next bolded question I pose down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiyonder View Post
    To answer the question of watching the next season, definitely as the anime doesn't fail on the fun factor.

And again, I suggest to any fanfic writers here who will watch Best Wishes. I'd say help to keep Pearlshipping alive by adaptating the BW episodes in fanfic format, only with Dawn as part of the cast. Whether you alter the ending to D&P's finale or simply having Dawn rejoin Ash, up to you (Heck there's currently a fanfic which follows the Diamond/Pearl episodes, only with May as part of the cast).
    I will definitely watch BW. I think Isshu's very interesting, and even without Dawn, I've always loved the anime, so I'll keep watching, and I'll keep supporting Pearlshipping!

As for the fanfic suggestion: I suppose... but I've got some better ideas in the pipeline . I'd prefer more where Ash meets up with Dawn after BW (it's a short anime, remember? I don't think TWO Isshu gym leaders would leave the region with Ash, they'd likely go back...) /stopping before I get carried away by BW speculations.

Ash clearly isn't completely uninterested in girls as he reacts pretty postive to Melody and Latias kissing him. So if Dawn (who's been around him constantly) was to kiss him on the lips, how do you see him reacting?

ooooooohhhhhh... good point ... good.. point.. He'd probably react the way he did to Melody, not Latias/Bianca (the main reason is that much of the Latias/Bianca one was, I think, because he wasn't sure who it was).

See, after Melody kissed Ash, he seemed pretty entranced by her (much to the chagrin of Misty XD). Maybe Dawn could get the same reaction?
    Last edited by Facescar; 21st September 2010 at 2:09 AM.

@~SkyHigh~: Hello there and welcome! Always always nice to see a new member. . Hope you have fun discussing with us.
    @Tyrannosaurusalan: I liked your oneshot! . It was a little bit depressing... but well-written nonetheless!

Spoiler:- @Neji:
        Spoiler:- @CrazedPochama:
        Spoiler:- @Crimsonash:
        Spoiler:- @Namine:
        Spoiler:- @Antiyonder:
    Yes I'm a shipper. There's no need to think anything differently of me though.

PearlShipping Fanfic I'm working on...: Click? :3[Last update: (Sep25) (Chapter 12)]

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    But there are some holes in your logic and I'm gonna poke them.

I hope dearly nobody else is planning on doing this. If you are, speak up now, because I will if you won't. Perhaps combine the idea Namine elaborated onnnn. 8D.[/SPOILER]
    Good to see someone took interest in my suggestion. Just another thing to specify my suggestion, is to write the chapters themselves to be like the actual aired episode, only with Dawn's presence and Pearlshipping content added.

Quote Originally Posted by Facescar View Post
    ooooooohhhhhh... good point ... good.. point.. He'd probably react the way he did to Melody, not Latias/Bianca (the main reason is that much of the Latias/Bianca one was, I think, because he wasn't sure who it was).

See, after Melody kissed Ash, he seemed pretty entranced by her (much to the chagrin of Misty XD). Maybe Dawn could get the same reaction?
    I think yes, but with someone who's traveled with him (Dawn) as opposed to a girl he met once (Melody) his entranced reaction so to speak would be intense.

Haha, I really like the fact that you guys can stay so positive despite my negativity given the whole situation. Sorry if I came across to argumenative.

. But there are some holes in your logic and I'm gonna poke them.
    I lol'ed when I read this for some reason.

I think the loss Ash suffered really bugs you the most. Sure she may have been obligated to stay with Ash because he supported her for a long time . DP 180 was truly a confusing state of affairs for Penguin and Pearlshippers. I can see that the cool compliment is a bit foreboding and that Dawn may have developed a thing for Kenny.
    Wow, you basically effectively summed up everything about this episode I percieved in my POV to be what the writers were implying, and even added that his loss despite the excuse bothered me too. Hence my dislike for the episode. Cheers.

Haha. Unless you're bothered by it, I don't think we mind. It's a bit annoying, yes, to have someone play devil's advocate, but it's undeniably helpful. The extra point of view forces new interpretations, and as a bonus, we're dragging you back in... hehehe...
    Sorry about that, I just needed a place to vent about the episode, and I figured I pick on you guys (heheheh), especially since I had grown a soft spot for this pairing as of the post-Windworks episode. XD

I think my posting here as often as I have in the past means I've already been dragged back in somewhat, though it really wasn't unintentional.
    Last edited by Hyuuga Neji; 26th September 2010 at 6:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyuuga Neji View Post
    Haha, I really like the fact that you guys can stay so positive despite my negativity given the whole situation. Sorry if I came across to argumenative.
    We're clinically ecstatic. :P.

I lol'ed when I read this for some reason.
    Glad I wasn't the only one.

I think my posting here as often as I have in the past means I've already been dragged back in, though it really wasn't unintentional.
    Well, your name IS on the supporters list. :P.

PearlShipping Fanfic I'm working on...: Click? :3[Last update: (Sep25) (Chapter 12)]

Well, your name IS on the supporters list. :P.
    Wow, I never actually noticed that. I just started posting alot in the past few days. I think the very first time I posted was when the summary for DP180 came out, and PK0082 translated it.

I wonder if, when Hikari/Dawn makes her return appearance in the series, the first thing we'll hear say is her tag line.

Example: Satoshi/Ash is depressed over something and though Iris and Dento try to cheer him up, but it doesn't work well. Then we hear Hikari/Dawn's voice shout out "No need to worry" (forgot Japanese version), resulting in Satoshi/Ash turning aroud with a surprised, excited, and hopeful look on his face.

I think at first he would be surprised/shocked , and then he would kiss her back once he realizes his feeling for Dawn (or he could be as dense as always).

Best Wishes tomorrow (today), so pumped for it. And that brings me to my question.

Spoiler:- Shipping Stuff and my view:

-I don't normally ship, but when I do I prefer Pearlshipping. Stay Classy my friends.
    Why leave for tomorrow what you can do today?

Quote Originally Posted by Naminésky View Post

Oh my god the awesomeness of that idea is just too much for me to handle.. and they DO need a new gag now that Brock's (supposedly) out of the picture (;
    Iris: Heeyy, this is pretty cool, don't you think, Satoshi? ... Satoshi?
    Dento: -sigh- (here we go again..)
    Satoshi: -staring at a red scarf wistfully- ~
    WRITERS READ THE PEARLSHIPPING THREAD WILL YOU? ;__;
    It's true isn't it with the Brock situation. I mean, that was the 'signature' of the episode most of the time, it was kind of like a whodunnit question, except it is more of a 'willheevergetagirl?' question XD so what will they do now? Hmm....we'll have to see what the new characters are like really...I mean, we see Iris in her debut don't we tomorrow right? Now referring to DigitalUpkeep's idea:

It would be great if that happened. The BW could just be peppered with Satoshi obsessing over things Hikari did, Hikari looked like, Hikari said, and it becomes a gag similar to Takeshi's chasing women. 8D. Like Dento or Iris have to like shake him violently when he goes into Hikari-thinking modeee. xD!
    That's a fab idea! Despite the girl being gone she still manages to dance on your everyday thoughts and feelings, no matter how far away she goes. DigitalUpkeep, Ever thought of writing your own stories, because that would be awesome And if you already have a past in writing and I'm just really slow at realising it....STILL AWESOME =D Sorry, I sound like an idiot -hides in corner-

Oooh! A hard one...plus the LIPS Well, the obvious thing is that he would be down right surprised. A kiss might not be new but on the lips means a whole different thing in some perspective, but I'm pretty sure (unfortunately) that Ash being dense and all, that he wouldn't really think much of it and go about it like with Melody's and Latias' kiss; but if his attitudes have changed then he might go ask someone saying: 'Why did she do that? What does it mean?' and take it on like a proper situation. However, that is probably as close to realistic as it gets, unless he really has FULLY matured since I seriously can't tell anymore XD, then something strange could happen.

However, I'm going to go with my first thought here, surprised and somewhat shocked at the action (added last bit in). It kind of reminds me at the beginning of Peter Pan when Peter doesn't realise what Wendy means by thimble(however you spell the thing)/kiss and has to be shown it, kinda. XD ... Although... he can't fly, but it seems in someway like he is in Neverland as he never grows up *mind and body* but again I could be wrong, plus...he can't fly...or can he? I mean if he can survive that many falls he has head surely he should be able to fly -is shot-

Actually I have another idea, it somewhat has to make a difference of whom the kiss was coming from. This is Dawn. The girl who has travelled with him all his Sinnoh journey, the one who has comforted and has gone to the edges of the earth to help him/make him feel better etc etc. I mean, it could mean something more to him this time. This goes back to my 'why?' statement in the first paragraph XD And just maybe he'd kiss her back... also, Melody and Latias were first timers to him if you get my drift, so of course he wouldn't think much of them, Dawn is a different story. Balancing them out (since I am a Libra -is shot-), it would be more intense if Dawn had kissed him compared to Latias and Melody, thus giving more of an effect in Ash's perspective, as well as Dawn's. I still think the shocked/surprised one is more likely However, I could be wrong, no one said it was impossible
    'Don't count life by the breaths you take, count it by the moments that take your breath away'

-SatoHika- -ShuHaru-SaitoLouise

No life is fair or perfect…but this is close & we can all make life…a little fairer - Moments

I often think too much about things and put myself in a bad mood...

Spoiler:- @Neji:
        Spoiler:- @Ideologies:
        Spoiler:- @DestinyChance:

Hmm. I think that she would kiss him, then he'd have no idea what she was doing and just stand there, or freeze up and blush but not react. Then she'd draw away quickly, embarrassed, and like run away, and he'd go follow her and... Everything is nice in the enddd.. *imagination wanderssss* :3

Gahh, I haven't been here in awhile. Sorry real life is pissing me off...

I honestly seeing him being shocked first. Confused because it would probably be a spontaneous act. But he probably wouldn't mind it at all. He might even kiss back. =D

I see Ash as a "focused on other things besides love" type of person. His clueless mindset about love comes from the fact he hasn't invested time in it. Instead of worrying about girls (Like Brock) he was worried about how to make his Pokemon stronger.

That's totally ironic. :P.
    Yes, indeed it is. I was really looking forward to seeing the episode. It didn' really help that it aired on the first day of training for my new summer job. I got up in the morning expecting hear Kenny got pwned. I read the comments, and massively facepalmed.

....Anyway, here's a topic to add to the ongoing one.

If Dawn doesn't appear in BW, and she instead sends a postcard with a picture and a note, what would it say? Go crazy if you wish.

Hi everone!

Quote Originally Posted by Ideologies View Post
    I think at first he would be surprised/shocked , and then he would kiss her back once he realizes his feeling for Dawn (or he could be as dense as always).
    Sadly, I see density winning...

To answer your epic spoiler with a single phrase: I agree whole-heartedly.

@DestinyChance: Haha, DUk's already writing an awesome story right now (as well as a one-shot), but she does come up with an insane amount of good ideas for new ones .

Actually I have another idea, it somewhat has to make a difference of whom the kiss was coming from. This is Dawn. The girl who has travelled with him all his Sinnoh journey, the one who has comforted and has gone to the edges of the earth to help him/make him feel better etc etc. I mean, it could mean something more to him this time. This goes back to my 'why?' statement in the first paragraph XD And just maybe he'd kiss her back... also, Melody and Latias were first timers to him if you get my drift, so of course he wouldn't think much of them, Dawn is a different story. Balancing them out (since I am a Libra -is shot-), it would be more intense if Dawn had kissed him compared to Latias and Melody, thus giving more of an effect in Ash's perspective, as well as Dawn's. I still think the shocked/surprised one is more likely However, I could be wrong, no one said it was impossible
    Poooosibly You make a good point. With Melody, he didn't even know her, but he got sucked in. With Bianca/Latias, he knew Latias, but didn't really know Bianca, and either way he just got kissed by a girl who doesn't know him well or a Pokemom (legendary, but still). With Chikorita, he'd just captured her (yes, she does indeed kiss him on the cheek), but he laughed happily (treating it as a joke). I think the combination of knowing her soooo well and it being on the lips might be enough for him to wake up. He'd certainly react a lot stronger.

Hmm. I think that she would kiss him, then he'd have no idea what she was doing and just stand there, or freeze up and blush but not react. Then she'd draw away quickly, embarrassed, and like run away, and he'd go follow her and... Everything is nice in the enddd.. *imagination wanderssss* :3
    DUk, unfortunately, read my mind on this one... (changes script).

Quote Originally Posted by catzeye View Post
    Gahh, I haven't been here in awhile. Sorry real life is pissing me off...
    No worries, welcome to the club XD

Quote Originally Posted by Hyuuga Neji View Post
    If Dawn doesn't appear in BW, and she instead sends a postcard with a picture and a note, what would it say? Go crazy if you wish.
    Actually, I see her appearance as similar to Marina's in DP, which means not through trying to contact the characters. See, Marina's appearance on a Magazine cover (advertising the Poketch) meant she had achieved her life's goal, to become a PokeIdol or whatever. I think Ash'll see Dawn's issue (she MIGHT send it to him personally) and be psyched that she made it. He'd definitely take a look at it, just like he looked at her designs back during the contest.

As for what a note MIGHT say... yikes... She wouldn't admit love, it'd be a really odd way to do it. She might say that she's finished up her design job, and is doing one of two things.
    1) She wants to meet up with Ash (far more likely if this wasn't a show in need of brand new girls as a literal "eye-candy" (that's how one guy in charge of the show put it in an interview -_-). Luckily for us, there's a decent (decent, not good) shot that Dawn might show up again as "White". Why's that? Each former girl's outfit changed into their appearance in their second game when they showed up for their cameo. For May, that meant her Emerald design (with Misty I'm guessing, but it seems close to whatever she was wearing in Gold...). Anyways, Dawn's second outfit (her heavier clothing from Platinum) has already been used, and Isshu's climate rules that out. Soooooo... sooo... what if she took White's role? They'll definitely find a way to make someone in her clothing show up, and Dawn is shockingly close to White. Not to mention Dawn will be a designer too at this point, which makes it easier for her to also join the Isshu contests. Even if she were to join Ash past Isshu in a different region, she'd make good sense as a second protagonist.
    2) She has finished, but it giving up on him (not so directly...), saying that she's going to work towards the GF, and will be working with Zoey. She'd mention that she hopes to see Ash again soon, etc. and Ash might pay her a visit. Who knows, given this supposedly shorter saga?

Can't wait 'till I can watch the episode tomorrow .

... Ahhh, it's been far too long since I've come here...

Well guys, I'm not going to get into detail about my whereabouts the past 1-2 months, so let's just say it involves me losing interest in this place and shipping overall. (+ lots and lots of anime watching and manga reading and drawing and etc.)

With my drastic loss of interesting in the shipping department for the anime, I've just come here to say that my activity in this thread will be close to Zero. I will still be active here on the forums and will continue with my duties of updating the thread with any new details (PM/VM me if your name isn't added on the list or w/e), and I still love Pearlshipping from the bottom of my heart ♥.

So this post isn't just full of off-topic garbage, I'll answer the current topic (if it IS the current topic *completely lost in the thread discussion*). XD

Oh jeez.. let's see..

Dear Ash,

Hey, it's me, Dawn! How's the Isshu Region, Mr. Pokemon Master? Having a fun time without me? Haha, just joking! Anyway, I've been doing fine on my own. It's a bit lonely without you--and without Brock as well. But no need to worry! Because I know that even though we're far apart at the moment, we will always be connected in our hearts, right? Oh, and Piplup says hi as well! He really misses being with Pikachu... And I also miss you guys. I hope we get to meet up again soon.

Have fun on your journey!

Love,
    Dawn

P.S. Tell Pikachu I said hi and to make sure to wake you up with a shock every morning! Hehe~

Fufufu.. I tried to keep her as in-character as I could in the letter. What do you guys think? xD

Don't forget to PM/VM me if you're a new member and you'd like your name on the list, or if you want me to put up fanfics/fanart/amvs/whatever.

Until next time, whenever that will be! ♥

Wow. Pokefan. Your post was one I was going to make. Right down to every detail. Scary. Very nice letter. It captures Dawn character very well.

Like Pokefan, I have generally lost interest in the shipping aspects of the show. Pretty much Pokemon in its entirety has lost it value to me. So posting anything pertaining to this anime will be next to none.

Until next time, although I'm not sure when that will be.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Daijoubu~ It is only natural to have waning interest in anything you do. This is especially true with a long running franchise with a long running show as Pokemon. Eventually you will have a spark that will make you interested again. Maybe not, I cannot say for sure. I myself put off Pokemon since 2004. Nonetheless, good luck and have fun in your endeavors.

Quote Originally Posted by Facescar View Post
    Luckily for us, there's a decent (decent, not good) shot that Dawn might show up again as "White". Why's that? Each former girl's outfit changed into their appearance in their second game when they showed up for their cameo. For May, that meant her Emerald design (with Misty I'm guessing, but it seems close to whatever she was wearing in Gold...). Anyways, Dawn's second outfit (her heavier clothing from Platinum) has already been used, and Isshu's climate rules that out. Soooooo... sooo... what if she took White's role? They'll definitely find a way to make someone in her clothing show up, and Dawn is shockingly close to White.
    This wouldn't be so much of a stretch considering they are using Black's clothing as Satoshi's clothing for Best Wishes. ;P
    Last edited by Ideologies; 23rd September 2010 at 4:45 AM.
    Why leave for tomorrow what you can do today?

If I can join discussion I found that best whishes OP includes some references to dawn ( actually one whole verse)
    Here it is

If I listen closely, I hear a nostalgic voice (Nostalgic voice = Dawn?)
    A voice from the future ( Dawns return to series?)
    It's always praying for me
    "You'll be all right! (All right! = Daijōbu!)
    Somehow it'll be all right! (same repeats)
    Everyone will be all right!" (same repeats)

Lyrics Form Bulbapedia

Waht do you think ?
    Games played : Pokemon Blue, Yellow, Sliver, Crystal, LeafGreen, Emerald, Black(on pc )
    Games played on DS : Pokemon ranger 2, Diamond Platinum, Heart Gold,
    Consoles owned : Nintendo GameCube , Nintendo DS (R.I.P) , Nintendo DSi , Nintendo Wii

Quote Originally Posted by Tinix View Post
    If I can join discussion I found that best whishes OP includes some references to dawn ( actually one whole verse)
    Here it is

If I listen closely, I hear a nostalgic voice (Nostalgic voice = Dawn?)
    A voice from the future ( Dawns return to series?)
    It's always praying for me
    "You'll be all right! (All right! = Daijōbu!)
    Somehow it'll be all right! (same repeats)
    Everyone will be all right!" (same repeats)

Lyrics Form Bulbapedia

Waht do you think ?
    Sounds good! I'll verify when I get home. The use of the phrase makes an otherwise vague line better...

-EDIT-

Apparently there are no people in this song, but it IS SUNG by Ash's voice actress, Rica Matsumoto, so we know it's about Ash. I'll cover the "images" of the opening when I get home.

Spoiler:- Full, official Lyrics (English):

Haha, and now I can't calm down. Get psyched guys! There's few other ways to interpret this!
    Last edited by Facescar; 23rd September 2010 at 9:01 PM.

Page 153 of 306 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast