Page 160 of 308 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 7692

Thread: Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Heck, even with the sequel to Avatar The Last Airbender further enforcing Aang/Katara, you still have some Zutara fans standing by their pairing preference.
    yes, we are! but anyways Dawn has a strong bond with Ash...
    Friend Code 216561919515

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    You know I wouldn't mind if Dawn does not make a cameo in BW. Because the series is being rebooted I don't think Dawn will appear. However! in exchange for her not appearing I say Ash goes back and competes in the Champions league with Dawn traveling with him.
    Simply put: Both return and cameo > Return for champions league > Cameo > Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    Does anyone else believe the finale to DP had a bit of symbolism? If you think about the character Dawn, you all know that Dawn doesn't last forever, therefore Dusk comes; nevertheless, Brock and Ash left Dawn during the sunset because it was her last time to spend together with them.
    Nope. Goodbyes that mean something always happen at sunset (Japanese culture probably). After all, Dawn's name in Japanese comes out as "light", not "sunrise". Obviously, the fact that there *was* a sunset moment at all shows that there was sincere emotions behind it, but that's about it X|.

Quote Originally Posted by wind21 View Post
    The most striking thing from that episode was Cynthia's battle with Flint, and how intense Ash was when watching it. If Cynthia does end up being the champion Ash eventually defeats, then Ash will always be defined, for me, by his Sinnoh journey and his relationship with the 3 major characters from that region: Cynthia, Paul, and Dawn. I guess, in my bleakest moments, that's the hope that keeps me watching the show right now, to see at least if Cynthia is that champion and I can forever think of Ash as a Sinnoh Trainer-pearlshipping happiness for me!
    Yeah, I have to agree with that.

DP189's Dub: Well, they got close to ruining the moment, but the "Dawn-getting-worried-about-Ash" moment was mostly kept intact, and it still had the desired effect. The episode was actually pretty good (and the cheers were passable XP), so now I really can't wait for the dub of the Sinnoh League!
    I still contend that the interest Dawn is showing in the badge ceremony and the goodbye is another "hidden" hint, just like Dawn looking at Ash when Lyra calls her pretty, etc.
    FanFiction Profile! (3/1 update: What's Left Unsaid, Chpt. 6)
    Please leave a review to help me improve!
    Click here for story progress updates

what episode do you think dawn/hikari is coming back and how long?
    looking for a female eevee
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by pandastar16 View Post
    what episode do you think dawn/hikari is coming back and how long?
    I'd say after at least 50 or so episodes when the new series is really underway. And maybe for at least 2-4 episodes, my guess.
    I like heavy metal shut up.

Also here's my DeviantArt so you can see my mediocre writing skills.

http://ashdawnheartofwinter.deviantart.com/

Hello! I figured with the upcoming dubbed episode DP180 that sent the people in here into a tailspin that I would add my two cents about the anime and pearlshipping.

First of all, I am a pearlshipper; I just want you all to know that. I've kept track of pearlshipping since 2.0 thread :P. It really is the only reason I keep up with pokemon. I haven't played the games since Red. Even though I would not like to use the excuse of this being my first post, all of what I will say pertains to pearlshipping (at least in my view). I guess I'll use spoiler tags to minimize.

Spoiler:- The Anime in General:

Spoiler:- Dawn's Character:

Spoiler:- Why Pearlshipping appeals to me:

Spoiler:- Isshu's Introduced:

Spoiler:- A Children's Show:

Spoiler:- In relation to other ships:

I don't personally think Dawn will visit Ash in the new region. Just because Ash's previous companions did doesn't mean she will. (Not sure how exactly that will work either and I'll be pleasantly surprised if she does visit and stay :P) In DP191, the group's goals were reiterated in which hers is to be a pokemon coordinator. Do they have contests in Isshu? I haven't watched any of it. I suppose, since she is doing that pokemon modeling, she probably could pay Ash a visit with that taking her there.

That all being said...(in a highly unlikely scenario, prolly more of a fanfic piece if someone wanted to run with that...)

In an event that Dawn does visit Ash in Isshu, the two would be first communicating over via videophone. So then when Ash is all excited to see an old friend in Dawn, Gary (he still is in Sinnoh as we know!) appears on the videophone and says he's also going to see Ash. That then surprises Ash (He still holds kind of a rivalry with Gary, so this would be slightest hint of jealously that holds Ash in character) and Dawn says they met while she was in -said city-. "Okay see you soon!" "Ya see ya Ashy-boy!" Ash isn't sure what to think and Iris asks him about them.

That would be the start and quite a humorous episode...but highly unlikely to happen. Also, I think Dawn is just as oblivious as Ash when it comes to her own feelings (so she wouldn't think of anything of Gary). She may see the instances between pokemon (like Piplup and Meowth) but she seems to be just like Ash when it comes to Kenny.

That all being said, Ash and Dawn are so alike and so cute together that they belong together! :P

Hello again guys! I decided we needed some kind of good intro for the 200th page, but I kinda did everything I wanted to do already... :/

SOoooooooo, I'll just improvise!

Spoiler:- Predictions:
    What about, just overall, the changes of Pearlshipping? Well, compared to Advanceshipping and Pokeshipping, it certainly has a better shot. At least that much is... moderately clear. I'll wait on that prediction until we see how deep this reboot runs. If older characters stay around (we've seen Professor Oak and Delia so far, so Pallet Town hasn't collapsed yet :/)
    FanFiction Profile! (3/1 update: What's Left Unsaid, Chpt. 6)
    Please leave a review to help me improve!
    Click here for story progress updates

I am still under the belief that Dawn will not appear in BW, and I don't want her to because this gives more off a chance that she will rejoin the main cast instead of a cameo after which we will never hear of her again.

That said, She didn't give a gift (Soothe Bell are Ash's/Paul's.). Therefore, I have two things to say.
    1) If you go by precedent, each of the first two girl gave Ash 2 Gifts (1 at their goodbyes [Handkerchief, Ribbon], and 1 in their Cameo [Lure, Statue]). Therefore, at the very least if the writers were to continue that precedent, we can expect Dawn twice.
    2) It is because she didn't give Ash a gift (As far as we know of.), that I believe she is not going to appear in this series and will instead rejoin him, possibly as a duo, in a future series...

I also think, if they do indeed remake R/S/E, May will make a Cameo.

GJ on the activity lately ;P
    Why leave for tomorrow what you can do today?

Part of the reason why I hadn't said anything until now was the fact that this thread was so up and down. Like people were expecting them to fall deeply in love. And then some of the ideas being tossed around seemed too farfetched. That was a little too much for me.
    Hey Fireball20 nice to have you here. I can understand what you mean by the thread going up and down lol.

However it would be boring to say Ash and Dawn belong together without some sort of ridiculous topics about the two. IE: When will Ash and Dawn have their first date? That sort of topic will never happen in the anime but its fun to discuss.

But just post a bit more often and share your ideas with us.

Now DP 179 dub was good and I think there was a hint or two but I have to watch it again.

As far as the whole contest thing goes, I think it's safe to say that just because the games will be dropping the contest does it make their existence in the animeverse obsolete. We just won't see it onscreen.

However it would be boring to say Ash and Dawn belong together without some sort of ridiculous topics about the two. IE: When will Ash and Dawn have their first date? That sort of topic will never happen in the anime but its fun to discuss.

Agreed. If you need a basis for any hypothetic question, just pretend there's another universe where Ash and Dawn continue traveling together, or seperate but unite in Isshu.

Yay, 200 pages! Here's to 200 more, assuming this thread remains active for that long, and though it'll probably take years given the current lack of Dawn in the show.

On the one hand, I'm kind of sad that Dawn didn't give Ash a gift before he left, but at least it made their parting more unique. Misty's was just sudden (had to go back to run the family gym), and May's was... I honestly can't remember. I think I watched it at one point, but then I didn't care that much about that generation. Although at least Dawn was originally going to follow Ash, until something came up, and they were already in her hometown, so it was Ash leaving rather than parting ways (like he did with Brock). Oh well, at least when Dawn left, I'm glad it was just focused on the high five and emotions rather than just exchanging a few gifts.

While contests in games were never my favorite, its kind of different seeing them gone from the anime, after all these years, but that's just how it goes, with the anime trying to adjust to how the games change, although it usually doesn't do all that good of a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Facescar View Post
    Hello again guys! I decided we needed some kind of good intro for the 200th page, but I kinda did everything I wanted to do already... :/

SOoooooooo, I'll just improvise!

Spoiler:- Predictions:
    What about, just overall, the changes of Pearlshipping? Well, compared to Advanceshipping and Pokeshipping, it certainly has a better shot. At least that much is... moderately clear. I'll wait on that prediction until we see how deep this reboot runs. If older characters stay around (we've seen Professor Oak and Delia so far, so Pallet Town hasn't collapsed yet :/)
    You make great points, and I forgot about the wooden doll lol

Ugh. I don't think I can handle any more remakes. Fire Red, Leaf Green, Heart Gold and Soul Silver were tolerable because their gameboy versions came into a huge barrier of not being able to go to the Advance games. Few can be quite powerful if brought from there to here (Machamp with No Guard ability using Fissures learned from Red/Green/Blue/Yellow's TM *shudders*). The previous characters can appear now without relying on remakes. Besides, most of them are not guaranteed like Battle Frontier arc not giving us Sabrina/Erika rematches or whatever fixes they could have done from their past mistakes like GS Ball.

I am still under the belief that Dawn will not appear in BW, and I don't want her to because this gives more off a chance that she will rejoin the main cast instead of a cameo after which we will never hear of her again.
    Yeah, I can't decide either. Part of me wants Dawn to cameo just to see her and part of me do not because she'll be leaving again. Another adventure with her will do just fine.

Which DP episodes would you have rewritten or tweaked for to boost Pearl's chances of becoming canon in the future? Explain.

Another episode I would tweak is Gible and Draco Meteor. Dawn falling and using Mamoswine as her safety net and Ash reaching the top with Gible's help is fine. However, instead of Dawn staying there, Ash could have summoned Grotle to utilize Rock Climb as a field move to get Dawn and Piplup to the top.
    "Real life is heartbreak, despair, kid. Sometimes you get to the end of the rainbow, the leprechauns went and booby-trapped it."

Credits to pokefan#493. Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ideologies View Post
    Actually, Nintendo has already said something on this. Seeing as the 3DS will have its own Virtual Handheld (like the Wii's Virtual Console) that will cater to Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance games (and likely other hand helds like the Game Gear) and the older Pokemon games will likely be part of the VH.

When/if Dawn rejoins Ash in the future, what 5th gen Pokemon do you think she may have and which of her current Pokemon will be put into reserve (excluding Piplup)?

Forgive me for not being active in here D: I haven't been online much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ideologies
    I agree with you on that.
    If they do remake R/S/E, I'm sure May will make cameo in BW, I just know it.

Ok, I just need to answer this topic:

If you can make anyone a Pearlshipper, who would it be?

I have like so many choices for this one:

My first choice would be Misty. It would have been awesome if she did come back in DP and became a Pearlshipper.
    Piplup already is a Pearlshipper, IMO, so I'd choose Pikachu.
    Johanna and Delia, you can't make it more obvious then that, if you ask me.
    May definietly as well. It would have been so awesome if she teased Dawn about that subject and Ash. I would have loved that.
    Iris definietly. If Dawn does come back in BW, I'd love to see her see the close bond between Ash and Dawn and she thinks, 'they're too close to be 'just' friends.'

Credit | Author's Profile | Multi-Shipper ☆ Drew fan | Status: Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
    Actually, Nintendo has already said something on this. Seeing as the 3DS will have its own Virtual Handheld (like the Wii's Virtual Console) that will cater to Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance games (and likely other hand helds like the Game Gear) and the older Pokemon games will likely be part of the VH.

When/if Dawn rejoins Ash in the future, what 5th gen Pokemon do you think she may have and which of her current Pokemon will be put into reserve (excluding Piplup)?
    Anything to get those older games unforgotten.

Shikijika seem more likely. Of course, if BW follows DP's unpredictability a little, whichever Pokemon is fine by me.
    "Real life is heartbreak, despair, kid. Sometimes you get to the end of the rainbow, the leprechauns went and booby-trapped it."

Hello I think that poke and pearlshipping had much more fan-fulfilling than advanceshipping as May's departure was more like contestshipping than anything. She wanted to leave to follow Drew in Johto.

Anyhow, I loved the ending of 191 with Satoshi noticing her being sad and calling out to her, "Daii--joou---Buu!" What a tear jerker...

^_^. Who can deny the cuteness of that moment?
    NeoMIniTails@gmail.com That is my email

Quote Originally Posted by Ideologies View Post
    I get what you are saying, but a cameo wouldn't hurt IMO.

DP and BW shares almost same staff members.
    Matsui and Oohashi are gone, but DP movie-exclusive writer Sonoda has joined the staff.

Tomioka is again in a charge of series composition, but he is currently on a vacation (Fujita is currently doing Tomioka's work until he is back).
    Because of this, there's possibility that BW's plot style will change once Tomioka comes back. (Though I can't be sure on this because I have no idea on how Fujita is doing Tomioka's job. Fujita could be following Tomioka's instruction, or he could be doing everything himself)

Remembering how much Tomioka cherished Hikari in DP, should Hikari make a cameo appearance in BW, I expect her role to be some what big for a cameo.

Well, you never know what will happen in the future, but hey, it's fun to guess future plots. XD
    Last edited by pK'; 5th November 2010 at 10:14 AM.

Grr. But I do not favor Dawn getting a cameo where the chances of her reappearing again is similar to the rest. She was made a co-star, she should have more benefits in future series.

Oh well. Whatever happens at least make it more tasteful to swallow.

Alright guys DP 180 dubbed is tomorrow so brace yourself for the official English version of the episode.

Anyways it is good to see activity even though school and life is bogging most of us down with stuff. I'm crossing my fingers for a good PS sided translation.

Alright guys DP 180 dubbed is tomorrow so brace yourself for the official English version of the episode.
    Lol, I'm looking forward to see how the dub butchers it. But honestly, it doesn't matter what they "add". We have the original Japanese translation already, and know what was said.
    Last edited by Hyuuga Neji; 5th November 2010 at 10:21 PM.

I'll just do what I have been doing, and ignore the Dub as always <3.

Lol, I'm looking forward to see how the dub butchers it. But honestly, it doesn't matter what they "add". We have the original Japanese translation already, and know what was said.
    Well remember Pokeshipping got a huge boost from all those dubbed hints so I hope the same for PS.

But that was also when 4Kidz was doing the Dub. The Pokemon Company is handling the dubs these days ;P.

Well remember Pokeshipping got a huge boost from all those dubbed hints so I hope the same for PS.

Eh, if the past is any indication they won't add anything. The have taken out stuff from the jap version apparently. If anything I expect them to push Penguin more, or keep the episode relatively the same.

Eh, if the past is any indication they won't add anything. The have taken out stuff from the jap version apparently. If anything I expect them to push Penguin more, or keep the episode relatively the same.
    Well they might but hey you can't blame me for wanting more PS. :P

A new topic to add life to the thread

If Dawn was in the first pokemon movie with Ash and when Ash "died" how would Dawn react?

Page 160 of 308 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast